Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa Season Ticket 2014

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Glad to see I'm not the only one who didn't get a renewal email!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Would a Parnell Pass be an option for you instead?

I have a terrace/Hill PP. I prefer to be on the Hill for the knock out stages, but for the 3 Leinster champo games, I prefer to sit. So I just buy tickets on tickets.ie. I generally get really good seats on the half way line, in either the Lr Hogan or Lr Cusack.

It's an option for me since I'm staring at €170 for both hurling and football season tickets this year but I'm afraid not for my father who can't make both hurling and football.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Still haven't gotten the email. No matter.

Like yer unaffiliated fella I will probably end up with getting the season ticket. It just about makes sense being a Dub.

Maybe next year I will reevaluate.

I'm very conscious of my rugby world cup tickets messing with my finances somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Got a mail this morning and renewed.

Disappointed to see the price increase but the kids price of 10e is great value.

The email had a few notes at the bottom:

A couple of items to note:

If you had a Club+ in 2014 you will be prompted to renew the regular Season Ticket and you will be able to upgrade to Club+ once your County has finalised the price.
    Dublin Footbball Hill 16 Seaosn Ticket Hodlers will be able to renew their Season Ticket along with the Club+ package.
    If a juvenile from 2014 is no longer a juvenile (i.e. under 16 on 1st January 2014) then the renewal will default as an adult Season Ticket for 2015.
    Additional Tickets will be available to purchase from Wednesday October 1st, subject to availability.
    (Dublin & Mayo will be Renewals Only)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

And another thing....the €1.50 per ticket postal fee drives me wrong altogether!!!! Just renewed and feel ashamed for doing it but could not face going back to a desperate hunt for AI tickets. They really have us where they want us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

I got the renewal email today and renewed 2 Dublin football season tickets. The terms and conditions that you tick to having read, prior to submitting payment, are still the old T & C's clearly stating €75 and €85 prices and the 2013 year. They really are a disorganised shower.

Interestingly, my renewal email said Dublin and Mayo are renewals only, ie no new sales.

Queried the increase among other things and below is the response. Apparently a reduction in pre-purchase tickets is not ACTUALLY a reduction. Go figure.

"The ticket prices for league matches increased in 2014, this was after the Season Ticket price had been set and so this increase in now reflected in the Season Ticket price for 2015.   The reduction in prices last year was a pre- purchase rate only."

Queried the increase among other things and below is the response. Apparently a reduction in pre-purchase tickets is not ACTUALLY a reduction. Go figure.

"The ticket prices for league matches increased in 2014, this was after the Season Ticket price had been set and so this increase in now reflected in the Season Ticket price for 2015.   The reduction in prices last year was a pre- purchase rate only."

What are they smoking?

I sent my own query. So I await with bated breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Mind-blowing. Who do they think they're fooling? It just...it doesn't...words fail me, honestly. You'd swear that if we hadn't the season ticket we would be somehow unable to get the prepurchase tickets. Ignoring entirely that the season ticket is the ultimate in prepurchase tickets.

Mind-blowing. Who do they think they're fooling? It just...it doesn't...words fail me, honestly. You'd swear that if we hadn't the season ticket we would be somehow unable to get the prepurchase tickets. Ignoring entirely that the season ticket is the ultimate in prepurchase tickets.

Yep, replied to point out the irony of us being asked to pay 5 months in advance of the league starting. This is making me more mad the more I think about it. Surely there has to be some other avenue for representation and have our voices heard? Would county board have any remit?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Yep, replied to point out the irony of us being asked to pay 5 months in advance of the league starting. This is making me more mad the more I think about it. Surely there has to be some other avenue for representation and have our voices heard? Would county board have any remit?

County boards are quite anti the season tickets and have been the ones campaigning against holders getting good seats in finals etc. it's a Croke park central run scheme and they appear to short sightedly resent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

http://www.thescore.ie/gaa-season-ticket-prices-1700454-Oct2014/

The article's up but unfortunately TheScore shied away from mentioning the situation with All Ireland final tickets or pretty much any other issue with the system

Wrote something more in detail on Krank.ie that was published this morning:

http://www.krank.ie/category/lifestyle/spo/gaa-season-tickets-wheres-loyalty/
    GAA Season Tickets: Where’s the Loyalty?
    Launched in November 2008, the GAA Season Ticket was an inspired decision to encourage fans to regularly head to games over the course of the inter-county season from the start of the National Leagues in February through to the Championships over the summer. The basic premise of the season ticket was that paying the €75.00 for it meant that you got access to your county’s National League matches and their first Championship game; 8 games for €75.00 was a pretty good deal really. It also gave you the right to buy a ticket for every round of the Championship that your county qualified for thereafter and you got €5.00 off the full price of the ticket.

Season ticket holders also get to have a devoted section in grounds around the country – generally under cover – and in Croke Park it is on the halfway line. The other advantage of the ticket was that if your county got to the All-Ireland Final and you had attended at least 60% of their games prior to that you would get access to a ticket for that too. As anyone in Ireland knows, they are like gold dust, often changing hands for many times their face value.

All in all, it has been a great system.

On the night of launch back in November 2008, I happened to be online and purchased one of the first season tickets out of the initial trial batch – 250 tickets were allocated to each county for 2009. Because I had this season ticket it meant I was able to renew it for 2010, 2011 etc. Being from Dublin, this was a particularly advantageous situation to be in as they have been hugely oversubscribed ever since. Because of this ticket I was able to be at the 2011 and 2013 All-Ireland Finals to see Dublin win. Nothing will ever come close to the feeling of those days.
    {CONT'D on krank.ie}

Continued over on http://www.krank.ie/category/lifestyle/spo/gaa-season-tickets-wheres-loyalty/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Jaysus the end of that article is a bit of a scary thought. However much the value of it has been compromised before, it wouldn't shock me in the least if they reduced league prices again, but won't give potential season ticket customers fair warning about that. It's disgraceful what's been happening so far so that possibility wouldn't be a shock. And the county boards happily backing the process doesn't surprise me in the least since they were the very reason why good fans never got good tickets in the past. It was always a chance for these guys to repay favours and help out their buddies with nice tickets, it never had anything whatsoever to do with county loyalty. And that's the way these guys liked it.

As a former club secretary who found himself being f**ked around by a fairly good cross-section of ar$ehole club administrators over my time trying to get us off the ground, I'm not in the least surprised by such actions, these guys are, after all, the ones who were best at climbing the greasy poll. A GAA admin could buy and sell the entire Fianna Fail shadow cabinet while he was cooking his breakfast. The season ticket holder will be screwed.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Jaysus the end of that article is a bit of a scary thought. However much the value of it has been compromised before, it wouldn't shock me in the least if they reduced league prices again, but won't give potential season ticket customers fair warning about that. It's disgraceful what's been happening so far so that possibility wouldn't be a shock. And the county boards happily backing the process doesn't surprise me in the least since they were the very reason why good fans never got good tickets in the past. It was always a chance for these guys to repay favours and help out their buddies with nice tickets, it never had anything whatsoever to do with county loyalty. And that's the way these guys liked it.

As a former club secretary who found himself being f**ked around by a fairly good cross-section of ar$ehole club administrators over my time trying to get us off the ground, I'm not in the least surprised by such actions, these guys are, after all, the ones who were best at climbing the greasy poll. A GAA admin could buy and sell the entire Fianna Fail shadow cabinet while he was cooking his breakfast. The season ticket holder will be screwed.

I think the County boards are the root of a lot of this, I know in 2013 when the Chairde Mhaigheo tickets were handed out there was up roar and threats by clubs not to pay memberships and the like due to the quality of ticket received.
    While I understand their grievance as there were plenty of full on supporters who attended most if not all the likes of FBD/League etc at the same time it seemed to relegate us season ticket holders to the corners, so u had your corporate, "buddy tickets" and no chairde Mhaigheo and the likes getting the prime spots and we were the 3rd or 4th class tickets.
    From what I can see they want rid of us and they are doing their utomost to try and psiss off as many as possible.

It's making me think twice about lamping out my €95.00 for mine and my brothers' tickets especially given that this is the "crap" year for away games.
    yop wrote: »
    I think the County boards are the root of a lot of this, I know in 2013 when the Chairde Mhaigheo tickets were handed out there was up roar and threats by clubs not to pay memberships and the like due to the quality of ticket received.
    While I understand their grievance as there were plenty of full on supporters who attended most if not all the likes of FBD/League etc at the same time it seemed to relegate us season ticket holders to the corners, so u had your corporate, "buddy tickets" and no chairde Mhaigheo and the likes getting the prime spots and we were the 3rd or 4th class tickets.
    From what I can see they want rid of us and they are doing their utomost to try and psiss off as many as possible.

They should just get rid of the bloody scheme then or tell the Countyn Boards where to go. They'll soon toe the HQ line.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 PatrickJoseph

I suppose the big thing here is the guaranteed provincial and All-Ireland Final tickets, but if your county isn't likely to get that far, I can't see any incentive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Just renewed although i feel i am not getting much value.

The reason's why i went for it in the end

Got good seats for Croker games the last 2 years

Gonna hopefully get a seating group going together with the lads so we can all have good seats together

Other than that i'm kinda stumped why i bothered

Advertisement