Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-05-2012, 14:49   #286
Irishchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishy fishy View Post
of course they do - you just need to read the labels. There is plenty of choice. Believe me I wouldn't be shopping there otherwise.
Are you being paid by lidl and aldi or something?? Why cant you just accept that some people dont like the products they sell?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-05-2012, 14:56   #287
Stiffler2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishchick View Post
Are you being paid by lidl and aldi or something?? Why cant you just accept that some people dont like the products they sell?

I agree with you IrishChick, first they shove their money down our throats, now they want to shove their food down our throats.
10-05-2012, 15:03   #288
fishy fishy

Quote:
i couldn't care less who goes there or who doesn't - that is a personal choice. There's no need to get so narky - everyone is entitled to post their own experience. My experience is, that there is plenty of choice in Lidl - if you don't like that you don't have to read it.
(2) thanks from:
10-05-2012, 15:04   #289
fishy fishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffler2 View Post
I agree with you IrishChick, first they shove their money down our throats, now they want to shove their food down our throats.
ahh stiffler, that's not true. I don't shove "their" money down throats - I save it all up and go on a two week sun holiday every year.
10-05-2012, 15:31   #290
Andy-Pandy

Buy most of my food in Aldi (Sandyford), find it much better than the local Lidl. Dont know why people are giving out about the coffee, there ground coffee (the blue one) is lovely.

Last edited by Andy-Pandy; 10-05-2012 at 18:41. Reason: Terrible spelling
Advertisement
10-05-2012, 15:56   #291
karaokeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghandee View Post
Can I ask why?
I have a sore guilty pleasure for Tesco's groceries.

Never enjoyed the stuff in Lidl/Aldi, maybe one day when I learn to appreciate less processed food.
Thanks from:
10-05-2012, 16:08   #292
Shenshen

Quote:
*lol
If you don't like the taste, just say so.
There's no need to go inventing other reasons to look more sophisitcated, this is AH after all....
10-05-2012, 16:10   #293
Shenshen

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaokeman View Post
I have a sore guilty pleasure for Tesco's groceries.

Never enjoyed the stuff in Lidl/Aldi, maybe one day when I learn to appreciate less processed food.
You might be onto something... their ready-meals aren't great. I've tried one or two a good while back.
But as I tend to do a lot of cooking and am not all that keen on processed food, that really doesn't bother me.
Thanks from:
12-05-2012, 21:20   #294
Furzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by murpho999 View Post
Don't know how people can complain about Lidl's bread as it's baked in store all day and is nice and fresh.

Unless you're a "Brennan's" bread person.

Good bread is very hard to get in Ireland.

Also coffee.....people saying their instant coffee is poor makes me laugh.

Don't see anything wrong with their veg or chicken fillets or millk.
So you believe everything they tell you? Their bread isn't fresh - they buy in readymade rolls and reheat them today and then tomorrow and probably the next day. Have you actually ever seen any freshly baked bread?

Their milk and eggs say fresh Irish milk/ eggs but at best they come from Northern Ireland - check out the UK stamp on their 'Irish' eggs. I used think they were OK but in fact they're a way bigger rip-off than Tesco. Has anyone noticed that Tesco prices have come down with the recession but Lidl prices stay the same or increase. Why do people still shop there for substandard products that are no longer sold at bargain priced??
Advertisement
12-05-2012, 21:22   #295
DEFTLEFTHAND

Butter, their home cheap brand smells like cheesy vomit.
12-05-2012, 21:38   #296
Pottler
Closed Account

For the tool users out there, Lidls tools are excellent - they do a twin cylinder air compressor for around €200 that is better than the €600 "industrial" ones you get elsewhere, their socket sets are tough and durable, the mixers, drills, grinders, saws etc are top notch(I use them at work and give them to my workers to use[they laughed initially and called me a mingy b0ll0x] and they last and last. The Aldi power tools are not so good...cough, toys, cough but they do good enough spanner sets...
I used to love Lidls bratwurst sausages but the feckers stopped stocking them for some reason. My kids are p1ssed, they used to eat them non-stop. If ye are reading this, Lidl buyers(which they will be doing), get the Bratwurst back in, pls BTW, I've done a sh1tload of work for Lidl as a company and they keep their premises(and warehouses) spotless and are scrupulous about food hygiene. I like that and it makes me confident buying their stuff. I can't say the same for every food supplier and I've worked in most of em.
(3) thanks from:
12-05-2012, 21:40   #297
January

Send a message via AIM to January Send a message via MSN to January Send a message via Yahoo to January
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummymoo View Post
the only thing i dont buy in there is shampoo (because they dont sell the one i use) and nappies, there shocking! everything else is great!
You're joking? The Lidl nappies are fab, better than Pampers in my opinion!
Thanks from:
12-05-2012, 21:45   #298
zerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furzy View Post
So you believe everything they tell you? Their bread isn't fresh - they buy in readymade rolls and reheat them today and then tomorrow and probably the next day. Have you actually ever seen any freshly baked bread?

Their milk and eggs say fresh Irish milk/ eggs but at best they come from Northern Ireland - check out the UK stamp on their 'Irish' eggs. I used think they were OK but in fact they're a way bigger rip-off than Tesco. Has anyone noticed that Tesco prices have come down with the recession but Lidl prices stay the same or increase. Why do people still shop there for substandard products that are no longer sold at bargain priced??
Wow,you registered 9 years ago & this is your first post?

Regarding the bread,Cuisine de France have been doing this for years,the bakery in my local Lidl has to restock the shelves several times a day as the bread flies off the shelves.

Last edited by zerks; 12-05-2012 at 21:48.
(3) thanks from:
12-05-2012, 21:48   #299
Pottler
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerks View Post
Wow,you registered 9 years ago & this is your first post?
Tesco sleepers have great patience. Wait for it, no, no, wait for it...now, go gettem Furby!
Thanks from:
12-05-2012, 22:17   #300
jupiterjack

i would try most things from there but i dont think id give my dog the dog food..

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion