Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-06-2012, 23:34   #331
Mrs Farmer

Furniture Painting

I attended a workshop today in Dalkey showing the use of Annie Sloan chalk paints. It is amazing paint which will cover wood (any type), metal etc without having to de-rust or remove varnish or sand down. They do workshops on a regular basis - see www.upside.ie Suitable for interior and exterior projects, quick drying, very low odour and the colours available are lovely.
Advertisement
04-07-2012, 11:59   #332
JansStuff

Handmade Card Making Workshops - 10 Weeks, Blackrock & Cabinteely

Hi, This September I'm delighted to be starting up 2 x 10 Week Workshops in handmade card making in South Dublin. On Tuesday nights I'll be in Newpark Adult Education Centre, Blackrock www.newparknightschool.ie and on Wednesday nights I'll be in Cabinteely Adult Education Centre, Cabinteely Dublin 18 www.cabinteelycs.ie/night_school.htm . If you're interested in Morning classes, then please contact me by PM and register your intererst - if I get enough enrollments I'll start up morning classes in Sandyford and/or Cabinteely.

Details on my EVENING Classes:
This class will equip you with the inspiration and know-how to create fantastic handmade cards using simple materials that you can find at home or very reasonably in local shops. During these classes I’ll demonstrate various sample cards, card layout and styles, giving you advice and tips on how to use your materials to make great cards. I’ll bring along my card making tools - guillotine, punches, a die-cutting machine (used to cut shapes from paper) card labels and card templates for you to use in making your cards. I use everyday household materials in inventive ways and hope to teach you ow to get the most from each item you have. My aim is to create and inspire!

For all classes please bring along bits and pieces that you'd like to use on your cards - wool, ribbon, buttons, doilies, wallpaper, material scraps, wrapping paper .. anything that is light and can be stuck onto a card!! If you have a specific card project you'd like to do then I'll be happy to help you design your cards and provide advice on where to source your materials. At all classes we'll be making cards, using what you have brought along with some of my own materials
06-07-2012, 11:36   #333
bodhrandude

Volvo Ocean Race Art Exhibition - Against Time by Jeremiah ODea

There is a art exhibition on at the Oslo bar in Salthill in conjunction with the Volvo Ocean Race which starts at 6 pm tonight. The art work is by Jeremiah ODea who is a lino carving artist, his work will be displayed throughout the bar, wine and food will be laid on for the event tonight. So come along if you are free tonight and have a look. https://www.facebook.com/events/460678287278698/
Thanks from:
07-07-2012, 01:56   #334
Belle.
Banned

Art Portfolio Preparation Course

Hi all!

I'm hoping to start up a half day course in which I can help people who would like to build up a portfolio for themselves. For people and students who are hoping to pursue a Level 5 or 6 Portfolio course, what you should know going into your course and the basic 'Do's and Don’ts'! How to make your work unique to you! People who would just like a few extra tips on portfolio building and how to get the points/results you want to pursue your career/studies in art. Everybody has their own style so why not find out how to use it to your advantage?

I know how stressful building a portfolio can be, so let yourself get a head start or a helping hand from someone who has experience! I had a lot of questions about my portfolio and what work I should include, even the layout of my work, and I found it is often hard to get a straight answer.

Courses will be run in Longford, Mullingar, Cavan, Athlone and can go further afield. Roughly from 10am to 3.30pm For further information or answers to any questions ***Send PM***
PS; if you know of anyone who may be interested please like and share the page with them to spread the word. I'm here to help

Last edited by Cork_girl; 07-07-2012 at 10:44. Reason: Charter snip
07-07-2012, 23:05   #335
Jellybaby1

Weekend in the Woods

Weekend in the Woods, 29th/30th September 2012, Bealkelly Wood, Tuamgraney, Co.Clare, www.celtnet.org, 061-640765. €130/adult

Hope this is allowed. I saw this notice in the Botanic Gardens a few days ago and took a photo of it, quite a lot of traditional crafts, what might be described as ‘rustic’ crafts. I remembered some enquiries on this thread and hope it is of interest to others. Unable to recommend myself as I haven’t done any of these courses but here is the list anyway:

Musical Instrument Making
Knife Making
Bowl & Spoon Making
Blacksmithing
Coppersmithing
Natural Building
Herb-Lore
Basketry
Boatbuilding
Fishing
Felt Craft
Rustic Furniture Making
Longbow Making
Wood Carving
Spinning / Weaving & Natural Dyeing
Adventure Bushcraft (8-14 yrs)
Dry-Stone & Lime Mortar Walling
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RusticCraftsCoursesB.JPG (28.8 KB, 32 views)
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-07-2012, 17:41   #336
Cork_girl

I meant to post this up earlier, I'm heading down to it during the week but it has officially started today: Art in the Open, 2012 in Wexford.

http://www.artintheopen.org/

Have been along the last couple of years and it's a great festival - 7 days of plein air painting in spectacular locations in south-east Ireland.
Paint Out's are free to attend and open to all, there are workshops which are open to those who are booked into the festival and there will be an exhibition of over 250 pieces done during the festival days.

If anyone is around Wexford over the week I'm sure you'd enjoy it!
31-07-2012, 21:21   #337
Rockhound

Stone Carving Classes

D15 studios is running a 6 week Stone Carving course.

The evening course takes place on Monday Nights for 6 weeks beginning Sept 3rd from 6.30pm to 9.30pm Course cost €200, deposit €100.
The weekend course takes place on Saturday Sept 1st and Sunday Sept 2nd from 9.30am 5.00pm Course cost €200, deposit €100.

The course is suitable for all levels, including beginners. Participants will be tutored on a one-to-one basis to support each person in realising their own project. Participants may be able to go away with a finished piece of work or with a sculpture that can be easily finished away from the studio. You may already have an idea of what you wish to carve. If you have no set ideas then that is fine; a suitable project can be set for you. Materials and tools will be provided, the only thing necessary to bring are steel capped safety boots.

contact me if you are interested

www.richardhealysculptures.com
03-08-2012, 11:17   #338
Maisie

Reborn Baby Doll Workshop

I am holding a Reborn Workshop on September 15th and 16th in Dublin.
Over the two days, everything will be provided to make your own Reborn. You will be taught how to mix and apply the paints,build up the layers to achieve a natural skin tone and finally assemble your baby.
You will have a wonderful sense of achievement when you take home your own 18/20 inch reborn baby.
Contact me for more details.
Mary
09-08-2012, 20:12   #339
little.rose

hi, this is some information on a tour of Cork for lovers of wool, knitting, yarn, and all those fiber artists > http://www.discoveringcork.ie/blog/w...-tour-of-cork/
Advertisement
21-08-2012, 20:24   #340
hadas

Clane Christmas Craft Fair

A chance for you to display your arts and crafts this November (25th) in the Westgrove Hotel in Clane, Co. Kildare.

Check it out on www.clanechristmasfair.com
27-08-2012, 11:18   #341
JansStuff

NEW - September 2012 Morning Card Making Classes in Sandyford, Thursday mornings

I'm currently enroling for Morning Card Making Classes in Sandyford Community Centre, Lambs Cross. Details: Thursday mornings, 10.30 - 12.30, all materials included. Cost 100 euro for 5 weeks, 150 euro for 8 weeks.
Learn how to make cards using everyday materials, get to try out different card toppers, different blank cards and use my extensive collection of punches and materials. I provide the inspiration and guidance along with great money-saving card making tips!
27-08-2012, 11:20   #342
JansStuff

New - Make Your Own Handmade Christmas Cards

Handmade Christmas Card Making Workshops - I'll hold 1 - 2 special classes on making your own Christmas Cards using simple card, material, punches and napkins! Contact me for details - workshops wil be held during November 2012 in Sandyford Dublin 18.
27-08-2012, 11:22   #343
JansStuff

Hi, that's great. How much does a table cost, I'd be interested in selling my handmade cards, thanks, Jan
06-09-2012, 20:16   #344
snowey07

Fimo modelling demonstrations

For anyone into modelling or maybe making cake deorations ( i make baby toppers with it) fimo are in Ireland next week. Looks like its only Bray, Wicklow and Dublin at the moment tho

more details here
12-09-2012, 18:40   #345
yvonne tune

Christmas Card Making Workshop 6th of October Kinsealy Malahide

Christmas Card Making Workshop
with Card Art Kilcoole
Saturday the 6thof October
In Kinsealy,Parish Hall,

Kinsealy,Malahide.
Time 10.00 to 5.30

contact via PM only

Theme;The Essence of Christmas

We will make 4 beautiful kits on the day,
and you will receive 1 extra fully prepared kit to make at home. all kits come with instructions.

Full details are on our website cardarteventskilcoole.blogspot.ie

Many Thanks Yvonne

Last edited by Cork_girl; 12-09-2012 at 21:09. Reason: Charter - contact via PM

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion