Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Prefer the Mulan/Aurora pairing personally. :pac:

Maybe I didn't notice before but has Regina always had that scar on her lip?

Yep, and the mole too. Make-up department throw more attention on each one depending which persona Regina is inhabiting in any given ep. You'll notice the mole is more prominent when she's EQ, but practically invisible when she's Mayor Mills.
    It was a badly written scene in general- i to doubt she would tell Aurora she was in love with her husband with a smile on her face but likewise it was not clear what mulan was going to say to Aurora. It's all just speculation, which leaves the whole thing family friendly. What a cop-out.

I'm looking forward to the official podcast. I really want to know what Adam and Eddy thoughts on it are. It's funny because Jamie Chung has pretty much confirmed the bi thing, even as far back as last year on her twitter account.

I want to believe that "Sleeping Warrior" was always the plan and not just something to appease "Swan Queen" shippers. I myself ship Swan Queen, but it has nothing to do with them both being women or gay representation. Saying that it's completely fanon, and I can never see the show going there with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

DeWitt wrote: »
    Yep, and the mole too. Make-up department throw more attention on each one depending which persona Regina is inhabiting in any given ep. You'll notice the mole is more prominent when she's EQ, but practically invisible when she's Mayor Mills.

I just noticed the scar when she was talking to Rumple at the dinner table.

As for the Mulan/Aurora thing, I thought it was pretty obvious since she was clearly going back to confess her love to someone and when Aurora said Philip wasn't there Mulan said it was Aurora she wanted to talk to. She didn't say she wanted to talk to her first or as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I stoped watching season 2 around 18 I think it took a hiatus or something and I didnt have the interest to jump back on.

Sort of regretted it cause just catching up now and I found all the neverland stuff to be the most interesting things the show has done in a long time (yet to look at wonderland)

Though I am bias with the whole neverland story and peter pan as a villain because I'm a fan of the Fables comics which have an obvious parallel to Once Upon A Time.

This isnt spoilers for Fables because they didnt do this in the end due to copyright issues but originally the main villain of that series was going to be peter pan.

So having Once doing what Fables wanted to do is sort of a treat for me.

Though I'm curious how much extra disney is paying using the peter pan characters since when it screens in the UK they'll have to pay extra for the rights.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I saw a QI fact the other day that in the original version of Peter Pan he would kill the lost boys when they got too old. I guess at some point that got changed to nobody growing old in Neverland.

I find it funny sometimes that people seem to think Once is changing the characters massively from what they were originally but they're only familiar with the Disney versions which themselves were often very different from their original source material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Zombee

I haven't watched the latest episode yet but I'm dying to know how will Regina and Robin get to meet?! Also, I want Hook and Emma to get together, might liven her up a bit! :p

Zombee wrote: »
    I haven't watched the latest episode yet but I'm dying to know how will Regina and Robin get to meet?! Also, I want Hook and Emma to get together, might liven her up a bit! :p

I'm so confused about where everyone is though. Is Neverland in Fairy Tale Land but just off on an island? Or is it in a completely separate universe? Where is Robin Hood? Where were they when Neal used Robin Hood's kid to lure the most evil thing ever to come and get him?

I bet Hook and Emma will be just about to get together when they discover that BoreFire is still alive and on the island. BOOOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭D3sperado

I'm so confused about where everyone is though. Is Neverland in Fairy Tale Land but just off on an island? Or is it in a completely separate universe? Where is Robin Hood? Where were they when Neal used Robin Hood's kid to lure the most evil thing ever to come and get him?

Neverland is a separate universe to Fairy Tale land and the "real world" (i.e. Storybrooke). Neal was in Storybrooke and was sucked through a portal back to Fairy tale Land at the end of last season. That's where Robin Hood, Mulan and Aurora are at the moment, from there he had to hitch a ride with the shadow thing to get to Neverland and the others.

Neverland is a separate universe to Fairy Tale land and the "real world" (i.e. Storybrooke). Neal was in Storybrooke and was sucked through a portal back to Fairy tale Land at the end of last season. That's where Robin Hood, Mulan and Aurora are at the moment, from there he had to hitch a ride with the shadow thing to get to Neverland and the others.

Okay. But when Baelfire fell through the portal back when he was a child and ended up with the Darling's..... that was the real world.... right? And then he got taken to Neverland.... then escaped somehow back to the real world..... then back to FTL.... and now Neverland again.

And why is Neverland separate from FTL? If Robin Hood can exist in FTL why can't Peter Pan? Shouldn't Robin Hood exist in Sherwood Forrest Land... or possibly even the real world as I'm not sure if he was completely fictional....

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

Click here to spoiler a bit of what I think is next Sunday's episode.

I am really curious where the Regina/Robin thing is going. I love that guy who plays him (Sean Maguire, I think) and have a bit of a weird soft spot for Regina too, I can relate to mummy issues :o. And this may have been mentioned earlier in this thread, I didn't read it all but I also think the way Emma pretty much took Henry from her was well out of line, but it seems an adoptive parents' rights are not quite the same in Storybrooke.

Mulan having a thing for Aurora was confirmed by ABC I think. It makes no difference to me. I have read some awful remarks about it how LGBT is now being shoved down our throats, which is of course insane because how accurately are LGBT people's numbers being represented on TV really?:rolleyes:

Some other beef people had with it included:
    - Why is it always the warrior, the least feminine one who has to be gay/bi? Sort of agree that it's slightly stereotypical. But at least someone is.
    -It came out of the blue: Agree. I did not pick up on any lovey vibes from Mulan towards Aurora. Didn't see have a thing for Philip? It seemed a bit spur of the moment.

Looking forward to Monday, day off too so won't have to wait until the evening to watch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭bren2001

Okay. But when Baelfire fell through the portal back when he was a child and ended up with the Darling's..... that was the real world.... right? And then he got taken to Neverland.... then escaped somehow back to the real world..... then back to FTL.... and now Neverland again.

And why is Neverland separate from FTL? If Robin Hood can exist in FTL why can't Peter Pan? Shouldn't Robin Hood exist in Sherwood Forrest Land... or possibly even the real world as I'm not sure if he was completely fictional....

My understanding of Baelfire is:
    Son to Rumple in FTL.
    Went through the portal to the Darlings. Real World.
    Went with the Shadow but escapes by lighting a match. Ends up on Hooks ship. Neverland.
    Fights with Hook and leaves the ship. Peter Pan thinks he is the "truest believer". He isn't so is cast aside.

No more explanation.

Escaps Neverland back to the Real World (at some point which is not explained YET).

Robin Hood's story starts in Nottingham where he steals Rumples wand to cure his wife. Rumple is going to kill him but sees his wife is pregnant and why he took the wand so lets him go (by purposely missing with the arrow). The real world.

Robin then magically ends up in FTL with no explanation (that I am aware of). He helps Neal because Rumple was kind to him.

That is my understanding of both stories. I could be wrong tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I think Robin hood originates in FTL. Rumpel after all meets him and the sheriff of Nottingham without travelling by magic anywhere. I do wonder if we'll see more of Mulan because she is now is in Robin Hood's gang. Either way I think that is the conclusion of the Mulan-aurora-Philip storyline.

^ Robin was also in FTL whenever Tinkerbell tried to get Regina to go meet the love of her life.... right?

I know it's not important in the grand scheme of things and there's a lot of stuff on this show that makes no sense but I don't get why Neverland and Wonderland are separate universes but all the other stories live in the one place? It's madness!!

But then there was the universe that Doctor Frankenstein (That's Franken-STEEN) came from.

I thought Baelfire came back to the Darlings? Or was it that he took the place of them when shadow came back and they never saw him again after that?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But then there was the universe that Doctor Frankenstein (That's Franken-STEEN) came from.

I thought Baelfire came back to the Darlings? Or was it that he took the place of them when shadow came back and they never saw him again after that?

There are loads of different worlds. Lots we have not seen yet.

Baelfire went through the portal and wandered the streets for a few months. Got adopted by the Darlings and went in place of one of them with the shadow (I think).
    I think Robin hood originates in FTL. Rumpel after all meets him and the sheriff of Nottingham without travelling by magic anywhere. I do wonder if we'll see more of Mulan because she is now is in Robin Hood's gang. Either way I think that is the conclusion of the Mulan-aurora-Philip storyline.

You are right. I somehow completely forgot about last weeks episode. Where Robin would of made Regina happy. That was clearly in FTL. Robin starts in FTL.

I would assume tho that the Robin Rumple meets is in the real world. I would find it odd if he was in FTL for his story as it is set in England. How Rumple got to him isn't really important. The bean shortage wasn't an issue back then (presumably)

bren2001 wrote: »
    I would assume tho that the Robin Rumple meets is in the real world. I would find it odd if he was in FTL for his story as it is set in England. How Rumple got to him isn't really important. The bean shortage wasn't an issue back then (presumably)

This is exactly my point. If Robin has always been in FTL.... then why do any of the other world's exist? Whether the character was based on fact or purely a work of fiction... he's not a fairytale, and if he is then why isn't Peter Pan?

Why am i trying to apply logic to any of this? :o

This is exactly my point. If Robin has always been in FTL.... then why do any of the other world's exist? Whether the character was based on fact or purely a work of fiction... he's not a fairytale, and if he is then why isn't Peter Pan?

Why am i trying to apply logic to any of this? :o

Sure if going to think that much about any of this, why did they even bother making this show when Disney already made Enchanted? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭D3sperado

Yep, he went through the portal and into Victorian London in the "real world" and ended up with the Darlings. From there he went to Neverland and stayed there for an unspecified period of time. He escaped somehow and came back to the "real world" where he met Emma.

If you start thinking about his age and how time works in each world relative to the other worlds though, logic will unravel pretty quickly. If time lasts the same in each of the worlds then that means he would have either spent decades in Neverland, or else he went to some other world where he didn't age between his time in Neverland and the real world. If time moves slower in Neverland than it does in the real world (a la Narnia) then there will be some serious issues when the gang eventually get Henry and head back to Storybrooke as everyone will have aged dramatically. Probably best not to dwell on it!

Fair point, no real logic behind why the showrunners would have Sherwood Forest as part of Fairy Tale land but not Neverland. The same is true for Wonderland, Oz, etc. I suppose. We know from the mad hatter's trip with Regina to Wonderland in the first season that there was a room of doors that led to different worlds and we've seen some of these so far (Wonderland, Fairy Tale Land, Neverland, Frankensteins B&W world) so i suppose they will just make up new worlds as and when the story needs it.

Why is everyone always so mean to Hook? What has he actually done to them? If they're just judging him off the story version of Hook surely they should know better than that. Okay, he stole the bean for about 5 minutes, and he turned on Emma and co. in FTL after Emma turned on him and left him on top of the bean stalk, but in the grand scheme of things, what has he ever done to make them think he's so bad?

Also, extremely hypocritical of them to allow Regina to be super evil when it's of benefit to their own cause.

Anyway... good episode, I thought. Nice little insight into why Hook became a pirate and hopefully David does have to stay on the island forever, he can stay there to raise Henry, and we'll never visit.

Oh, and was that Hugo from Home and Away playing Hook's brother? Are there any Australian's left in Australia these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wonder who is in the other cage, Wendy Darling or one of her brothers, Rufio, Smee. Hope it's someone interesting.

• Advertisement

Wonder who is in the other cage, Wendy Darling or one of her brothers, Rufio, Smee. Hope it's someone interesting.

Hook implied he killed Rufio, didn't he? Or at least did something nasty to him. I thought Smee was in Storybrook?

Given next week's episode is about Ariel I'm going to assume it's her.

Anyway... good episode, I thought. Nice little insight into why Hook became a pirate and hopefully David does have to stay on the island forever, he can stay there to raise Henry, and we'll never visit.

Haha, yes! Prayer circle, people.

Agreed. I really enjoyed this episode too. Loved all the little moments: Daddy Charming, Emma & Snow's Mommy & Me time, Lesbimommies co-operating, Charming/Hook bromancing, and Pan being the lil shiiit that he is.
    Didn't miss Neal or Rumple at all, but I do find myself longing for the old Storybrooke days.

Did you guys catch the promo for next week? Now I think it's pretty evident I love Lana but I'm not sure I'm prepared for the cringefest 3x06 will bring.

Hook implied he killed Rufio, didn't he? Or at least did something nasty to him. I thought Smee was in Storybrook?

Given next week's episode is about Ariel I'm going to assume it's her.
    Oh, good call. I was thinking maybe Rumple's dad.

Agreed. I really enjoyed this episode too. Loved all the little moments: Daddy Charming, Emma & Snow's Mommy & Me time, Lesbimommies co-operating, Charming/Hook bromancing, and Pan being the lil shiiit that he is.
    Didn't miss Neal or Rumple at all, but I do find myself longing for the old Storybrooke days.

I'm not sure I miss Storybrooke itself, but I do miss daylight. Man, do I miss daylight. In the Hook flashbacks it was lovely and sunny on the island, why is it so dark now? Is this all supposed to be the same night since they landed? What is going on?

I agree that its probably Ariel in the cage and presumed that. It will be interesting to see why Pan cares about her tbh.

I have also assumed that Hooks brother is Davy Jones, hence the slow shot of hook throwing his jacket into the sea. I'm guessing it is part of Davy Jones Locker (although I thought I heard Hook call him Cillian)

I have also assumed that Hooks brother is Davy Jones, hence the slow shot of hook throwing his jacket into the sea. I'm guessing it is part of Davy Jones Locker (although I thought I heard Hook call him Cillian)

Hook is Killian (I know it should be with a C but that's how they're spelling it on the show, grrr!) His brother's name was Liam, Hook called him it when he was dying.

• Advertisement

I agree that its probably Ariel in the cage and presumed that. It will be interesting to see why Pan cares about her tbh.

Hook's name is Killian.

Hook is Killian (I know it should be with a C but that's how they're spelling it on the show, grrr!) His brother's name was Liam, Hook called him it when he was dying.
    Hook's name is Killian.

I should have known that.... My guess is they change his name later. The price he has to pay is not death but every lasting life (because it was Neverland) at sea or something. Could be an interesting side story.

If it is Ariel in the cage I imagine that she is the key to leaving the Island.

Why did the magic water wear off when they left Neverland but not the magic poison?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Why did the magic water wear off when they left Neverland but not the magic poison?
    The poison isn't pure magic, it is also a very powerful poison in its own right. The water needed the magic of Neverland to work, once it left it just became normal water. When the poison just became normal poison, it was still deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

Why is everyone always so mean to Hook? What has he actually done to them? If they're just judging him off the story version of Hook surely they should know better than that. Okay, he stole the bean for about 5 minutes, and he turned on Emma and co. in FTL after Emma turned on him and left him on top of the bean stalk, but in the grand scheme of things, what has he ever done to make them think he's so bad?

Also, extremely hypocritical of them to allow Regina to be super evil when it's of benefit to their own cause.

Of course he did shoot Belle...

They probably just don't trust him. They're not entirely sure of his motives to help them and think he can turn on them when it suits him. IMHO that's a good reason to be a bit nicer but hey, who am I?:p

And in this case they can trust Regina's motivation to be in line with theirs. And Regina seems to think that staying together is the quickest way of retrieving Henry. Although I think that Regina could probably get more done without camp Good holding her back. But then there's getting off the island as well of course...

Hook's most powerful motivator was also revenge and this show does seem to want to push the messages of "revenge is badbadbad" onto its viewers.

• Advertisement

Dutchess wrote: »
    Of course he did shoot Belle...

They probably just don't trust him. They're not entirely sure of his motives to help them and think he can turn on them when it suits him. IMHO that's a good reason to be a bit nicer but hey, who am I?:p

Probably trying to do her a favour, better off dead than in that abusive relationship she has with Rumple. :D

I have to say I am enjoying these more character driven episodes but it can be quite jarring when they jump from all this emotional drama back to Peter Pan running around an island of kids and what have you. I was hoping someone's secret in the cave would be "I don't really know why we're trying to save Henry, shall we just go home?"

Poor Hook confessing his secret first to see if it would work and then getting it thrown right back in his face! Boo, Neal, boo! Funny too that Hook's "darkest" secret was actually quite sweet whereas everyone else actually had "dark" secrets to confess.

Snow is a pain in the bum! Why is she so intent on pushing Emme towards Neal when he abandoned her for 10 years and let her go to jail for his crime and all that jazz. You're a terrible mother, Snow, it's just as well David can't get off the island because you shouldn't be allowed have another baby, you're that awful!

Friendly reminder Emma Swan chose going after Neal over Henry :/

Issue #1 with "Ariel". I'm sorry, but no mother would ever do that. Charming, Snow and Hook could have gone after Neal. Emma could have gone with Rumple and Regina to save her son, but nooooooooo. They're actively ruining Emma Swan's character.

Issue #2 And it's another mommy issue. Why is Snow White so team Neal? She knows he knocked up her teenage daughter, left her behind, and heartbroken, but don't worry Emma, Neal will understand you kissing Hook. Reaaaaally?
    Same goes for Charming after Hook confessed to kissing Emma. Dude, what did you think was going to happen? He told you in no exact words last week that he was basically along for the ride just to bang your daughter.

Issue #3 we got no reaction from Emma when Snow confessed she wanted another child. The camera panned to her when Snow was describing her, but not after the confession.

Issue #4 I love Regina, but I'm so sick of these flashbacks where she tries to kill Snow. They're absolutely pointless at this stage. We get it!

Issue #5 Ariel and Prince Eric. Please. What was that? Perfect casting in Garcia, but Eric was horrible. Zero chemistry and no onscreen presence. I just can't buy into this love at first site bs they're selling.

Issue #6 Where is Tinkerbell?

Beyond disappointed with this episode. At least we have Bobby & Lana together again.

Isn't Snow the absolute worst though!

Charming has his moments too but Snow is just unbearable. Hook was right to tell Charming about Neal first and they were both right to think that maybe they should find out if Pan was telling the truth before derailing their entire quest to save him. Then Snow just blurts it out first chance she gets! And why does she keep pushing and pushing and pushing Emma towards Neal, even if he hadn't left her and all of that, Emma is a grown woman! She can make her own choices! Plus, you keep making terrible choices where your actual daughter is concerned, who would let you have another baby?! Imagine how terrible it'd turn out to be if you got to make terrible choices for it it's whole life!

Also annoying me... Neal! Emma basically told him that what she really wants is to be able to move on from him. It would have been easier if he was dead, sure, but it still seemed like that's what she was saying, she wants to move on. His response? I'm going to keep fighting for you!?! I'm not going to listen to a single word you said and I'm going to get all up in your business about us even though you pretty much wish I would do the exact opposite.

This pretty much sums up my Neal feelings....

a84eed8336844a70ca462e4fc9d2d3d5.jpg
    21ed22c0f0674608c64ee58434ee336e.jpg
    d986d7de18854453c477d8feb641cd15.jpg

As for Ariel herself, I suppose they had to do her eventually but I was just applauding them for trimming the fat with the huge cast this season but seems like they just can't help adding more. And they could really stop with the flashbacks involving Snow/Charming/Regina/Rumple now. Every week is just a retread of what we already know. Snow and Charming are true love personified, Regina hates Snow and screws everyone over, Rumple was a coward and then he was really evil. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Oh, and yeah! Back to The Charming's again! Hook didn't actually have to go into the cave. He told them how it worked, he led them to it. He could have just said there you go and waited outside. He went in, knowing he'd have to tell his secret, he even went first to prove to them it worked and then Charming's all ready to punch him for having kissed Emma! Why are you even bothering, Hook?

Haha, I love Lily Spark's recaps. She's great.
    The funny thing is I found myself liking Snow and Charming last week, but it's like one step forward and two steps back with this show.
    Snow is a goner for me after her actions last night. Can't stand her and there has been some fabulous fandom reaction.
    I find it amusing in a character-note kind of way that Regina was the one who stood on her own doorstep and said that she never did learn from her mistakes. I’d posit that she actually does, but god, Snow DOESN’T. And probably never will because she’s surrounded by people who keep telling her how special she is, how good she is, how much she’s loved. I mean, Snow is the perfect embodiment of the spoiled child who grows up thinking she’s perfectly within her rights to deserve the entire world and more simply by virtue of her existence.
    You know what? Watching Emma get rejected by Snow and seeing it couched in language that spoke of pride and love disgusted me in tonight’s ep. And honestly, aside from anything else, Snow’s selfishness jumped out at me more tonight than it has in a long, long while. I’m really starting to dislike her, actively so, you know?

Ugh. I had so many feeling for and about Emma when Snow was blabbing on about wanting what essentially amounts to a do-over. Nobody gets those, dimwit! THAT’S LIFE. Not to mention the fact that your daughter whom you love SO much was raised in a system specifically designed to REJECT her. You know, like sending her back into the foster system when her foster family had their own baby. And that’s just an example we KNOW about.

Way to go, Snow, in being Emma’s mother and understanding a single bloody thing about her.
    via Heartsways on tumblr.

Nail freaking head.

Haha, I love Lily Spark's recaps. She's great.
    The funny thing is I found myself liking Snow and Charming last week, but it's like one step forward and two steps back with this show.

Charming I don't really mind. He makes some weird decisions but there always seems to be some sort of logic there, even if it's bizarre Disney logic. Snow on the other hand just comes across as a bit mental at times? Like she's not in the "real world" with the rest of them. Like was Emma even thinking about Neal when she was telling her about kissing Hook? And Snow's all, hey, it's not cheating if you think someone's dead and you'll still live happily ever after, because Pixie Dust and unicorns!

What an excellent point about Snow and her do over. Like 5 minutes ago Emma had to tell her that she's always felt like an orphan and still does and then Snow's all I want another go! Of course... it was supposed to be a dark secret, and it kind of was. Everyone else's were just secrets. Snow should feel bad about this one... and maybe they'll bring it up again at some point, I hope Emma does.

I kind of feel like Emma's not really dealing with anything that's happening around her at the moment. She's there to get Henry back (got sidetracked by getting Neal back) and maybe once it's all over she'll have a minute to react to all this stuff that's been thrown at her. Which reminds me... how about Snow telling Emma she owed it to Henry to get his dad back!! What are you smoking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I am really enjoying the latest series but for the love of god can Snow and Charming just be killed off already. They have to be the most annoying and blandest couple ever to appear on tv.

I am conflicted...

On the one hand I'm sick of looking at the same rock and 5 trees on Neverland. On the other hand.... all the time they were in Storybrook this episode I was bored and wishing they'd go back to Neverland.

I guess I want the people on Neverland to go back to Storybrook.

In the promo for next week it says something about if they don't win Pan will be immortal and Henry will be dead..... I won't get my hopes up.. but fingers crossed they lose.

On a positive note I liked how Hook seemed to have complete confidence in Emma when she was saying the only decision she had to make was how to save Henry. And the fact that his belief was backed up with logic and not unicorns and rainbows like Snow White's always going on about was great too.

I'll be honest. I fast-forwarded through the entire thing. It's funny because I really was missing Storybrooke, but it's like you said, I need the core group back in Maine.

At least on the island it's slightly less CGI heavy but I still feel like screaming "YOU PASSED THAT TREE 57 TIMES ALREADY!!!"

I need them to be back in real life places.

• Advertisement

So I was right about the cage, weird to see them mixing real life mythology with fairy tale too. This show still seems so fresh I hope they get a few more years out of it.

Wonder why she's the same age but her brothers are older

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Well isnt the thing about neverland that you don't grow up? The two brothers are out in the real world so it would make sense that they've aged while the sister who's never left has stayed the same.

I think that Pan must have had them all on the island for a while, then he sent the boys off to the real world so they've been aging while they've been there. If they hadn't been on the island at all they'd be dead now.

EDIT:

You know the funny thing about the whole not aging side of Neverland is the fact that Henry has grown about a foot since he got there. Terrible idea casting a kid about to hit puberty on a show that's timeline is days rather than months or years.

For the record, I really loved this episode. The "twist" had been predicted as far back as last Summer when that Rumple promo leaked so I wasn't at all surprised, but I did enjoy Robbie Kay's portrayal. Casting really got it down with lil Rumple too. Oh my gosh, that kid was beyond adorable.

Henry, you have most definitely inherited the Charming genes. Regina raised you better than that.

I'm waiting for the twist where Henry stays dead.

Have to admit I did not see the Rumple/Pan connection coming, great twist on the story again.

Isn't it kind of dumb though that Rumple then turns around and does the exact same thing to his son? Abandon him, I mean.

For a different reason but didn't Baelfire/Neal do the same when he left Emma the first time, man they are some screwed people in fairytale land.

• Advertisement

Yes! Three generations of cowards. There's some interesting parallels in dialogue and scene direction when you go back and look at season 2. Great gif sets floating around tumblr.

Advertisement