Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Enduro

Ha... That's a mate's video. I was about 30 seconds behind but missed all the excitement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I know it's probably the least favorite sport of irish people.. but is anyone watching Eurobasket?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    OK - I'm on my way round ....

Here's a pic of Beasty on his way...

B1H0j23IQAAbkGu.png

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,534 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Can you leave my chopper out of this ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Zyzz wrote: »
    Woah woah woah..I was under the impression that gadetra was leading the sale, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out.

No backsies!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I see after rumours of odd test results and injunctions blocking reporting of same, Paula Radcliffe has put out statements about her blood results and profile.

https://twitter.com/mattslaterbbc/status/641252552353443840

https://twitter.com/seaningle/status/641255276763553793

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,804 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Beasty wrote: »
    Can you leave my chopper out of this ....

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-bouvier-des-flandres-puppies-for-sale-uk.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Hang on who's doing the groping now? Do I have to go into hiding or not?!

The super injunction and waiting so long to out/explain herself whilst everyone knew it was her that was being talked about does not cover Radcliffe in glory. If she had been open and clear from the start there mightn't have been so much suspicion and speculation IMO, although it is shít if she is clean and has to defend herself.

gadetra wrote: »
    Hang on who's doing the groping now? Do I have to go into hiding or not?!

The super injunction and waiting so long to out/explain herself whilst everyone knew it was her that was being talked about does not cover Radcliffe in glory. If she had been open and clear from the start there mightn't have been so much suspicion and speculation IMO, although it is shít if she is clean and has to defend herself.

Claiming her name has been blackened as she has been accused without the tests being scrutinised properly in secret would be laudable if she hadn't accused Olga Yegorova back in 2001 for being a cheat despite the test she's "failed" not being considered 100% proven...
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2001/aug/10/athletics1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Yummy then, yummy now!

361557.png

What is your purpose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

What's objectionable about suggesting that fruity porridge is a good breakfast? Preparing my outrage pack now, but not sure where to deploy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,228 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    What is your purpose?
    Whoa, deep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,140 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

What's objectionable about suggesting that fruity porridge is a good breakfast? Preparing my outrage pack now, but not sure where to deploy it.
    What's objectionable is that the breakfast is vomited back up and presented as fresh.

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    What is your purpose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Yummy then, yummy now!

361557.png

You do realise that the issue now is how often you repeat yourself, not Sticky Bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

You do realise that the issue now is how often you repeat yourself, not Sticky Bottle.

Unless he works for stickybottle or one of the ad sponsors and is using reverse psychology to get us to click!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,511 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Received my Krytonite lock. Fair weight in those yolks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

"The revolutions start here..."

The new thread title isn't doing it for me either.

Apparantly we had our chance and this is what the overwhelming majority wanted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

As an experienced revolutionary leader I volunteer my services to the resistance.

Viva la revolucion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,228 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

What would happen if the dissident posters started their own off topic thread, with blackjack and hookers? It'd have to be compelling to compete with the official sticky.

What would happen if the dissident posters started their own off topic thread, with blackjack and hookers? It'd have to be compelling to compete with the official sticky.

The I can't believe it's not off topic thread?

RobFowl wrote: »
    The I can't believe it's not off topic thread?

Or
    Coke, hookers and handlebar tape??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus was the rival thread to the the Road Tax one in the last OT naming. It's really a victory for dissent! It's also only the name of a thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

"The Sticky Bottle Repost Thread"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

I keep thinking its that other thread when I hit 'my forums' and don't read this one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

To be honest, with the amount of complaining we'll hit the maximum posts by the end of the week and have to make a new thread..

Zyzz wrote: »
    To be honest, with the amount of complaining we'll hit the maximum posts by the end of the week and have to make a new thread..

A cunning plan innit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Glad it wasn't me on the bike or in the car - that's some dent he left.......

Video: Flying Dublin commuting cyclist rides straight into back of car in traffic

Commuter2-e1441670690649-600x367.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Jawgap wrote: »
    Glad it wasn't me on the bike or in the car - that's some dent he left.......
    In fairness though, modern cars dent fairly easily - presumably to help dissipate energy. Now if it was 1975 and he was following a Hillman Hunter, it would be a different story!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Late suggestion - and to quote the Movistar DS "Quick, hide the bike"

In fairness though, modern cars dent fairly easily - presumably to help dissipate energy. Now if it was 1975 and he was following a Hillman Hunter, it would be a different story!

they do, but I can't imagine getting that dent sorted was cheap :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Yeah they dent fairly easy...and to get it fixed, they empty your wallet fairly quickly too!... that's an expensive repair.

361680.jpg

Quite a striking sight.

• Advertisement

I've seen that RAF thing before, but I think it's never been in the Hi-viz megathread, so you might like to post it there?

grooooooovay!

resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FCDtEe0QWIAA9raF.jpg

Mock away. I have been known to cycle in a light-up hi-viz with 'SLOW' on it, despite drivers hanging out of their windows pointing and laughing and shouting "Slowww!" As long as they see me, I don't mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

must. stop. looking. into. cycling. adverts.

f. f. s. !

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Mock away. I have been known to cycle in a light-up hi-viz with 'SLOW' on it, despite drivers hanging out of their windows pointing and laughing and shouting "Slowww!" As long as they see me, I don't mind.

Any chance you cycle through Phibsborugh, saw someone wearing one of them the other day.

Kind of reminds me of the La Vie Clair jerseys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Woot!!!!! My CX bike just arrived. Cannonade CaadX. Few years old but in spotless condition. Now I just need to figure out where to hide it :rolleyes:

daragh_ wrote: »
    Woot!!!!! My CX bike just arrived. Cannonade CaadX. Few years old but in spotless condition. Now I just need to figure out where to hide it :rolleyes:

Attic has worked for me in the past, also shed just make sure there are lots of spiders around doorway ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Don't hide it, ride it!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Hide it like you stole it. :pac:

Weepsie wrote: »
    Any chance you cycle through Phibsborugh, saw someone wearing one of them the other day.

Kind of reminds me of the La Vie Clair jerseys

No, just got it. I've seen the odd one around town and it always made my head whip round - "whaaa?" - so I thought it was a good one for driver attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

daragh_ wrote: »

im hoping mine turns up this week.

planning some cx type intervals on the way home. 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off, by 8 minutes by 3. That should be enough to induce vomiting.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

lennymc wrote: »

planning some cx type intervals on the way home. 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off, by 8 minutes by 3. That should be enough to induce vomiting.....

I've a similar plan.

20 seconds on. 2 days off.

Success will undoubtedly follow.

lennymc wrote: »

What is the current thinking on the off bit?

Stop doing anything during that time or "active recovery" ie gentle spinning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i'm planning active recovery.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement