Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Guys for some reason when I use a remote streaming app it only allows me to view then channel that is currently zapped on my box.

it was never like this and I have been able in the past to display a different channel on my ipad/phone than that on the box.

I have selected the option in the app that I have a multituner so dont zap the box.

Any ideas what has changed?

Could it be my tuner config?... I have tuner c equal to tuner b

I also noticed that a red 'R' shows on the box under the channel I am playing on my iphone/ipad.
    There seems to be a bug with the tuner config C=B. Setting up C as a single satellite with the same settings as B works.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

smee again wrote: »
    That tells you your signal is coming from a different mast

I am using the same 2 frequencies that worked on Hyperion for me (Mullaghanish 474 and 498Mhz)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cool_cat

bappelbe wrote: »
    I am using the same 2 frequencies that worked on Hyperion for me (Mullaghanish 474 and 498Mhz)

Update : I finally decided to upgrade to Hyperion 3 and it seems to be working so it's definitely an ar-p issue. Now I just have to set it all up again...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PasPer2

Championc, will you be releasing a backup image using Hyperion V3 for the AA2?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

sellin my own alien2 triple tuner,
    anyone? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭championc

PasPer2 wrote: »
    Championc, will you be releasing a backup image using Hyperion V3 for the AA2?

No plans as of yet. I don't really have the time right now and in all honesty, v2 is doing all I want it to do so unless there is a significant ommission from v2 that is present in v3, then I think I'm more likely to be waiting around for the next version of AR-P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Folks. I want to install a new image on my Dads box. He has been using Yodas April 2013 Satstation image for the last while but in the last month the box keeps freezing and getting the green screen.

He only uses the box for watching tv and also downloading from TS Media so was wondering if you could recommend a good image that would be easy for him to use.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

gazzer wrote: »
    Folks. I want to install a new image on my Dads box. He has been using Yodas April 2013 Satstation image for the last while but in the last month the box keeps freezing and getting the green screen.

He only uses the box for watching tv and also downloading from TS Media so was wondering if you could recommend a good image that would be easy for him to use.

Thanks.
    TSMedia has gone to sh1t lately, lots of links not working causing green screens. If you have the latest version 4.4 it won't green screen or freeze, it'll just say link not available or something like that. Most of us here are using Hyperion v2 or the recently released Hyperion v3. I'm running v3 and have no complaints, only thing I couldn't get working is Tsmedia but that's down to the app itself and not Hyperion.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

I have a 1TB USB3 Hard Disk connected into the back of my Alien2 that I use to make recordings and it works fine. If I want to watch those recordings on say my laptop I plug it out and plug it into my laptop or else I go into FileZilla and copy the file over the network to my laptop.

What I'd like is to be able to stream those recordings to my laptop like the way I can use OpenWebIf to stream a TV channel. I was looking into getting a USB NAS Adapter which would connect my USB drive to the router but not sure if that would do a good job of streaming video recordings.

Anyone who uses a NAS drive with your Alien2 can you let me know the name/model and does it work well or any opinion on what is a good one to go for?

Cheers,

Flex

I have a 1TB USB3 Hard Disk connected into the back of my Alien2 that I use to make recordings and it works fine. If I want to watch those recordings on say my laptop I plug it out and plug it into my laptop or else I go into FileZilla and copy the file over the network to my laptop.

What I'd like is to be able to stream those recordings to my laptop like the way I can use OpenWebIf to stream a TV channel. I was looking into getting a USB NAS Adapter which would connect my USB drive to the router but not sure if that would do a good job of streaming video recordings.

Anyone who uses a NAS drive with your Alien2 can you let me know the name/model and does it work well or any opinion on what is a good one to go for?

Cheers,

Flex
    No need for a nas drive, just click on movies in openWebif! Select recording and download.

• Advertisement

Or if using my image, it was setup with Samba Server ready and working. On your laptop, just map a network drive or click Start, Run

\\Box_IP\hdd

Thanks Gents.. That is pretty cool!

There it was all along in OpenWebIf.. on the left, clicked the 'Stream' menu then 'Movies'. I'll give Samba Server a go too.. could be handier for streaming around music and photos organised into their own folders.

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I find that the HD shows up in my windoze network as GM990HD just like any other PC on my network. I can access any part of the hard disc from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 snoon

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if it's possible to stream recordings from the HDD to a Sony PS3?

I don't really know much about openwebif or what it can do - I was going to get a NAS drive like FlexMurphy but maybe it can already do it and I'm just missing the know how.

I'm using Techguys V3 image.

Cheers
    Shaun

championc wrote: »
    Or if using my image, it was setup with Samba Server ready and working..

How did you get Samba Server working championc? I had a look in PKT BluePanel > Mount Center > SMB Server but when I go green button to Run Server I get 'smb.conf is missing or corrupted'. In Filezilla I can't see a smb.conf in /var/etc or /etc/samba but in /var/bin it looks like the samba binaries are there alright. Did you just create an smb.conf file yourself?
    I find that the HD shows up in my windoze network as GM990HD just like any other PC on my network.

How did you set that up Gerry? Was it using Samba too then map a network drive in Windows?

Flex

I setup Samba as a Plugin, so nothing to do with Blue Panel

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

flying along with the setup off my alien2 using image Champions_Hyperion_V2-selected.

to get it prefect is it possible to get the following

• 4OD
    • BBC iplayer using some sort of proxy
    • web browser, spark has opera, so cant see why e2 doesnt have one

I've read on other forums:
    ITV Player, BBC Player and 4OD work in Enigma2 under the OnDemand Plugin. They use Tunelr in the code to bypass geoblocking.

However, I don't think it works on Alien 2, something to do with its processor. If anyone has a link to such a plugin that works on an Alien 2 then we could see if it will work in this also green and similarly pleasant land with something like ExpatShield running to simulate a UK IP address?

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Looking at buying an Amiko alien 2 triple tuner relatively soon, is it foolish considering how long they've been on the market or is it still a great box to buy?

Also is there a definitive list of instructions for installing the Hyperion image?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Kevin! wrote: »
    Looking at buying an Amiko alien 2 triple tuner relatively soon, is it foolish considering how long they've been on the market or is it still a great box to buy?

Also is there a definitive list of instructions for installing the Hyperion image\irish channels?

Thanks

is the best one in his price range,
    a lot of guides how to make it working as you like can be found on the net, mate as a few different images for the box out there.
    personally, I had loads of fun setting it up by myself as its almost impossible to brick it up :) but have no spare time anymore so selling my alien2 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Kevin! wrote: »

Also is there a definitive list of instructions for installing the Hyperion image\irish channels?

Thanks

I think this box is getting better all the time as the software is being updated all the time.

there are many guides online but to start with I would get Championc's image linked in the firmware thread and install it as per instructions here:
    http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/showthread.php/18313-Installing-Enigma2-on-Alien-2

then it will be a matter of tuning in the Saorview channels - if you use a different transmitter to Championc.

It took six months after launching before we got anything which was a workable "family firendly" version. It's perfect for the Irish market given that it supports both Terrestrial and Satellite since the content distributed by both mediums is completely different. Oscam support is a bonus.

Install instructions in the firmware thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

im running championc hyperion 2 image, until now i never looked for it, but i cant seem to find rteplayer, am i blind or does it need to be installed seperately,

TIA

phobia2011 wrote: »
    im running championc hyperion 2 image, until now i never looked for it, but i cant seem to find rteplayer, am i blind or does it need to be installed seperately,

TIA

Needs to be installed separately. You'll find it in the firmware thread. On phone now so can't link

• Registered Users Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I upgraded to Hyperion 3 today so will let people know how I find it after a week or two of usage.
    So far I see negligible difference in operation from V2 .

Does anyone have a link to the Samba Server Plugin for Enigma 2 - Alien 2 version? I've scoured Google for it but no success also looked in the PKT Plugin downloads menu.

Championc I'm looking in your direction? :)

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Does anyone have a link to the Samba Server Plugin for Enigma 2 - Alien 2 version? I've scoured Google for it but no success also looked in the PKT Plugin downloads menu.

Championc I'm looking in your direction? :)

Flex

Have a look here if you have python version 2.7
    http://extra.sat-universum.de/2.7/

alternatively just google for samba+sh4

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

Just spent a few hours getting Champions hyperion image installed and everything working how i wanted but i still have one problem

The channel list and the epg. Whats the best channel list to use in autobouquets for ireland? But more importantly how do i get the epg to download and load properly currently i am only seeing the program on the channel i am on or one i visited just before.

kgarvey wrote: »
    Just spent a few hours getting Champions hyperion image installed and everything working how i wanted but i still have one problem

The channel list and the epg. Whats the best channel list to use in autobouquets for ireland? But more importantly how do i get the epg to download and load properly currently i am only seeing the program on the channel i am on or one i visited just before.

I use London HD bouquet and I have the irish saorview channels in favourites along some other uk channels. To load up the epg go into plugins and press crossEpg downlaoder. From now on though it should download automatically when you boot up the box.

• Advertisement

In CrossEPG, turn OFF the OpenTV 28.4 item

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement