Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-06-2011, 19:28   #1
sissorhands

Slane Concert 2012

Discuss who you think should play Slane Castle 2012

Personally I believe it should be Bruce Springsteen and Arcade Fire supporting him, as they sound very similar, in the same kind of genre of music, they both collaborate together when they are playing the same concert, to my knowledge they're both releasing albums this year and next year. They both have a huge fan base and following here in Ireland, separately and combined, hence it'd sell out in minutes, so why not?? It'd be a major major music event! Bruce loves Slane since his last time there, he visits it everytime he is in Ireland

But that's just my two cents! WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Advertisement
01-06-2011, 20:46   #2
jack presley

The hotel in Slane that Bruce goes to when he's here is now closed so he might not be too happy with that! And he never has a support act so that would rule out Arcade Fire supporting. I don't think he has any plans to tour anyway so it's probably academic.
Thanks from:
01-06-2011, 21:22   #3
lauraconn

Slane 2011, what a buzz my friends ! Cant wait for next year !
01-06-2011, 21:52   #4
karaokeman

Green Day

A bit early now isn't it?

Ah but yeah Slane 2012 will be good, if it takes place.

I say Green Day for headline slot as we've been waiting long enough now.

Maybe for supports they could throw in Weezer, Blink 182 and maybe a few minor lesser-known acts here and there.

Thats what I would like anyway.
Thanks from:
01-06-2011, 21:53   #5
Mental Mickey

It'll probably never happen, but I'd like the Big 4(Metallica,Slayer,Anthrax & Megadeth) to play it.
Advertisement
01-06-2011, 21:57   #6
Furious-Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaokeman View Post
A bit early now isn't it?

Ah but yeah Slane 2012 will be good, if it takes place.

I say Green Day for headline slot as we've been waiting long enough now.

Maybe for supports they could throw in Weezer, Blink 182 and maybe a few minor lesser-known acts here and there.

Thats what I would like anyway.
Green Day couldnt even sell out Marlay Park last year so no way they will do Slane. Presume Blink will do Oxegen next year aswell
01-06-2011, 22:00   #7
bren2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious-Red View Post
Green Day couldnt even sell out Marlay Park last year so no way they will do Slane. Presume Blink will do Oxegen next year aswell
They were in talks to do it two years ago. My bet is for Green Day as well.

If KoL played Marlay they wouldn't sell it out. There is a core group that go to Slane, many people will go to an act they half like as its Slane and some people will go to Slane to break their for virginity.
01-06-2011, 22:08   #8
karaokeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren2001 View Post

If KoL played Marlay they wouldn't sell it out. There is a core group that go to Slane, many people will go to an act they half like as its Slane and some people will go to Slane to break their for virginity.
Agreed Slane is much better buzz than a normal park in Dublin like Marlay.

I'd say lots of people will go because Slane would attract the kind of people who listen to Green Day.

Blink would be good as a support whether or not they play Oxegen 2012 and their old school punk would go well with Green Day.
01-06-2011, 22:08   #9
Table Top Joe

I sincerely hope Bruce(or anyone else i like)doesnt go anywhere near Slane,why on earth would you want to go there?? a big field in the middle of nowhere?? never understood the attraction......ill be gutted if he plays there tbh
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
01-06-2011, 22:12   #10
sissorhands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table Top Joe View Post
I sincerely hope Bruce(or anyone else i like)doesnt go anywhere near Slane,why on earth would you want to go there?? a big field in the middle of nowhere?? never understood the attraction......ill be gutted if he plays there tbh
Then why did he play there before? And visits the village everytime he goes to Ireland because of how much he loves the village?
Thanks from:
01-06-2011, 22:13   #11
jossnjuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack presley View Post
The hotel in Slane that Bruce goes to when he's here is now closed so he might not be too happy with that! And he never has a support act so that would rule out Arcade Fire supporting. I don't think he has any plans to tour anyway so it's probably academic.

exactly. i have nowt further to add, everything i wanted to say was here!
01-06-2011, 22:20   #12
Table Top Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissorhands View Post
Then why did he play there before? And visits the village everytime he goes to Ireland because of how much he loves the village?

Huh?

I meant why as a fan would anyone go there,i know why a band would want to play there! seriously though,im puzzled why people like it,miles away from the stage surronded by people who'd struggle to name more than 2 or 3 songs by any of the bands theyre seeing(inc the headliners).....and until they hear those songs they just chat amongst themselves and drink like their life depends on it,this is fun?? give me Vicar St or even the 02 anyday
01-06-2011, 22:21   #13
Mars Bar

I honestly don't know where I picked up on this but I thought Bruce said he'd never play Slane again as he felt it was dangerous for the crowd or something...
01-06-2011, 22:28   #14
sissorhands

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars bar View Post
I honestly don't know where I picked up on this but I thought Bruce said he'd never play Slane again as he felt it was dangerous for the crowd or something...
Maybe that's bob??
01-06-2011, 23:06   #15
Furious-Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren2001 View Post

Yea i do agree that a lot of people go to Slane because its Slane but i still dont believe they could headline and shift 80,000 tickets

If KOL played Marlay Park it would def sell out.

Although maybe if they had Foos headline with Green Day under them or a co headline job would be great
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion