Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

RikkFlair wrote: »
    He's going to be on Second Captains tonight on RTE2 after the Champions League

will watch just for Paddy and then turn it off quickly,the presenters do my bloody nut in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Thought P Hizzle gave a good interview there. You can almost see in his eyes how much he struggles with the position he is in at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i still love him, but for the love of god, every interview i feel like wanting to give him a good shake, he pretty much gave up after winning 3 majors :(:(

how does he expect people to believe what he says when you can see in his eyes he doesn't believe it him self

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

will watch just for Paddy and then turn it off quickly,the presenters do my bloody nut in

I struggle to understand one of them, he talks so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I was just checking the rankings there, and I looked up Paddy. Down 4 to 178. It's just so sad.
    He needs to make a few cuts and get some points on the board. We will obviously never see him at the heights he was before, but we can still see plenty of top 10's left in him if he sorts himself out.

I think.

(I hope).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Correct me if im wrong but I think Padraig has qualified for the Players Championship. Some of you may already know this but I always thought this field was made up of the top 125 in the world rankings the week beforehand as it always held the title, "The best field in golf". However I read somewhere that the top 125 from the PGA money list last year qualifies for TPC Sawgrass. I think Padraig finished 119th last year.

This would be a big boost for Padraig as long as he can amass some points and make the cut because this event carries a ridiculous amount of money and ranking points!

He plays next week in Quail Hollow (another big(ish) PGA Tour event) then the Players (the flagship event)

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Just realised he plays this week???? He's in the field for the Zurich Classic?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭abff

Just realised he plays this week???? He's in the field for the Zurich Classic?

That's a surprise. His website is showing the Wells Fargo Championship in Quail Hollow next week as his next tournament. http://www.padraigharrington.com/latest_news.php

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Dero123

He is not qualified for the TPC in Sawgrass needs to win either this week or next week to get in, the fedex cup points and money list earnings are based on this season and not last season.

http://www.pgatour.com/tourreport/2014/04/21/players-championship-qualifying.html

I'd love to see him give up on playing in America, come back to Europe now from Wentworth onwards, there are big European events coming up through to the British Open and allow him build up the confidence with some good results and let the world ranking take car of itself, it did Paul Casey and Peter Uhilien no harm last year. If you win the right event you get into the World Golf Championships which in turn ensures guaranteed ranking points.

Chasing FedEx Cup and Race to Dubai points is just burning him out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I had a dream last night that Paddy is going to win this week and be -10 on par 5's alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

ForeRight wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that Paddy is going to win this week and be -10 on par 5's alone

I had a dream once also that I had not backed Paddy in every major since 2007!!!!

ssbob wrote: »
    I had a dream once also that I had not backed Paddy in every major since 2007!!!!

Martin Luther had a dream and look how that worked out for him!

Decent first round by Padraig today - 2 under par 70. Four birdies and two bogies. The bogies were down to putting - a three putt from 47 feet and a missed 5 footer.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Correct me if im wrong but I think Padraig has qualified for the Players Championship. Some of you may already know this but I always thought this field was made up of the top 125 in the world rankings the week beforehand as it always held the title, "The best field in golf". However I read somewhere that the top 125 from the PGA money list last year qualifies for TPC Sawgrass. I think Padraig finished 119th last year.

This would be a big boost for Padraig as long as he can amass some points and make the cut because this event carries a ridiculous amount of money and ranking points!

He plays next week in Quail Hollow (another big(ish) PGA Tour event) then the Players (the flagship event)

I was looking into qualification criteria for The Players and this is what I found

Field[edit]
    The field consists of 145 players consisting of the following criteria:

Winners of PGA Tour events since last Players
    Top 30 from previous season's FedEx Cup
    Top 125 from previous season's money list
    Top 125 from current season - Medical Extension
    Majors champions from the past five years
    Top 50 from the Official World Golf Ranking
    Senior Players champion from prior year
    Web.com Tour money leader from prior regular season (effective in 2014). Previously, the season money leader earned a Players place.
    Money leader during the Web.com Tour Finals, if not the regular-season money leader (effective in 2014)
    Current year FedEx Cup points leaders (top 10 plus alternates from 11th place)

As Padraig finished 116th in the money list in 2013 why has he not qualified?

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    I was looking into qualification criteria for The Players and this is what I found

Field[edit]
    The field consists of 145 players consisting of the following criteria:

Winners of PGA Tour events since last Players
    Top 30 from previous season's FedEx Cup
    Top 125 from previous season's money list
    Top 125 from current season - Medical Extension
    Majors champions from the past five years
    Top 50 from the Official World Golf Ranking
    Senior Players champion from prior year
    Web.com Tour money leader from prior regular season (effective in 2014). Previously, the season money leader earned a Players place.
    Money leader during the Web.com Tour Finals, if not the regular-season money leader (effective in 2014)
    Current year FedEx Cup points leaders (top 10 plus alternates from 11th place)

As Padraig finished 116th in the money list in 2013 why has he not qualified?

I thought that too. I know that qualification for a card on the PGA Tour changed last year from top 125 in the money list to top 125 in the Fedex Cup, with a one year transitional arrangement whereby those finishing in the top 125 of the money list but not the top 125 for the Fedex Cup would retain their card for the current season.

Have they also changed the qualification for the Players Championship so that it's based on the Fedex Cup (but without the money list transitional arrangement)? I've tried searching the internet for an answer, but haven't been able to find anything definitive.

It would be nice to know.

Jimdagym wrote: »

Thanks for that link. If we take that at face value, it looks as if the qualification rules have been changed to link eligibility to final FedEx Cup rankings. A bit unfortunate for Padraig, but I guess not a lot is going right for him at present.

Just birdied the 1st (his 10th) to be 3 under and 1 shot inside the cut line. A nervous couple of hours ahead!

abff wrote: »
    Just birdied the 1st (his 10th) to be 3 under and 1 shot inside the cut line. A nervous couple of hours ahead!

Here we go. Come on Paddy. You have had enough weekends off at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Please make sure you're strapped in tight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Gone to -4, on the green with a 25footer for birdie on 3

Dropped shots on 4th and 6th. Now on the cut mark with 3 to play. Not sure I can bear to watch.:confused::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

This thread and shot tracker on a Friday evening? Or self-flagellation?
    Kudos to the commitment of those who take the tougher option and follow Paudge.

Looks as if the cut may go to -3. Needs to birdie one of the last 3 to be sure of making the cut. I'm not sure I'm able for this.

Par 5 on the 7th. Now tied 71st. Needs to birdie the par 4 8th or par 3 9th to be sure of making the cut. This is becoming WAY too stressful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

whos he playing with?

Chad Campbell and Jeff Overton.

Par 4 on the 8th and currently tied 69th at 2 under with nearly half the field still out on the course. It seems likely that a birdie 2 will be required to make the cut.

No birdie on 9.

Next week lads, believe.

• Advertisement

Seems likely that he will miss another cut. Time to hit the sack, methinks. Maybe there'll be good news when we wake up tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement