Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

australian jobs on donedeal web site.

Options
  • 10-01-2012 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

hello to one and all,was on the donedeal web site,theres a fella named colin bayes(immigratoin and employment consultant) anyone have any dealing with him.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jumpin johnny

was wonderin meself did anyone deal with him or pay his fee to him? What was the outcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

The guy may be totally above board but I would advise anyone to be careful in dealings with immigration lawyers in general - people can spend thousands on legal fees and get absolutely nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 paulg22

well i have payed him the fee around 500 euro,so ill have to wait and see wat happens,he seems okay but would be nice to no did he sort out anyone else with a sponsor.

was talkin to him already he seems spot on but just unsure about finalising payment as of yet, salary over there for the jobs he has seem to be very high (more like a dream), hopefully he sort ya out could you keep me posted on this

ya ill keep u posted no worrys.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Information for Consumers

In Australia, migration agents must be registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (Office of the MARA) in order to provide immigration assistance.
    See: What is the Office of the MARA?

A registered migration agent (RMA) can advise on visa requirements, help an applicant lodge a visa application and deal with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship on an applicant’s behalf, usually for a fee. More information is available about what a registered migration agent can do and how to choose one is available on this website.
    See:
    What is a registered migration agent and do I need to use one?
    How to choose a migration agent

If an applicant chooses to seek migration advice it is important that a registered migration agent is used. It is illegal in Australia to give advice about migration to Australia without being registered with the Office of the MARA. There are heavy penalties for giving immigration assistance without being registered.

The video Using a registered migration agent* contains important information on how to find a registered migration agent and what to expect from them.

Unregistered persons may try to take advantage of your situation and provide incorrect information and false hopes, such as, guaranteeing you a visa. For more information about migration fraud, reporting unregistered practice and how you can protect yourself from migration fraud, visit the Department of Immigration and Citizenship website.
    See: Migration fraud and scams

Note: An applicant does not have to use a migration agent to lodge a visa application with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, and a migration agent cannot influence the outcome of the application.

List of registered migration agents

You can find a registered migration agent on our website by searching the Register of Agents. If you have any difficulty accessing the information you require, please contact the Office of the MARA on 1300 226 272 if in Australia or on +61 2 9078 3552 if calling from outside of Australia.
    See:
    Search for a Registered Migration Agent
    List of lapsed migration agents
    List of current Applicants for Registration

Charges

There are no set fees for the services offered by registered migration agents, however a list of average fee ranges is available.
    See: What does it cost to use an Agent?

Complaints

If you have had a problem with a registered migration agent (RMA) and you are unable to resolve this with them, you can lodge a complaint.
    See: Making a complaint about a RMA

Sanction decisions

Sanctions previously decided in relation to registered migration agents are also published on our website.
    See: Sanction Decisions

Australia’s Visa Requirements

The Office of the MARA is unable to provide information or advice concerning immigration matters. For general information about Australia’s visa requirements, you might like to contact the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
    See: Department of Immigration and Citizenship website
    Telephone: 131 881 (within Australia)

https://www.mara.gov.au/Consumer-Information/default.aspx

hi any update from colin, did you get sorted with sponsorship yet

hello he is in aus dis week so ill hopefully no something by next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 32johnboy

hey jumpin johnny, not sure if your the same jumpin johnny i used to work with in Oz a few years ago, but its JH from donegal here, trying to get my visa sorted to go back out again. I came across Colin Bayes on Donedeal and started talking to him about my visa options. I overstayed my 1 year WHM visa by quite a few years and he didnt seem to think this would be a problem!!! . i asked him for any sucess storys he had got jobs for and he would not give any details, id be very careful dealing with him

I was just talken to colin there and he read some of the replys,zambia that a different coiln bayes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

paulg22 for you own piece of mind you should check if he is registered as a MARA agent, you have to be a MARA agent on that register to supply an Australian visa for payment.

https://www.mara.gov.au/agent/ARSearch.aspx?FolderID=394

he has nothing to do with visa,he gets u a sponsor,then ill have to get the visa myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

That's good to know.

However I still don't see what the 500 euro is for

yeah should the employer (Sponsor) not be paying him? like what happens if the employer doesn't want to employ you or you don't meet visa requirements do you get your 500 euro back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 32johnboy

Cheers Zambia, he seems to be a bit off a bull ****ter, he got a little nasty when i decided not to take him up on his offer

The whole things really sounds iffy , even if not the same guy in trouble the idea of paying for a sponsor really sounds irregular.

paulg22 wrote: »
    hello to one and all,was on the donedeal web site,theres a fella named colin bayes(immigratoin and employment consultant) anyone have any dealing with him.:D

Hey paulg22 was just wondering did you get your money back from this guy yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭radharc05

Anyone know anything here about 'Niall Minogue'
    Got adverts all over D'deal offering to find work for skilled trades persons in Australia.
    He charges €300 for the pleasure of finding you sponsorship.
    I asked this question on another thread, and the responce is overwhelmingly negative.
    How is he getting away with it?
    Sounds like a right boyo, and has offices in Kilkenny by all accounts?
    Hmmmmmmm.

Call me suspicious but I did a search of Donedeal.ie for Colin Bayes.

0 Results

He has suddenly went very quiet.

how ever there are new ads been advertised as 'Downunder placements'

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/others/2949910

191805.png

but have a look at the phone number.

and compare it with Colin Bayes advert from a few weeks ago.

191806.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 johnbegud

mandrake04 gud work there must be something going on,i have a friend and he is out of pocket hes very pissed off,i dont no wat he is going to do,people cant get away with dis something has to be done.

• Advertisement

johnbegud wrote: »
    mandrake04 gud work there must be something going on,i have a friend and he is out of pocket hes very pissed off,i dont no wat he is going to do,people cant get away with dis something has to be done.

PM sent

People need to be very careful in their dealings with anyone who represents themselves as an immigration lawyer/ adviser / visa arranger or whatever. This applies to all countries - US , Canada , Australia , New Zealand or wherever.
    I have known folks who got done out of thousands in fees for visas which never materialised and these people were Canadian who were trying to move to the US - at the end of it all the lawyer just said '' sorry , but it's not my fault ''.

The crash of the Irish economy has been reported on extensively world wide as has the surge in emigration - there will always be scammers willing to take advantage and people foolish enough to part with their cash without doing their homework.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 johnbegud

i see that fella coiln p bayes has a new web site and he is worken out of australian and i dont think he should be!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

mandrake04 wrote: »
    but have a look at the phone number
    Put the number into Google to get "about 534 results"...

Got the email address: crt_traders (at) eircom.net so I googled it, and got cpbayes (at) gmail.com

cpbayes (at) gmail.com

Do a google on Colin Philip Bayes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tractortom74

New to boards myself. But just kind of felt compelled to post regarding Niall Minogue.

We, myself and my husband visited him to-day after having long drawn out converstions on the phone, we finally made the trip to Kilkenny.

Yes he does have an office there, its just off the hotel. He's got his maps on the walls, and a list of people on a little board with details on it that I'm sure only he understands.

No one and believe me NO ONE asks as many questions as I do/did.
    He answered all of them. He shoots from the hip quite definately and definately speaks his mind.

He does'nt offer VISAs as I think someone mentioned.
    What he does is find companies that suit your c.v, then places people as appropriate, then THOSE companies pay for your Visa. Some companies will even pay your flights.

Anyways long and the short of it is, he's ok
    He mentioned something had been written about him, and was clearly quite peeved by it. He's only just starting out, but he's getting people jobs in Australia, he definately is, because I demanded I speak to someone he had placed. He verified everything, and NO he definately was'nt fluffing.

Long and the short of it, hes a pretty sound guy who says what he thinks.Sure he can talk, no doubt about it, but he's not out to scam anyone, well we did'nt think so, thats why we handed over €300

Will keep you posted and let you know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

New to boards myself. But just kind of felt compelled to post regarding Niall Minogue.

We, myself and my husband visited him to-day after having long drawn out converstions on the phone, we finally made the trip to Kilkenny.

Yes he does have an office there, its just off the hotel. He's got his maps on the walls, and a list of people on a little board with details on it that I'm sure only he understands.

He answered all of them. He shoots from the hip quite definately and definately speaks his mind.

What he does is find companies that suit your c.v, then places people as appropriate, then THOSE companies pay for your Visa. Some companies will even pay your flights.

He mentioned something had been written about him, and was clearly quite peeved by it. He's only just starting out, but he's getting people jobs in Australia, he definately is, because I demanded I speak to someone he had placed. He verified everything, and NO he definately was'nt fluffing.

Long and the short of it, hes a pretty sound guy who says what he thinks.Sure he can talk, no doubt about it, but he's not out to scam anyone, well we did'nt think so, thats why we handed over €300

Hi Nial..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tractortom74

Nope, we're a family of 4 from Cork. Looking to head to Oz.
    Said we'd take a chance with him.
    Like I said, we'll see how it goes.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭radharc05

Hope it all works out well for ye.
    We've decided to go the agent route, we found a fella in England who was recommended by a friend in Perth, going to cost a bit, but shur what does'nt?
    We've got a bit of time on our hands, but we've got a lot of paperwork to fill out. And we've got to wait until June until the 2 girls finish school anyway.
    We mite even meet ye out there!

• Advertisement

investment wrote: »
    Hi Nial..

You cynic you.......:D

Advertisement