Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray Darcy Show - November 14th ****(10:20pm)*****

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

I think VW have bigger problems than ray Darcy, there reputation is past any damage he's show could do it!

IMO VW's association with Darcy is more damaging to their brand than the revelations of the defeat devices used in their USA vehicles

.... that's an indictment on how terrible Raymond Darcy is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I thought Hook might give out about the treatment of his favourite woman but apparently they let him back stage so he'll hardly give out about them

• Registered Users Posts: 54,865 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I thought Hook might give out about the treatment of his favourite woman but apparently they let him back stage so he'll hardly give out about them

Another sleaze is Hook!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

pm1977x wrote: »
    What job did his wife get...what's her name...can't think of it as he never mentions her? ;)

Has he got any children do you know? Never mentions the family.

Has he got any children do you know? Never mentions the family.

Are. You. For. Real???

Tune in to his radio show any day !!! It's a constant part of his show . My wife, my kids.....Jenny Jenny Jenny, Kate Tom Kate Tom Jenny Kate Tom etc etc etc . Nobody mentions his wife and kids by name as much as D'arcy . Never Pat Kenny, never Tubridy , never Gaybo back in the day .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Did he mean to come across so disparaging i wonder????

I mean even when she turned it on him to say he had an exciting life (or something or other) he goes "no, well I have a lovely family like".

Now I think he meant it in the sense of "no sure I'm just a boring family man" but the way he says it just sounds like he thinks he's great and perfect and everyone else is below him (especially someone who wore a pair of red togs for a tv show and made a sex tape).

And he didn't even listen to her about baywatch - it did have a "good" message every week. It was very much a family tv show. We watched it every week in our house and not because we were sleazing, we were children ffs, it was a show for children and their parents.

Seriously who wrote his questions - him or someone else? Disgraceful.

I really agree with the poster who thinks transition year students are involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Are. You. For. Real???

Tune in to his radio show any day !!! It's a constant part of his show . My wife, my kids.....Jenny Jenny Jenny, Kate Tom Kate Tom Jenny Kate Tom etc etc etc . Nobody mentions his wife and kids by name as much as D'arcy . Never Pat Kenny, never Tubridy , never Gaybo back in the day .

Your sarcasm detector must not be working today;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Are. You. For. Real???

Um turn the little sarcasm button on there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Alex Meier

amdublin wrote: »
    And he didn't even listen to her about baywatch - it did have a "good" message every week. It was very much a family tv show. We watched it every week in our house and not because we were sleazing, we were children ffs, it was a show for children and their parents.

Darcy mentioned the effect that Baywatch had on the nations male teenagers. . . Nothing like a bit of implied masturbation on a Saturday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

Alex Meier wrote: »
    amdublin wrote: »

Darcy mentioned the effect that Baywatch had on the nations male teenagers. . . Nothing like a bit of implied masturbation on a Saturday night

It was even worse than that, he asked her if her sons were aware of the effect her mother had on other teenage boys. I'd swear he said something about them defending her honour or something. There was some pervy little scenario playing out in his head, probably of the two sons protecting their mother, the fallen woman.

It would be great to make him uncomfortable and answer back 'why are you so interested in teenage boys masturbating?'. I'd loved to see the panicked look on his polished dome then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,544 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

George Hook managed to get a photo, would have been nice to see how he would have done an interview with her...

CT8UmIDWsAAdpsD.jpg

https://twitter.com/ghook/status/666273916030230528/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

She is a fabulous looking woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Watched it there and ya its cringe,I hate that talking over her,very disrespectful.

Your sarcasm detector must not be working today;)

Ha

Thank God you explained that one to me !! I was almost apoplectic writing it 😀.....duh!!

I was away at the weekend so didn't see it . It seems to have been taken down off RTE player ..... anyone got a link ??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It looks like the whole RTE player is down.

503 Service Unavailable.

I was away at the weekend so didn't see it . It seems to have been taken down off RTE player ..... anyone got a link ??

Are you serious? It's been taken down?

It was there yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

You will get it there on the player, talking about one of Ray's subjects height, he can only be 5'6'' ish as Pamela has 2'' on him with her high heels. She is listed as 5'6''.

That is so strange. I watched it on the player yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It's back. Might be because of more traffic during the match.

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/the-ray-darcy-show-extras-30003588/10493035/

• Advertisement

As an RTE employee, his salary will now be published by the State broadcaster in two years time, which does annoy him.
    And Ray admitted: I would prefer if people didn t know what I was earning, but I definitely wasn t motivated by money.

I wonder what he is motivated by then, because he seems perpetually ticked off, joyless and miserable.

It's one thing that these huge RTE White Elephants get paid so much, but D'arcy is the one of the few who have no pretense of professionalism or respect for anyone he feels doesn't measure up to his lofty ideals and views.

He comes across as a big spoilt child, and there wouldn't be a point sending a critical text to his show about any of his various tantrums because he just reads texts from those who lick his arse and he gets constant validation from the various lickspittles in his studio. If he gets texts that he even slightly disagrees with, he acts with sneering contempt, or at the very least, one of his trademark "look what I have to put up with" sighs.

Mooney slowly wrecked his own show with the help of a few tedious hangers-on and by the end it was an extended promo for Eurovision, Louis Walsh, Mary Byrne, etc. But even though I think the show became unbearable, at least Mooney was a good communicator and broadcaster. I mean, I couldn't believe it when I heard this: https://soundcloud.com/tuairisc/ray-darcy-1. Or this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhpS1adQQkg

Typical D'arcy, rather than raising the Nuacht issue in production meetings, he throws a big spoilt tantrum on air and eventually the sheer embarrassment of him putting RTE bigwigs on the spot like that allows him to get his way. If they didn't give him his way he'd probably tut every day and sigh at the ridiculousness of having to do a part of his job he doesn't like.

His rant at Healy Rae was both hilarious and spot on. He gets kudos for that. Spot on he was. Funny, in all the times that I have heard him that snippet was his most articulate and sensible.

walshb wrote: »
    His rant at Healy Rae was both hilarious and spot on. He gets kudos for that. Spot on he was. Funny, in all the times that I have heard him that snippet was his most articulate and sensible.

I agree that Healy Rae is a clown and his plan was ridiculous and even contemptible, but, no I don't think that what D'arcy did was correct.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

This show really is low hanging fruit for the Republic of Telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I didn't realaise he got rid of the Nuacht. What a cock(as James May would say) Has he got dirt on the DG ?

I didn't realaise he got rid of the Nuacht. What a cock(as James May would say) Has he got dirt on the DG ?

Of course he has, the DG rubber stamped a €500k pa deal for Ray and also hired his wife and broke back pal Will too

DG saddled the license fee payer for probably €750k pa

Ray has him by the nuts, thing is DG announced he was stepping down 10 days ago, I wonder is it the Darcy Farce that's sending him early?

I agree that Healy Rae is a clown and his plan was ridiculous and even contemptible, but, no I don't think that what D'arcy did was correct.

Ray sounded a bit too aggressive, but Healy was so ridiculous that it had to be bluntly exposed. I thought it was very funny when Ray cut right across him to say that he had a headache. It was the exact feeling I got listening to Healy's absolute waffle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Ray sounded a bit too aggressive, but Healy was so ridiculous that it had to be bluntly exposed. I thought it was very funny when Ray cut right across him to say that he had a headache. It was the exact feeling I got listening to Healy's absolute waffle.

That's Ray D'Arcy in a nutshell.

He rang up Healy Rae for the sole purpose of having a go at him, there was never any intention of an interview. Nonsense and unprofessional. Ray playing the big man 'I've had my rant on my show and that's all that matters'.

The idea is nonsense, but by giving him publicity Ray played right into his hands, its what the Healy Rae clan thrive on...'look what we're trying to,do for ye, and them big lads in Dublin are against us, we're the only ones ye can trust'.

Danny Healy Rae made serious political capital put of that, the best solution is to give him zero publicity, not that crap that D'Arcy is at. If, as a presenter you can't engage someone in a debate who you specifically ring up and invite on your show, then don't ring them up in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭furiousox

Has he made any comment about the Pamela Anderson interview?

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

The fact is that Irish presenters/journalists trying to put down/catch out/ridicule interviewees is a common theme...Ray is always at it..so is Miriam, Sharon ni Bheolain at the Web summit a few weeks back Dobson...they love attacking the person they invite on to speak and score a few cheap shots to feel good about themselves.

Advertisement