Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

australian jobs on donedeal web site.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rogered

I've had some correspondence with Mr Bayes recently and luckily stumbled across this forum before taking matters further.

It seems as though many of you have little trust in this guy and paying him is probably not ideal to process your sponsorship or visa.

I would give this one a wide berth.

I'll know what to look for in the future now.

If it's too good to be true, it probably is!

There are fantastic opportunities out in Australia and these incidents are going to be more commonplace so like any other scam, be vigilant!

Sorry senor,
    I wouldn't agree....Im currently working with Colin bayes & his recruitment agency & I find him informative & to the point.....all agents are far from mannerly but I want him to find me a job not to be best friends for life with him!
    He has given me all the guidelines & my job classification in oz. He answered all my silly questions promptly with no frills!
    There has no mention of his fee but under the terms & conditions/ contract....nothing is to be paid until I get a genuine job offer & I have accepted this offer!
    This is true & not 3rd hand information or pub talk!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WiDGe->

this thread is HILARIOUS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

WiDGe-> wrote: »
    this thread is HILARIOUS!!

+1

Im loving it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭breanach

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Well I will just draw some slight comparisons to some of the posts, I am not a grammar Nazi or anything but most people leave 1 space after a comma and 2 after a period.

How can so many posters on the same thread make the same mistake of putting a couple of spaces before comma's and Periods? Maybe it is coincidence but this has to be the most coincidental thread I have ever read.

seriously ye have to much time on yer hands.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭breanach

mercenary2 wrote: »
    ok for anyone that wants to search this company here is link.. http://www.cro.ie/search/

search for both bus. name and trading name you will get no result

yet i search my own trade name and yup there i am registered with cro.

i aint moving to oz so dont care if this man stings u or is legit,but there is the web address to check if he is registered which he isnt..

oh and i could open a office anywere sting a few ppl and close shop reopen somwhere else without a trace can be done. office and phone no. mean sweet f..k all........

lads i registered a company a few years back and by the time the paper work came back and i was online it took months so the fact you cant find it is no proof what so ever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gbfreeze

paulg22 wrote: »
    hello to one and all,was on the donedeal web site,theres a fella named colin bayes(immigratoin and employment consultant) anyone have any dealing with him.:D

Could you tell me your findings with this fella? What results has Colin got for you so far?

Could anybody tell me If they have got a job through Colin Bayes as i am thinking about working through him to get a 457,

PM me anytime with information on this, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rogered

Zambia wrote: »
    I wouldn't.

Tell us more please

I wouldn't.

Why? i understand there are doubts but from what i am reading there is no one saying that they have paid with no success or have being scammed in any way,

If he is capable of doing the job he says well i don't mind paying the money for the service he provides,

If anyone knows some good or bad info on him please post it up here, as there seems to be a lot of people wary but no actual evidence that he is doing anything wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 paulg22

hello gbfreeze,i was trying to work with coiln p bayes a few months ago,for him to do anything for me i had to pay him the fee so i said i go for it,the next thing i found a thread on a web site about recruitment agents,i said that id put one on boards.ie to find out did anyone else have any dealing with him,the next thing was coiln p bayes found out about it and said he was going bringing me to court for puting up a thread,then he said i would get my money back but its four months now,the mans full of **** i have over 50 email off him,iv learned the hard way about him,in the end i got work with out giveing anyone any money,maybe u should go down that root,there loads of web sites.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

Great thread. I love it when people sign up to boards purely to defend someone like this. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

hello gbfreeze,i was trying to work with coiln p bayes a few months ago,for him to do anything for me i had to pay him the fee so i said i go for it,the next thing i found a thread on a web site about recruitment agents,i said that id put one on boards.ie to find out did anyone else have any dealing with him,the next thing was coiln p bayes found out about it and said he was going bringing me to court for puting up a thread,then he said i would get my money back but its four months now,the mans full of **** i have over 50 email off him,iv learned the hard way about him,in the end i got work with out giveing anyone any money,maybe u should go down that root,there loads of web sites.

Thanks for sharing your experience and Good Luck with the new job:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Sorry to hear you got ripped off. Hopefully someone will see this thread and they know its a scam. Have you told the guards? Does he have 500 quid belonging to you still?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

LLU wrote: »
    Great thread. I love it when people sign up to boards purely to defend someone like this. :rolleyes:

Agreed

This actually made me wondering ....Perhaps we should ask Mods/Admins to check the IP
    addresses of the new people signing up just to defend so called recruitment agencies.:rolleyes:

Far too many strange coincidences IMHO

Finally a answer, thanks so much for reply saves me spending 500 euros on nothing, also is there any chance you could send me on them other websites that helped you, i might know alot of them already but there may be some i dont :)

Have you contacted donedeal and reported this man so he can at least be stopped from advertising so easily,

I hope you get your money back from this guy, its such a low act getting money in good faith like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 paulg22

I dont think ill get it back,but ill get on to the guards and thay mite get on to donedeal.

Come on GB you must have known it was a scam. Forgive my short reply but I was on a mobile and there was pretty good indications on the thread why one should leave it alone.

Paulg sorry it didnt work out, fair play for coming back on and stating what went on. I would not worry about any legal threats from Mr Bayes.

Did anyone get to actually meet him or was it all emails?

Come on GB you must have known it was a scam. Forgive my short reply but I was on a mobile and there was pretty good indications on the thread why one should leave it alone.

Paulg sorry it didnt work out, fair play for coming back on and stating what went on. I would not worry about any legal threats from Mr Bayes.

Did anyone get to actually meet him or was it all emails?

Sorry but i didn't know it was a scam, I was unsure what to make of it, as he was advertising on donedeal for so long and i was thinking surely they would remove him if any complaints were made, I am careful and i do try and find out as much as i can before handing over money, but i couldn't find anyone that could say for sure it was genuine or fake until Paulg came back and posted,

Yes there was lots of people saying be careful but nothing concrete that I could be sure of, Plus if you have talked to the guy he does know his stuff on the process so it can be hard to judge, Reason I didn't give him money was because he wanted it too fast and i had more questions to ask, but from the brief chats i had with him over emails he answered all questions fast and accurate,

some con men are very good at there Job i hope something is done about this as he will get more and more people contacting him that want/need to leave the country

gbfreeze wrote: »
    Sorry but i didn't know it was a scam, I was unsure what to make of it, as he was advertising on donedeal for so long and i was thinking surely they would remove him if any complaints were made, I am careful and i do try and find out as much as i can before handing over money, but i couldn't find anyone that could say for sure it was genuine or fake until Paulg came back and posted,
    The very fact you made the enquiry shows you just didnt trust the person you were dealing with. The little voice inside your head must have been pleading with you not to do this.

Honestly if Paul had not posted would you have gone ahead?

Yes there was lots of people saying be careful but nothing concrete that I could be sure of, Plus if you have talked to the guy he does know his stuff on the process so it can be hard to judge, Reason I didn't give him money was because he wanted it too fast and i had more questions to ask, but from the brief chats i had with him over emails he answered all questions fast and accurate,
    If it is the guy from the initial link I posted he would be very well spoken and know his Facts no question.
    some con men are very good at there Job i hope something is done about this as he will get more and more people contacting him that want/need to leave the country

You see here is the thing from what I gather he is not breaking the law just offering a bad service. He will take your cash then is free to say sorry in your case my enquiry's failed to get you a Job.

Even if he was commiting a crime the mobile he provided was a UK one so if would be very hard to launch a cross border prosecution. Never mind arrest or extradition.

This is why I asked does anyone know where he is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I dont think ill get it back,but ill get on to the guards and thay mite get on to donedeal.

A waste of your time and the Guards - impossible to prove a crime has been committed.

This is exactly what I warned about in earlier posts - folks pony up cash only for the advisor to say '' sorry it hasn't worked out , not my fault ''

• Advertisement

The very fact you made the enquiry shows you just didnt trust the person you were dealing with. The little voice inside your head must have been pleading with you not to do this.

Honestly if Paul had not posted would you have gone ahead?

If it is the guy from the initial link I posted he would be very well spoken and know his Facts no question.

You see here is the thing from what I gather he is not breaking the law just offering a bad service. He will take your cash then is free to say sorry in your case my enquiry's failed to get you a Job.

Even if he was commiting a crime the mobile he provided was a UK one so if would be very hard to launch a cross border prosecution. Never mind arrest or extradition.

This is why I asked does anyone know where he is?

I'll be honest i was very close to going ahead with the guy, i inquired to donedeal and they said they had zero complaints at that time regarding his ads so they were not worried it was a scam,

I like to work with company's i know are legit hence my hesitation,

Does anybody know of a legit service where i could pay a fee to a company to help get me a 457 visa, I have the qualifications needed to get it but im finding it hard to get a recruitment company that actually looks for jobs in places you would like to move too,

I don't mind paying for this service and i know there are free ones but I am looking to relocate in certain areas so finding it much harder to get a company to go and look for sponsorship jobs for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Does anybody know of a legit service where i could pay a fee to a company to help get me a 457 visa, I have the qualifications needed to get it but im finding it hard to get a recruitment company that actually looks for jobs in places you would like to move too,

I don't mind paying for this service and i know there are free ones but I am looking to relocate in certain areas so finding it much harder to get a company to go and look for sponsorship jobs for me

If you want legit try https://www.mara.gov.au/

If you want to find a legit job that might offer sponsorship try

http://www.seek.com.au
    http://www.careerone.com.au

Just because you pay someone €500 doesn't suddenly make you a better candidate or anything it just makes you look desperate, if you are suitable for the job then an employer will sponsor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ElecEngineer

I have seen a post on LinkedIn about this Colin Bayes and he's offering me jobs in Australia, but according to him the charge of $ 350 AUD is only for my Assessment at Engineers Australia. He said his fees are paid by an Australian Sponsor once I get a job.
    I've made him a few questions and I'm waiting for his comments, but if anybody else can provide me some information about it, I'd really appreciate.
    I also have been reading some posts here, so I'd like to know if this Colin Bayes is the same person acting at these two companies on the title above.

Thanks!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I have seen a post on LinkedIn about this Colin Bayes and he's offering me jobs in Australia, but according to him the charge of $ 350 AUD is only for my Assessment at Engineers Australia. He said his fees are paid by an Australian Sponsor once I get a job.
    I've made him a few questions and I'm waiting for his comments, but if anybody else can provide me some information about it, I'd really appreciate.
    I also have been reading some posts here, so I'd like to know if this Colin Bayes is the same person acting at these two companies on the title above.

Donedeal is a listing site like Gumtree. Maybe he has an advert on donedeal in a different company name?

Ask yourself

If you give this guy 350 Euro and never see it again what recourse do you have ?

Where is he ?
    How would you get your money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ElecEngineer

Very true, if something goes wrong I won't have his address to get my money back!

Just to let everybody knows, when I asked about his office address before I give him the 350AUD, he kicked me off from the candidate selection...

It's pretty sad the way some people make their living and I'm glad there are forums like these to help people not be fooled.:D

Very true, if something goes wrong I won't have his address to get my money back!

Just to let everybody knows, when I asked about his office address before I give him the 350AUD, he kicked me off from the candidate selection...

Seems legit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 boks

TRACY69 wrote: »
    I,m consulting with Colin Bayes (Downunderplacements) he wants payment of £375 for his fees , can anybody tell me if this man is genuine
    would really appreciate any feedback Thanx
    Originally Posted by TRACY69 View Post
    I,m consulting with Colin Bayes (Downunderplacements) he wants payment of £375 for his fees , can anybody tell me if this man is genuine
    would really appreciate any feedback Thanx

Hi tracy

Dont even do it. COLIN BAYES DOWN UNDER PLACEMENTS is the biggest scammers . we paid money and nothing happened we still waiting . They dogging me like crazy not getting repsonse . SO WHOEVER SEES THEIR ADDS THEY ARE CROCKS STAY AWAY.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Chaz2012

This is same guy don't go near him it's a scam we paid hin the money an heard nothing from him he has totally disappeared an offers unrealistic jobs stay away!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Chaz2012

Paulg22 what websites did u look on that u got a job from

Advertisement