Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Thoughts on

Depay out Payet in
    Benteke out Martial in

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

keano25 wrote: »
    Thoughts on

Depay out Payet in
    Benteke out Martial in

Depay has a seriously tasty fixture. Why not wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

CSF wrote: »
    Depay has a seriously tasty fixture. Why not wait?

Have 3 UTD De Gea Darmian Depay.

Have to axe one for Martial

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

keano25 wrote: »
    Have 3 UTD De Gea Darmian Depay.

Have to axe one for Martial

I'd lose darmian
    I have him and will be moving him on soon
    He has been very poor and fatigued looking last few games
    Expect rotation with Valencia !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

km79 wrote: »
    I'd lose darmian

I'd agree, plenty of better defensive options than Darmian - Naughton, Nyom, Winston Reid, Bertrand coming back....

• Advertisement

current front 8
    Sanchez mahrez mata yaya ayew
    aguero Wilson sahko

right I'm pretty much down to these 2 options
    2FT
    1. Sanchez and sahko to Payet and martial
    2. darmian and Sanchez to Dawson and hazard

vote :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

current front 8
    aguero Wilson sahko

2FT

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I cant seem to shake the urge to get in walcott for chadli. I know it doesnt seem a good move as he isnt a guaranteed starter and arsenal havent been scoring much. If I get him ill have a front 8 of
    walcott sanchez ayew pedro mahrez
    aguero vardy wilson
    Id possibly play the all out attack chip this week as my 3 man defence is currently
    kolorav spurs a
    richards liverpool a
    martin west ham a

current front 8
    aguero Wilson sahko

2FT

wouldnt sell sanchez but 1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I cant seem to shake the urge to get in walcott for chadli. I know it doesnt seem a good move as he isnt a guaranteed starter and arsenal havent been scoring much. If I get him ill have a front 8 of
    aguero vardy wilson
    Id possibly play the all out attack chip this week as my 3 man defence is currently
    kolorav spurs a
    richards liverpool a
    martin west ham a

I wouldn't. It's not as if Walcott is either starting or not featuring at all. He even made a cameo at the very end of last night's match.
    current front 8
    aguero Wilson sahko

2FT

I'd do 1) although it's a little sideways in terms of West Ham attackers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

OUT: Yaya, Gomis ,Benteke, Taylor and Ayew

IN: KDB, Evans , Martial , Payet and Igahlo

5 transfers made with 2 of those FT ,y rank is 1.7million so needed to take action. 1 more move may happen.

I wouldn't. It's not as if Walcott is either starting or not featuring at all. He even made a cameo at the very end of last night's match.

I'd do 1) although it's a little sideways in terms of West Ham attackers

I know the risks and would be prepared to bench him certain weeks. Do you think he starts sat.

aguero vardy wilson
    kolorav spurs a
    richards liverpool a
    martin west ham a

I played the all out attack earlier in the season with a similar feeling. Then Walcott didn't play at all so the chip was wasted, so keep in mind the risks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I'd lose darmian

who are you thinking of moving him on for? i have him also and think they're are better options available

who are you thinking of moving him on for? i have him also and think they're are better options available

Dawson/evans of west brom most likely
    other candidates include naughton/Williams of Swansea and Reid of west ham
    but almost certainly a pulis boy!

[quote="Ziegler1988;97143022"

I'd do 1) although it's a little sideways in terms of West Ham attackers[/quote]
    it does feel a little like wasting transfers alright moving sahko out but getting payet in
    I really did not want 3 united players but almost EVERYONE in my league around me is going to do benteke to martial
    the captaincy stats on FFS also scary
    I've started well and am afraid of it all going to pot if he destroys Sunderland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Dawson/evans of west brom most likely
    other candidates include naughton/Williams of Swansea and Reid of west ham
    but almost certainly a pulis boy!

Interesting. I already have evans and williams. as well as sagna and richards. had considered the likes of cedric, bellerin or alderweireld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

CSF wrote: »
    I'd wait a week on Coutinho. Not a big fan of transferring players out when they have good fixtures. Seems like a transfer that could be better used elsewhere.

Normally I'd agree, especially since I only got Coutinho in last week for the home games against Norwich and Villa, but I really want to go 3-4-3 and get Martial in for Watmore.
    That means I have to downgrade a Midfielder for a 'Bench fodder' one (thinking fletcher for 4.4m) to free up funds. The two midfielders I would consider are Coutinho and Chadli. The problem is that Chadli doen't leave enough funds so I would also have to downgrade a defender (Darmian). Not only would this cost me an extra 4 pts but it means that Darmian would miss a plumb fixture (home to Sunderland) so overall I think the Coutinho option might be a better one- especially considering just how bad Liverpool are playing...

I know the risks and would be prepared to bench him certain weeks. Do you think he starts sat.

Yeah, Giroud was muck last night and Huth and Morgan aren't exactly speed merchants

Yeah, Giroud was muck last night and Huth and Morgan aren't exactly speed merchants

hhhmmmm I see now why you were saying to keep Sanchez......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Deco99 wrote: »
    I upgraded anya to moses. Fixtures and a bit of form

I might take a hit and copy your move.
    Hold on Anya please.

thats what I thought id have no problem benching walcott the following week if need be as the rest of my front 8 have good fixtures. I just think the arsenal leicester game has the potential to be high scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    OUT: Yaya, Gomis ,Benteke, Taylor and Ayew

IN: KDB, Evans , Martial , Payet and Igahlo

5 transfers made with 2 of those FT ,y rank is 1.7million so needed to take action. 1 more move may happen.

Good moves IMO. Fair play to you for being daring. Go hard or go home!

People here would all favour KDB over Yaya? Yaya seems safer to me, very unlikely to be rotated and getting into dangerous positions. KDB plays further up the pitch and has ridiculously high baseline BPS scores so will hog baps if he gets attacking returns. 1m difference isn't a big deal to me

I've no idea anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Lemlin wrote: »
    Done similar myself.

Benteke, Yaya and Ayew out. Martial, KDB and Payet in for a -8.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I cant seem to shake the urge to get in walcott for chadli. I know it doesnt seem a good move as he isnt a guaranteed scorer and arsenal havent been scoring much. If I get him ill have a front 8 of
    aguero vardy wilson
    kolorav spurs a
    richards liverpool a
    martin west ham a

The biggest problem here for me is that you'd be giving £19.5m and 2 major midfield spots to Arsenal players! Whilst, as you rightfully said, Arsenal haven't been scoring much and are not on great form.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »

**** or bust already for me, will likely play bench boost to try recover some of the lost points.

iroced wrote: »
    The biggest problem here for me is that you'd be giving £19.5m and 2 major midfield spots to Arsenal players! Whilst, as you rightfully said, Arsenal haven't been scoring much and are not on great form.

Can't dispute that but you know me I like to get in before that changes rather than after. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

• Advertisement

People here would all favour KDB over Yaya? Yaya seems safer to me, very unlikely to be rotated and getting into dangerous positions. KDB plays further up the pitch and has ridiculously high baseline BPS scores so will hog baps if he gets attacking returns. 1m difference isn't a big deal to me

When Delph is fit I can see yaya getting the odd rest. He is 32 I know he is saying that he feels great and wants to play every game but he could get rotated ahead around cl games if they have a handy Pl fixture.

Advertisement