Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Tiger is full of cheap tat. Horrible store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

bigpink wrote: »
    Scare Factory are opening a Christmas one

My lady friend is doing that again.

Your man who runs it is the biggest chancer. The one at Halloween was horribly organised. The staff had no contracts and the queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭pigtown

UL opening a campus information point/ merchandise store in the SU courtyard. I think in the unit that O'Mahoney's vacated a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I was in a Tiger store overseas recently, they're not tat. We wanted to bring half the place back with us! Think of it as like a high street IKEA (but not furniture based), lots of household stuff in the one we were in anyway.

Maybe reign in the negative reactions and judge the shop for yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

The Tiger chain was recently mention in the Irish Times.

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/we-hate-indifference-the-rise-of-tiger-stores-1.2021706

Been to the one in Newbridge and agree with leakyboots, it's very hard not to want to take it all home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

Tiger is far from tat!! Cant wait to be able to get my hands on their steak rubs again!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

leakyboots wrote: »
    I was in a Tiger store overseas recently, they're not tat. We wanted to bring half the place back with us! Think of it as like a high street IKEA (but not furniture based), lots of household stuff in the one we were in anyway.

Maybe reign in the negative reactions and judge the shop for yourself?

Judge the shop for myself? I did judge the shop for myself. I was in one in Cork. It was full of tat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Silverwood relocating to old NIB unit on cruises street means with tiger coming only one empty unit left

Good to see the street filling up again. New chipper gone in to where the hot corner was. On Henry st beside the garage. Ginos I think it's called. Not sure when it's opening but it looked nearly ready to go. Proper chipper by the looks of things, not just another grey meat kebab shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I take it Tiger is going into Game then? Decent sized shop for it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Vanquished

sioda wrote: »
    Silverwood relocating to old NIB unit on cruises street means with tiger coming only one empty unit left

Irish Nationwide actually. 😠Now that you mention it the former NIB on Patrick Street is lying empty and would make for a prime retail unit if renovated. I'd like to see more of this happening in the city centre.

I take it Tiger is going into Game then? Decent sized shop for it! :)

Maybe. Would that make every unit on Cruises street occupied again? Can't remember the last time I walked down Cruises Street in daylight/sober :o

New mini market opened on corner of Henry Street and Clontarf Place recently. Was in there and it's very nice. Friendly staff too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Rene Cusack's have opened a small fish and chip shop in the Milk Market. The fish there is divine. Best I've had in Limerick, I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

zulutango wrote: »
    Rene Cusack's have opened a small fish and chip shop in the Milk Market. The fish there is divine. Best I've had in Limerick, I would say.

I got some halibut there and it was good enough for Jehovah

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I got some halibut there and it was good enough for Jehovah

BLASPHEMER!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

The Cellar Door coffee shop re-opening, but in Cobblestone Joes.

https://www.facebook.com/cellar.door.7967/posts/1514126848859946

roast wrote: »
    The Cellar Door coffee shop re-opening, but in Cobblestone Joes.

https://www.facebook.com/cellar.door.7967/posts/1514126848859946

I'm intrigued as to how that will work. I don't think the pub opens until the evening time during the week anyhow. How will they co-exist at the weekends?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

Vanquished wrote: »
    I'm intrigued as to how that will work. I don't think the pub opens until the evening time during the week anyhow. How will they co-exist at the weekends?

Might try to work alongside each other, a pub menu and a coffee/food menu ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

There is already something similar happening in The Orchard

• Advertisement

Top notch idea. Daytime drinking is a thing of the past,hopefully they both do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

During the day, would it be a pub that sells coffee though or a coffee shop that sells alcohol?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

BLASPHEMER!

Who threw that stone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

RINO87 wrote: »
    Top notch idea. Daytime drinking is a thing of the past,hopefully they both do well.

Popped in on Saturday and had coffee and a scone, both were nice. A guy at the bar sipping a pint of something so they are going to operate both as a bar and cafe. Best of luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Hook and Ladder are opening in Corbally, in the Old Stans Supermarket unit. They hope to be open in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    A new indian restaurant, Taj, is opening in the old Copper & Spice unit.

Was there today. Place was empty so said id give it a go. Was advertising early bird for 13 euro. Ordered a few bits off the menu (6pm)2 veggies so nothing expensive. Joined by a friend later who had a main course and a coke. Total was 92 euro including 7 euro for 2 americanos :rolleyes: Food was fine. Nothing special..paper napkins etc..I dont live here but sometimes i wonder about ireland...3.50 for an espresso??

Hook and Ladder are opening in Corbally, in the Old Stans Supermarket unit. They hope to be open in March.

Good stuff! I was wondering what was taking them so long! Then again, the Hook and Ladder in town took ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Seems like an odd location.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Odd location and too big too soon I think too

• Advertisement

Odd location and too big too soon I think too

Not at all. There's a large catchment area in Corbally. Plenty of potential customers only a short stroll away. It'll be a great addition to the locality.

Advertisement