Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sjlc

Any idea when you'll be getting the Proraso Pre Post shaving cream back in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

It is on the way.. possibly by the end of the week or early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

TheDoc wrote: »
    @shaving.ie Do you get Truefitt & Hill brand cologne on occasion or just whats on site?

I'll second this.

Chris, any plans to stock T&H aftershaves and colognes?

I can look into it.. any particular scents?

The ones I remember liking were 1805 and Clubman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

hitemfrank wrote: »
    The ones I remember liking were 1805 and Clubman.

Yeah those two I liked alright from the samplers, and Spanish Leather

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Hi
    Just wondering when do you think these products will be back in stock

1- http://www.shaving.ie/products/3P-Pre-Post-Shave-Cream.html

2- http://www.shaving.ie/products/Alum-Block-Natural-Stone.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Ordering a new badger brush and some feather blades. But i'm really tempted to blow some money on some soaps and other such objects, a self purchased birthday present. I know DE Shaving is supposed to be cheaper but at the current rate i'm going, i'm liable to have enough material to pass onto my grand children...... :pac:

Hi
    Just wondering when do you think these products will be back in stock

1- http://www.shaving.ie/products/3P-Pre-Post-Shave-Cream.html

2- http://www.shaving.ie/products/Alum-Block-Natural-Stone.html
    Both arrived this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    Both arrived this morning...

No way just put an order threw last night!!
    Just my luck

• Advertisement

Just put an order in there and will be ordering again soon. Any chance you'll be getting the Merkur Bakelites back in or are they unavailable?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Was there a price increase this evening? I logged on earlier and selected the starter kit with the Muhle R89 razor - including shipping it was coming to just over €49, but when I went to pay the site froze and I couldn't get into the payment page. Tried again there and the price is now €58.90 including shipping! That's some increase in 2 hours...

Zzippy wrote: »
    Was there a price increase this evening? I logged on earlier and selected the starter kit with the Muhle R89 razor - including shipping it was coming to just over €49, but when I went to pay the site froze and I couldn't get into the payment page. Tried again there and the price is now €58.90 including shipping! That's some increase in 2 hours...

No there was no change. The price of the kit is dictated by the razor you select... The R89 being the more expensive option.

@sjlc The Merkurs only become available every few months so unfortunately they are not due in for a while.

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    @sjlc The Merkurs only become available every few months so unfortunately they are not due in for a while.

Thanks. I'm interested in getting one so I'll have to keep checking back often.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Would anyone like to suggest a first shaving cream and also an aftershave or cologne? New to this DE shaving.

Right now I'm looking at Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood for the shaving cream, but not sure on the cologne/ASL. I will be wearing this to work so I'm wondering if the cologne might be a bit too strong smelling and that I should opt for an ASL instead, thoughts?

Something like TOBS Bay Rum ASL

Edit: Considering I usually detest shaving I never thought I'd say I was excited about it:
    Your Order Contains:
    1 x Proraso Pre and Post Shaving Cream
    1 x Muhle R89 Classic Razor
    2 x Styptic Pencil
    1 x Pure Badger Black Shaving Brush
    1 x Alum Block Natural Stone
    1 x 50 Astra Superior Platinum DE Blades
    1 x Taylor of Old Bond St Sandalwood Shaving Cream Bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Gatame wrote: »
    Would anyone like to suggest a first shaving cream and also an aftershave or cologne? New to this DE shaving.

Right now I'm looking at Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood for the shaving cream, but not sure on the cologne/ASL. I will be wearing this to work so I'm wondering if the cologne might be a bit too strong smelling and that I should opt for an ASL instead, thoughts?

Edit: Considering I usually detest shaving I never thought I'd say I was excited about it:

At the moment I am using the following:

TOBS - Lemon & Lime Shaving Cream

Geo F. Trumper's Lime Skin Food I actually use this all year round to be honest

and finally

If I am going somewhere fancy - Geo F. Trumper's Limes Cologne

or just a normal "at home" shave - I'll use the Floid Blue Aftershave

I find all of the above products very refreshing on the face, particularly during the "summer" months.

The combination of all of the lime scents may be a bit much for some people though.

Also, it's worth pointing out that lime colognes generally dont have much staying power.

For me, I can hardly notice the scent of the Trumpers Lime cologne after an hour.

Also, it's worth pointing out that lime colognes generally dont have much staying power.

For me, I can hardly notice the scent of the Trumpers Lime cologne after an hour.

Is this on yourself, or another person?

I haven't found that problem, and have often had my GF or others commenting on the scent many hours later.

It's on me when I can't smell it after an hour or so. I've heard others say the same about a lot of citrus based colognes - they generally fade quite quickly.

You may be one of the lucky ones that they seem to last a while for. And because of that I hate you ;)

It's on me when I can't smell it after an hour or so. I've heard others say the same about a lot of citrus based colognes - they generally fade quite quickly.

You may be one of the lucky ones that they seem to last a while for. And because of that I hate you ;)

Ah yeah but normally, you (as in the user) become accustomed to the smell relatively quickly and can no longer smell it (Same with an air freshner in a room etc..) but others crossing your path will still smell it even when you can't.

I can't smell any of my aftershaves/colognes or deodorants after 20mins but others can smell them off me hours later in the day.

• Advertisement

I have other colognes that I can still smell nearly 8 hours later, it's just the citrus ones that fade quickly on me. It's a shame really as I really like citrus scents.

Gatame wrote: »

If you are usure on colognes, getting samples is a great way to try them out cheaply.

Here is a link for Geo F Trumper samples.

Here is a link for Truefitt and Hill samples too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Wondering when you will be getting back in stock the Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershave Gel and also the Taylor of Old Bond St Sandalwood Cologne.
    I had a look on Taylor's own website but their shipping is criminal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Got my first order arrived the very next day,very impressed with the service.
    Now that I have the stuff I don't have a clue where to start ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

What did you buy?

Michael G wrote: »
    What did you buy?
    I got some proraso pre shave creme and this kit
    http://www.shaving.ie/products/The-Basic-Essentials-Safety-Razor-Starter-Kit.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Which razor did you get?

Which razor did you get?
    Edwin jagger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Hey guys,

Thinking of finally keeping the beard off for a while.

Can somebody please recommend me a razor, shaving cream, brush, blades etc which i need
    to get started?

Nothing too expensive as its my first one.

Cheers in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Hey guys,

Thinking of finally keeping the beard off for a while.

Can somebody please recommend me a razor, shaving cream, brush, blades etc which i need
    to get started?

Nothing too expensive as its my first one.

Cheers in advance

For a razor I'd go with Edwin Jagger or Muhle. Any of the ones in around 30 euro will do a fine job.

Shaving cream: Proraso green (normal) or white (sensitive).

Brush: Go for a boar brush starting out, Semogue have good reviews and reasonable prices (15-20 euro).

Blades: you'll definitely want to buy a multipack/sampler pack. Try them all out, find which one works best, and buy those in bulk.

You might also get an alum block to disinfect the skin post-shave [although I recently left mine in a hotel room and I don't notice any difference at all not using it], a styptic pencil to stop bleeding after you cut yourself, and a pre/post shave cream like Proraso or Prep.

Advertisement