Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosts - What are your experiences?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ghost Girl

Martron wrote: »
    when we were kids my grandparents lived in an old house in roscommon in croghan. it was an old doctors house. it has had a lot of history its about 300 years old. history with civil war etc etc.

Interesting !!! I've relatives around those parts and I vaguely remember hearing of a house in Roscommon haunted, I'm wondering if its the same one. Do you know of other houses in Roscommon? I believe the Hill of Berries have a few stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 guy2454

Firstly this thread is extremely interesting. My experience is from a couple of years back living in rented accomodation in college. One morning I decided not to go to college, as you do when the sun shines. On my own in the house when i walked past the stairs that ran up the middle of the house. At the top of the landing i saw a dark shadow. (i have read other posts on "shadow people" i dunno if thats what it was).but it was a very slender very black shadow.

Anyway from what i could make out it seemed to be a little girl of 10 or 12. This im guessing by the shape of the body and outline of long hair. It seemed to hover about 4 or 5 inches from the ground. Like many others I put it down to a trick of the light, mind playing tricks etc. After seeing this I walked into the kitchen got myself a drink or whatever and on the way back took another look up the stairs. There it was again, this time I looked for what felt like forever, prob about 2 or 3 mins and it stayed. couldnt make out any facial features but you know that feeling you get when youre being watched or stared at.

On that note i bolted. Ran into the neighbours who just laughed at me. One of the wierdest experiences of my life. More followed but I think the post is long enough!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

guy2454 wrote: »
    More followed but I think the post is long enough!
    Ah g'wan, tell more. Its interesting!:)

Thank you for saying my post is interesting,when the topic comes up with friends you get the usual "ya right". But I know what i saw. I dont go round inviting spirits or ghosts or whatever you want to call them nor would i be a great believer. Like most people I would have to see to believe.

Luckily for me other people saw this since. There was always one room in the house, the "box room" that was freezing. The rad would be piping hot but ever heated the room. Unusual as it was the smallest room in the house. The girl who slept in that room always had extra blankets and quilts on her bed.

Anyway there were 4 of us living in the house, one of the other girls also said she had seen something, later described pretty much what i had seen. as well as a friend who stayed on our couch one night. felt someone pulling the blankets from him thought it was someone trying to wake him up opened his eyes and saw this "figure" leaving the room through the open door,sorry should have said it was early morning and bright when this happenend.

On occasion we would all be sitting downstairs in the living room and hear banging and footsteps upstairs. things started going missing, being moved. Nothing bad ever happened just freaked us out for a while.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I think most people dont share ghost stories unless they know they wont be laughed at, which is what often happens. :)

Ive heard of the blankets thing before, my aunt had it happen to her in a house where she worked. Happened on her first night, and frightened her out of her wits, she was only in her teens. In the morning the other staff were slightly apologetic for putting her in the 'haunted' room, they were all aware of it. :)

I had a little old lady spirit/ghost in my old house, youd notice her out of the corner of your eye in the upstairs landing. It never frightened me but others used to get the heebie jeebies if they stayed there, and Ill admit I used to wind up some of my more nervous mates about it, just for fun, cos I was used to her.

• Advertisement

god id never wind anyone up id be afraid of annoying whatever was in the house, wouldnt want it think i was takin the ****.she seemed harmless enough but i wasnt going to test her patience. i think we did at one stage and she wasnt happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

guy2454 can I ask where you went to college????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Ghost Girl wrote: »
    Interesting !!! I've relatives around those parts and I vaguely remember hearing of a house in Roscommon haunted, I'm wondering if its the same one. Do you know of other houses in Roscommon? I believe the Hill of Berries have a few stories.

this house was defiantely not well known for being haunted mind you i always heard of banshee stories around there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Not really an experience more of a question.. Are people from ouside a certain family able to hear a Banshee or is it just them family that a person is going to die in able to hear it? The reason I ask is because Friday and Saturday night two weeks ago, our whole family heard this awful whaling and sobbing coming from the farm grounds across the road from our house. (It definatly wasnt a fox call or anything like that, I've never heard anything like it before in my life) It happend on both nights around half twelve and would go on for maybe 15 minutes and stop and start again a few minutes later. It stopped after them two nights. We kinda forgot about it untill the following tuesday when we got a knock on our door telling us that the old lady in the farm house across the road had died! I've been wondering ever since could it have been a Banshee..

Sorry for the somewhat off topic post.

Maybe it was just the sound of her dying??!!!! Ah no seriously, I always thought that it was family only who heard the banshee. Not sure though.

• Advertisement

pookie82 wrote: »
    Maybe it was just the sound of her dying??!!!! Ah no seriously, I always thought that it was family only who heard the banshee. Not sure though.

:rolleyes:, Yeah thats what my thinking of it is aswell, just thought id post it up though to see could I find out..

I just wikipedia-d the banshee there out of interest. It says that she could be heard wailing outside the house of a person about to die, but may not necessarily have had to have been heard by a family member. The legend of the banshee was attached in particular to about five Irish families and was known to wail loudly if any members of those were about to die. So that might signify the family connection, but nowhere does it stipulate that he was heard specifically by family members. So ya, maybe you guys did hear her!!!! *shudder*

Thanks for that pookie. I just find it a bit of a coinsidence how it all happend, I've never heard a cry like it before and I live out in the country so I'm familiar with all the animal calls etc. Havent heard it since either! Hopefully wont ever again!

Martron wrote: »
    this house was defiantely not well known for being haunted mind you i always heard of banshee stories around there

Funny you should mention the banshee and roscommon in the one sentence! my grandmother claims she saw the banshee on the roscommon road out of athlone when she was young, and I heard what others described as the banshee when i was about 12 or 13 in roscommon. I heard it when i was in bed, and got up to have a listen, and just when i woke my sister it stopped. It was the most frightening thing ive ever heard. And....I was in roscommon at the time!! They say a relative dies not long after some one hears the banshee, and I told my mother about it, within a month my step uncle died.

Ghost Girl wrote: »
    Funny you should mention the banshee and roscommon in the one sentence! my grandmother claims she saw the banshee on the roscommon road out of athlone when she was young, and I heard what others described as the banshee when i was about 12 or 13 in roscommon. I heard it when i was in bed, and got up to have a listen, and just when i woke my sister it stopped. It was the most frightening thing ive ever heard. And....I was in roscommon at the time!! They say a relative dies not long after some one hears the banshee, and I told my mother about it, within a month my step uncle died.

What did she sound like to you? Is it a screaming or crying or wailing or all of the above????

The site I looked at mentioned a certain few families in ireland who had the banshee legend attached to them and members of these families would almost always be warned of the impending death of a relative. Maybe people who hear it nowadays are descendants of those families????

sorry bout delay it was in waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭HoneyButterfly

Pipp wrote: »
    Yes! That happens to me alot, especially when Im driving in my car alone.
    Theres one particular place near Tullow in Co. Carlow where the road goes passed a very large and very old looking house. Every time I'd pass that house I get goosebumps and all the hair on my arms stands up. It turns out that the field beside that house was the location for a large battle in the 1798 rebellion where a large number of people lost their lives. Theres a monument there dedicated to them. I suppose Im picking up on those poor people that died there.
    I would imagine that that house has an "atmosphere" too.

Hi Pipp,
    Sorry, I know this post was ages ago...but where's that house you're talking about?

What did she sound like to you? Is it a screaming or crying or wailing or all of the above????

The site I looked at mentioned a certain few families in ireland who had the banshee legend attached to them and members of these families would almost always be warned of the impending death of a relative. Maybe people who hear it nowadays are descendants of those families????

Its hard to describe, I heard a cat once, a whailing tom cat, years after the banshee moment, and the banshee sounded very like that, but there were some differences. I have to say I never heard a cat sound like that since either, did you ever hear a tom cat doing the call thing at night?? Well when I heard what i think was the Banshee, it was a whailing, lingering, higher pitch than the cat type cry, and it would sound like it was getting closer, and then fade away, and at one stage sounded like it came from right outside in the back garden to inside my bedroom. Moving slowly. It was a continuous sound and would stop for a few seconds and start again continuously for a few mins. At times it would break into a whimpering at the end of the lingering whailing sound, I felt a shiver come over me listening to it, and the only thing i could think of was Banshee, because I had heard stories from family members about it. My grandmother describes the lady she saw (which she thinks was the banshee) about four foot high, long grey green scraggy hair, big round green eyes, wearing a dirty dress, and she moved quickly across the road in front of her, and into a ditch on into the fields, but she seemed to disappear after she left the road into the field. She says she felt uneasy and sick after seeing her, and found her a bit odd. It wasn't until she got home and talked about what she saw that the banshee was mentioned.

What site were you looking at, I'd like to see if my families name pops up there.

Just wikipedia banshee and it gives the names there. even if you don't share the surname you could be a descendant or something from one of the families.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 nicfd

Hey guys. Been reading around this thread for the last couple of days now and some of you have really interesting stories so I thought I'd share some of mine and see what you think. I guess I've always had a link with 'otherworldly things' but never taken it seriously as there was always something else to do. It's just reading through some of the stories you guys have shared, I'm thinking maybe I should persue the whole thing a bit further? If any of you could share some insight on the things i'm about to say, I'd really appreciate it.

Ok the first real experience (i.e. I acknowledged it for what it was) I had was in a house which has since been knocked. I must have been about 13 or so at the time and was sharing a bedroom with my younger sister. I woke up one night and saw a woman standing at the end of my bed looking at me. She was about 30 or so and looked frightfully sad. Next thing a man appeared next to her and in a gruff kinda way hissed 'Sarah'. That seemed to take her out of her trance. She looked at him, they both looked at me and then jus disappeared. I wasn't scared during the incident but heart raced a bit after :)

In the same house, I woke one night unable to move due to a crushing feeling on my neck. All i could do was move my eyes. I looked at my sister and saw a lady standing over her. I'll never forget this woman for as long as i live! she had a long flowy black dress and long straight black hair. Her face was white as snow except for black around her eyes and she had a scar running from her forehead all the way down the right side of her face. She was just floating there above my sister mouthing words I couldn't make out. I tried to scream at my sister but to no avail - I couldnt speak. I don't know why but my sister woke up and the woman vanished. When I told my sister what had happened, she said she saw the exact same woman do the same to me the night before but was afraid to say anything incase I thought she was just being silly.

The next experience involves the same woman but this time i'm relying on the account by my sister because part of it i don't remember personally. My dad was very sick and my mam was spending a lot of time with him in a hospice. We had moved out of the first house I mentioned to another house in the same town. being the oldest, I was responsible for babysitting. I was going to check on two of my youngest sisters in the kitchen when I noticed them standing at the top of the stairs holding hands - very unusal. i asked them if they were alright but they said nothing and just kept looking at me. I heard a noise in the kitchen and turned to it. When I turned back, the girls were gone. I went to find out what the noise was in the kitchen and it turned out my two younger sisters were actually playing in there. I was freaked out so I went to the garden to cool off. I didn't think the girls were in danger as I didn't get a bad feeling from what I'd seen on the stairs. Next thing, the sister i mentioned in earlier stories came out. I was telling her what happened when at the exact same time, we both saw the woman in black standing at the top window. Our instinct was to run in to get the younger girls. However when we reached the house the woman was coming down the stairs before us so we ran. The next thing I knew, I This is where my sisters account kicks in. Apparently the woman caught up to us and I fell to the ground and went all crazy laughing etc. My sister didn't know what to do so ended up gettn some holy water and splashing it over me. She took me into the house where I ended up in the sitting room.

Once my dad died, we moved to yet another house where I didn't experience anything for quite a while. One night, I was asleep in top bunk (sharing room with yet another different sister - yes there are a few of us :)) Anyway, the door opened and in came this really old frail woman with a walking stick. It didnt strike me as odd that she was there so i got up and asked her if she was ok. she asked me if i would do something for her. to this day, i've no recollection of what she actually asked me to do but i remember feeling disgusted at the idea and told her there was no way i'd ever do it. i turned to go back to bed but she caught my arm in a really tight lock. i apologised to her and said i simply couldn't do what she was asking of me. Next morning, i had completely forgotten about it until mum asked me what happened my arm. There, exactly where she had grapped me were finger marks. i wish i knew what she had asked me to do - maybe she was looking for my help.

Well i think i've gone on long enough - though i could have gone on all day :rolleyes: what do you guys think? and i hope you don't mind me venting on your forum :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

scary stuff :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Sagittarius79

Not a story of my own per se, but has anyone here ever heard or know of a house in the the Harolds' Cross area Dublin being haunted. For anyone who knows the area, this house is right beside the triangular shaped park, where the road forks, to Mt. Argus on one side and Harolds Cross on the other, and is on the same side of the road as Rosie O'Grady's pub and the green petrol station there too. Its a 2-story terraced house, fairly unasuming and it divided into flats, one flat on each floor.

The reason I asked is that a friend of mind was living there a couple of years back. She was sharing the ground floor flat with 2 other girls. I visited the place pretty frequently and I have to say its the only house i've ever been in that has made me feel uneasy, anxious and sometimes even close to tears as soon as i stepped in the door, the best way to describe it was like you were absorbing this negativity as soon as got in there. I tried to put it out of my mind any time I went in there, didn't want to mention it to my friend but then one day she and the girls who lived there started telling me about some of the experiences in the house.

My friend began to have a recurring and extremely vivid dream of this small old man appearing at the end of her bed. She said it was sometimes even hard for her to tell if she was asleep or awake when she had these 'visitations'. She had never had dreams like that before. She said he would just kneel at the end of her bed with his hands clasped as if in prayer, but looking at her. She said this was all that would ever happen in the dream except for one time when the man said something to her but then she woke up immediately and thought someone was screaming at her. When she moved out of this flat, she never had this dream again since.

Another time there was a sister of one the other girls staying there for the night. The only people apart from her in the house that night were the 3 girls that lived there, whom she knew well. She went into the bedroom to change and the other three girls were in the living room. She was moving between her sisters bedroom and another bedroom looking for something when she glanced across the corridor into the bathroom as something had caught her attention. She said she saw the figure of what seemed like a teenage girl standing in the bathroom, with her back to her, standing over the bath with her head bowed. This did strike her as strange but she thought that she was maybe a friend of the other girls who had been let in while she was in the bedroom. She had been blow drying her hair and thought that was why she hadn’t heard this person come in. So a few minutes later she went back into the room where the other 3 were and there was no sign of this other girl she’d seen. She asked the 3 girls who the girl was she’d seen. They all looked at her and said ‘What girl?’, baffled. She told them what she’d seen and they didn’t believe her. She was so adamant she’d seen her that she started to cry and got angry and her sister knew then that she wasn’t lying. She even thought the other 3 girls were spoofing her, which they weren’t. They even checked the window in the bathroom to see if someone could have gotten in or out that way but it was locked from the inside. To this day they still don’t know who that was.

Other things that happened were things going missing, only to reappear out of nowhere I in a very prominent place weeks later, they heard footsteps in the hall once aswell.

I slept in my friends room on my own one night and although nothing happened me, I had a very restless sleep and even the second I lay down in the bed my whole body froze with tension and dread, I kept feeling like something was about to happen. I left the house the next morning as soon as it was early enough for me to get a bus back into town. And this was well before my friend had told me about her experiences there.

If anyone else has heard anything about a house fitting that description in that area, I'd love to hear your stories.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

nicfd wrote: »
    post...
    post...

First of all, thanks a bunch for freaking me out. Im in my office on my own at the moment! :eek:

Both of your stories, in part, have symptoms have sleep paralysis and "old hag syndrome". There has been some posts on it in the past. While it could explain some elements of your stories, it definitely doesnt explain it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

When my mother died i was in the house with my 2 kids.Iwas just getting them to sleep and i came down the stairs and looked in the kitchen and i seen my mother,clear as day walking past the door,she even had the habit on that she was buried in.Another time i was in the house and my oh was gone out,i had the drier on and i fell asleep.Well i woke up about 3 hours later with the drier still on,that freaked me out so i called the oh to come back and he did.

Did any of you experience what is supposed to indicate a haunting....taps left running in the house. It's happened on numerous occasions in my house, nothing for maybe a month, and then maybe 3 times in a row. For example last week when i got out of bed in the morning the tap seemed like it had been running all night, and I'm sure i switched it off, but couldn't be 100%. So turned it off went down to the kitchen, when in the garden i noticed the water running at the gutter, went back up to the bathroom, and it was turned on again. there was no one else in the house. A few times in the same week it happened. Is starting to feak me a bit!! House is only 4 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I worked with a fella who told me this story, he didn't want me to say it to anyone in case they thought he was a nutcase... One Winter evening at 6pm about 10yrs ago his mam went into the back garden to take some clothes in from the line. They have two alsation dogs which sleep in two kennels. The woman was puzzled as the dogs didn't leap out to greet her as they normally do but she didn't dwell on it as she went about her business. Then she got the strangest creepy feeling... she looked around and there in the garden a man was standing staring at her. She knew the man but there was something really weird about the way he was looking at her and I suppose she was wondering what he was doing there in her garden in the dark so she went back inside and shut the door. A while later her husband came home and told her there'd been a dreadful accident a man had been killed in a hit and run walking his dog on a lonely road nearby at 6pm that evening. The woman was shocked and stunned! What in the name of God was going on?
    The fella who told me this lives near a village near my town, i'l not say in case the man's family happen to read this, they know nothing about it. My auntie lives in the village and she told me about the accident he was on about. It did happen. Creepy and sad.

nicfd wrote: »
    Hey guys. Been reading around this thread for the last couple of days now and some of you have really interesting stories so I thought I'd share some of mine and see what you think. I guess I've always had a link with 'otherworldly things' but never taken it seriously as there was always something else to do. It's just reading through some of the stories you guys have shared, I'm thinking maybe I should persue the whole thing a bit further? If any of you could share some insight on the things i'm about to say, I'd really appreciate it.

Ok the first real experience (i.e. I acknowledged it for what it was) I had was in a house which has since been knocked. I must have been about 13 or so at the time and was sharing a bedroom with my younger sister. I woke up one night and saw a woman standing at the end of my bed looking at me. She was about 30 or so and looked frightfully sad. Next thing a man appeared next to her and in a gruff kinda way hissed 'Sarah'. That seemed to take her out of her trance. She looked at him, they both looked at me and then jus disappeared. I wasn't scared during the incident but heart raced a bit after :)

In the same house, I woke one night unable to move due to a crushing feeling on my neck. All i could do was move my eyes. I looked at my sister and saw a lady standing over her. I'll never forget this woman for as long as i live! she had a long flowy black dress and long straight black hair. Her face was white as snow except for black around her eyes and she had a scar running from her forehead all the way down the right side of her face. She was just floating there above my sister mouthing words I couldn't make out. I tried to scream at my sister but to no avail - I couldnt speak. I don't know why but my sister woke up and the woman vanished. When I told my sister what had happened, she said she saw the exact same woman do the same to me the night before but was afraid to say anything incase I thought she was just being silly.

The next experience involves the same woman but this time i'm relying on the account by my sister because part of it i don't remember personally. My dad was very sick and my mam was spending a lot of time with him in a hospice. We had moved out of the first house I mentioned to another house in the same town. being the oldest, I was responsible for babysitting. I was going to check on two of my youngest sisters in the kitchen when I noticed them standing at the top of the stairs holding hands - very unusal. i asked them if they were alright but they said nothing and just kept looking at me. I heard a noise in the kitchen and turned to it. When I turned back, the girls were gone. I went to find out what the noise was in the kitchen and it turned out my two younger sisters were actually playing in there. I was freaked out so I went to the garden to cool off. I didn't think the girls were in danger as I didn't get a bad feeling from what I'd seen on the stairs. Next thing, the sister i mentioned in earlier stories came out. I was telling her what happened when at the exact same time, we both saw the woman in black standing at the top window. Our instinct was to run in to get the younger girls. However when we reached the house the woman was coming down the stairs before us so we ran. The next thing I knew, I This is where my sisters account kicks in. Apparently the woman caught up to us and I fell to the ground and went all crazy laughing etc. My sister didn't know what to do so ended up gettn some holy water and splashing it over me. She took me into the house where I ended up in the sitting room.

Once my dad died, we moved to yet another house where I didn't experience anything for quite a while. One night, I was asleep in top bunk (sharing room with yet another different sister - yes there are a few of us :)) Anyway, the door opened and in came this really old frail woman with a walking stick. It didnt strike me as odd that she was there so i got up and asked her if she was ok. she asked me if i would do something for her. to this day, i've no recollection of what she actually asked me to do but i remember feeling disgusted at the idea and told her there was no way i'd ever do it. i turned to go back to bed but she caught my arm in a really tight lock. i apologised to her and said i simply couldn't do what she was asking of me. Next morning, i had completely forgotten about it until mum asked me what happened my arm. There, exactly where she had grapped me were finger marks. i wish i knew what she had asked me to do - maybe she was looking for my help.

Well i think i've gone on long enough - though i could have gone on all day :rolleyes: what do you guys think? and i hope you don't mind me venting on your forum :p
    Are you for real? If all this had happened to me I think I would be in hospital by now, although, the stuff that has happened to me has been spread out over many years so have had time to digest it. But I must say finding marks on your arm after the lady held you is scary!!! They've never touched me, or spoken to me!!!!!! Has this type of thing been happening often? Have you told any one, or sought help in getting rid of these people?? It's not good that you went into a fit of laughter, have no recollection of that bit. Ye really should see some one, have your current house blessed or some thing.

Hey ghost girl. No hospitals for me just yet!

a no, this sort of stuff happens in my family all of the time and it really isn't scary at the time. I sort of know when something is going to happen out of the 'ordinary' cuz 4 a couple of days beforehand I hear a clock ticking from nowhere!

its just normal run of the mil stuff for me at this stage though haven't seen nething in a while. just the usual stuff disappearing and then turning up right under my nose a couple of days later.

i've told a few people but as u can imagine not many actuall believe. lately though, i've decided that i'd love to know why they do come to me and if i've put up a barrier to stop them as i havent seen them in a while. i can't decide if i want to persue it further (as i'm terrified at the thought of actually opening up!) or just leave it in the past. I kind of feel that if i can help i should but at the same time if it's scary things like the lady in black do i really wanna open myself to that.

ooohh sigh - what to do what to do! :)

Wow nicfid, amazing story. There are signs of sleep paralysis in there, but obviously this can't account for what happened when you were wide awake and for your sister seeing that same things! The bit about seeing your sisters holding hands at the top of the stairs gave me the heebie jeebies - reminded me of that scene in the Shining where he sees the two little girls holding hands in the blue dresses behind the door!!!:-0

The fact that these events followed you from house to house is pretty creepy too. If these are spirits of some sort it's your family they seem to be attached to and not to the place. Have you done any research? Spoken to grandparents? Looked through old photos, checked out names etc? If I were you I'd go down to your local library and research the history of the area. You say you got a name - Sarah. I know it hardly narrows it down but it might be a start! A seance is always an option too to find out what these poeple want.

• Advertisement

faceman wrote: »
    Both of your stories, in part, have symptoms have sleep paralysis and "old hag syndrome".

what does this mean?
    The bit about seeing your sisters holding hands at the top of the stairs gave me the heebie jeebies - reminded me of that scene in the Shining where he sees the two little girls holding hands in the blue dresses behind the door!!!:-0

Never thought of it like that before - and now it seems even freakier - thanks for that :)
    The fact that these events followed you from house to house is pretty creepy too. If these are spirits of some sort it's your family they seem to be attached to and not to the place.
    Ya i was wondering that but it seems to be a whole range of reasons for a visit. I was thinking that maybe we're more open than others and so they seek us out to pass on messages. either that or because we're close to a person they want to speak to. for example, i shared a flat with a girl during college. her grandfather died (to whom she was very close) and she was upset for a long time after. anyway, one evening, we were sitting round and i happened to glance at the patio door. there was what can only be described as the reflection of an old man in the door. he was smiling and pointing to his hat. i didn't know who he was but i told my friend what i was seeing. she asked me to describe him. I said it was an old man with a youthful glow to his face but he had a really 'old' throat area. she was taken aback because even though i'd never met her grandfather i described him perfectly. she said he used to always wear a hat but obviously they buried him without one. she reckoned that's why he was pointing at it now!
    You say you got a name - Sarah. I know it hardly narrows it down but it might be a start! A seance is always an option too to find out what these poeple want.

ya i looked into the sarah thing and it turned out a jack and sarah kennedy used to live in the house. i searched the graveyard and found a plaque so they were local. there were stories from some locals that when they lived there, there was an accident involving a game of hide and seek and one of the children died in a closet (which sort of explained the constant running up and down the hallway we used to hear). Its pretty sad but i stil don't know why she appeared. She didn't have any message!

Advertisement