Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Crap on Adams, Mod Warning in OP.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Try saying that in a court of law...you'll be sure to be picked for jury duty.

I suppose like the IRA 'you look at them to see their body language'. :rolleyes:

Perception counts for votes and seats. SF would win more seats without Adams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭OMD

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    It's amazing again with all the whining about kangaroo courts that apparently Gerry Adams has to defend himself and Sinn Fein against claims for which not the tiniest bit of evidence has been presented. In fact, the only people making these claims appear to have f**k all to do with any of it.

Not the tiniest bit of evidence? Perhaps you mean definitive evidence? There is plenty of evidence. You seem to be acting like this is some kind of criminal court and the claims have to be proven beyond reasonable doubt. You should look at it more like a civil action where it only has to be shown on the balance of probabilities.
    Evidence
    Marie Cahill's comments
    Gerry Adams comments that he knew about these courts investigating child a users (something other senior members claim did not happen so please don't say it was common knowledge).
    Adams knew the actual sentences carried out.
    Adams had a chance to put on the Dail record that he had no involvement but did not do so.
    Adams brother is a sex abuser. Adams knew about this but did not report it to RUC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

OMD wrote: »
    Not the tiniest bit of evidence? Perhaps you mean definitive evidence? There is plenty of evidence. You seem to be acting like this is some kind of criminal court and the claims have to be proven beyond reasonable doubt. You should look at it more like a civil action where it only has to be shown on the balance of probabilities.
    Evidence
    Marie Cahill's comments
    Gerry Adams comments that he knew about these courts investigating child a users (something other senior members claim did not happen so please don't say it was common knowledge).
    Adams knew the actual sentences carried out.
    Adams had a chance to put on the Dail record that he had no involvement but did not do so.
    Adams brother is a sex abuser. Adams knew about this but did not report it to RUC.

Which is why Gerry has never sued a newspaper that has said he was a member of the IRA. He would lose big time.

sallymomo wrote: »
    Yep, no problem. Don't have far to go as other people have covered this topic in detail...re his brothers trial;

To list the lies he told in public, first he claimed that when Aine and her mother went to him with their story in 1987 Adams claimed he believed them immediately saw to it his brother left Sinn Fein. This was a total lie . Liam Adams remained in high office for Sinn Fein for many years afterwards . He was photographed chairing commemorations, opening offices,attempting to stand as an election candidate and Adams himself was even photographed out canvassing with him in the late 1990s. In fact he was treasurer of Andersonstown Sinn fein right up until Aine went public a few years ago.
    It doesnt take much of an imagination to figure out how a child rapist who happened to be the brother of the head man in the provos might be able to influence a young victim and use fear to keep them silent . But Adams made no effort whatsoever to have his pedo brother kicked out .

Lie 2 exposed was Adams claim that he made sure his brother also left the country . This was exposed at the first trial, when the barrister made clear his brother had only left the country for 6 months in 1983, 4 years before Adams was even told of the abuse . Lie.

Lie 3, his claim that he and his brother were estranged . Simply not true . They were photographed happily together on a number of occasions after Adams was told by his victim he was a child rapist . It also emerged at the trial that when Liam Adams moved back to Belfast to take up a job in a youth club he lived in Gerry Adams own house for almost 2 months . And indeed Gerry Adams own autobiography written in 1996, before the dawn, has a special dedication to his brother in the foreword. It also mentions him in a very positive light no less than eleven times throughout his reminiscing .

By the way despite not sending his abused niece so much as a christmas or birthday card in her entire life and never contacting her at all, for some reason known only to Gerry Adams himself he sent this young rape victim the book with the special dedication to her rapist as a present . Unsurprisingly causing her great psychological distress.

Lie 4. He claimed that when he found out his rapist pedo brother was working for no less than 3 different youth clubs over the years he went to them and told them of the allegations against him . Simply not true . Neither the 2 Belfast youth clubs or the one in Dundalk had any record of such an approach ever being made . When the youth clubs contradicted his account pathetically Adams claimed he told one preist at the Clonard Monastery youth club, who is now conveniently dead . So he not only told pathetic lies about this he smeared the memory of a dead preist as well .

Thank you for your clear and comprehensive post. It should be stickied to the front of the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭OMD

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Been away for a couple of hours.
    Does anyone know if Enda Kenny, the taoiseach of this republic, has been to the Gardai or the PSNI with the information given to him about the alleged 'kangaroo courts' and the people who ran them by Maria Cahill yet?
    Does Enda, on Michael Martin for that matter, not know that withholding information given to them of an alleged crime is a criminal offence?
    Why aren't the anti-SF, anti Adams lot questioning the motives of the taoiseach in withholding information on an alleged crime?
    What's the agenda lads and lassies?
    What information was he given?

• Advertisement

I might know there is somebody driving the bus, but I couldn't give you his name or address. For that you would have to contact Dublin Bus.
    Could it be any clearer?

Analogy doesn't work.

However, this version works. Gerry is Chief Executive of CIE (Sinn Fein), the holding company for Dublin Bus (IRA) and to say he cannot find out the name of who drove the 46A down to the South is pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Godge wrote: »
    Analogy doesn't work.

However, this version works. Gerry is Chief Executive of CIE (Sinn Fein), the holding company for Dublin Bus (IRA) and to say he cannot find out the name of who drove the 46A down to the South is pathetic.

Except that nobody has ever proved the link, including the people vested to do so, the police.

And CIE have gone away you know. ;)

Except that nobody has ever proved the link, including the people vested to do so, the police.

And CIE have gone away you know. ;)

Gerry has never sued a newspaper for saying he is a member of the IRA. On the balance of probabilities, he is.

Gerry has never sued a newspaper for saying he is a member of the IRA. On the balance of probabilities, he is.

And that proves what exactly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

http://www.thejournal.ie/gerry-adams-liam-adams-claim-psni-untrue-1466330-May2014/
    So if he sues he must be innocent by your logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,757 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Do you guys not think that all this talk is redundant and that Gerry needs to rethink his position as leader of SF. Proven or not, stuff like this shouldn't be tolerated. I am not saying that he should be jailed, but is he really fit for leadership of a political party with all the mud that's been thrown at him recently? Sticking or not I think he needs to step back for the sakes of the party and its followers. This is the view of a nationalist and UI supporter.

This is sick.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/outrage-at-blog-claiming-mairia-cahills-alleged-rape-ordeal-was-yearlong-sexual-liaison-30687573.html

"A man who is believed to have been involved in Mairia Cahill’s kangaroo court hearing has lent his support to a blog which describes her alleged rape ordeal as “a year long sexual liaison”

"Seamus Finucane, a leading member of the IRA at the time of the forced inquiry into Ms Cahill’s ordeal, was allegedly one of the men who forced her into a confrontation with her alleged rapist.

Yesterday, he shared a blog on his Facebook page which described the alleged rapist as a man “whom many a 16-year-old would likely fancy”.

Here is the disgusting blog

http://belfast-child.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/MairiaCahillsKangarooCourt.html

"What 'really' happened between Martin Morris and Mairia Cahill? I don't know, I wasn't there; we can only speculate (see below)"

He basically admits to making up stories about her. Is he for real? Is he a real person? How can anyone so sick be part of a normal community?

And Seamus Finucane, one of those who reposted it, is a decent man according to Gerry Adams. How sick are they all? It turns my stomach.

On another note, here is a much more detailed description of her ordeal from Mairia Cahill.

http://fiannaiochta.wordpress.com/2012/08/10/grand-niece-of-provo-legend-endured-horrific-sexual-abuse/

Anyone that has sympathy with the people that did this to her, well, I don't know what to say.

walshb wrote: »
    Do you guys not think that all this talk is redundant and that Gerry needs to rethink his position as leader of SF. Proven or not, stuff like this shouldn't be tolerated. I am not saying that he should be jailed, but is he really fit for leadership of a political party with all the mud that's been thrown at him recently? Sticking or not I think he needs to step back for the sakes of the party and its followers. This is the view of a nationalist and UI supporter.

Personally, I don't think he should capitulate to unproven allegations. Too many have died in this country to secure equality. To succumb to these cyclical allegations just because people have an irrational dislike and fear of republicanism would be a step back imo.

I have no doubt if it wasn't Gerry Adams it would be someone else.

He has said that before and always backs down.

This is sick.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/outrage-at-blog-claiming-mairia-cahills-alleged-rape-ordeal-was-yearlong-sexual-liaison-30687573.html

"A man who is believed to have been involved in Mairia Cahill’s kangaroo court hearing has lent his support to a blog which describes her alleged rape ordeal as “a year long sexual liaison”

"Seamus Finucane, a leading member of the IRA at the time of the forced inquiry into Ms Cahill’s ordeal, was allegedly one of the men who forced her into a confrontation with her alleged rapist.

Yesterday, he shared a blog on his Facebook page which described the alleged rapist as a man “whom many a 16-year-old would likely fancy”.

"What 'really' happened between Martin Morris and Mairia Cahill? I don't know, I wasn't there; we can only speculate (see below)"

He basically admits to making up stories about her. Is he for real? Is he a real person? How can anyone so sick be part of a normal community?

And Seamus Finucane, one of those who reposted it, is a decent man according to Gerry Adams. How sick are they all? It turns my stomach.

On another note, here is a much more detailed description of her ordeal from Mairia Cahill.

http://fiannaiochta.wordpress.com/2012/08/10/grand-niece-of-provo-legend-endured-horrific-sexual-abuse/

Anyone that has sympathy with the people that did this to her, well, I don't know what to say.

And you don't see the comparison between what you have been saying about people and what the blogger is saying? Oh the irony.

Classic! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

This is sick.

Wow, just wow. Why have blogs become the new SF propaganda weapon?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭josip

Personally, I don't think he should capitulate to unproven allegations. Too many have died in this country to secure equality. To succumb to these cyclical allegations just because people have an irrational dislike and fear of republicanism would be a step back imo.

Agree. Best for the country as a whole if Gerry stays where he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

Post number 931, from me. It has been ignored by those who asked for evidence against GA, care to comment on that post?

I don't have an irrational dislike or fear of republicanism. I have friends whose family are members of Sinn Fein. We rarely discuss politics as it turns into what this thread has become. Denial, of everything, by Sinn Fein sympathisers/supporters. Actually, come to think of it, 1 of those I just mentioned is a little less blinkered than the rest. He can see some recent changes within the party that he doesn't agree with.

Me, I don't like liars, child abusers and those who lie to protect child abusers. That's my motivation, not politics.

Post number 931, from me. It has been ignored by those who asked for evidence against GA, care to comment on that post?

I don't have an irrational dislike or fear of republicanism. I have friends whose family are members of Sinn Fein. We rarely discuss politics as it turns into what this thread has become. Denial, of everything, by Sinn Fein sympathisers/supporters. Actually, come to think of it, 1 of those I just mentioned is a little less blinkered than the rest. He can see some recent changes within the party that he doesn't agree with.

Me, I don't like liars, child abusers and those who lie to protect child abusers. That's my motivation, not politics.

Post some sources and I might have a read. I could see from a quick scan it was a list of 'facts' with no sources, I normally don't waste my time reading those.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92732210&postcount=931

Great post. The Sinn Feiners tend to ignore the posts they cant refute somehow or deflect using a portion of a post.

• Advertisement

josip wrote: »
    Agree. Best for the country as a whole if Gerry stays where he is.

Yes it reminds me of the fact that the IRA never wanted to kill Paisley because he did more damage to the Unionist cause than anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,436 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Post some sources and I might have a read. I could see from a quick scan it was a list of 'facts' with no sources, I normally don't waste my time reading those.

You don't read facts?

I think that is pretty evident to all on here.

Maybe you should read it and then deny it.
    Although I suspect that if you are a defender of everything Adams/Sinn Fein that the "facts" will ring some bells..

You don't read facts?

I think that is pretty evident to all on here.
    You don't read quotation marks?

Aaand as soon as you have some evidence that Gerry Adams was involved in any of these you might even have a post of relevance to this thread.

Why dont you at least reply with what was wrong from that post?

Here it is again: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92732210&postcount=931

Aaand as soon as you have some evidence that Gerry Adams was involved in any of these you might even have a post of relevance to this thread.

Hey there,
    Why not read the post, #931. Then tell me that none of that happened.

You don't read quotation marks?

Here is her post, why don't you give it a quick read and refute her "facts"?
    Yep, no problem. Don't have far to go as other people have covered this topic in detail...re his brothers trial;

To list the lies he told in public, first he claimed that when Aine and her mother went to him with their story in 1987 Adams claimed he believed them immediately saw to it his brother left Sinn Fein. This was a total lie . Liam Adams remained in high office for Sinn Fein for many years afterwards . He was photographed chairing commemorations, opening offices,attempting to stand as an election candidate and Adams himself was even photographed out canvassing with him in the late 1990s. In fact he was treasurer of Andersonstown Sinn fein right up until Aine went public a few years ago.
    It doesnt take much of an imagination to figure out how a child rapist who happened to be the brother of the head man in the provos might be able to influence a young victim and use fear to keep them silent . But Adams made no effort whatsoever to have his pedo brother kicked out .

Lie 2 exposed was Adams claim that he made sure his brother also left the country . This was exposed at the first trial, when the barrister made clear his brother had only left the country for 6 months in 1983, 4 years before Adams was even told of the abuse . Lie.

Lie 3, his claim that he and his brother were estranged . Simply not true . They were photographed happily together on a number of occasions after Adams was told by his victim he was a child rapist . It also emerged at the trial that when Liam Adams moved back to Belfast to take up a job in a youth club he lived in Gerry Adams own house for almost 2 months . And indeed Gerry Adams own autobiography written in 1996, before the dawn, has a special dedication to his brother in the foreword. It also mentions him in a very positive light no less than eleven times throughout his reminiscing .

By the way despite not sending his abused niece so much as a christmas or birthday card in her entire life and never contacting her at all, for some reason known only to Gerry Adams himself he sent this young rape victim the book with the special dedication to her rapist as a present . Unsurprisingly causing her great psychological distress.

Lie 4. He claimed that when he found out his rapist pedo brother was working for no less than 3 different youth clubs over the years he went to them and told them of the allegations against him . Simply not true . Neither the 2 Belfast youth clubs or the one in Dundalk had any record of such an approach ever being made . When the youth clubs contradicted his account pathetically Adams claimed he told one preist at the Clonard Monastery youth club, who is now conveniently dead . So he not only told pathetic lies about this he smeared the memory of a dead preist as well .[/quote

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92732210&postcount=931

Great post. The Sinn Feiners tend to ignore the posts they cant refute somehow or deflect using a portion of a post.
    Rubbish post. Points were all answered elsewhere. Somebody's just having a little cry that their own post didn't get the attention they were sure it deserved.

• Advertisement

He lied about his brother.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement