Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

i know, if i want to eat something for 99 calories a few bits of crisp won't be it...

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

In the past three days, I have:
    -Turned 21
    -Finished college with a first
    -Passed my driver's test

It's been a goooood week.:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Happy Birthday Pixie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

It's my birthday!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D Finally 21!!!!

Happy Birthday Pixie! Hope the party is brilliant and you get to see your gentleman friend soon ;)

I'm meeting my two friends for a walk today, one of whom is the friend who had a baby recently without knowing she was pregnant. We went on a walk last week as well; and some horrible douchebags drove past us waving a condom out the car window :mad: I hope nothing like that happens this time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

-Turned 21
    -Passed my driver's test

wow thats a hell of a week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Just email them, they don't answer the phones in any branch as far as I can tell but I've gotten fairly quick email responses.
    Any time I've phoned my local branch I've had to ring a few times before they answered, there was only about three times when they didn't answer.
    It's my birthday!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D Finally 21!!!!
    Happy Birthday Pixie, hope you have a great day and a great party.
    -Turned 21
    -Passed my driver's test

Happy belated Birthday, congrats on your college results and passing your diving test.

Over at my bf's house now, going home soon to make Nando's medium peri peri chicken and some spicy veggies, hope it's nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Not long back from a holy communion. Only went cause I have been training most of the kids the last few years. They all looked lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Happy birthday Pixie!!!!

In the process of painting the bathroom, kitchen and hall in my house, it's starting to look like a pack of crayons now... :/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Just collected our race packs for the mini-marathon - RDS was a right pain to get around. Never again :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Been playing Dragon Age 2 all morning. Good times! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

An hour and a half until my long weekend starts!! Come on 4pm, hurry upppppp! Not back in work until Thursday and in between have wedding menu tasting in the hotel and himself booked us in for the night too. Can't wait :-) this time 3 months I'll be recovering from our wedding and getting ready to go on honeymoon yayyy!

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend, pity the sun I in hiding though

there really were a lot of famous faces in the outer limits

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Prometheus was s**t,

well.............that is disappointing to hear

it's raining in cork yuss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Happy Bank Holiday Weekend fellow loungers. I started work last week and so have no internet access during the day to post so will be doing the big ones at the weekend!!!:D
    alie wrote: »
    Feeling really sad, found out yesterday that my daughter has a condition that put an end to what she wants to work as when she leaves school.

Sorry to hear alie, it can turn out funny that when something is denied you, that you turn your attention to something else which you may never have considered.........................
    What's the saying again.........What's for ya wont pass ya by!!:)
    just down today to be honest:(...had to move to uk for work im in flat and for the first time in my life i feel alone.

miss my three children, terrible feeling hope to god things work out here for me to send money home so they can enjoy life:).

on a brighter note im starting work thursday

have a great long weekend people:)

I feel your pain audi. I've had to move from my house/hubby and 4 kids for the working week as I don't have the funds for a 2nd car at the moment and the petrol costs are just too high....I get to go home tho' from Fri night till Sun night so not so bad
    ihsb wrote: »
    Nearly got charged €100 for the dart today! No one to buy a ticket from so I hopped on. Got off at Tara and went up to the man to pay and he was trying to get me to pay the fine... all because my leap card had run out.

Finally let me go but I then started sobbing. It was way too much for me. :o

This happened to me last year. The Q at the ticket desk was huge and the ticket machine wouldn't accept the 50 euro I had so I hopped onto the train.
    The ticket checker said it was my responsibility to have a ticket when boarding the train to which I replied that it was their responsibility to provide me with the adequate services from which to purchase the bloody ticket!!!
    bubblefett wrote: »
    You know, whoever wrote all those cheesy cliche sayings about how special friendship is clearly had better mates than me.

F**k it all, all my friends shall now be cats.

Hahahahahahaha..............
    It's my birthday!!!!!!!!! Finally 21!!!!

Wooooohoooooo............Partyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! Have a great weekend Pixie xxx
    Have had a fantastic few weeks. Applied for a counselling/psychotherapy degree. Had my interview in Dublin on Monday and felt it went really well.

Got the confirmation letter on Wednesday that I am IN and I have been smiling since. Am totally made up and really ready to embrace this big career change. I start in September. Bring it on :D

Last year and the first few months of this year were not good for me (I was in a rut and utterly miserable), but the worm has turned in lots of different ways and I am struggling to remember when I have felt happier :)

Have a lovely weekend all :)

Deleighted for you Sunflower..................
    -Turned 21
    -Passed my driver's test

It's been a goooood week.

Well done Tea-a-Maria!!!
    Quite an achievement:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Just went back horse riding for the first time in about 8 months. They were my life before I moved to Dublin, spent all my spare time around them... I has a happy today :)

• Advertisement

coco_lola wrote: »
    Just went back horse riding for the first time in about 8 months. They were my life before I moved to Dublin, spent all my spare time around them... I has a happy today :)

Aw that's amazing! I'd love to go horse riding again, did it up til I was 16 :)

Aw that's amazing! I'd love to go horse riding again, did it up til I was 16 :)

I missed it so much! I love the smell of horses, is that weird? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

coco_lola wrote: »
    I missed it so much! I love the smell of horses, is that weird? :P

I do too, it's a childhood smell :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Sunny south east my arse! It's raining in Wexford :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

Kiera wrote: »

yeah its always raining when i go there too lol
    thought i was jinxed ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kiera wrote: »

pissing here in Limerick to, but I'm hungover so thats fine by me

ha!

tumblr_m4rz1h2lw21qdlh1io1_400.gif?w=308&h=240

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

krudler wrote: »
    ha!

tumblr_m4rz1h2lw21qdlh1io1_400.gif?w=308&h=240

Wish our cat would do that!

Our cats resting area is the trampoline. She was on the trampoline today as Dad started dismantling it to give to a friends children as we don't use it. The cat would not budge from it until it nearly fell in on top of her and she got the hint. Dad leaves for 5 minutes and comes back to to see that the cat had left a present of cat puke on the bouncy part of it! I suppose that's an effective way to get your displeasure across...

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Wish our cat would do that!

Our cats resting area is the trampoline. She was on the trampoline today as Dad started dismantling it to give to a friends children as we don't use it. The cat would not budge from it until it nearly fell in on top of her and she got the hint. Dad leaves for 5 minutes and comes back to to see that the cat had left a present of cat puke on the bouncy part of it! I suppose that's an effective way to get your displeasure across...

thats why I love cats, their aptitude for revenge :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Acoshla wrote: »
    To contact Social Welfare you can call their office in Dublin for whatever part of SW you're looking for, then tell them you can't contact the branch, they've often given me a different phone number to what's listed to get through to them.

Thanks. Have filled in an online comment form to complain and will send a fax over the weekend asking them to contact me. Beyond a joke. Have trawled through that welfare.ie site trying to find the 'main' office. Any idea where I can find it? So frustrated and pissed off I'm probably missing it. :)

Have first triathlon tomorrow but neck/shoulder injury playing up this week. Agony yesterday and today. Might have to drop out. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

A productive day of sorts ha. A fun experiment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I got my hair cut!!

She cut off too much! I feel bald :(

But i gets to drink tonight! :D

Thanks so much for all the Birthday wishes!! :D xxx

I got my hair cut!!

She cut off too much! I feel bald :(

But i gets to drink tonight! :D

Thanks so much for all the Birthday wishes!! :D xxx

Happy Birthday P-F, have a good party tonight! :D

mmmmm stir fry

i'll have to experiment with peanut butter stir fry

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Happy birthday Pixie!!

had a great night out last night, sad to say goodbye to everyone! Stuck alone at home until Monday - and now that its lashing rain, I can't even go to the shop :( So bored already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Need to pack for hols and probably should go for a run. Cleaned bike and kitchen instead. Weird procrastination is weird :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Sweet chilli Philadelphia on pitta bread with beans should not be underestimated!:eek:
    Nyom nyom nyom!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Panthro wrote: »
    Sweet chilli Philadelphia on pitta bread with beans should not be underestimated!:eek:
    Nyom nyom nyom!
    :D

That sounds beyond revolting >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

Got a text last week from a number I didn't know. I wrote back asking who it was and got no reply. Just checked my old phone there out of curiosity and it's a boy I dated months ago who ended things very suddenly and strangely, after he had acting like he was really into me up til then, and who I haven't seen or spoken to since... Hmmm.. why text me and then not tell me who you are? Probably drunken texting. Now I want to text him but my girl-power independent woman side is telling me not to, because he acted like a bit of an arse for the last few weeks we were seeing each other. But I'm awful curious to see what he wanted!

men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Pretty much all of my friends have gone on J1s or to Canada for the summer, it's going to be a long few months. So excited that my college bestie is coming home from her holiday next week, can't wait to be able to chat to her and see her again! She's dying to hear the X craic, I'm dying to hear about her holiday and other banter, so seeing her will be much fun :)

Dad has gone to get me a Chinese, nom! Legend.

Oh, and I was checking to see if my friend's flight landed yet and got very excited when on the airport website. Airports are such amazing places, aren't they!? I'd actually love to spend a day there, just watching the planes landing and taking off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mucky.Bucky

Last summer I met someone I liked and we jumped into bed. To say he was an arse afterwards would be an understatement. An empty promises (actually two) of sending me things, intiatied by him, not fulfilled, excuses when hauled upon it. A vague and insincere apology where the words 'i'm sorry' not even mentioned. And no rectification followed. Zada. Nothing. Zilch.

Fcuked with my head no end and I felt so, so crap. The past 9 to 10 months has been a rollercoaster, to say the least. I snapped back at him big time, unfortunately.

I improved bit by bit from the blackness during the past couple of months. Sometimes the situation resurfaced on my mind and played on it, dragging me down. Then I'd pick myself up. Then fall back down. Then up. Then down.

Finally, doing so much more better.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Karen McCluskey from Desperate Housewives died in real life. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thanks. Have filled in an online comment form to complain and will send a fax over the weekend asking them to contact me. Beyond a joke. Have trawled through that welfare.ie site trying to find the 'main' office. Any idea where I can find it? So frustrated and pissed off I'm probably missing it. :)

Have first triathlon tomorrow but neck/shoulder injury playing up this week. Agony yesterday and today. Might have to drop out. :(
    Is this of any use to you RQ?

http://www.welfare.ie/en/publications/sw4/pages/apps.aspx#app1

Hope you feeling better soon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Fed up of people telling me what I already know. I know what is bad for me. I know what I should be doing. But I am doing what I feel like I have to. And people are wondering why I have stopped telling them all the sh!t that is going on.

URGH

Rant over :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Ah, adorable!

tumblr_m1niel4tEL1r3e62yo1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

ihsb wrote: »
    Fed up of people telling me what I already know. I know what is bad for me. I know what I should be doing. But I am doing what I feel like I have to. And people are wondering why I have stopped telling them all the sh!t that is going on.

URGH

Rant over :D

I know exactly what you mean, I didn't follow the same path as many people and I got criticized for it but I know now I did the right thing :) I just go with it now and don't bother going out of my way to tell people my life plans, I have an idea of where I am going and what I want to accomplish and that suits me fine. I take what people say with a pinch of salt now and I am genuinely happy :D

Just looked at the Bucket List I made last year that was saved in my Google Docs, I've managed to cross off loads on it this year :)

bluewolf wrote: »
    mmmmm stir fry

i'll have to experiment with peanut butter stir fry

Peanut butter is the greatest creation ever, it just works with everything. Please report back with your findings :)
    Avox wrote: »
    Karen McCluskey from Desperate Housewives died in real life. :(

Aw, I didn't really watch desperate housewives but I loved her in the West Wing :(

House is painted. I feel like I'm living in a rainbow. Is okay :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Just went for a 40%walk/10%run/50%cardiacarrest but i feel kinda good. Just a short one but am gonna try build it up each day.

Dont wanna let this slide!
    Any wisdom you wanna share with me ladies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I know exactly what you mean, I didn't follow the same path as many people and I got criticized for it but I know now I did the right thing :) I just go with it now and don't bother going out of my way to tell people my life plans, I have an idea of where I am going and what I want to accomplish and that suits me fine. I take what people say with a pinch of salt now and I am genuinely happy :D

Just looked at the Bucket List I made last year that was saved in my Google Docs, I've managed to cross off loads on it this year :)

Good for you! Yeah... difference is, this isn't a wrong route to a good outcome. I know that it is going to end badly. But hey ho. I have to let it run its course and get heartbroken some more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Aw, I didn't really watch desperate housewives but I loved her in the West Wing :(

Me too. I've been a bit devastated since I heard :(

I think a re-watching of the West Wing is in order.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Is this of any use to you RQ?

http://www.welfare.ie/en/publications/sw4/pages/apps.aspx#app1

Hope you feeling better soon :(

Ah you legend. Thank you. :)

Triathlons are way too much effort to prepare for. Tempted to take tramadol and diazepam to relax me and ease my pain but they make me nauseous. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Happy Bday Pixie! Have a great night! x

Train reservation number didn't work so now I've to spend another night with the boy... darn :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Happy Birthday Pixie!

Just up from an epic nap. Went to the World Quizzing Championships this morning. I was the only girl to take part in Ireland, and even better I didn't come last!

Delighted at the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Happy birthday, Pixie :) Hope you have a great one x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Discovering a correlation between me feeling lonely, wanting cuddles and being sexually frustrated, with me loving baking.

Chocolate cake with vanilla butter icing anyone?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement