Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2010 Boards.ie Draft (Discussion and Reaction)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Any chance the draw for Rnd 14 will be put up soon???
    Don't forget I'm long overdue a good draw MNG ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Any chance the draw for Rnd 14 will be put up soon???

i fear this draw. I have plans but will change them all if i got a no.1 for instance like i did last year and changed my plans to get argueably the biggest name in sports period. though it would be nice to have back to back picks being no.20 in this round and all

Is this a celeb round?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I believe it is the Celeb round nice pick by Volt I had them on my list for the next round to feud with Demolition ah well plan B

Voltwad wrote: »
    Is this a celeb round?

afair they said that Rd13 or 14 would be and we are currently in 13 so Im guessing the celeb round is next which is why i could change my plans drastically (even though i dont really want to) if i got a really high number.

That said im still to have my pick in this round

• Advertisement

afair they said that Rd13 or 14 would be and we are currently in 13 so Im guessing the celeb round is next which is why i could change my plans drastically (even though i dont really want to) if i got a really high number.

That said im still to have my pick in this round
    And do we have to pick a celeb?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

And do we have to pick a celeb?

No, it's optional afaik

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Is the rule for celebs anyone who's appeared on WWE/WCW/TNA TV?

I dont think I will pick a celeb unless I get a high number and maybe trade with Vince;)

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Is the rule for celebs anyone who's appeared on WWE/WCW/TNA TV?

iirc they have to have had an active part in a show so not just anyone who was in the crowd.

edit: i forgot about trades! that could make this interesting, people trading massive names they dont need in the hope to trade them for people they could have never drafted at this late stage.

• Advertisement

iirc they have to have had an active part in a show so not just anyone who was in the crowd.

so no to Acorn, but yes to K-Fed...GMs...etc. So as long as they had a WWE mic and were in the ring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Is the trade something seperate to the rounds? would be very interesting to have a single Draft day, would be a lot of fun:D

so no to Acorn, but yes to K-Fed...GMs...etc. So as long as they had a WWE mic and were in the ring?

Or Pacman Jones or some of the other sports people TNA have had

yep think thats the ruling. People who just inducted people i think got drafted last year hell godzilla got drafted last year (dont think anyone plans on taking him cept maybe Bubs or Glenjamin who could drop Chavo and get Horny to feud with Godzilla or made team up with :pac:).

Is the trade something seperate to the rounds? would be very interesting to have a single Draft day, would be a lot of fun:D

dont think anything was made final on that but thats an idea although after working so hard to get the people boardsies have drafted and planned a card around many of them i dont foresee to many trades except maybe due to the Celeb round and people getting a high number and drafting people they dont actually need.

yep think thats the ruling. People who just inducted people i think got drafted last year hell godzilla got drafted last year (dont think anyone plans on taking him cept maybe Bubs or Glenjamin who could drop Chavo and get Horny to feud with Godzilla or made team up with :pac:).

How can you draft Godzilla? Can I draft The Giant Claw? :D

Can someone explain the trade as well (is this done after the 15 rounds?)

dont think anything was made final on that but thats an idea although after working so hard to get the people boardsies have drafted and planned a card around many of them i dont foresee to many trades except maybe due to the Celeb round and people getting a high number and drafting people they dont actually need.

absolutely i presume some people would have at least one pick that they feel in hindsight was wrong i know i certainly do! something like WWE does on WWE.com were the post draft guys are announced would be awesome, if we have a seperate thread, and its all done by PM so its a surprise when people announce their draftee's on the Trade Page:cool::pac:

How can you draft Godzilla? Can I draft The Giant Claw? :D

Can someone explain the trade as well (is this done after the 15 rounds?)

i think if you type Godzilla and JBL into youtube you may find your reason although tbh i dont know exactley if Godzilla is eligable but there is precident.

I may be wrong here but was God drafted last year also or am I going a bit mad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

absolutely i presume some people would have at least one pick that they feel in hindsight was wrong i know i certainly do! something like WWE does on WWE.com were the post draft guys are announced would be awesome, if we have a seperate thread, and its all done by PM so its a surprise when people announce their draftee's on the Trade Page:cool::pac:

This idea = win!!

C'mon dojojoe, I'm all ready with my pick

• Advertisement

Show 3 of HVW Wired is now up. All feedback welcome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

campo wrote: »
    I may be wrong here but was God drafted last year also or am I going a bit mad

No he was drafted. Sure he's an honourary member of D-X

very nice show Volt you are really using your roster well the PPVs should be great and it will be a tough call who to give my points to but all the writers should take a bow doing a great job

campo wrote: »
    very nice show Volt you are really using your roster well the PPVs should be great and it will be a tough call who to give my points to but all the writers should take a bow doing a great job
    Thanks pal. Sorry about taking Harlem Heat, them against Demolition would have looked quite good as a feud I must admit.

Thanks pal. Sorry about taking Harlem Heat, them against Demolition would have looked quite good as a feud I must admit.

you had to take them as you already had Booker T , I could of know had no chance of getting them but sometimes people slip under the radar but not this time you were wide awake

Don't know if he's gone or not I haven't got much time on this to check sorry lads.
    It's Claudio Castagnoli.

Hes good dude..

Don't know if he's gone or not I haven't got much time on this to check sorry lads.
    It's Claudio Castagnoli.
    Don't believe he has been picked.

Next up is D2D. Just about ready for the penultimate draw I assume?

Claudio Castagnoli's awesome. And very european.

I think he'd go down a treat in WWE. He's a big dude with a solid gimmick :)

• Advertisement

He almost signed with WWE iirc. Shame he didn't

Advertisement