Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan €4,000 Scrappage Deal and the Nissan Note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,213 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Shame, if I had 4k added on to my 10k car, I'd say I would probably take the plunge for a Leaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Good to see the Leaf being included in this but the 10% apr over 5 years is saucy enough, having said that, I'd qualify for this & quite fancy a new leaf but not ready financially for another 5 months or so, hopefully they let the scheme run, I'll keep an eye on this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Good to see the Leaf being included in this but the 10% apr over 5 years is saucy enough, having said that, I'd qualify for this & quite fancy a new leaf but not ready financially for another 5 months or so, hopefully they let the scheme run, I'll keep an eye on this

Ditto on the above.
    I hope it runs for another 2 months at least. I just taxed my own car lol and I'm saving for a month long holiday later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Jaysus.
    Might head to belgard on my day off this week so.
    Foook. That's a really good deal. Hard to, ahem, leaf it behind. :cool:

How much does home charging cost for say 100km?

colm_mcm wrote: »

About €2 I'd say approx, I only do about 10,000km a year & charging from home only, which I could do easily, I reckon €200 a year or thereabouts in electricity would cover me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,724 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Id say the deal will end like its supposed to at the end of this month but will probably be back around May,June or July maybe in time for the 152 plates.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I've seen estimates on the EV facebook group of 1.50-2.00 depending on your rates for electricity. Obviously night rate is cheaper.
    AMKC wrote: »
    Id say the deal will end like its supposed to at the end of this month but will probably be back around May,June or July maybe in time for the 152 plates.
    Hopefully!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

I've seen estimates on the EV facebook group of 1.50-2.00 depending on your rates for electricity. Obviously night rate is cheaper.

Hopefully!

Who needs electric vehicles these days when I filled up my car on Diesel for 1.139 a litre yesterday at Applegreen, Ballincollig. Back in Dublin, it was 1.16 a litre at my local garage.

And guess what I didn't have to wait hours for it to re-fill :D

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Who needs electric vehicles these days when I filled up my car for 1.139 yesterday at Applegreen, Ballincollig. Back in Dublin, it was 1.16 at my local garage.

And guess what I didn't have to wait hours for it to re-fill :D

Few minutes to 80%, and I bet you paid more than €1 (or free if you use the public system) for 100 km!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Few minutes to 80%, and I bet you paid more than €1 (or free if you use the public system) for 100 km!

Yes, you have a point and I was trying to be humorous! :confused:

However, the distance range of a leaf is about 100 miles on a lucky day with no wind driving behind an artic lorry where as my diesel distance range is 650 miles.

And the fast charge locations between Cork and Dublin are not as plentiful as you might think.

• Advertisement

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Yes, you have a point and I was trying to be humorous! :confused:

However, the distance range of a leaf is about 100 miles on a lucky day with no wind driving behind an artic lorry where as my diesel distance range is 650 miles.

And the fast charge locations between Cork and Dublin are not as plentiful as you might think.

At the moment for most, the Leaf is still only 100% viable as the second car, for us it would suit perfectly as I'm only ever pottering around the town & I can't remember the last time I ever had to go anywhere in the middle of the night.

I only do a couple of hundred km's a week so would easily get away with two charges a week at home either in the evening, overnight or weekend

Switching to a leaf would only save me €18 a week approx in fuel but still the bones of 1k a year, looking at petrol cars at the mo & there isn't a huge amount to get excited about, looking at 12 reg, civics, leons, astras, etc at 16kish but would possibly stretch the budget to a 152 or 161 Leaf if the offer stays or they reintroduce it

Anyone know how long they take to charge from 0 at a home charge point?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

If anyone was thinking about this, it seems it's been extended to the end of Feb.

Hopefully the father-in-law can make up his mind about trading in his 250000 mile Berlingo by then...

stimpson wrote: »
    If anyone was thinking about this, it seems it's been extended to the end of Feb.

Hopefully the father-in-law can make up his mind about trading in his 250000 mile Berlingo by then...

I was half considering it.
    Seems like it is ended, or the webpage is not updated
    http://www.nissan.ie/offers/new-vehicles/nissan-scrappage-%E2%82%AC4000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TimHorton

No there was an ad on Radio 1 yesterday saying it was extended but did not mention end of Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TimHorton

pollocks wrote: »
    Just to say it is worth haggling even with the scrapage deal. I managed to get €5095 off a new Nissan micra for the mother in law, trading in a wreck of a 02 vitara not a straight panel on her

Hi , Can you PM the name of the Dealer

Windsor seem to be making the most of this, they were the first to advertise that the leaf was included aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Reading the T&Cs there... My wife has an 03 Megane which has no NCT since the start of January, planning to scrap it but it looks like I could possible trade it in on this?

"have a valid NCT and Road Tax certificate, or one that has expired no more than 6 months prior to date of trade-in."

Am I reading that correctly?

mloc123 wrote: »
    Reading the T&Cs there... My wife has an 03 Megane which has no NCT since the start of January, planning to scrap it but it looks like I could possible trade it in on this?

"have a valid NCT and Road Tax certificate, or one that has expired no more than 6 months prior to date of trade-in."

Yes that would meet the criteria as described.
    I've a micra sitting up for months here (less than 6) that also meets the criteria but would need trailering down there!

Is it just me or have they added 2k to the price of the leaf?
    http://www.windsor.ie/new-cars/Nissan/Leaf.aspx

mloc123 wrote: »

Yep - and it must have been insured for 3 months of the previous 18.

• Advertisement

Is it just me or have they added 2k to the price of the leaf?
    http://www.windsor.ie/new-cars/Nissan/Leaf.aspx

And they added 1K to the Note. Might explain the 5K discount that pollocks got.

So essentially its a 2k scrappage deal, masked with a 4k banner and a 2k price increase, which will form the cash discount if no scrappage.

Windsor seem to be the only Nissan dealer with their own website. Everyone elses seems to be a skinned version of Nissan.ie. Maybe Windsor haven't updated their prices?

anyway, I'll be going in on Saturday and basing my prices on Nissan.ie :)

Windsor seem to be the only Nissan dealer with their own website. Everyone elses seems to be a skinned version of Nissan.ie. Maybe Windsor haven't updated their prices?

anyway, I'll be going in on Saturday and basing my prices on Nissan.ie :)

Grand, let us know how you get on?

Grand, let us know how you get on?

Will do.

There is an outside chance the father-in-law will buy a new set of wipers in the meantime and put off changing the car so he can get his moneys worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

Are any of the other manufacturers offering anything close to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Do you have to take Nissan's finance, or could you get your own?

No obligation on finance apparently, although the website seems to imply it.

No obligation on finance apparently, although the website seems to imply it.

The website gives an example of HP finance, with ownership outright after 5 years and no final balloon payment,
    Doesnt seem to be anything precluding one from taking either PCP or a cash sale however.

• Advertisement

A previous poster paid cash I think.

Advertisement