Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Hoping some one will be able to help me ,

Have a SAB Unix Tripple HD (Exact same as Amiko box, just a different badge)

I am trying to get 1.2.51 E2 Boot Upgrade onto the box to allow me put enigma2 onto it,

I made a bit of a mistake when updating the Spark Firmware , as I did not see the 1.2.51 E2 Boot Upgrade firmware on the first page and hit the 1.2.52 by mistake.

This wont allow Spark server to connect to the net ,

I have downloaded 1.2.51 E2 Boot Upgrade onto a USB stick but cant seem to get into the file when I go into "Upgrade By USB "

Can anyone help me out ?

Actually I found the File in PVR folder , but when I go to load it , I am getting "FAILED STBID UNMATCHE" The app section has 1.2.51 but the database section is blank for some reason ,

I got the file from here

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=17145

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

Hoping some one will be able to help me ,

Have a SAB Unix Tripple HD (Exact same as Amiko box, just a different badge)

I am trying to get 1.2.51 E2 Boot Upgrade onto the box to allow me put enigma2 onto it,

I made a bit of a mistake when updating the Spark Firmware , as I did not see the 1.2.51 E2 Boot Upgrade firmware on the first page and hit the 1.2.52 by mistake.

This wont allow Spark server to connect to the net ,

I have downloaded 1.2.51 E2 Boot Upgrade onto a USB stick but cant seem to get into the file when I go into "Upgrade By USB "

Can anyone help me out ?

Thanks

Have you got the Sab version of the Spark firmware?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

smee again wrote: »
    Have you got the Sab version of the Spark firmware?

Yeah ,

Sorry just added on a little edit above , I dont think I have the Sab version of the Firmware , going to search for it now

From what I am reading there all the Same Sab,Amiko,Golden Media,

Can Find a Sab specific version of the 1.2.51 E2 Boot Upgrade online ,

The Amiko one when trying to upgrade from USB

Shows

New 1.2.51
    2.6.32-00

So Im missing Database and U-Boot ,

May just be the USB Stick , Il try again tomorrow

Edit

Just went up and got a new USB , same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Here's a Spark 1.2.65 Rescue Image for SAB boxes. If you can't find any USB key that will load that rescue image it can also be done using a network cable. Sometimes even then it won't load because the receiver isn't reserving enough memory to load the image files. More info on that and flashing from LAN cable in this thread.

Flex

Here's a Spark 1.2.65 Rescue Image for SAB boxes. If you can't find any USB key that will load that rescue image it can also be done using a network cable. Sometimes even then it won't load because the receiver isn't reserving enough memory to load the image files. More info on that and flashing from LAN cable in this thread.

Flex

Thanks for that , a whole other days work there ,

Strange how it will see files on the USB stick but not the rescue files ,

Tried going in direct with the network cable and failed ,

Im on a mac so Il have to try root out a PC for somewhere to get it going :(

• Advertisement

I know the feeling. Are you loading the Rescue Image in the correct way? It is not the same as loading normal Spark firmware.

1. Turn off the Alien 2 completely using switch at the back.
    2. Create a folder in the root of a Fat32 USB Key called 'spark'. Add the two files "mImage" "userfsub.img" to the folder.
    2. Plug key into rear of Alien 2.
    3. Press and hold the OK button at front of Alien2 and flip the power switch on at the back. Hold OK button in until FORC appears on the STB screen. You can release the OK button now.
    4. Press on the up arrow on the STB [^] and [SPAR] should appear on the STB display.
    5. Now Press right arrow [>] then [OK]

This starts the installation of the rescue image. You should see U LD with the LD flashing for about 6 minutes. If you see T TO then the USB key was not recognised, try another or re-format or check spelling of spark folder, case sensitive I think.

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

championc wrote: »
    In CrossEPG, turn OFF the OpenTV 28.4 item

Tried unticking everyhting but OpenTV 28.2 but it freezes while parsing

Its the last thing i need to get sorted and ill never touch it again...lol well not untill next time..

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    I use London HD bouquet and I have the irish saorview channels in favourites along some other uk channels. To load up the epg go into plugins and press crossEpg downlaoder. From now on though it should download automatically when you boot up the box.

Thanks i changed to London HD

I tried doing what you mentioned and loads more before i posted. I didnt even want to post as i hate giving in on a battle..... Everythign else seems to be fine so far now to battle on and figure it out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

kgarvey wrote: »
    Tried unticking everyhting but OpenTV 28.2 but it freezes while parsing

Its the last thing i need to get sorted and ill never touch it again...lol well not untill next time..

If it's freezing it sounds like you're saving to internal flash, it's your drive mounted and set in crossepg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

kgarvey wrote: »
    Thanks i changed to London HD

I tried doing what you mentioned and loads more before i posted. I didnt even want to post as i hate giving in on a battle..... Everythign else seems to be fine so far now to battle on and figure it out..

Is your hard drive formated to ext3 and mounted in the pkt bluepanel? That's the only other reason I can think of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

I have an Alien2 triple tuner.
    Tuners are connected to Terrestial , motor and fixed dish (28.2e)
    One tuner is configured to USALS and was previously working perfectly with a DM800.
    I'm using Hyperion 2 and unable to do a single satellite scan on anything other than 28.2 , when I go into manual scan it's locked on 28.2 and won't let me select anything else.
    The satellites are in the box , when I press yellow for satellites they are all in there , however when I go into the satellites themselves the channels are all greyed out.
    Has anyone else come across this with Hyperion 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

I have an Alien2 triple tuner.
    Tuners are connected to Terrestial , motor and fixed dish (28.2e)
    One tuner is configured to USALS and was previously working perfectly with a DM800.
    I'm using Hyperion 2 and unable to do a single satellite scan on anything other than 28.2 , when I go into manual scan it's locked on 28.2 and won't let me select anything else.
    The satellites are in the box , when I press yellow for satellites they are all in there , however when I go into the satellites themselves the channels are all greyed out.
    Has anyone else come across this with Hyperion 2 ?

you need a different satellites.xml file - you can get it here:
    http://satellites-xml.eu/
    the one on Championcs image is probably only set for 28.2

• Registered Users Posts: 15 snoon

snoon wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if it's possible to stream recordings from the HDD to a Sony PS3?

I don't really know much about openwebif or what it can do - I was going to get a NAS drive like FlexMurphy but maybe it can already do it and I'm just missing the know how.

I'm using Techguys V3 image.

Cheers
    Shaun

Anyone any idea's on the above?
    Nobody using a PS3 to stream?

Cheers
    Shaun

Or if using my image, it was setup with Samba Server ready and working. On your laptop, just map a network drive or click Start, Run

\\Box_IP\hdd
    Trying to set this up but not having any luck, could someone tell me the exact settings the have in the samba server plugin and how they get it it appear in windows. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I notice that when playing back a recorded video on Hyperion 2 or 3 that the video stops every 10-15 minutes and I need to press the right button to get it going again.
    Has anyone else encountered this problem ,I'm trying to deduce whether its a hard drive issue or an image issue .
    Many thanks

.. could someone tell me the exact settings the have in the samba server plugin and how they get it it appear in windows. Thanks

What version of Samba Server did you install? Do you have a link? You might need Python 2.7 as well. Hyperion v2 has Python 2.6 maybe Hyperion v3 is the same.

So far I only got it working by loading up Championcs image. I went into the plugin menu and changed the Workgroup to be the same as the workgroup on my PC.. Control Panel>System in Win7. To delete the existing workgroup name in the plugin screen highlight it and press '1' on the remote.

In case you have Windows 7 here's what I did:
    In 'Network and Sharing Center' I made the Network be 'Home Network' and in 'Change Advanced Sharing Settings' with 'Home Network' as the current profile.. Turn ON Network discovery, File and Printer Sharing and Media Streaming. Use 128-bit encryption. I turned off password protected sharing and I 'Allowed Windows to manage Homegroup connections'. Then 'save changes' and reboot your computer.

Then in a My Computer window the Hyperion Linux filesystem shows up on the left under 'Network' and you can browse all the directories and stream from there directly. Very cool just wish I could set it up on my own image... next challenge figure out how to install Python 2.7!

Flex

Samba Server is a file server that makes the Linux filesystem on Alien 2 available to you on your networked PC. It makes it very easy to drag and drop things onto Alien and stream content off it. Here's what I did to get it working on my PKT Hyperion v2 Image:

On my Windows 7 Laptop:
    In 'Network and Sharing Center' I made the Network be 'Home Network' and in 'Change Advanced Sharing Settings' with 'Home Network' as the current profile.. Turn ON Network discovery, File and Printer Sharing and Media Streaming. Use 128-bit encryption. I turned off password protected sharing and I 'Allowed Windows to manage Homegroup connections'. Then 'save changes' and reboot your computer.

Downloaded Samba Server for Alien2 running Enigma2 from here. If you have to register and don't want to then try here instead.

Installed Samba:
    1. Copied e2_samba.tar.gz into /tmp using Filezilla then opened a Telnet connection using Putty and ran these commands which change working directory to tmp then unzip the archive into the root of PKT Hyperion which installs everything in the right place.
    cd /tmp
    tar -zxvf e2_samba.tar.gz -C /

This version does not have a user interface plugin menu entry such as this version. From my reading you need Python 2.7 to get that to work. Unless you have installed 2.7 yourself you will probably have 2.6 so these instructions are for configuring Samba without a user interface... you just edit a file called smb.conf and it should work.

This is my smb.conf which I have in /etc/samba. Everytime you change it you have to restart Alien2.
    [global]
       server string = PKT Hyperion2 on Enigma2
       interfaces = 192.168.001.101/24
       workgroup = WORKGROUP
       netbios name = ALIEN2
       load printers = no
       guest account = root
       log file = /tmp/smb.log
       security = share

[root]
      comment = System root directory.
      path = /
      read only = no
      public = yes
      browseable = yes
      guest ok = yes
      create mask = 0777
      directory mask = 0777

Change WORKGROUP to whatever yours is and then the shares (root in above example) will just show up in your Windows Explorer no need to Map Network Drives or type address into Start Menu run box. Put your Alien 2 box ip address in for the interfaces. The /24 is necessary, something to do with IP Masquerade and NAT. Other shares can be added like for HDD or MEDIA.

To Start up Samba:
    There's a script file called 'samba' that goes into /etc/init.d. It can be used to start and stop Samba Server. If you want Samba to start automatically every time you restart Alien 2 then you have to add a line to rc.user in /var/config. Here is my rc.user file:
    #! /bin/sh

# Users can add links to own scripts in this file
    /etc/init.d/samba start

To manually Start Samba open a Telnet window and enter this command..
    /etc/init.d/samba start

If you want to Stop Samba:
    /etc/init.d/samba stop

File permissions:
    smb.conf (644)
    smbd and nmbd (755)
    samba in /etc/init.d (755)

If nothing happens then try a reboot. Enjoy!

Flex

For some reason after not watching TV all night the EPG hasappeared.
    smee again wrote: »
    If it's freezing it sounds like you're saving to internal flash, it's your drive mounted and set in crossepg?

New i should have had a hard drive donnected... used to my VU+ Duo having hard drive internally.... Must get a new hard drive for this Box then...
    Is your hard drive formated to ext3 and mounted in the pkt bluepanel? That's the only other reason I can think of.

Nope no hard drive goign to get one...

I would like to thank everyone who replied to my posts helping me over the last day or so.........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

snoon wrote: »
    Anyone any idea's on the above?
    Nobody using a PS3 to stream?

Cheers
    Shaun

I've never done it, but what you would need is a DNLA server plugin. I dont know of any, sorry

I've never done it, but what you would need is a DNLA server plugin. I dont know of any, sorry

There's one in the pkt blue panel i'm nearly certain in mount centre possibly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Just wondering is it possible to play media from a NAS on the Amiko?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭championc

L'prof wrote: »
    Just wondering is it possible to play media from a NAS on the Amiko?

Yes if the NAS allows you to map a drive

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Yes if the NAS allows you to map a drive

So as long as you have a network location for the NAS? Nice one, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jlong9

Hello,
    I have purchased an Alien2 about two weeks ago and am new to all this but having fun loading things on it. I am having trouble loading Tsmedia v4.6.
    I have download it - unzipped it - placed the two files in the root of Alien2 - then restarted the box yet when I open Tsmedia it looks like I still have version 2.8.

How do I update Tsmedia? Running Champions Pkt image.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭championc

You should maybe delete the original tsmedia and then copy the new version into it's place. So it would NOT go into the Root

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

jlong9 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I have purchased an Alien2 about two weeks ago and am new to all this but having fun loading things on it. I am having trouble loading Tsmedia v4.6.
    I have download it - unzipped it - placed the two files in the root of Alien2 - then restarted the box yet when I open Tsmedia it looks like I still have version 2.8.

How do I update Tsmedia? Running Champions Pkt image.

the two files you are talking about - are they directories? (named something like etc and var)
    The required files might not install into the correct place on your machine as some of them are laid out differently.
    Look for the files and put the directory containing them (called TSMedia) into a directory that has AutoBouquets, CoolTVGuide etc. on your machine
    (sorry I am not near my machine to give you the exact directory structure)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭reaper12

Hi Guys,

I am having a really strange problem. This evening I was watching TV fine and everything working perfect, I went away for an hour and there was an error on the screen saying tuner failed. No channels worked, so I thought that there might be a glitch in the software. I restarted the box and tried to do a service scan. No channels were found.

Then I was thinking, maye a corrupt image, I downloaded a new enigma2 image, a V3 Hyperion image, installed no problem, went to service scan, no channels found again. I tried downloading a new satellites.xml file, but that hasn't worked either.

It's not a problem with satellite or the tuners on the box itself, because when I go into spark everything works fine, I get all the channels perfect.

Anyone got any ideas? Or is there anyway to wipe the enigma2 side of the box completely?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Is anyone experiencing sound drop outs on SD and HD channels after booting up into a championc's Hyperion 2 image?

The drop outs eventually disappear after a while (maybe an hour or so), its like the box is 'warming up' and sorting itself out while broadcasting.

If i put the box into stand by, the same thing happens but normal service is resumed more quickly.

I'm not using an amp, just HDMI cable running from box into TV.

Is anyone experiencing sound drop outs on SD and HD channels after booting up into a championc's Hyperion 2 image?

They drop outs eventually disappear after a while (maybe an hour or so), its like the box is 'warming up' and sorting itself out which broadcasting.

If i put the box into stand by, the same thing happens but normal service is resumed more quickly.

I'm not using an amp, just HDMI cable running from box into TV.

Not tested it myself but this seems to fix it.
    http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/showthread.php/42588-Possible-fix-for-audio-dropouts-on-PKT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 gerryice

Hi Guys I have an Amiko Alien with Enigma2. Can someone tell me how to enable the recall last channel button as mine doesn't work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement