Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Region blocked :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Fantastic game. Also has one of the best cinematic trailers I have ever seen for a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭sioda

Very stupid question but if I own Deus Ex already can I get this as well thus I won't need the disc anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

sioda wrote: »
    Very stupid question but if I own Deus Ex already can I get this as well thus I won't need the disc anymore.

Yes! And highly recommend that you do, keep your disk though as you may want to sell it in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Sorry if this has been asked before but have Xbox changed the way you can queue games to download from the Xbox website?

I used to be able to click download and it would queue but now it is asking me to enter payment details?

I know I wont be charged but I really dont want to have to add my card details to the xbox considering I never want to purchase anything from them directly. Its always cheaper to use cdkeys.co.uk or someone like that.

Is there any way around this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Damien360

Stupid question but how do you get Deus Ex to download to the XB1. I went to the Xbox website and found the other games with gold but when I click download for Xbox for Deus Ex, it is only for XB360.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 thanlon2704

Witcher 2 has just become available for free....in the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, France and Germany.

Of course Ireland get's left out, sometimes I wished I lived in Ulster just so I could get the best of both worlds. Does anyone know a way you can bypass this?

Damien360 wrote: »
    Stupid question but how do you get Deus Ex to download to the XB1. I went to the Xbox website and found the other games with gold but when I click download for Xbox for Deus Ex, it is only for XB360.

Just go on their site and go to the games for gold section and click on Deus Ex, then purchase it (don't worry it's free but unfortunately you need some sort of payment set up), then once you do that wait a few minutes and restart your XB1 then go to my games and keep going right to you see a small section that says ready to install and there you go.

I actually just found this out myself a few minutes ago, I was thinking to myself do I really have to drag my 360 out and hook it up again just to download this. Thankfully that wasn't the case. Though it be simpler if you could just do it on the XB1 though it's a free game so I can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Witcher 2 has just become available for free....in the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, France and Germany.

Of course Ireland get's left out, sometimes I wished I lived in Ulster just so I could get the best of both worlds. Does anyone know a way you can bypass this?

It's available to download if you type in 'The Witcher 2' in 'search all games' on the X1 console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I just purchased it earlier on the 360, fair play, nice to have an unexpected free game and a good one I haven't yet played at that!

• Advertisement

Just go on their site and go to the games for gold section and click on Deus Ex, then purchase it (don't worry it's free but unfortunately you need some sort of payment set up), then once you do that wait a few minutes and restart your XB1 then go to my games and keep going right to you see a small section that says ready to install and there you go.

I actually just found this out myself a few minutes ago, I was thinking to myself do I really have to drag my 360 out and hook it up again just to download this. Thankfully that wasn't the case. Though it be simpler if you could just do it on the XB1 though it's a free game so I can't complain.

Cheers. It must be the payment option stopping me. It is the young lads XB1 and I removed my CC info after the initial setup. Can't trust the little bugger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Witcher 2 just showed up on my "To Download" list on the One, I selected it and it downloaded no poblem.
    Nothing about having to purchase it or being in the wrong region

Witcher 2 just showed up on my "To Download" list on the One, I selected it and it downloaded no poblem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Cheers for that. Now, do I start on Witcher 2 first , before I let No. 3 take over my life:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Turns out the Witcher 2 is free in Ireland as well, so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

trixiebust wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Now, do I start on Witcher 2 first , before I let No. 3 take over my life:D

Witcher 2 is great, well worth a playthrough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Witcher 2 is great, well worth a playthrough.

Got bored after you
    picked the elves or that person

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Rorok wrote: »
    Got bored after you
    picked the elves or that person

Ah, you missed out on some of the best stuff to come! it really only got going properly from there imo.

Yeah I could finally do it today, must of been just a mistake they made yesterday as it said it wasn't available in my region.

You downloaded it straight to your One, how do you do that? I went on the store, games for gold and even typed in Witcher 2 but none of them let me download it so I just went to the website.

In "My Games & Apps" if you go all the way to the right of the Games list, there is a section that has Games Ready for Download, thats where it appeared

• Advertisement

Yeah I could finally do it today, must of been just a mistake they made yesterday as it said it wasn't available in my region.

You downloaded it straight to your One, how do you do that? I went on the store, games for gold and even typed in Witcher 2 but none of them let me download it so I just went to the website.

Search it on xbox.com and you can get it there, just make sure to pick the 360 version in the search results, they have a one version even though it's 360 game and if you pick it it will say bundle only just scroll down a little on the seach results page it will be the one with "free" under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Search it on xbox.com and you can get it there, just make sure to pick the 360 version in the search results, they have a one version even though it's 360 game and if you pick it it will say bundle only just scroll down a little on the seach results page it will be the one with "free" under it.

It says free on xbox.com but keeps asking for me to add a credit card when I try to download it. Will try on my xbox1 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

It says free on xbox.com but keeps asking for me to add a credit card when I try to download it. Will try on my xbox1 tonight

You need a payment method attached to your account, even for free games, for 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Can't purchase witcher 2 for 360. Trying to get here of my phone but saying I'm not in correct region :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Can't purchase witcher 2 for 360. Trying to get here of my phone but saying I'm not in correct region :(

Check down the bottom left of the screen - it probably says "English - united states" - click it and select Ireland as your region, you should be grand then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Check down the bottom left of the screen - it probably says "English - united states" - click it and select Ireland as your region, you should be grand then.

Managed to do via Xbox when I got home. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

In "My Games & Apps" if you go all the way to the right of the Games list, there is a section that has Games Ready for Download, thats where it appeared
    Just to clarify games that show up in the ready to install list are there because you might have associated the game with your account previously when the witcher 2 was a GWG title or someone you game share with has associated the game with their account. The ready to install section is simply a list of titles that are linked to your account and that can be played on XB1.

Anyone that has never downloaded the game will not find it in the ready to install list. Xbox.com seems to be the best option to get the game or by going to the store on Xbox One and selecting search games and entering the title.

Be warned you will not be able to download the game if you don't have a valid payment method linked to your account. Even if you believe you do your card may have expired so check your details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I cant seem to get deus ex human revolution, I tried the website, it says I need a credit card even though it's free, I can't seem to get it on the xbox one because it says bundle only, but there is no bundle for it. And my 360 is broken and cant use wifi on it. Anything I can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rorok wrote: »
    I cant seem to get deus ex human revolution, I tried the website, it says I need a credit card even though it's free, I can't seem to get it on the xbox one because it says bundle only, but there is no bundle for it. And my 360 is broken and cant use wifi on it. Anything I can do?

You need to add a credit card/payment option to your account before you can download.

You won't be charged.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You need to add a credit card/payment option to your account before you can download.

You won't be charged.

It a bit weirder than that. I had previously removed my CC details from the account and could not purchase free content. I did this as the young lad primarily plays the XB1.

So yesterday I bought €10 via a digital gift card from the MS store using a PayPal account. They were out of stock on cdkeys. The €10 was applied and they also took the details of the PayPal and added it as a payment option. When I then went to download Deus ex, it linked to the PayPal account (did not charge) rather than the €10 on the account.

Advertisement