Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone sitting BS2 Exams?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Butters111

Hey, sorry that's the one i didn't do. Anyone else find some of the mcq's in the links he has on moodle really difficult!? I did the 2008 paper and found that relatively ok, but those q in the links seem way more complicated!? is it just me!?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Butters111 wrote: »
    Hey, sorry that's the one i didn't do. Anyone else find some of the mcq's in the links he has on moodle really difficult!? I did the 2008 paper and found that relatively ok, but those q in the links seem way more complicated!? is it just me!?:(

K no probs, thanks anyway. Yeah those MCQ links are definitely tougher than than the exam ones. Apparently he said that he uses the same 80 MCQ's to draft his exam papers so the 25 MCQ's on Friday should be a mix of the ones from past papers with his name. On saying that and not trying to make u paranoid or anything, I wouldn't be surprised if the MCQ's were different. As there is only 25 instead of the usual 40, and they are worth more marks per question, I just have a feeling they might be different. Anyway hopefully I'm wrong and they will be the same, coz I'm sort of banking on these to pick up marks.

Is it just me or has anyone else lost some valuable cramming time today waiting for these bloody org theory results? I've been preoccupied with them all day and now apparently she is sending them alphabetically to individual students via email. I honestly don't think she could have done a worse job handling these results, I guess common sense and academic ability don't go hand in hand :rolleyes:

I think I've just lost valuable cramming time in general! I just can't focus!:(

Yeah I hear ya, I'm burnt out since monday and just can't seem to get anything going. Finding it so hard to focus on anything other than Economics and Industrial relations. I'd hit the roof if I got over 40% in my org theory CA but extremely unlikely, ha don't think i'd even sit the paper. Summer exams are hell!

• Advertisement

It's funny how youtube and the likes seem so much more interesting right now!! i emailed organisations lecturer and she said to answer the q's 50% theory, 50% application

It's funny how youtube and the likes seem so much more interesting right now!! i emailed organisations lecturer and she said to answer the q's 50% theory, 50% application

oh rite, didn't know that. Well at this stage I'll be doing well if I can even write out the basic theory coz I still haven't opened a book yet. What a joke concerning the results, I just want to know that i'm not completely ****ed for the exam, I mean why the hell can't she just post them all on moodle in an excel file like normal lecturers do?? Emailing god knows how many students individually will take forever! Lol, I'm proper stressed now :mad:

It's really gay! I don't know why she bothered saying tonight 'at the latest' if she wasn't going to!!!

It's really gay! I don't know why she bothered saying tonight 'at the latest' if she wasn't going to!!!

Coz she's ****ing brain dead, least she could do is send a group email to explain the delays instead of having students refreshing their email every 2mins less than 2 days away from exams. Anyway i'm giving up hope for 2nite at this stage.

ha i agree its so mean! I would say I'd give up too but i know I'll still check anyway!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sinn7

DeadMoney wrote: »
    Coz she's ****ing brain dead, least she could do is send a group email to explain the delays instead of having students refreshing their email every 2mins less than 2 days away from exams. Anyway i'm giving up hope for 2nite at this stage.

You do know the email page refreshes itself automatically right?! Seriously though it does seem a bit pointless to email them all out individually, more hassle for both her and us!

The past two days have just been hell studying though. Like I started going to my local library (takes too long to get to DCU) to study cos there's no distraction there as a lot of sites are blocked. That solved the procrastination problems but now I'm both braindead from over cramming and I can't sleep at night so that's kinda making it worse...roll on May 29th

That was a wise thing to do! :) agh I've wasted so much time!! I over sleep that's my problem! Goin to cram like hell tmrw!!

That was a wise thing to do! :) agh I've wasted so much time!! I over sleep that's my problem! Goin to cram like hell tmrw!!

How about we swap sleep patterns tonight? You can stay awake til 5 for no reason and I'll have a lovely lie on! :p

Haha hmmm i dunno then i would definitley not do anything tmrw! ha i probably won't sleep now!!

Haha hmmm i dunno then i would definitley not do anything tmrw! ha i probably won't sleep now!!

Oh I hope you do! I'd feel terrible now if you didn't!

I made a proper mess of managing my time with study for these exams. I have nothing done for Org theory or Marketing, and still a good bit to do for Financial mgt. Sat-Wed is gonna be some seriously hectic cramming!!

I made a proper mess of managing my time with study for these exams. I have nothing done for Org theory or Marketing, and still a good bit to do for Financial mgt. Sat-Wed is gonna be some seriously hectic cramming!!

Yeah I'm exactly the same here. Haven't even done very much for financial management! >.<

For the question on Selten's chain store paradox, the second part asks 'if all small firms cooperate with a new large firm, would this be collusion?' Any suggestions for what to write for this? Sorry for all the question, I know people are busy enough. Am starting to have nitemare's about my 2 worst question coming up for economics though.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 doylema3

this is my third time to sit the economics exam after failing the summer and repeat exam last year. i think that guy is either one of the better teachers ( making us go and research and earn a pass in his class) or a student hating p***k who doesn't want anyone to pass

doylema3 wrote: »
    this is my third time to sit the economics exam after failing the summer and repeat exam last year. i think that guy is either one of the better teachers ( making us go and research and earn a pass in his class) or a student hating p***k who doesn't want anyone to pass

****, are you sure you just didn't bother studying enough? No offence but didn't you fail info systems too? I think that was a similar type of exam to economics in that there was a tonne of material to learn off. And can't imagine economics was too easy to study again last August. GL 2moro, you'll get her this time ;)

• Advertisement

For the question on Selten's chain store paradox, the second part asks 'if all small firms cooperate with a new large firm, would this be collusion?' Any suggestions for what to write for this? Sorry for all the question, I know people are busy enough. Am starting to have nitemare's about my 2 worst question coming up for economics though.
    Thanks

I remember him saying that he himself doesn't know the answer to whether it would be collusion or not. What I'm planning to do if it comes up is define collusion, talk about how it's illegal usually and the reasons for that, then go into how it could in this case be tolerated to avoid either a monopoly situation (cos that's never desirable) or to avoid both companies making a loss (because then they'll go out of business, jobs will be lost etc). If they both co-operate it could increase social welfare but I'm not sure if that's right or how.

Also going back to the perfect competition vs monopoly question and our lack of examples, I was studying that question yesterday and he didn't say "provide examples" but actually include "the issue of real world examples". The fact that we can't find any examples is exactly what he wants us to do. He says himself in the book that perfect competition is too unrealistic to be seen in real life. This is because the theory says that if losses or supernormal profits are being made, "leader" firms will exit/enter the market. Yet the theory also says that all firms are identical so if losses are being made, according to the theory, all the firms will leave the market. Then for monopoly I think if you just say stuff like how only the firm profits from monopoly and governments try to prevent monopoly situations from arising, except for natural monopolies and even some of these are no longer monopolies (Eircom, ESB).

sinn7 wrote: »
    he himself doesn't know the answer to whether it would be collusion or not.
    Now that's the kinda stuff that annoys me!! anyone still waitin on their email!?

Now that's the kinda stuff that annoys me!! anyone still waitin on their email!?

Tell me about it! Nope got mine at like half ten last night

sinn7 wrote: »
    I remember him saying that he himself doesn't know the answer to whether it would be collusion or not. What I'm planning to do if it comes up is define collusion, talk about how it's illegal usually and the reasons for that, then go into how it could in this case be tolerated to avoid either a monopoly situation (cos that's never desirable) or to avoid both companies making a loss (because then they'll go out of business, jobs will be lost etc). If they both co-operate it could increase social welfare but I'm not sure if that's right or how.

Also going back to the perfect competition vs monopoly question and our lack of examples, I was studying that question yesterday and he didn't say "provide examples" but actually include "the issue of real world examples". The fact that we can't find any examples is exactly what he wants us to do. He says himself in the book that perfect competition is too unrealistic to be seen in real life. This is because the theory says that if losses or supernormal profits are being made, "leader" firms will exit/enter the market. Yet the theory also says that all firms are identical so if losses are being made, according to the theory, all the firms will leave the market. Then for monopoly I think if you just say stuff like how only the firm profits from monopoly and governments try to prevent monopoly situations from arising, except for natural monopolies and even some of these are no longer monopolies (Eircom, ESB).

Thanks for that, I'll definitely take these points on board. Still waiting on these results, starting to worry a bit to be honest.

don't be worried, i havent got mine either... and i mean they check them off when you put it in the project box so we'd be covered in that sense!! Just getting really impatient :rolleyes:

don't be worried, i havent got mine either... and i mean they check them off when you put it in the project box so we'd be covered in that sense!! Just getting really impatient :rolleyes:

Hang in there, just got mine now. She's a generous marker, was expecting lower :)

Got it :) now i want all those hours of my life back!!!!

Got it :) now i want all those hours of my life back!!!!

True that, yesterday was a write off!

Marketing results are up on moodle now, guess its all sort of coming together. Also in relation to the economics MCQ's from what everybody is saying they are the same as past years, just 15 less questions obv.

• Advertisement

My results arn't on that sheet!!!:mad: ha typical

Advertisement