Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

It will be interesting to see what level of performance Coleman can get out of the lads now that our season is all but over. The Rosenberg games aside, the application from some of them this season has been lacking to say the least.

Perhaps it's time to give younger players like Keating and Donelon a run in the side. Both should at least be eager to make their mark if nothing else. I know Keating impressed a lot of Harps' fans during his stint there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

It will be interesting to see what level of performance Coleman can get out of the lads now that our season is all but over. The Rosenberg games aside, the application from some of them this season has been lacking to say the least.

Perhaps it's time to give younger players like Keating and Donelon a run in the side. Both should at least be eager to make their mark if nothing else. I know Keating impressed a lot of Harps' fans during his stint there.

If we had played half the games this season, the same as we played over the two games against Rosenborg, we would still be competing for a top 4 place.

Play the rest of the season the same, gives the fans something to cheer about and get behind, and good times might return next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

Massive goal for Sligo Rovers! None (84mins) Sligo Rovers 1 Limerick 0

An important win with Derry and Bohs having made up significant ground on us before last night. 5th place is as good as it's gonna get for us now, but looking at the table, even that's not guaranteed.

Where we finish will ultimately come down to how well Coleman can motivate this lot. We know from the Rosenberg games that the ability is there, but there are big question marks when it comes to their application and desire.

All change at the showgrounds it seems with Joey being loaned out to Limerick and Djilali leaving also.

It was inevitable that sacrifices would have to be made with us falling so far off the pace this year -resulting in even more belt tightening measures. And as brilliant as Joey has been for us, the reality is that he has hardly kicked a ball this season, and every cent now has to be accounted for and justified.

Thanks for everything Joey. Absolute legend that you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Charliebull

All change at the showgrounds it seems with Joey being loaned out to Limerick and Djilali leaving also.

It was inevitable that sacrifices would have to be made with us falling so far off the pace this year -resulting in even more belt tightening measures. And as brilliant as Joey has been for us, the reality is that he has hardly kicked a ball this season, and every cent now has to be accounted for and justified.

Thanks for everything Joey. Absolute legend that you are.

yeas and now it seems greene is going to pats and North to Shams

yeas and now it seems greene is going to pats and North to Shams

Cawley rumoured to be on the way as well. It could just be idle gossip of course. But it does feel like the club has gone beyond it's means with the current full time set up, and that it's time to come back down to earth.

Cawley rumoured to be on the way as well. It could just be idle gossip of course. But it does feel like the club has gone beyond it's means with the current full time set up, and that it's time to come back down to earth.

No I just think they are being prudent and deciding in a season that has nothing left to play for they are cutting the high earning under performing earners
    I mean

Joey is well past it now
    Greene has not tried at all
    Gaynor is a the worst left back I ever seen
    Djilali great player but just does not turn up

Let's save a few pound a build again from end of season

Zayed on loan until the end of the season? So much for my 'belt tightening' theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

Zayed on loan until the end of the season? So much for my 'belt tightening' theory.

It's nothing to do with saving money. It's down to JC getting rid of the players he feels won't contribute to his plans.

Although I would have my reservations over an extremely injury prone Davoren.

• Advertisement

Daryl Kavanagh signing for us as well, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

red sean wrote: »

Does anyone know if ndo has the required coaching badges to be manager?

Does anyone know if ndo has the required coaching badges to be manager?

Think this conversation was had before, think he was missing some of them. Gavin Dykes has named interm manager anyway for the last 6 matches.

Joey can't manage an LOI team at present.

Hopefully Dykes will give the likes of Keating, Boylan, and some of the other u19s a good run out in the remaining games.

We may very well need them bedded in for next season if the club budget needs another haircut after missing out on Europe. In fact, if it's at all possible, I think the MC should end Zayed's loan deal and send him back to Dublin. Nothing against the lad but every cent needs to be saved imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Think this conversation was had before, think he was missing some of them. Gavin Dykes has named interm manager anyway for the last 6 matches.

Has this been confirmed yet?

prodsc wrote: »
    Has this been confirmed yet?

Expected to be confirmed this evening as per OceanFm earlier on. Coleman expected to return to Acrington Stanley.

Coleman appointed at Accrington Stanley,confirmed just now on 5 Live!

i really hope this is only a stop gap appointment

he is not the man to take the club forward

Please not Roddy, please not Roddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Benny Bulben

On another topic, for anyone around the Dublin area tonight - the Dublin Supporters Club Race Night is on in Doheny & Nesbitts on Baggot Street. Kicking off at 8pm.

Messrs. Coleman & Bell were due to attend, so the Tote takings for the night will be down now that they have moved on.

Ole is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dr Devious

Accringtons fans aren't exactly doing cartwheels with the news that the former manager is back with them. Going by the comments on forums and local papers its up there with Roddy Collins arriving at the Showgrounds. Hopefully now they will skip Paul Cook and his cronies and make a fresh start elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

Dr Devious wrote: »
    Accringtons fans aren't exactly doing cartwheels with the news that the former manager is back with them. Going by the comments on forums and local papers its up there with Roddy Collins arriving at the Showgrounds. Hopefully now they will skip Paul Cook and his cronies and make a fresh start elsewhere.

Well said. Does anyone out there know why Rovers' unofficial supporter's forum has been down all week?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

Well said. Does anyone out there know why Rovers' unofficial supporter's forum has been down all week?

It's gone.

R_overs1 wrote: »
    It's gone.

That's a pity. Any particular reason do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Rovers former PRO ran it. I guess now that he doesn't have that roll any more it was deleted?

6781 wrote: »
    Rovers former PRO ran it. I guess now that he doesn't have that roll any more it was deleted?

Seems likely. I see Accrington Stanley signed Sean McGuire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Seems likely. I see Accrington Stanley signed Sean McGuire!
    Yet when Sean McGuire showed signs of improving under Coleman he didn't look to extend his contract. Had he one eye on the Stanley job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

It seems the hosting site has gone altogether.

Advertisement