Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MUX 2 launch date ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

Mux 2 from Maghera was on for a couple of hours one day last week again with no channels on it. Maybe something will appear on it in the new year.
    Maghera mux2 channel 55 lit up today. No content. Mux 2 channel 24 Mullaghanish off.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

it was switched on this morning on channel 8 if you can call it that.
    it has since gone. i am getting my signal from three rock.

Channel 8 would suggest the Band III test again.

Mullaghanish Mux2 channel 24 lit up again today. This time there's content, the usual tv test cards but no looped video on the HD test channel. Still transmitting now, (after 5pm) looks like last one out forgot to turn the lights off.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Mullaghanish Mux2 channel 24 lit up again today. This time there's content, the usual tv test cards but no looped video on the HD test channel. Still transmitting now, (after 5pm) looks like last one out forgot to turn the lights off.
    looks like Mux2 from Mulla is getting a good run out. Maghera is still off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Mux 2 considerably weaker than Mux 1 here on an attic Band III aerial pointed at Mullaghanish. 100S/100Q on Mux 1, 100S/55Q on Mux 2. 7 testcards, a "SSU" service and that seems to be it.

No TG4 HD or Today FM for the culchies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

marno21 wrote: »
    Mux 2 considerably weaker than Mux 1 here on an attic Band III aerial pointed at Mullaghanish. 100S/100Q on Mux 1, 100S/55Q on Mux 2. 7 testcards, a "SSU" service and that seems to be it.

No TG4 HD or Today FM for the culchies :(
    Not missing much then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

mux2 offering the same lineup of tests from spurhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Mux 2, ( Channel 43), fired up on the Mitchelstown transmitter since yesterday also.

mux 2 mulla and spur hill off again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Boggy

Three Rock Ch 33 and Kippure Ch 58 now on

Three Rock coming in loud and clear here. In fact, if my TV is to be believed, my mux 2 signal is slightly better than my mux 1 signal. I think that confirms that mux 2 had been testing on 58 from Kippure all along, as I was only barely able to get it on 58.

232301.jpg

232302.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭marclt

It's on from Mt. Leinster too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

marclt wrote: »
    It's on from Mt. Leinster too!

Indeed. Ch 26. 7 TV and 10 radio. Bit rates (test cards) ranging from 313KB/s to 520KB/s. 98KB/s on the radio channels.

For Test Card Anoraks.

232322.jpg
    232323.jpg
    232324.jpg
    232325.jpg

What a selection STB!

Hope no one accidentally leaves them on for any length. Screen burn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

marclt wrote: »
    What a selection STB!

Hope no one accidentally leaves them on for any length. Screen burn!

Staring at them whilst listening to the 19Khz test tone at full blast for extended period of time would not be advised. :)

Infact they should have warnings to that effect in typical RTE Mantra..... anyone who has been affected by this evenings test cards should......

And don't forget the obligatory reference to the Aertel page xxx for more details.

!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Clermont Carn mux 2 broadcasting on channel 56. Same test cards as shown above on display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

In Waterford I get several blank screens with momentary sound and one grey card. Thanks for nothing! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RonanAnthony

MUX 2 now testing on channel 57 from truskmore. All test cards same as the pictures posted above

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I checked 3Rock last night. Mux 1 10 100% sig, q=100%. Mux2 86% sig, q=100%. Kippure is coming in at Mux1 Sig 46%. q=100%, Mux 2 26% sig, q=100%.

So mux 2 is lower for me on both muxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

:D Maybe they're giving us Oireachtas TV for an Xmas pressie so we can look at all the empty seats we're paying for :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

If they are, they are keeping very quiet about it.:mad:

They have just launched the Christmas edition of the RTE Guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RonanAnthony

If they are, they are keeping very quiet about it.:mad:

They have just launched the Christmas edition of the RTE Guide.
    Lol
    I got that myself yesterday :)
    It will probably switch off again later like they always do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Picking up mux 2 on ch. 44 in the Limerick area. It is either from Woodcock Hill or Maghera. Broadcasting test cards ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Not Maghera. Just did a scan and Mux 1 CH 48 only on Maghera at present. When Mux 2 is on the CH no. is 55. HTH.

Mulla Ch 24 and SpurHill Ch 49 On Air again with the usual bouquet of tests

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Jpmarn wrote: »
    Picking up mux 2 on ch. 44 in the Limerick area. It is either from Woodcock Hill or Maghera. Broadcasting test cards ATM.
    That's Woodcock Hill alright (assuming it's not another tx with Mux 1 on C47, eg Knockanore or Cairn Hill, both of which would be very unlikely)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Is it too much to hope that all this testing of Mux 2 in the last week or so, at a time of the year when most large organisations do not carry out unnecessary work and actually go into wind down mode, means that we are about to see some new channel launch, maybe Oireachtas TV or TV3HD ?

• Advertisement

galtee boy wrote: »
    Is it too much to hope that all this testing of Mux 2 in the last week or so, at a time of the year when most large organisations do not carry out unnecessary work and actually go into wind down mode, means that we are about to see some new channel launch, maybe Oireachtas TV or TV3HD ?
    Good point. The "winding down mode" never occurred me. Seems like a plausible idea to have all this activity prior to an impending launch. But I have one question on the mux2 launch. Has there been similar activity for mux2 on the lower powered tx sites nationwide? I've been focused on reports re main transmitter sites. I've seen nothing on mux2 re the sites in my area eg Knockmoyle, Cnoc an Óir & the new site covering Dingle. Can new channel launches go ahead on mux2 when there isn't nationwide coverage available?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement