Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZUK Z1 - Flagship & OnePlus Killer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

Any chance of a Black Friday deal on this through Amazon? And anyone used both this and a OP2?

Hoping for black Friday deal on this. In two minds myself between op2 and this but veering towards the zukz1 for battery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭SM01

irishchris wrote: »
    Cheers. Size shouldn't be issue for me as coming from a note 4 which was slightly bigger.battery one of the main reasons I'm looking at this. Quick question is the charged cable short as was impressed at note 4 charger as would stretch to where I sat from power point.

It's approx a mm taller than a note 4! Girlfriend has the latter and i just measured them. Tiny bit bigger screen on the note but very little between them either way. The charging cable I have is approx 3 feet long, possibly a tad longer.

SM01 wrote: »
    It's approx a mm taller than a note 4! Girlfriend has the latter and i just measured them. Tiny bit bigger screen on the note but very little between them either way. The charging cable I have is approx 3 feet long, possibly a tad longer.

Cheers for checking that. Surprised it is actually slightly bigger than note 4 and good to know it has decent size charge cable. Is this quick charge by any chance?

Cheers for checking that. Surprised it is actually slightly bigger than note 4 and good to know it has decent size charge cable. Is this quick charge by any chance?

Unfortunately not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Anyone looking at the ZUK might wanna look at the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 too, just released on Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

morgana wrote: »

darn just bought it this morning on amazon. although might be best as never heard of efox? are they reliable?

dont suppose you know of anywhere that does good covers/screen protectors that are not going to take weeks from china to arrive.
    been looking but most dont sell to ireland and the few that do are coming from china and estimated delivery dec 28

I don't but perhaps another owner has invested in one and can help out.

PS. Hope you're as satisfied with the phone as I am. I reckon you've made a good choice.

Phone came today. In awe at the sheer quality of the phone. Absolute beast of a phone but unfortunately seems to be some problem with the call quality of mine. Everyone I rang said there is bad interference even though i can hear them clearly. May have to return if is fault sadly

• Advertisement

I don't but perhaps another owner has invested in one and can help out.

PS. Hope you're as satisfied with the phone as I am. I reckon you've made a good choice.

I don't suppose you use viber? Had disconnection but not sure was it from mic not working also

was just making 2 calls before i send it back and the phone has fully restarted both times. thinking now may need an alternative handset as the mic problem i could put down to a faulty handset but both these problems is a bit disconcerting

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Anyone with the phone or enough technical knowledge to be able to tell me what networks will support 4G for the phone in Ireland? I saw mentioned in the thread earlier that 3 may be the only one supported fully.

Appreciate the help as always.
    Kirk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭Harika

You can check your provider here, some more are now working with the bands, at least partially: http://www.willmyphonework.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Just grabbed this for 259.99 quid.

Here.

Use the following code for 10 quid off.
    CPAWEB492

Looking forward to get it. I've been using a Lumia 640 XL for the last while, great phone, but the lack of certain apps is a real killer. Nice to jump back into the Android space, got bitten by the bug after picking up a Wileyfox Swift for the girlfriend a few weeks back in the Black Friday sales, and was considering the Wileyfox Storm for a while, but this has far better hardware and runs Cyanogen OS too.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Does the ZUK work on meteor can anyone tell me? From my research it seems that this will operate on meteors 3 band but the 3 band is only really good for urban areas and if you travel to/live in rural areas, you would want the 20 band too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

richy wrote: »
    Does the ZUK work on meteor can anyone tell me? From my research it seems that this will operate on meteors 3 band but the 3 band is only really good for urban areas and if you travel to/live in rural areas, you would want the 20 band too?

http://www.willmyphonework.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

So there's now a offical eu ZUK store (last one was a official distributor) with the price at 299.99 with free delivery and 2 year warranty

https://zuk.eu/shop/

Gizchina has a discount code that takes another 20 quid off this, gizchina20 :
    http://www.gizchina.com/2016/01/25/zuk-eu-giving-away-a-zuk-z1-and-20-euros-off-rrp/

Nightly for android 6 are out so official Cyanogen drop should be along soon. Still a very good phone but do I want to be 2 gens of SoC behind? Dunno, maybe for less money again.

The 820 is expected to be in the Z2 but there's no way I could see it at the same price point? Course they could do a 810 Z2 and add a flagship 820 to the range? That would fit better with their market strategy for the Z1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

So there's now a offical eu ZUK store (last one was a official distributor) with the price at 299.99 with free delivery and 2 year warranty

https://zuk.eu/shop/

Gizchina has a discount code that takes another 20 quid off this, gizchina20 :
    http://www.gizchina.com/2016/01/25/zuk-eu-giving-away-a-zuk-z1-and-20-euros-off-rrp/

Nightly for android 6 are out so official Cyanogen drop should be along soon. Still a very good phone but do I want to be 2 gens of SoC behind? Dunno, maybe for less money again.

The 820 is expected to be in the Z2 but there's no way I could see it at the same price point? Course they could do a 810 Z2 and add a flagship 820 to the range? That would fit better with their market strategy for the Z1.
    Seems to me like waiting until summer time if you are not in a rush is best now. While there will always be something better just down the line, a lot of the good value flagship type devices are a couple of months but not quite a year old.

Should be some interesting phones announced next month with the new qualcomm Snapdragon 820, including Zuk.

Of course when phones might be available is another story, could be closer to the summer alright. I suspect the One plus Two that a couple of guys I know have and has been going well for them is still going to be the best option for the next few months.

• Advertisement

OK, that's two posts, two threads days apart that doubled up later. Tres weird.

Should be some interesting phones announced next month with the new qualcomm Snapdragon 820, including Zuk.

Of course when phones might be available is another story, could be closer to the summer alright. I suspect the One plus Two that a couple of guys I know have and has been going well for them is still going to be the best option for the next few months.
    In everyday practical use what will this processor magically do that the existing zuk one cant?

In everyday practical use what will this processor magically do that the existing zuk one cant?

For every day practical use, not much. For the very specific graphically intense game I want to play on my next phone, going up a gen or two of gpu will buy me 18 months of comfortable usability.

But as every day practical useage at these lower prices (and I'd expect it to drop further) it's a great phone and has much to recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Update:

After the first full charge I got 6hrs 35 minutes on screen time with 20 percent battery left.

After going through a few android phone over the years I am blown away :pac: perfect .. now I can spend a whole day out and not have to carry an annoying battery pack or wander around like a weirdo asking people for spare charge :D

While the USB-C cable is great for the not plugging it in the wrong way around, are there any Micro USB adapters that would fit on a key ring or something ?

Wouldn't mind having one just incase I'm at someones house and need to avail of their charging facilities :)

Hi Keith, just wondering how the phone is working after a few months? Thinking of this over the Plus X.
    Thanks.

Phone came today. In awe at the sheer quality of the phone. Absolute beast of a phone but unfortunately seems to be some problem with the call quality of mine. Everyone I rang said there is bad interference even though i can hear them clearly. May have to return if is fault sadly

So Irishchris what happened?

Greenman wrote: »
    So Irishchris what happened?

Returned the handset to amazon who refunded fully. spent few days assessing other handsets but was drawn back to this again. Works brilliantly. Never had one random reboot with this one. Call quality is fine also. Battery is immense and average just short of 7 hours screentime. Was on cyanogen is until last week when I rooted and installed cm13 in order to get some adblock on it. Loving the marshmallow ui in it and works very smoothly. Definitely beat handset I have owned.

Returned the handset to amazon who refunded fully. spent few days assessing other handsets but was drawn back to this again. Works brilliantly. Never had one random reboot with this one. Call quality is fine also. Battery is immense and average just short of 7 hours screentime. Was on cyanogen is until last week when I rooted and installed cm13 in order to get some adblock on it. Loving the marshmallow ui in it and works very smoothly. Definitely beat handset I have owned.

Thanks Irishchris for that, still not decided. JD.

Greenman wrote: »
    Thanks Irishchris for that, still not decided. JD.

No probs. You won't be disappointed. Definitely feels like top end premium phone

No probs. You won't be disappointed. Definitely feels like top end premium phone

Thanks IC. Just one more thing, how is the camera in normal conditions? smile.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I would not even use a Lenovo product if it was given to me for free. If you care about your privacy in any way, I'd research the type of software they're loading onto their laptops before using their other products.

Advertisement