Dark Souls - Page 159 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-03-2012, 23:31   #2371
noodler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roorah View Post
Is there a way to invade other worlds apart from the cracked red orbs? Or is there anywhere to farm for them?

Also, I invaded a world once, fought someone, think I lost and went on my way. About 5 minutes later I was pulled back into their world without using any items to fight again. This just a weird glitch?

At least half a dozen ways.

There are red eye orbs (that aren't cracked) which allow you to invade permanently.

Theres a number of different ways depending on your clan.
Advertisement
26-03-2012, 13:32   #2372
Sgt Hartman

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodler View Post
Best battle in the game for me.

I suggest you get your body back and place your summon sign outside that room - its an excellent place to be summoned and there no boss fight I would rather help people out with.
I'm playing offline but I'll definately do that once I've my connection up and running Two players sharing the burden would make that fight a hell of a lot easier. My character is a jacked up knight with Havel's armor, a crystal shield, a big Dragon's Tooth club and some nice pyromancy magic so I pretty sure I'd be of some service. That weird glitch where I couldn't pick up any items from chests in Anor Londo seemed to have sorted itself after I beat Ornstein and Smough

Beaten the 2nd Asylum Demon (what a bitch he was) and gotten the Peculiar Doll so it's off to the Painted World next.
26-03-2012, 13:42   #2373
noodler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Hartman View Post
I'm playing offline but I'll definately do that once I've my connection up and running Two players sharing the burden would make that fight a hell of a lot easier. My character is a jacked up knight with Havel's armor, a crystal shield, a big Dragon's Tooth club and some nice pyromancy magic so I pretty sure I'd be of some service. That weird glitch where I couldn't pick up any items from chests in Anor Londo seemed to have sorted itself after I beat Ornstein and Smough

Beaten the 2nd Asylum Demon (what a bitch he was) and gotten the Peculiar Doll so it's off to the Painted World next.

Thats my favourite area of the game - enjoy!
26-03-2012, 19:37   #2374
penev10

Quote:
Beaten the 2nd Asylum Demon (what a bitch he was) .
There's an even nastier variant of him on the way don't worry!
27-03-2012, 09:24   #2375
2smiggy

i find that the Lifehunt Scythe is great for defeating the 2 asylum demon. i died a good few times on my second playthrough trying to kill him until i used that weapon. a few slaps of it and half his energy is gone !!
Advertisement
27-03-2012, 10:02   #2376
AnCapaillMor

Quote:
Originally Posted by penev10 View Post
There's room to maneuvre with that one though, so not as tough. It was the small fight area that was the toughest part of the 2nd asylum demon.
29-03-2012, 13:27   #2377
Sgt Hartman

Quote:
Originally Posted by penev10 View Post
Oh Joy! Another Demon

Just beat Priscilla and finished the Painted World now. Took out the Armored pigs before the Duke's Archives which I'll do next. The Dragonslayer bow & arrows and the Electrified Demon spear were handy tools taking those pigs down

I'd love to know, what character classes y'all are using and what's yer fave weapons/magic?
29-03-2012, 14:06   #2378
Issac

Quote:
Oh Joy! Another Demon
I'd love to know, what character classes y'all are using and what's yer fave weapons/magic?
I've a strength based character myself - started as Bandit. 40 strength, 40 end. (to carry heavy weapons & armor) 30 vit.
Favourite armor has to be elite knight armor (before finishing Anor Londo). Somughs after that. Weapons: Black Knight sword/axe. The axe is class - great reach, very fast and packs a hell of a punch! The great axe is good too, but a little slow. Chaos Man-Serpent great sword, Lightening Demon Machete and my +15 Great Club get used pretty often for a change.The only magic I use is Pyro which I've maxed. The spells I use with are Great Fireball, Great/Chaos combustion, Firestorm/Chaos-Firestorm (mostly). Flying through NG+ now with that lot.
Thanks from:
29-03-2012, 14:10   #2379
Kiith

Did they ever nerf the lightning weapons? They were stupidly powerful at launch.
Advertisement
29-03-2012, 14:18   #2380
penev10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issac View Post
+15 Great Club
Excellent weapon for strength builds that. The R2 lunge attack is the business. I used that pretty much exclusively with my strength character.

Ont he subject of builds, I've created a good few and found that strength or magic (see link below) is the way to go. Really disappointed with DEX build, good low-level but otherwise meh. Faith is OK but not something I adapted to.
01-04-2012, 20:58   #2381
Sgt Hartman

A pox on those invisible pathways in the Crystal Cave
01-04-2012, 21:47   #2382
Issac

Quote:
If you shoot some arrows at the ground the will 'stick' into the invisible pathways. While you are walking keep leaving messages so you can retrace your way.
01-04-2012, 22:50   #2383
noodler

Quote:
Youtube man!
01-04-2012, 23:25   #2384
cloud493

For anyone looking, limited edition of this is 15 euro in currys.
01-04-2012, 23:54   #2385
Arawn

Quote:
dont forget to pick up the titanite slab there

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text