Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,996 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

De sync problems are back

• Registered Users Posts: 13,559 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Overheal wrote: »
    De sync problems are back
    Aye.

I wonder if to blame aliens, nazis, or chemtrails? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

joujoujou wrote: »
    Aye.

I wonder if to blame aliens, nazis, or chemtrails? ;)

We all know that it's Trump's fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Something strange is happening, I am opening threads from my following threads page they show as bold as people have posted after me, but when I open the thread I only see the post I made as the latest one I refresh then I see all the other posts that have come after mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Also my post count is not increasing. It is now never mind :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,559 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

We all know that it's Trump's fault!
    I'd better get me tinfoil hat. :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Isn't it strange how these site issues only ever seem to happen when Fianna Fáil or Fine Gael are in power?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I never had a problem with Boards until the Greens came into power.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭Penfailed

It's a bit of a balls at the moment.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Apologies all, the syncing issue does seem to beback unfortunately :/ We'll get it sorted as soon as possible, could be much later today or even in the morning though. I'll keep you posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Isn't it strange how these site issues only ever seem to happen when Fianna Fáil or Fine Gael are in power?

The site is less responsive than Eamon Ryan at the moment :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Broken for me today, displaying the most recent posts as ones from hours ago.

Ah just saw Niamh's post, nay bother.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Seems to be better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Getting new notifications for old pms.... and glitching with thread replies.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Same here.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Morning all. Apologies for the issues yesterday, these are now resolved. If you see anything out of sync today, please let us know. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've noticed when I reply to threads I am getting automatically subscribed to further replies - I have this option off in the user control panel.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi GBX,

Are you receiving email notifications, a followed thread notification in the top right or is the thread being listed in the list on the My Forums tab?

The User Control Panel is showing me that your preference is currently set to "Follow Without Notification". If you don't want to follow the thread at all, could you ensure that Default Thread Subscription Mode is set to "Do not follow" and click "Save Changes" please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Hi GBX,

Are you receiving email notifications, a followed thread notification in the top right or is the thread being listed in the list on the My Forums tab?

The User Control Panel is showing me that your preference is currently set to "Follow Without Notification". If you don't want to follow the thread at all, could you ensure that Default Thread Subscription Mode is set to "Do not follow" and click "Save Changes" please.

Oh ! - I must have changed it without realising. My mistake so! Carry on :) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,595 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It took 4 attempts to log in on laptop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Why dont I receive emails anymoire for forums that I follow?

Boards.ie Employee

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It took 4 attempts to log in on laptop

Hi JP Liz V1, were there any error messages or what was happening when trying to login? The more info that can be provided when reporting issues (device and browser being used, as well as error messages), the quicker we can potentially replicate the issue.
    mccard wrote: »
    Why dont I receive emails anymoire for forums that I follow?

If you have subscribed for instant or daily notifications, you should be getting emails. Is there anything in your spam folder? The weekly digest is still currently not being sent, but we are working on that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Getting 503 Errors and generic database errors in the last few minutes.

Same on touch.

Boards.ie Employee

Hi The_Conductor, the dev team are aware of this and tweaking some settings as a result, so it should have been a temporary blip. Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Me too, on desktop site

Me too on the mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

If you have subscribed for instant or daily notifications, you should be getting emails. Is there anything in your spam folder? The weekly digest is still currently not being sent, but we are working on that.

Nothing in spam. I am getting daily emails for threads I follow but forums have not been sent since August 6th.

500 and Database Errors

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,718 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    500 and Database Errors
    Spam attack :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement