Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray Darcy Show - November 14th ****(10:20pm)*****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

furiousox wrote: »
    Has he made any comment about the Pamela Anderson interview?

He's AWOL

• Registered Users Posts: 54,676 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Red Kev wrote: »
    That's Ray D'Arcy in a nutshell.

He rang up Healy Rae for the sole purpose of having a go at him, there was never any intention of an interview. Nonsense and unprofessional. Ray playing the big man 'I've had my rant on my show and that's all that matters'.

The idea is nonsense, but by giving him publicity Ray played right into his hands, its what the Healy Rae clan thrive on...'look what we're trying to,do for ye, and them big lads in Dublin are against us, we're the only ones ye can trust'.

Danny Healy Rae made serious political capital put of that, the best solution is to give him zero publicity, not that crap that D'Arcy is at. If, as a presenter you can't engage someone in a debate who you specifically ring up and invite on your show, then don't ring them up in the first place.

Fair points. I hadn't realised that Ray rang Healy. Anyway, regardless of who rang who, you need to keep your cool and debate an issue. As I said many times, Ray is not close to broadcasting material. He's just not near up to it. Very unprofessional. I guess it tells us about the standards at Today FM if they allow that. Also, RTE allow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He's AWOL

Sent away for sensitivity training, those programs your colleagues guilty of sexism get sent on.

gramar wrote: »
    Sharon ni Bheolain at the Web summit a few weeks back Dobson...they love attacking the person they invite on to speak and score a few cheap shots to feel good about themselves.

There was nothing wrong with Sharons interview at all that day, she didn't attack the person they invited on to speak, because the person invited on to speak cancelled at the last minute and hung out a colleague to dry. She asked all the difficult questions on the points that the web summit themselves raised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

ThisRegard wrote: »
    There was nothing wrong with Sharons interview at all that day, she didn't attack the person they invited on to speak, because the person invited on to speak cancelled at the last minute and hung out a colleague to dry. She asked all the difficult questions on the points that the web summit themselves raised.

It was how she asked the questions and conducted the interview...her attitude from the start was snide and bordering on rude.

• Advertisement

We'll disagree. Web summit cut their own rod to beat themselves. She wasn't snide or rude at all.

We'll disagree. Web summit cut their own rod to beat themselves. She wasn't snide or rude at all.

We will.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Sent away for sensitivity training, those programs your colleagues guilty of sexism get sent on.

its like the fella who drops the hand on the boss at the Christmas party, afraid to go in on Monday morning. although maybe the time off was planned, they never seem to let listeners know until someone else turns up on the day, same with Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Looks like Pam ran out of the studio and straight into the clutches of George Hook!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,676 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Looks like Pam ran out of the studio and straight into the clutches of George Hook!

From the fying pan into the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

walshb wrote: »
    From the fying pan into the fire.

Speaking as a woman I would much prefer to deal with George Hook over Ray any time.

The photos look like he has her backed into a corner...'errh..do you know what a good maaauuul is Pamela and I'm not talking rugby..har har har?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

gramar wrote: »
    The fact is that Irish presenters/journalists trying to put down/catch out/ridicule interviewees is a common theme...Ray is always at it..so is Miriam, Sharon ni Bheolain at the Web summit a few weeks back Dobson...they love attacking the person they invite on to speak and score a few cheap shots to feel good about themselves.

There's a difference between a news/current affairs interview and an entertainment interview.

One should expect to be asked hard questions on the News. One shouldn't expect to be ridiculed when invited on to an entertainment show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    There's a difference between a news/current affairs interview and an entertainment interview.

One should expect to be asked hard questions on the News. One shouldn't expect to be ridiculed when invited on to an entertainment show.

I'd have slightly more respect if he actually asked hard questions outright and was combative and nitpicking in a direct way. He doesn't even do that, he just is snide and tuts and sighs and almost rolls his eyes at his guests. On his radio show he can cut someone off if he doesn't like them. On the chatshow he can't do that so he just sits there with a big sour puss and says yeah, yeah, under his breath when he doesn't buy what they are saying and then rudely interrupts with the next question to try get the interview over with.

