Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa Season Ticket 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

So in the last year we've had:
    • A decrease in gate/early-bird individual match tickets in the league, reducing the value of the season ticket
    • A change to the rules that shafted the season ticket holders and put them out of Cusack Central/to the front to accommodate county boards who give them to their mates/fairweather fans/whoever wasn't there freezing themselves in February/March/April
    • A complete disaster with the attendance taking earlier in the year, especially for non-HQ games
    • ...And a price increase

They're having a laugh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Personally I would add things up like this

5 league games
    1 quarter
    1 semi
    1 final
    1 first round championship game

Of those, I may attend 3 or 4 of the league games, maybe the semi and final and the championship game.

That would possibly come to around €80 or so. In reality I may miss another league game, not bother with the league semi's or final, depending on who is in them.

I really see no benefit to this at all. Unless you are going to struggle to find an All Ireland final ticket there is no benefit really.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I really see no benefit to this at all. Unless you are going to struggle to find an All Ireland final ticket there is no benefit really.

I fall into this category since I'm not club-affiliated and support Dublin. That doesn't make it any less of a bitter pill to swallow. I'm paying to get shafted all year, especially at the business end of the season. I should be rewarded for attending the O'Byrne & Walsh Cups, the entire League and every Championship game. Nothing beats being there? Come off it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

The f@#kers are putting the price up for next year!!!!!!!!! No mention of ANY additional benefits. This after being to the Canal End of the 65 on Saturday surrounded by tourists and suits. Raging (but thankfully still in celebratory mood). €85 for renewals, €95 for newcomers.

Where did you see this? Please provide a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

So the listed benfits are according to their email are:
    Allianz League matches in the selected code including any semi-finals, finals or relegation play-offs.
    AIB GAA Club Championship Finals on St. Patrick’s Day in Croke Park.
    AIB GAA Club Junior and Intermediate All-Ireland Finals in selected code
    Opening Championship Fixture for your County
    Further special offers for various GAA fixtures.

Given that they are shafting the season tickets into the **** seats there is no benefit left to get these tickets. Just buy in supervalu and head in. Most matches are unreserved seating anyway.

Even in croke park you only need to worry about seating allocation from the AI semi final up. The others have so many empty seats you can just move until you get a decent seat.

I operate 3 season tickets (2 as gifts) and don't see how i could justify renewing. They've really screwed a great idea up now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

mayo.mick wrote: »

E-mail received this morning

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Email received this morning:

A Chara,

The 2014 Championship has come to a close. The Provincial Championship draws will soon take place and the League fixtures are being finalised so it is time to renew your Season Ticket(s) for 2015.

Enjoy another year of great value with the GAA Season Ticket.The early bird price of €85 is available until 31st October and no later! The price will then increase to €95 so make sure to renew ASAP.

The Club + price has not been confirmed by your County just yet but you will be able to upgrade via your on-line account at a later stage. So get in before October 31st to avail of the early bird price!

Enjoy another year of great value with the GAA Season Ticket.

Your season tickets includes the following:

Allianz League matches in the selected code including any semi-finals, finals or relegation play-offs.
    AIB GAA Club Championship Finals on St. Patrick’s Day in Croke Park.
    AIB GAA Club Junior and Intermediate All-Ireland Finals in selected code
    Opening Championship Fixture for your County
    Further special offers for various GAA fixtures.

To renew now click here

RENEWAL INSTRUCTIONS:

Click on the Product
    Tick the ‘Select’ box beside the Season Ticket(s) you wish to renew and click ‘Renew Selected’.
    Select the payment card or add a new one and complete the job.
    It’s simple!

A couple of items to note:

If you had a Club+ in 2014 you will be prompted to renew the regular Season Ticket and you will be able to upgrade to Club+ once your County has finalised the price.
    If a juvenile from 2014 is no longer a juvenile (i.e. under 16 on 1st January 2014) then the renewal will default as an adult Season Ticket for 2015.
    Additional Tickets will be available to purchase from Wednesday October 1st, subject to availability.

Le meas

GAA Ticket Office

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

<<others already responded>>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

E-mail received this morning

Sorry :o I did not get the e-mail. I was on to them last week to change my e-mail address as vodafone are ceasing providing an e-mail service from the 18th of October. I guess they changed it but not to my new address? Sorry again Southern Belle :o

Sorry :o I did not get the e-mail. I was on to them last week to change my e-mail address as vodafone are ceasing providing an e-mail service from the 18th of October. I guess they changed it but not to my new address? Sorry again Southern Belle :o

You just asked a question, I suppose we didn't state it in the thread :pac:

• Advertisement

I just meant I received by e-mail and couldn't post link! Let's all be friends again! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

Yup that price increase is absolute bull crap and the quality of seats this year allotted to season ticket holders was the worst ever imho. So after 3 years Im not renewing mine this year. The value isn't there anymore, as highlighed by others on here

• Registered Users Posts: 40 PatrickJoseph

€95 is crazy for a five-game hurling league - if admission stays the same at €13 per game plus one 1st round championship game at say €35, there is no real saving. I know you have the security of guaranteed tickets but is it worth it? Only two counties get to All-Ireland Final

€95 is crazy for a five-game hurling league - if admission stays the same at €13 per game plus one 1st round championship game at say €35, there is no real saving. I know you have the security of guaranteed tickets but is it worth it? Only two counties get to All-Ireland Final

It's €10 per game if you buy in advance if I recall correctly. €50 there, possibly more if you make the final. Your first championship game is €20-25. That's €75 guaranteed spend. Even if you do well and make the league final you'll just break even. Every championship match after is €5 off bar the final but if you falter fast it's just not worth it and even if you don't you save a few quid only to get to watch the final from 303 row A while somebody who's mates with the county board gets to watch their second match of the year from the mid-center of the Cusack.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Weren't league matches only a tenner if bought in advance?

I've sent this to the folks at TheScore who say they'll take a look at the thread/situation in the next day or two. Not sure what'll come out of it but if an article lands it might publicise that we're being crapped on from on high after some good years (2010-2013). I'll note there's not too many people complaining about the Parnell Pass allocations, I wonder if it's the same for the other county-led schemes

Weren't league matches only a tenner if bought in advance?

Yes that makes it even worse. Maybe value enough for football with 7 games, but poor for hurling

Value isn't too bad if you go to all the games...

5 league games
    1 quarter final
    semi
    final

first championship game
    club finals

I'm sure all that adds up to more than €95 but it is not such good value to make it a no brainer decision. If like me you miss the odd game or 2, then it losses it's appeal very quickly, especially if your team is not involved in the latter stages of the league.

5 league games
    1 quarter final
    semi
    final

first championship game
    club finals

I'm sure all that adds up to more than €95 but it is not such good value to make it a no brainer decision. If like me you miss the odd game or 2, then it losses it's appeal very quickly, especially if your team is not involved in the latter stages of the league.

Hard enough to get to all your own county's games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Grats

5 league games
    1 quarter final
    semi
    final

first championship game
    club finals

Presume you can only use the ST to semi and final if your County is involved?

• Advertisement

No you can go to it with a hurling ST from any county as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I've had a season ticket since they launched and been a big fan of the scheme, despite never being fortunate enough to use it to see my county (Waterford) in an all ireland final. The value for money and convenience made it worth while.

I won't be renewing though this year, its no longer value, in season 1 of the season ticket league games were €15 and there was more of them. Now league games are just a tenner. The value is gone, Waterford are lumbered with 3 of their five games away from home too and on top of all that, my first born is due in a couple of weeks so questionable how many games I'll get to anyway.

For all those reasons I'm out.

Btw, completely disgraceful that season ticket holders are not getting the best of tickets for croker also

No you can go to it with a hurling ST from any county as far as I know.

Thats correct. In fact you can go to any league game for any county with a hurling season ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

KevIRL wrote: »
    Thats correct. In fact you can go to any league game for any county with a hurling season ticket

Only if your own county is involved no?

Horse84 wrote: »
    Only if your own county is involved no?

Nope. Have used it in the past to go to other counties games. Dont get the chance too often of course cause most games on at the same time

The point is that tickets prices are being reduced for standard purchases but increased for the mugs that they know are loyal, as well as taking away what was the main attraction-decent AI tickets

The point is that tickets prices are being reduced for standard purchases but increased for the mugs that they know are loyal, as well as taking away what was the main attraction-decent AI tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

I purchased the season ticket from the start and they were great value at the time (more league games and €15 per game).
    Now you can get into league matches for €10 and they're fewer games. If kk do not make the league semi final or final, I would not go to those matches. The same goes for the club finals in croker. Throw in the fact that they gave us pure ****e tickets for the replay, it really makes the scheme a joke.
    As said by alot of posters earlier, the GAA are completely ripping off the loyal GAA fans with this pricing system and allocation of tickets.
    It's just not good enough seen as they get the €85 now, even though the matches will not start until February and they take the money for the championship matches approx 2weeks before the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I fall into this category since I'm not club-affiliated and support Dublin. That doesn't make it any less of a bitter pill to swallow. I'm paying to get shafted all year, especially at the business end of the season. I should be rewarded for attending the O'Byrne & Walsh Cups, the entire League and every Championship game. Nothing beats being there? Come off it

Would a Parnell Pass be an option for you instead?

I have a terrace/Hill PP. I prefer to be on the Hill for the knock out stages, but for the 3 Leinster champo games, I prefer to sit. So I just buy tickets on tickets.ie. I generally get really good seats on the half way line, in either the Lr Hogan or Lr Cusack.

With a PP you get

Free in to all club games in both codes
    Free in to all home league games in both codes (you are given one Master ticket that gets you into anywhere Croker, so you don't have to stay on the Hill, if you'd prefer to sit in a stand)
    Automatic entitlement to an AI final ticket if Dublin make it
    No worry about keeping 60% attendance, or whether your account is updated

The only thing I don't know, is how/good bad the seats are for the people who have a stand Parnell Pass. I don't think they are in a set allocated area. You get whatever is available at the time. Perhaps peeps here may know?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

No renewal email for me as yet. Dissapointed at another slap in the face for the loyal ticket holders. Starting to look like it's just being treated as a cash cow. Especially since they fail to even point out the increase or explain why. Customer service levels are diabolical.

Advertisement