Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Down 1.5lbs this morning! I'm back in business.

Out this weekend so need to be careful. Would be happy to STS this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Joolsie

Well done Purple pawprints, I was down 2 pounds, getting there slowly. 42 lbs to go..... ahhhhhhhh. Just have to keep chipping away.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barneylou

Well done Purple Paws that's great.. I was down 1 ib on Wednesday so I have a 1ib left to get to goal... have meal out on Saturday night with the girls so need to be sensible as to what I eat that day so I can put my main at least down to dailies plus hubby bringing me to Dublin Saturday week as a reward and Christmas present where going shopping.. I Really need to noting in my wardrobe fits even my rings are to big so I guess ill be in and out of dress makers for a while getting stuff altered lovely feeling I have my first size 10 skirt coming today its the lightest I've been in 9 years and I'm so proud of myself.

Wishing you all well for the coming week onwards and downwards....

Awh well done ladies!!! :D x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Hey all, I haven't been able to make it to class lately, my head has been all over the place and not on the plan.
    So I went back yesterday and I was 4.5lb up. Anyway its my own fault so I will take this kick in the backside and make it work for me, so hopefully I will have a loss next week.

You are all doing really well and its so motivating to read this thread:)

Onwards and Downwards!

• Advertisement

Zanablue wrote: »
    Hey all, I haven't been able to make it to class lately, my head has been all over the place and not on the plan.
    So I went back yesterday and I was 4.5lb up. Anyway its my own fault so I will take this kick in the backside and make it work for me, so hopefully I will have a loss next week.

You are all doing really well and its so motivating to read this thread:)

Onwards and Downwards!

One day at a time Zanablue. I was in that same situation two weeks ago but cross fingers I'm back on track. Going to take a few days off tracking over Christmas, we deserve it :):)

How's everyone doing?? I've slipped again, up 4 lbs last night... it's never ending at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Joolsie wrote: »
    How's everyone doing?? I've slipped again, up 4 lbs last night... it's never ending at the moment.

I've been terrible really. Not following the plan at the minute, but the scales at home is telling me I'm staying in or around the same. Money is tight what with Christmas on the way so can't really afford to rejoin classes til the new year so going to exercise more. Hope everyone is doing better than me!

There must be something in the air cause I've been loosely following it too :P this week just gone I followed to plan but pretty much stayed the same (-1/2) after missing two weigh in's (I had prob gone up in those two weeks)
    Going to try use less weeklies this week and see how I go cause losing tiny amounts is kinda crushing but I suppose it's still something
    It's going to be harder coming up to Christmas too with all the temptations :P

Hope everyone is well, we can do this :D:)

Hi Everyone,

Hope your all doing well December is a hard month there just always seems to be something on every week right up to New Years....

Well I'm delighted today to say I have reached my goal last night. I wasn't expecting it as I was out for a meal Saturday night with my cousins and there was plenty of food and wine but I had one pound left and thank god it fecked off..

I would like to get a few more pounds off just as a safety net for Christmas. This time last year I didn't want to go out I avoided meeting people who where home for Christmas Weight Watchers has changed that. I'm of to Dublin on Saturday to buy new clothes as none of my stuff fits and its a great feeling.. stay positive people if I can do it anyone can.. my only tip is exercise is vital the more you eat the more you need to exercise and I don't mean 10k walks I do a 3k walk 5 times a week well 6 twice on Sunday its not much but still amounts to 18km in a week there are times I should have had so much on but I think the walking saved me.. I never make up my exercise points I only work from my dailies and weeklies I use my exercise to make up the difference if I thought about them then id have that extra food and think to myself ah sure my exercise points will cover that. Its only my opinion but its worked for me..

Good luck everyone :)

• Advertisement

granniecaz wrote: »
    I've been terrible really. Not following the plan at the minute, but the scales at home is telling me I'm staying in or around the same. Money is tight what with Christmas on the way so can't really afford to rejoin classes til the new year so going to exercise more. Hope everyone is doing better than me!

We'll get through this awful month, it was never my favourite and since I've changed my eating habits, December is now officially my least favourite month ha ha

barneylou wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Hope your all doing well December is a hard month there just always seems to be something on every week right up to New Years....

Well I'm delighted today to say I have reached my goal last night. I wasn't expecting it as I was out for a meal Saturday night with my cousins and there was plenty of food and wine but I had one pound left and thank god it fecked off..

I would like to get a few more pounds off just as a safety net for Christmas. This time last year I didn't want to go out I avoided meeting people who where home for Christmas Weight Watchers has changed that. I'm of to Dublin on Saturday to buy new clothes as none of my stuff fits and its a great feeling.. stay positive people if I can do it anyone can.. my only tip is exercise is vital the more you eat the more you need to exercise and I don't mean 10k walks I do a 3k walk 5 times a week well 6 twice on Sunday its not much but still amounts to 18km in a week there are times I should have had so much on but I think the walking saved me.. I never make up my exercise points I only work from my dailies and weeklies I use my exercise to make up the difference if I thought about them then id have that extra food and think to myself ah sure my exercise points will cover that. Its only my opinion but its worked for me..

Good luck everyone :)

I might try this, I always calculate my activity points and always use them too :(:( This week now I'm not going to and please God it'll show on the scales on Tuesday. I'm in a good frame of mind at the moment and that's key really, having your head in a good place. I'm even going to resist the temptation of freshly home made queen cakes that my work colleague brought to work.

Give it a go Joolsie, its def worked for me and I've done weight watchers before and always calculated my activity points and this is the first time that I've stuck to it... your right if your heads not in a good place then how can you do anything, positive thinking there is a lot to be said for it. while I'm out walking and its dark, raining and miserable I have a talk to myself like " what will I wear at Christmas" then I think of something I have in my wardrobe that I haven't gotten into for ages and it keeps me going or knowing some family member is coming home for Christmas and how I want them to see the new me.. I know it sounds stupid but it works and before you know it your home the walk is done and you feel good..

barneylou wrote:

Congratulations!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Hi all, I went to my weigh in yesterday and was down a pound, I still have a bit to go but Ill take it in baby steps.

Joolsie, you gave me words of encouragement last week so all I can say is just keep trying, its a really hard month to be watching your weight. I think my new goal for Christmas is to either stay the same or go back in January with a small loss. I'm finding it very hard anyway.

Barneylou, congrats on getting to goal:)

Good luck everyone for the week ahead!

Onwards and Downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭galwayhooker

Feeling so lethargic and so fat!!! None of my dresses are fitting me but def want to get back on track - weighing myself on my scales in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Has anyone heard anything about the new plan? I'm in a UK ww group on Facebook and it seems to be causing a lot of confusion

Feeling so lethargic and so fat!!! None of my dresses are fitting me but def want to get back on track - weighing myself on my scales in the morning

Just take one day at a time, don't be putting too much pressure on yourself. Drink water and listen to your body. Go out for a walk, it's all about keeping the mind occupied.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about the new plan? I'm in a UK ww group on Facebook and it seems to be causing a lot of confusion

I've been seeing posts alright but I'm choosing to ignore them, I'm sticking to what I'm doing for now anyway. My understanding is that fruit/veg and healthy foods will be less points with all the naughty stuff amounting to more points. Seemingly there'll be more focus on changing people attitude's about eating; not calling it a diet but a healthy lifestyle change and encouraging more exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Has anyone found a sugar substitute that actually tastes like sugar for my tea/coffee ? Thanks

• Advertisement

ja1986 wrote: »
    Has anyone found a sugar substitute that actually tastes like sugar for my tea/coffee ? Thanks

I'm lucky in that I don't use sugar in cereal or tea. I'm presuming you have tried all the low calorie sugar substitutes.

There is one that has larger granules Canderel and all those. I can't remember what it's called or if it tastes better though

4lbs from reaching the 4 stone loss mark and sure it's backwards I'm going. Will be up tomorrow night, probably 3lbs. Not giving in though even it takes me the rest of the year, (all 2 weeks :):) ), to get to the 4 stone mark. Best of luck with weigh-ins this week everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Feeling a bit bigger the last few days and I've not been following the plan for months but I've stayed mostly around 3/4lbs above goal. Just weighed myself and I was 8 pounds above! Had a bloody heart attack. Beating myself up. Trying to work out what I could lose in the week before xmas. I could have cried.

... I only just realised this happens every month around the same time, if you get my drift, and then all of a sudden I drop 3 pounds. Bloody period gains...

Hope everyone is doing okay. I'm slippin a little since the weekend but going to behave until Christmas Day now and get a few walks in too over the holidays.

I'd like to wish you all a safe and Happy Christmas and thanks for the support throughout the year. Here's to being smaller and more importantly healthier in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

OK just out of WI and I'm 9lb above goal already! I need help... How are ye planning on managing Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Hope everyone had a good Christmas, and that 2016 is onward and downward for all of us here :).

Happy New Year!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

Back on the wagon ladies 😰
    Anyone know where the discovery wraps disappeared to? Used to be 4pp for a fine sized wrap but I can't find them anywhere anymore!
    Failing that, can anyone recommend an alternative?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Thinking of rejoining is there a new plan out? If so any details on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

pinkstars wrote: »
    Thinking of rejoining is there a new plan out? If so any details on it?

Saw it today in paper 'smartpoints' Was very confusing but I'm sure if you're re-joining your leader will be well able to explain to you. I'll be sticking with my propoints and what I know. I'm not a fan of change, haha!

Advertisement