The interview with Neil Strauss was unbearable for this. He obviously saw Strauss as some major misogynist and his contempt was palpable. Strauss wrote a few slimy books in his time, but the idea that he should inspire that kind of reaction was laughable. Maybe this is unfair, but I see this as being indicative of Ray 2.0, post Jenny. He always seems to have to go out of his way to moralise and pontificate on anything related to women's issues as if to show how much of a good man he is. Then when you see how he treats someone like Pamela Anderson, you see it's all an act. Remember the old Ray, and the running joke of salivating over Velcro Girl? The new Ray would tut and roll his eyes at her attire and ask her if her teenage sons defend her honour and whether their friends jack off to her picture.

As was the interview with some guy who voted No in the Marriage Equality Referendum.

He doesn't seem to be able to separate his own views and beliefs from the persona of an entertainment presenter.

I think the most damning thing about the Danny Healy-Rae interview was it showed how much of an intellectual lightweight he is. The way to make Healy-Rae sweat would have been to remain calm and ask the questions, give him the rope and let him hang himself. Instead he started shouting and hung up. I mean, if you can't hold your own against a man whose mouth functions as a sewage disposal unit, what does it say about you. He invited him on so that he could pick apart Healy-Rae's ludicrous proposal, but he wasn't prepared as usual and Healy-Rae outsmarted him, I think. He was able to spin it as city people hating the country way of life and how intolerant they are of traditional Ireland.

And yes, the Healy-Raes dined out for this on weeks. It was the best he could have gotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I had to watch this on the RTÉ Player to see how bad it was.

"And there you are on your knees" and other ****ty juvenile "jokes" and innuendo

He is an absolute tool

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Anderson has a great life story to tell and it would be great to see a proper candid interview with her done by someone like Parkinson in his prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭garra

George Hook managed to get a photo, would have been nice to see how he would have done an interview with her...

CT8UmIDWsAAdpsD.jpg

https://twitter.com/ghook/status/666273916030230528/photo/1

Stalker enquiry

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

She was probably relieved to be away from the sneery,leerey smart arse D,Arcy and delighted that she met a real fan,even if it was G. Hook..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,296 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They were ripping the pi$$ out of Rays interview with Pamela on Republic Of Telly.

• Advertisement

They were ripping the pi$$ out of Rays interview with Pamela on Republic Of Telly.
    i saw it....jaysus they went fairly hard on him

Had a look after reading your post AD. What an embarrassament. Juvenile interview methods at its worst.:mad:

Had a look after reading your post AD. What an embarrassament. Juvenile interview methods at its worst.:mad:
    it was like he and his team wrote out a load of crap sex jokes and built the interview around them...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

it was like he and his team wrote out a load of crap sex jokes and built the interview around them...

It wasn't "like" that. I think it actually was that.

More innuendo than a Benny Hill sketch.!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

i saw it....jaysus they went fairly hard on him

Looks like he lined it right up for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

So is anything going to happen D'Arcy over that interview? It was absolutely disgraceful.

So is anything going to happen D'Arcy over that interview? It was absolutely disgraceful.

Yep,he gets Monday's off to see his therapist :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

The BAI will make a judgement in due course.
    If it's ruled that Ray overstepped the mark, the judgement and it's reasons will be read out before a show.

What will happen to Ray? Very little publicly.... Although a slap on the wrists in private should be in order.

• Advertisement

padd b1975 wrote: »
    The BAI will make a judgement in due course.
    If it's ruled that Ray overstepped the mark, the judgement and it's reasons will be read out before a show.

What will happen to Ray? Very little publicly.... Although a slap on the wrists in private should be in order.
    dunno....i reckon his team and RTE were in on it....looked like an attempt at being edgey!! eg "Stacked" who even uses that word....clearly it was a well thoought out i'll conceived attempt at a set up piece.

Advertisement