Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-04-2010, 19:10   #1
DeadMoney

Anyone sitting BS2 Exams?

Hey, anyone perhaps know much about the financial management module for bs2? Am completely screwed for this exam so have the next 4 weeks to really catch up. Have emailed the lecturer but he isn't too responsive to those who have not been attending all the lectures. Was actually going to these lectures a fair bit but just wasn't following it enough. Anyone have any tips or advice on how to tackle this one?
Thanks
Advertisement
02-05-2010, 15:40   #2
sinn7

Hey you should really try doing the past exam papers cos they're pretty much what we're going to get. Be warned though, we didn't cover preference shares, how to calculate return on debt, the dividend growth model or backwards bond price.

If you're really stuck it might be an idea to try and have someone who went to lectures explain some of the examples to you
03-05-2010, 19:35   #3
DeadMoney

Thanks Sinn, I have been doing a bit if work on it over the past week and have learned a few of the topics. Still a lot of study to do though for it though especially section 1. Can you just tell me (if you know) what is the story with the structure of the exam paper? With the long questions in section B & C I know we have to answer one from each but are there assigned topics to these sections? Like is Porfolio theory gonna be one question and NPV another question etc.? Sorry for all the questions.
cheers
04-05-2010, 14:25   #4
sinn7

Yeah section B on the exam paper will only have questions relating the the 1st topic on Moodle (the presentation labelled as Section 1) which I think is mainly NPV style questions.

Section C will be a mixture of questions relating to Sections 2 & 3 on Moodle.

With section 3 you can skip slides 11-22 as he didn't cover them
04-05-2010, 18:22   #5
DeadMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn7 View Post
Yeah section B on the exam paper will only have questions relating the the 1st topic on Moodle (the presentation labelled as Section 1) which I think is mainly NPV style questions.

Section C will be a mixture of questions relating to Sections 2 & 3 on Moodle.

With section 3 you can skip slides 11-22 as he didn't cover them
Many thanks!
Advertisement
06-05-2010, 17:06   #6
DeadMoney

Thanks for the tip. Just after realizing that the first section on the exam is worth 50% over all! This is the 10 questions. Just wondering what is the best way to prepare for this part? Is it just a mix of all 3 section including theory?
Cheers
06-05-2010, 17:26   #7
sinn7

Actually have no idea there, sorry! I assume it's a mixture but he never mentioned it in the lectures
06-05-2010, 19:42   #8
DeadMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn7 View Post
Actually have no idea there, sorry! I assume it's a mixture but he never mentioned it in the lectures
k thanks anyway, I assume its similar enough to previous years papers, which don't look too tough.
06-05-2010, 21:35   #9
sinn7

Yeah I'd say so although he didn't set last year's paper himself but he did set 07/08
Advertisement
08-05-2010, 15:57   #10
Butters111

Hey

Anyone know why the equation formula page he put up for the exam only has three formula's? Do we not need everything else he had up there originally? like FV, WACC etc.?
08-05-2010, 18:29   #11
sinn7

I think we do but we have to learn them off. If you look back through the exam papers, last year had all the formulae (but he didn't set last year's paper) whereas the year before only had three or four (and that's the paper he set)
08-05-2010, 18:44   #12
Butters111

Thanks!
09-05-2010, 18:41   #13
DeadMoney

Hey does anyone else think the structure of Industrial economics is a bit stupid? I mean there are 11 questions to learn, and only 1 of which we will need to answer. Also half of the entire marks are going for this essay alone so basically we have to know every question in depth in order to be able to write an actual essay one of two Q's coming up. So far I have about 7/11 answers done out but I can't find answers to about 3 of the rest. The MCQ section seems ok but sort of worried about which long questions come up on the paper.

Last edited by DeadMoney; 09-05-2010 at 18:44.
09-05-2010, 19:26   #14
sinn7

Oh tell me about it! That is my most dreaded exam by far! Technically you can afford to leave out one of the essays cos it's a choice of two but yeah they're still really hard. A lot of mine I have an answer for the first part of the essay and the second part I have to come up with on the day cos I really have nothing!
09-05-2010, 19:54   #15
DeadMoney

yeah I think it would have been a lot better of he say put 4 Q's on paper and we had to answer 2 at 25% each. This way it would be a bit easier to cover yourself and make up marks rather than basing 50% of the entire module on one question alone. I dunno, just think its a bit of a weird structure. My plan is to just cover the ones I can do, and hope to try pick up a decent mark in the MCQ's (if they are similar to previous years, this shouldn't be tough). Can't see myself being confident in a full 10 Q's by next Friday so just gotta hope that one of my stronger Q's comes up. At least the toughest exam will be out of the way first I guess.
GL

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion