Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,831 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sparks43 wrote: »
    nope just opening it up and going to region mod it :D

Not sure you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not sure you can.

Yeah i know that now:o

*Rapidly screws everything back together*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Just bought a nes

Its Ntsc isnt it

fcc id :bmc9benintendoets

n22961467

Model no Nes-001

And all my games are pal:o

Wow!
    That's one of the first ever made!
    Must be worth thousands!
    You lucky man!!!

Or not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The first Nintendo DS if I recall! You are so lucky!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,717 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It sold with five games in the Internet!

Gem of a video for those who missed it:

Right time for bed as im up for school in the morning

Pc Maintenance and Servicing Course :eek:

Usb stick loaded with Mame and games Check

Computer mags Check

Flask of Coffee ordered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

zelda_windmill_guy_by_squeakysun-d4b29zq.gif sarias_song_zelda_by_squeakysun-d3nab2g.png
    ^click to play^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im just after getting some horrific flashbacks of this game :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

The translation patch for Ys Origins is out. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446677

Linking to the neogaf thread because it has useful info on getting it running.

I'm going to give it a go with the version that was given away a few months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,253 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone ever hear of this LCD handheld? It's called 'Laden VS USA'. You have to fly planes into the twin towers -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laden_vs_USA

It's on ebay but it's unfortunately super expensive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LADEN-VS-USA-NEW-SEALED-RAREST-HANDHELD-GAME-PLANET-/200583290168?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item2eb3b21d38

Guys if you can can you vote for my Sister in laws Hair Salon

Shes only starting out so this would be a nice boost for her

Lemons Hair Salon is the name

http://dublinlivingawards.ie/vote/4/

Cheers guys

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Anyone ever hear of this LCD handheld? It's called 'Laden VS USA'. You have to fly planes into the twin towers -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laden_vs_USA

It's on ebay but it's unfortunately super expensive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LADEN-VS-USA-NEW-SEALED-RAREST-HANDHELD-GAME-PLANET-/200583290168?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item2eb3b21d38

What in the fcuk is that all about! :confused:
    Had to check the date to make sure it wasn't April's Fools. "The game can also play inspiring music..." eh, ok. Some folk would say it should be called USA VS USA to be more accurate. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Four Swords is out for free on the 3DS and DSi today by the way...

Master of the Universe

I've been refusing to read any information about Dark Souls as I don't own a PS3. Hearing all the hype over Demon's Souls and not being able to play it was awful.

What I also missed what the pretty monumental fact that it's coming to the 360. Not only that, but it's out next week.

I am both super excited and freaked out. Freaked out due to the sheer amount of (as someone over in the Games forum put it) 'wallet rape' I'm going to experience with new games over the next while! Why do they always come out at once?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,717 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's not just the money, it's the sheer amount of time required that intimidates most.

Dark Souls, by most early previews, is 100+ hours long.

:eek:

Master of the Universe

At least it's value for money I guess!

I checked the time stats on my 3DS recently and I've played a whopping 4 and a half hours of Starfox 3D.

I'm never sure if I like time tracking or not. On one hand, the Steam and Wii updates are interesting. On the other, I remember being shocked to discover I'd played 100+ hours of Oblivion. Problem was I didn't really like it that much :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,831 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I always take recommended levels and times to beat games with a pinch of salt. Remember the 150+ hour FFVII? Beaten in 40 hours. I'm usually able to beat games in half the time reviewers say it will take. Fallout 3 200 hours? Beaten in 120 with all the DLC and doing every sidequest and a lot of exploring. I'd say DS is a 50 hour game at most.

• Advertisement

You're just a show off :P

Currently racked up 190 hours on Pokémon Black. How? I do not know...

I only have 55 hrs done in White, once I caught Clefairy I was happy enough to stop so I could start to play Mother3

Broken Sword is free on GOG for the next 48 hours...

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/broken_sword_directors_cut/

Ikaruga meets Metroidvania game Outland is on sale for a fiver on XBLA this week. Have been meaning to give it a go :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, to Twinbee or not to Twinbee, I can't decide between it or the re-version of Xevious for the 3DS.
    tbh they all leave me a bit cold, when are we going to see the likes of Castlevania SOTN remastered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, to Twinbee or not to Twinbee, I can't decide between it or the re-version of Xevious for the 3DS.
    tbh they all leave me a bit cold, when are we going to see the likes of Castlevania SOTN remastered?

Twinbee ftw!
    Love Twinbee great fun I'd like to get it but how many versions of the one game can I have:(

Edit: Just checked and the answer is one.

• Advertisement

So, to Twinbee or not to Twinbee
    you should Twinbee
    me and Retr0 were playing Pop'n TwinBee Rainbow Bell Adventures on Sunday, it was awesome to play it again, hadn't played in a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mr Vengeance

You're just a show off :P

I put about 1k into Pokemon Blue, near enough the same amount into Dragon Warrior Monsters and over 250 into Pokemon Gold back in the day. I think I put over 350 into Disgaea on the PS2 as well.

Long are the days past when I would put silly amounts of time into video games... A good thing as it means I have more time to play other stuff, but also a bad thing too as I rarely truly master or "completely" complete games anymore, either because I can't be bothered or something else comes along. I suppose I'm older and have more stuff to be getting on with in life. Those epic sessions on Pokemons Blue and Gold were done when I was in school.

I'm going to be reigning in my spending now however as I bought an awful lot of stuff over the summer, right before signing up on here. That means I should be playing a lot more as opposed to buying.... thats the plan anyway. I have a few games pre-ordered but I won't be getting any more epics hauls I'd say until after Christmas.

I see what they did there...

81JId.png

I wonder how much that dept were paid to come up with that one?
    Other options included...
    MK: WTF? Blue shell strikes again!
    MK6, because none of you shall remember the sh1te one on the N64
    MK: Yoshi loses his arms again and has to use a specially adapted kart
    MK: Green, where the karts are eco karts, run on virtual batteries that only let them get to 30kph before running out of charge....

Any other ideas?

Ikaruga meets Metroidvania game Outland is on sale for a fiver on XBLA this week. Have been meaning to give it a go :)

Need a gold account :( Really hate XBLA sales because of this.

• Advertisement

I wonder how much that dept were paid to come up with that one?
    Other options included...
    MK: WTF? Blue shell strikes again!
    MK6, because none of you shall remember the sh1te one on the N64
    MK: Yoshi loses his arms again and has to use a specially adapted kart
    MK: Green, where the karts are eco karts, run on virtual batteries that only let them get to 30kph before running out of charge....

Any other ideas?

I'm just concerned it may not feature Mario or Karts... he hasn't stated why those are in the title...

Master of the Universe

Either stick to all your core cannon games being numerically sequenced or don't bother. It makes no sense.

Including the two arcade games, this is in fact Mario Kart 9. If the Mario Kart home games were sequenced, then it would make sense to omit them and call this Mario Kart 7. As it stands now though, it's just daft.

I'm really suprised they didn't call it 'Mario Kart 3D'.

But the number 7 looks a bit like a race track!

Master of the Universe

A race track where after 1 lap you drive off the course into oblivion? :D

The only reason I can think for this name exisiting is because 7 is a lucky number in Japan. Which, to be fair, Nintendo need buckets of with this console.

Found an old issue of retrogamer with the definitive guide to boulderdash in it. I'm guessing someone on here would be interested in it, not really sure who though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭paperwork

Either stick to all your core cannon games being numerically sequenced or don't bother. It makes no sense.

I disagree, its kinda sexy that they jumped out at us with a numbered game all of a sudden, keeps a gamer on his toes!

Master of the Universe

Found an old issue of retrogamer with the definitive guide to boulderdash in it. I'm guessing someone on here would be interested in it, not really sure who though....

Someone here likes Boulder-gash?
    paperwork wrote: »
    I disagree, its kinda sexy that they jumped out at us with a numbered game all of a sudden, keeps a gamer on his toes!

Maybe if it was the number 8. I like me some curves.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Maybe if it was the number 8. I like me some curves.

Hopefully for you 3DS owners it doesn't turn out to be a No. 2 and is something you can pump more than 4 hours into! :p

A race track where after 1 lap you drive off the course into oblivion? :D

You just described Rainbow Road!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

• Advertisement

Hmm, who could it be?
    I like Boulder Dash, but I don't love it.....
    Repton and Dig Dug are better.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    The bottom five, minus the 3DO, is the quintessence of trolling

And what's your beef with the lovely 3DO?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

And what's your beef with the lovely 3DO?

No SHMUPS! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Livestreaming Sonic 2 :)

http://www.twitch.tv/jtallon

so much fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Why in the name of all that is good does a game that's been out for like a week need a ****ing 800mb patch?????

Curse you Sony and Nippon Ichi, curse you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Need a gold account :( Really hate XBLA sales because of this.
    you can buy a 72 hr account for €1 I think(or something like that)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Manly eh! Maybe at 4am you may consider some of them manly:pac:

• Advertisement

I want to play DinoCity!

1234254774-DinoCity.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement