Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT5 Touring Car Championship on Tuesdays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Round 5

Tuesday @ 20.30

Track: Autumn Ring
    Race: x2 5 laps (Reverse Grid in second)

Autumn%20Ring.png

Car: HPA Motorsports FT565 twin turbo Audi TT
    b0058169_4c202434bd00d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Peadar_Rua

Right lads, have hopefully got connection issues sorted, now lookint to consolidate my position on the leaderboard!!

Right add me so. The lobby is open.

jebuslives

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

count me in tonight,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I hope to get racing tonight, just waiting on this dam system update to finish downloading :mad:

• Advertisement

Race 2

1 DOH2000E
    2 Phoniexknight
    3 jebuslives
    4 meath77
    5 Peadar_Rua
    6 Cossiedevil

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DOHC2000E

Race 1

1 DOHC2000E
    2 Phoniexknight
    3 Peadar_Rua
    4 Jebuslives
    5 Cossiedevil
    6 Meath77

Some good racing tonight guys, well done, the after races were even better.

tonydude wrote: »
    Some good racing tonight guys, well done, the after races were even better.

Yep, good racing all around.
    Didn't particularly like that Audi, handles like a cavity block.

The Renaults @ High Speed Ring were epic again, less than a tenth in it in both races :D

Nascar races were just mental as always, got caught up in accidents in both but still good fun.

Even the Minis at the end were very good.

Hope you're sitting comfortably Tony :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Great fun tonight, the Nascar races were brill :D

• Advertisement

Championship Standings

After Round 5

1...DOHC2000E (DOH2000E)........................... 163
    2...Phoniexknight (Tonydude)......................... 155
    3...jimmy1979 (Jimmy9999)............................ 111
    4...meath77 (paparazzo)............................... 111
    5...jebuslives (AIR-AUSSIE)............................. 90
    6...ekztrakto (Doc_Savage)............................. 68
    7...Magown (Magown3)................................... 61
    8...Peadar_rua (Peadar_Rua)............................ 58
    9...Cossiedevil (Hellboy99)............................... 55
    10..twinsen_x (twinsen).................................. 36

Next week Grand Valley East.

Qualifying @8.30

Race: x2 5 lap races (reverse grid in second)
    Restrictions: None
    Tires: Racing Soft
    Penalties: Weak

800px-GT5_Circuit_Grand_Valley_East_Course.svg.png

Rules: (A reminder)

The race track is the road between two white lines and includes the kerbs. Two wheels must remain within the white lines at all times.
    I understand that accidents can happen but in qualifying be honest and invalidate your lap (by quiting free run and re-entering) if you feel you've cheated.

Respect your fellow racers. The racer in front of you has the right of way. You cannot ram him off the road or use him as a barrier to take a corner.
    I realise that it is part of racing and cars will touch and there will be crashes. IF you do ram someone off the road the very least you can do is apologise after the race.

Any person who violates these rules will be given one warning, continue and will be asked to leave. I don't have the patience for bullsh!t and I'm sure no body else in the championship does either. I don't like wasting people's time waiting in a lobby while we try and deal with stuff like in Round 2. I don't have much time to play GT5. I'd like to spend the time I have racing.

I am the host of the lobby, I control the settings and regulations. You can request me to change lobby settings fine. But to keep things running smoothly I think its best for one person to do it.

GrandValleyEast_3.jpg

DOHC2000E wrote: »
    Yep, good racing all around.
    Didn't particularly like that Audi, handles like a cavity block.

The Renaults @ High Speed Ring were epic again, less than a tenth in it in both races :D

Nascar races were just mental as always, got caught up in accidents in both but still good fun.

Even the Minis at the end were very good.

Yea that audi was not wat i expected at all. Althhough you seemed to run away with it.

I couldnt drive the mini at all.

Well done on the clean racing guys. I think everyone enjoyed it tonight. May it continue.

:D yes

Looking forward to Grand Valley

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    I think we need to have a discussion to what type of cars to use.

My suggestions

Round 6 15/02/2011
    Grand Valley East Lancer Evo X GSR

Round 7 22/02/2011
    London Lancia Delta

Round 8 01/03/2011
    Tsukuba Peugeot 207 GTi

Round 9 08/03/2011
    Fuji Aston Martin DB9

Round 10 (Final) 15/03/2011
    Deep Forest Raceway Mazda RX-7

With suggestions/feedback from others maybe a poll could be run before each round to decide?
    Having said that I think you've done a good job choosing the car/track combo so far with the possible exception of that bloody Audi, it just doesn't like to turn and Autumn ring is a tricky circuit anyway so for anyone who was trying to learn both it would have been a nightmare.

I haven't tried the combos I've suggested here, just had a look through the garage and they looked like they might work.

[/B]With suggestions/feedback from others maybe a poll could be run before each round to decide?
    Having said that I think you've done a good job choosing the car/track combo so far with the possible exception of that bloody Audi, it just doesn't like to turn and Autumn ring is a tricky circuit anyway so for anyone who was trying to learn both it would have been a nightmare.

I haven't tried the combos I've suggested here, just had a look through the garage and they looked like they might work.

I think the first race choice was a bit lacking - Monza and a golf didn't go too well. Yea I think we should try and keep the handling of the cars relatively easy to learn.

There's also a random race event generator that a guy from gtp has been working on - here but its currently offline.

Speaking of the remaining rounds think I'd prefer Monaco or something - Is that available online?

To be fair I thought the Golf was fine, much like the Megane on HSR it made for close racing and there wasn't much chance of pulling out a huge lead. The problem was the shortcut on the second chicane in particular, one penalties were on it was fine. Being the first race it made sense to choose something low powered on a relatively simple circuit. ;)

Yes, monaco is available

As our numbers are dwindling a bit - do you guys know of any way we could maybe get more racers? I have added a hyperlink in my sig to see if that'll generate some more interest. Do ye have any ideas?

Also gtplanet is a very useful site, some of you may not know of. The Championships they have running really makes ours look amateur.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    As our numbers are dwindling a bit - do you guys know of any way we could maybe get more racers? I have added a hyperlink in my sig to see if that'll generate some more interest. Do ye have any ideas?

how about racing on sundays?

There's already a championship on Sundays that some people from this Championship compete in so that wouldn't really work. Don't really wanna change the day either as it suits my schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

kev isn't organising the sunday race. pity it doesnt suit because there usually a good few on.

• Advertisement

It looks from the thread it will still be organised though. And I'd imagine people would like to continue with it rather than move to this one. I think tuesday has worked fine so far.

Throw up a new thread in Games looking for drivers, some people might not know we are here in Racing sims :D

To confirm the race will be this Tuesday.

Round 6 15/02/2011
    Track: Grand Valley East
    Car: Lancer Evo X GSR

I'm giving DOH's pick a go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Definitely wouldn't change to Sunday. There's room for both sunday and tuesday. Sunday doesn't suit me. But Champions League is starting up again, so Tuesdays might lose a couple more people.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Ill give it a go on tuesday, my psn is "phil-mackeral".

funkyouup wrote: »

nice one, we' ll see ya there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,486 ✭✭✭✭guil

i'll join in on tuesday, psn is guil07
    are the cars used from the arcade or can we buy and tune or own ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

guil wrote: »

It's arcade cars. Makes it cheaper! Usually there's 2 five lap races, then whoever's still online have a mess around with random cars on random tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,486 ✭✭✭✭guil

nice one, see ye tuesday

• Advertisement

funkyouup wrote: »
    guil wrote: »

Hey would you's mind sending me an invite cos I won't be on-line until Tuesday evening.

PSN - jebuslives

Advertisement