Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

90sBla wrote: »
    I was using the Ali app , but I'm pretty sure this is the same one. Just drop the seller an email to ask for it to come pre installed with play store and you're good to Go.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32315532797.html

Doesnt do O2 4G?

Band 800 not covered?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

abarkie wrote: »
    Doesnt do O2 4G?

Band 800 not covered?
    http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015/04/mlais-mx-gets-announced-company-2gb-ram-4800mah-battery-tow.html

I would preorder this if you were looking for band 800. I'm emigrating in a few weeks so I'm not too bothered about the 4g

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Its decent enough especially the price.

Would you use it as a daily phone?
    Can't stretch to a one plus one. Basically want more ram and no lag, be nice to be able to go to lollipop. Don't need it do more than facebook, net, take pictures etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

jeffk wrote: »
    Can't stretch to a one plus one. Basically want more ram and no lag, be nice to be able to go to lollipop. Don't need it do more than facebook, net, take pictures etc

Camera ain't great in the p6000 sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I too would like to know this! As my sis and her bf have one and both have horrible signal and all sorts of problems on their ROM

I installed MIUI from here:
    http://www.needrom.com/category/umi/umi-zero/

I see there is a lollipop update now, but as my wife is happy with how the phone is running, she won't let me tinker further with it :)

• Advertisement

That's that out so

Can you recommend one please ?

Looking under 200 to do above, g510 does me, but cant have facebook or memory hungry apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭steder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

steder wrote: »

I bought one and sold it on. It's a great phone for the money. No issues that I came across before I handed it over. It's light but well made. No gorilla glass, so I suggest buying a tempered glass screen protector to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I was using it daily, the camera is decent, the flash is not, I needed a longer battery hence why I changed because I used it for everything.

I was using it daily, the camera is decent, the flash is not, I needed a longer battery hence why I changed because I used it for everything.

Thanks for the info

I hardly use a flash and if i can get from morning to night on a charge I'm happy

• Advertisement

I find autofocus on it very slow and even at that , hit or miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I'm ordering a Nubia z9 mini tomorrow, seller on aIiexpress with no dhl customs if in EU. About 265 inc a nice red case. 16mp camera, 2gb ram, 2900mah battery, SD615 .

Going to sell my thl 5000 on adverts when it arrives. I just need something that has actual GPS. And a click to instant focus and shoot camera. The thl is a decent camera but far too slow to focus and shoit. I used to own a Nubia z5 mini and the camera was next level so I'm looking forward to returning to their brand.

Does the Z9 Mini have Gorilla Glass? The Max does, but nothing concrete on the Mini on a google search.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Hi lads,

I have bought many "Cheap Chinese" phones over the years but the daughter's birthday is coming up. I am thinking of paying a bit more for a "band" and was thinking of the above phone.

What you guys think, any opinions?

Thankss

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

was finally ready to pull the trigger on a Xiaomi Redmi Note this weekend but when I went looking I could only find it for €189ish delivered whereas I'm pretty sure it was available for $159 about 6 weeks ago. Anyone know where it might still be had for this price?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Muahahaha wrote: »
    was finally ready to pull the trigger on a Xiaomi Redmi Note this weekend but when I went looking I could only find it for €189ish delivered whereas I'm pretty sure it was available for $159 about 6 weeks ago. Anyone know where it might still be had for this price?

Would the lower price have been for the non 4g version?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

djsim101 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I have bought many "Cheap Chinese" phones over the years but the daughter's birthday is coming up. I am thinking of paying a bit more for a "band" and was thinking of the above phone.

What you guys think, any opinions?

Thankss

What phone is that? The Z9?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Probably Aliexpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

GBX wrote: »
    Would the lower price have been for the non 4g version?

possibly so, I cant be sure though. Will keep scouting around, theres a fair few on Aliexpress but it all seems to be €180 and up. Might be as good as it gets but I'll keep shopping around

• Registered Users Posts: 37 KerrySurfer

Hi folks, I've been following this post for quite a while and it's been really interesting so I though I'd post to give a little back. A few previous posters have mentioned the Nubia Z9 Mini for 265, I recently purchased the Nubia Z5S for 205 delivered from a European warehouse and think it's a fantastic phone for the money. This was the flagship Nubia from January of last year so it has some great features (even if they seem a bit outdated in 2015); Snapdragon 800, 2GB Ram, 16GB ROM, Sony Exmor 13MP camera, gorilla glass and KitKat.

Obviously no 4G and unfortunately no SD card slot but if you can get over these it's a savage phone. I much prefer it to the OnePlus One as I found that to be far too big and I wasn't particularly fond of the yellow band "feature" either.

Two issue with the phone, Playstore doesn't work out of the box but it's not a huge issue to root and install gapps, youtube doesn't work but I use Viral Pro instead as it uses the youtube videos but with a far better interface.

Best points about the phone are the camera (especially the Nubia camera App), it's very snappy (no lags or freezing), I'm not really a gamer but Fifa 14 runs flawlessly. Antutu score is 39504. It's really slim and compact for a 5" screen (smaller than the Z7 or Z9 ranges). Battery life is decent but not outstanding but I can easily get a day out of it with relatively heavy usage (browsing reddit, videos, little bit of Fifa)

This phone was originally around 400 as far as I know but it can be got from one of the bigger resellers for 205 (euro) with shipping from Europe. This takes about a week.

I've just bought a second one for my gf and she loves it (she's been using a Moto G) Sorry for the long post but I hope it helps someone out.

• Advertisement

possibly so, I cant be sure though. Will keep scouting around, theres a fair few on Aliexpress but it all seems to be €180 and up. Might be as good as it gets but I'll keep shopping around

4G never worked for me here when I had it.

Going for a Elephone P6000

Can anyone recommend a shop/site/seller?
    I seen pandawill covering import etc with the 5% fee,but then dont want to wait forever to come.

Thanks

I think if you take pandawills import insurance you are stuck using their DPD option which for me took about a week to deliver. You may want to order a tempered glass screen protector at the same time, the plastic ones they come with are pretty bad.

I think if you take pandawills import insurance you are stuck using their DPD option which for me took about a week to deliver. You may want to order a tempered glass screen protector at the same time, the plastic ones they come with are pretty bad.

A week isn't bad I suppose,once you know the price you paid is what you pay.

I never bothered with a screen protector on my G510,was thinking of the same and just get a leather case. Have a rubber one at the minuted but only seems to be two types of case for the elephone

Going for a Elephone P6000

Can anyone recommend a shop/site/seller?
    I seen pandawill covering import etc with the 5% fee,but then dont want to wait forever to come.

Thanks

Etotalk can mark it cheaper, it worked for me, they also dispatch quite fast.

Etotalk can mark it cheaper, it worked for me, they also dispatch quite fast.
    Ordered it there, €142

Went for
    A cover $5
    Card reader(handy to have) $1
    No logos etc on packaging $4
    Their rom
    Shipping insurance
    Airmail shipping(reading various and said to avoid DHL)

Ordered it there, €142

Went for
    A cover $5
    Card reader(handy to have) $1
    No logos etc on packaging $4
    Their rom
    Shipping insurance
    Airmail shipping(reading various and said to avoid DHL)

Their ROM is a waste of money, there's no difference, Airmail you will be waiting.

Their ROM is a waste of money, there's no difference, Airmail you will be waiting.

I just want a phone with no messing as im tired of it on this phone so decided to spend €3 just to use it out of the box

Edit
    Seems I didnt order it orginally, clicked on paypal checkout and assumed I ordered it, but the page didnt display properly and confirm order was out of sight.

So i properly ordered with DHL not airmail

corwill wrote: »
    Does the Z9 Mini have Gorilla Glass? The Max does, but nothing concrete on the Mini on a google search.

"The smartphone however features a smaller 5-inch full-HD (1080x1920 pixels) display than the ZTE Nubia Z9 Max. It sports Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and offers a pixel density of 441ppi. The handset is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (quad-core 1.5GHz + quad-core 1GHz) processor coupled with 2GB of LPDDR3 RAM" taken from press release .:cool:

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement