Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

The footpaths on O'Connell Street are hideous, they majorly detract from the look of our main street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

The footpaths on O'Connell Street are hideous, they majorly detract from the look of our main street.

And the signage and ill-fitting street furniture! The original elegance of O'Connell Street is well and truly lost at this stage.

Traffic, parking and taxi ranks must be removed from the street too, as a matter of priority. There's so much you could do with the space.

As well as improving O'Connell Street, I think Catherine Street could be one of the more viable streets to pedestrianise. You don't have the same issues with traffic on it, and it's a beautiful street if you try and imagine it without cars parked along it, and electrical wires crossing over it at random intervals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

An expansion rather than a new business but Grove Island Leisure Centre is expanding into the old Xtravision two doors down.

Painters in there tonight.

And the ultimate test of will power ... the chipper is still between the Leisure Centre and Xtravision :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I see there will be a Costa's coffee opening in the old HMV building on Cruise's Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

A new indian restaurant, Taj, is opening in the old Copper & Spice unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

branie2 wrote: »
    I see there will be a Costa's coffee opening in the old HMV building on Cruise's Street.

Yeah, I can't wait! :D Hopefully it stays open well past 6pm!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

New restaurant opening called The Treasury just seen on facebook opening next week at 78 O'Connell st.has 3 five star reviews already lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Yeah, I can't wait! :D Hopefully it stays open well past 6pm!

They won't. Should be 6 Monday - Wednesday. Maybe Thursday will be open later, they do a stock take every Thursday evening.

Friday maybe. I can't remember the closing times of the costas not in a shopping center.

I would not be expecting anything great service wise. The manager is very arrogant and th staff aren't the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

bigpink wrote: »
    New restaurant opening called The Treasury just seen on facebook opening next week at 78 O'Connell st.has 3 five star reviews already lol

How can a restaurant that hasn't opened yet have a rating? I know the answer but FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Noticed that on the facebook pages for a lot of cafes...I won't name them but it was obvious that all the owners friends had just automatically given them 5 stars on the pages rating tab.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

The facebook photos say 78 o Connell street but the info says 74 o Connell st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

bigpink wrote: »
    The facebook photos say 78 o Connell street but the info says 74 o Connell st

Just going by Google Street View, possibly no. 74 because no. 78 looks like an established solicitors' office, and no. 74 is where Marker Square Brasserie is or was.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Noticed that on the facebook pages for a lot of cafes...I won't name them but it was obvious that all the owners friends had just automatically given them 5 stars on the pages rating tab.

Wouldn't it be worse if their friends gave them 1 star!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

Wouldn't it be worse if their friends gave them 1 star!

Nope, it would be better if their friends just helped advertise their new venture, and not give false reviews of a place that isn't even open yet.

I wouldn't be too worried about fake reviews. Once the restaurant opens, the true reviews will determine its future. If it's good, it'll last and if it's not, it will go the same way the last few restaurants have!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Joe Duffy Motors to open a new Audi dealership in the old Singland Motors premises on the Dublin Rd. Thirty jobs.

Butler's Chocolate Café opened in the Crescent this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

chicorytip wrote: »
    Joe Duffy Motors to open a new Audi dealership in the old Singland Motors premises on the Dublin Rd. Thirty jobs.

Can see the headline now TALK TO JOE. How well he do his show now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I wouldn't be too worried about fake reviews. Once the restaurant opens, the true reviews will determine its future. If it's good, it'll last and if it's not, it will go the same way the last few restaurants have!

I find when a restaurant opens you often get people slating the place regardless, maybe some are connected to other restaurants or just have their favourites. Don't know if anyone else notices this, maybe it's just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I was stopped at the lights yesterday and could see into El Toro as they had the door open, the fitout seems very impressive, they've clearly spent a lot of money on it, if the attention to detail is as good with the food they could be onto a winner. It's the typeof food that isn't going to scare anybody away from having a try, even the meat and spuds crew who never look past the Texas Steakout might chance something.
    When is it opening??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Don't know when it opens but liked it on Facebook last night. Had 175 likes at that stage and only two posts with no concrete information.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Shop-fitters inside the unit on the corner of Arthur's quay to the right of the entrance. No idea what they're up to though.

Irwin's Jewellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Shop-fitters inside the unit on the corner of Arthur's quay to the right of the entrance. No idea what they're up to though.

More than likely a pop up shop for Christmas like the calendar shop. Hope I am wrong at its 1 to stay but say not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

More than likely a pop up shop for Christmas like the calendar shop. Hope I am wrong at its 1 to stay but say not

They've been at the Irwin Jewellers unit for weeks so looks like a lot of work for a pop-up shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Saw some work happening today on former Fergusons unit including a number of men in suits present

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Noels Menswear have reopened their full shop having been operating out of half of it for the past six months or so, looks well enough but the brands aren't that exciting. They've added Barbour to their usual lineup.
    Walking around the mens shops in Limerick and comparing them to what's available in Cork and Dublin is depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

there's a new restaurant, Café Crust, almost ready to open, just down from Milano. Facing the river. Looks really nice. If they have outside seating, it'll be lovely place to admire the view :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    there's a new restaurant, Café Crust, almost ready to open, just down from Milano. Facing the river. Looks really nice. If they have outside seating, it'll be lovely place to admire the view :)
    Not too keen on the name!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Cherrycoke wrote: »

It'll have to draw people down Lower Bedford Row and that won't be too easy. In general, the street is a real disappointment. The Harvey's Quay development (Dunnes Stores) killed off any chance of doing something interesting with the street. How that got past the planners is beyond me.

Advertisement