Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan €4,000 Scrappage Deal and the Nissan Note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You'd get an nct cancellation handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I haven't the cash to service and NCT it to be honest, am going to the credit union tomorrow to see about a loan, might have to borrow the full amount for the car, which means I'll have two cars! The Panda is a wreck, no one will buy it. Feck sakes :(

Tbh, if you don't have the cash to nct then you don't need a 151 car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

embee wrote: »
    Really want to go for the Note but my current car (05 Panda) has no NCT :(

How long is the Nct out? If less than 6 month's then you can trade it.

July 2014, so too long.

I don't really see the point in spending the money on the NCT and the service etc. because the car is worth nothing. I won't get an NCT before the end of February and the offer is over then so argh, I'll miss the boat.

I have the cash if I have to NCT it but it seems like a waste considering I'll miss the closing date of the deal.

And no one "needs" a 151 car, but I want one. I've had ould bangers of cars my whole driving life and now, I have started a new permanent job and can afford a brand new car, so why shouldn't I have one? My job will involve a certain amount of driving (including doing home visits throughout five counties) and as my job is with the HSE, there is no company car. I'd like a brand new car as it'll be cheaper to run and safer to drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

July 2014, so too long.

I don't really see the point in spending the money on the NCT and the service etc. because the car is worth nothing. I won't get an NCT before the end of February and the offer is over then so argh, I'll miss the boat.

I have the cash if I have to NCT it but it seems like a waste considering I'll miss the closing date of the deal.........

buy something cheap with an NCT and trade that in to avail of the offer

( or does it have to have been yours for X years )

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

July 2014, so too long.

I have the cash if I have to NCT it but it seems like a waste considering I'll miss the closing date of the deal.

And no one "needs" a 151 car, but I want one. I've had ould bangers of cars my whole driving life and now, I have started a new permanent job and can afford a brand new car, so why shouldn't I have one? My job will involve a certain amount of driving (including doing home visits throughout five counties) and as my job is with the HSE, there is no company car. I'd like a brand new car as it'll be cheaper to run and safer to drive.

You don't see the point spending €55 to automatically get €4k off a new car. Em am I missing something here????

Well it wouldn't be 55 euro. It'd be that plus the cost of a pre-NCT service, new tyres. The petrol gauge is dodgy on it so that'll have to be fixed. The buckle on the middle rear seatbelt is broken also. I won't be able to get it NCT'd before the end of February so it's a moot point.

The offer will probably be extended. Nissan sales were still small in January despite giving the cars away so I'd be surprised if they didn't continue.

Opel are doing a similar deal too.

Allso consider 0% finance deals and PCP deals on other cars, they'd get your monthly repayments down to a similar level as the note.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The offer will probably be extended. Nissan sales were still small in January despite giving the cars away so I'd be surprised if they didn't continue.

Opel are doing a similar deal too.

Allso consider 0% finance deals and PCP deals on other cars, they'd get your monthly repayments down to a similar level as the note.

Any idea what Opel are doing ?

• Advertisement

deisediva wrote: »

It varies depending on model AFAIK. They're doing 0% finance as well though, which if you're financing is significant.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

My 05 Astra was stolen & crashed yesterday. Its a write off. Can I use it for this deal. Wouldn't mind the Note. Its NCT'd etc etc as was driving it until Monday myself. Am I totally deluded?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Insignia scrappage allowance of €4,500, Astra scrappage allowance of €3,500, Mokka and Corsa scrappage allowance of €3,000

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Was very interested in getting a new Leaf as I only drive 40KM each day to and from work. However at weekends I drive from Cavan to Dublin 7 to visit my paretns and I doubt very much I would get there and back without having to charge the car. Looking at the map of charge points there are no fast charge points in my area at all. Dont fancy having to sit in my car for 2 hours while I charge it in Dublin to come home. Prob a stupid question but is there a portable charge pack that can be bought for this car that I could hook up at my parents house?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

embee if it is simply to pass the nct, get partworn tyres, they cost as good as nothing. In my opinion you would get a cancellation if you rang everday in the morning, a few calls for a potential few grand is worth it! Also if you miss the nissan deadline, you can keep the Panda or if you choose to sell it, it will be worth a good bit more with nct... You dont need to get the car serviced if going for the Nissan deal. Forget the pre NCT service, its a money racket, you put the car through nct, see what happens and take it from there, unless you know it is a sure fail on something that isnt a visual check, i.e. you will be charged for the retest...
    BUT YOU THINK YOU CAN’T AFFORD A NEW CAR;
    Choosing Nissan Go PCP means you’ll enjoy greater peace of mind and benefit from lower running costs too – why?

You’re always under manufacture's warranty
    You will always have roadside assistance
    You won't require an NCT
    You’ll have a more efficient modern car
    Lower CO2 emissions means lower road tax
    You’ll always have the latest safety innovations

I love the above, all true, but generally people driving these kind of cars wont exactly be coming from German cars with big engines, most will probably save a miniscule amount on tax, no mention of the depreciation and cost of interest which will be several grand a year though...

stimpson wrote: »
    Will do.

There is an outside chance the father-in-law will buy a new set of wipers in the meantime and put off changing the car so he can get his moneys worth.

I said I'd post back... It wasn't wipers - it was glow plugs.

Anyway, we got him into the local Opel dealer during the week and got an ex Demo Corsa with 2K worth of extras for 14k. That's less than a new Corsa with scrappage. Head and shoulders above the Note in nearly every way.

One thing I'll say for Opel is that they were very clear about the delivery charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It varies depending on model AFAIK. They're doing 0% finance as well though, which if you're financing is significant.

Any chance you know if the 0% Finance is that PCP or hire purchase. And if a huge deposit required? À

Still looking at cars my one is on last legs but has current nct and taxed at moment.

Will they give the discount on demo models? Have been looking at the mokka or pulsar purely on price and would get nothing for my car on normal trade in or even selling private. Do they test drive trade in a look or just look over it ?

Any chance you know if the 0% Finance is that PCP or hire purchase. And if a huge deposit required? À

Still looking at cars my one is on last legs but has current nct and taxed at moment.

Will they give the discount on demo models? Have been looking at the mokka or pulsar purely on price and would get nothing for my car on normal trade in or even selling private. Do they test drive trade in a look or just look over it ?

I think you can put your scrappage allowance towards the deposit. The father in law didn't get scrappage in the ex-demo, but he essentially got it as the car was valued at ~4.5 grand and its a 2003 Berlingo with 250000 miles and broken rear suspension, broken central locking, a dodgy replacement clutch that you need superpowers to be able to engage, a rear door that doesn't open from the outside, smells of dog... They didn't even drive it afaik.

At the end of the day, if they want to shift a demo it will have to be priced below a new car. My advice is to go in and see what your cost to change is. They be hingry for the business this time of year. Opel deal is on until the DNS of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ChicaneAuto

With PCP it's not always best to go for the lowest possible APR. if you get very low APR, the finance provider will try to get their money back by setting the balloon higher, which means the difference between the actual market value in 3 years will likely be little or no more than the GMFV(balloon) so your equity will be quite low, so you will end up needing to come up with much more cash deposit next time round to get anywhere near the monthly figure on the first car.

It's worth taking the pain in little bits per month than having to stump up a fortune or having huge monthly repayments on the second at on PCP.

Also it's wise to put in around 20% deposit on the first car, because the trade in value will likely be worth around 20% more than the GMFV at the end of the plan, meaning your payment should be quite predictable if you trade in for a similar but newer model. We call it a balanced deal, and try our best to get our customers to bear it in mind and plan for affordability next time round but some people are too hung up on APR shopping and the lowest possible monthly figure without the right level of foresight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bjm

I am looking at the Nissan scrappage deal.

Are nissan bothered what state the car is?... As long as its taxed and has recent NCT.
    Just wondering as my daily drive has a water leak, which is progressively getting worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

bjm wrote: »

Are nissan bothered what state the car is?... As long as its taxed and has recent NCT.
    Just wondering as my daily drive has a water leak, which is progressively getting worse.

Once it drives.
    has nct
    and is taxed.

So as long as you can drive it to the dealer there's no problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

bjm wrote: »

We did the entire deal before they even looked at the trade in. Just showed them our NCT,Insurance and Tax to prove it was ok.

Day of exchange was the same,everything finalised and drove away without anyone checking the trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seekaay

Just to clarify the terms for anyone still interested...

Car has to be at least 10 years old, but they will accept an 06

Car has to hold a valid NCT

Car has to be taxed in current owners name for last 6 months.

As long as you have these you'll get the 4,000 off a new car only. Only other issue is the new car has to go into the name the trade car is registered to. As far as I'm aware the deal is on till the end of March, but that was the same for Jan and Feb so could well be April next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

I brought in a '97 Micra that had failed the NCT the previous week.

They said they'd give me 3.5K, maybe even the entire 4K, of a new car.

I'm tempted by the Pulsar as I'll keep it pretty much forever and the Micra is allot to repair.

I suspect they'll want to give me the 142 display model that's been in the forecourt for a while now... :/

They said they'd give me 3.5K, maybe even the entire 4K, of a new car :/

Sounds odd, they'll either get the rebate from nissan or they won't. Try a different garage.

I brought in a '97 Micra that had failed the NCT the previous week.

They said they'd give me 3.5K, maybe even the entire 4K, of a new car.

I'm tempted by the Pulsar as I'll keep it pretty much forever and the Micra is allot to repair.

I suspect they'll want to give me the 142 display model that's been in the forecourt for a while now... :/

You won't be given a 142 the discount is off a new car only. The offer of 3,500 for a car that doesn't fully qualify is normal. Nissan will not cover the full subsidy so the garage cannot offer you the full amount.

In my opinion you should take the deal for 3,500. There is limited stock left and any car that won't be ready until June has the new euro 6 engine in it meaning its at least €500 more expensive. The Pulsar is already underpriced for what you get in order to get some market share so your getting great value.

For anyone looking for Nissans,

Micra - June delivery earliest.
    Note - available in xe and very short supply in SV
    Juke - all models available as long as your open to colour.
    Qashqai - most models most colours
    Pulsar - limited availability in petrol and diesel.
    X-trail - may/June

Hope this helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Is the scrappage deal still going?

deise08 wrote: »
    Is the scrappage deal still going?

Yes until the end of April, and then probably until the end of May...and so on...

Stock is diminishing however, and if you can't get your new car until June your out e500 for the new euro 6 engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Whats the new engine like - will it be any more economical - has it been realised in other countries?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

seekaay wrote: »
    Yes until the end of April, and then probably until the end of May...and so on...

Stock is diminishing however, and if you can't get your new car until June your out e500 for the new euro 6 engine.

What is the stock like on the Leaf?

Advertisement