Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I would have thought that making a profit for the company was goal number 1 since the promoter makes a profit when the show draws decent numbers which exceed costs. Unless of course the promoter decide not to pay the workers.

Exactly, and that profit is how he makes his own money. It's a job, like any other. He's doing it to pay his own bills first and foremost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Sorry lads I shouldn't have been so vague.

Basically tommy was complaining about heyman being in Vince's pocket the whole time ecw was alive and not telling anyone and according to Dreamer Ecw could have been sold for 110 million at the end but Heyman wouldn't show for the meetings.

He also wanted to do an ecw/wcw invasion when both companys were still in business but Paul didn't want to upset vince.

Sounds like BS. Afaik Heyman was getting $1,000-$5,000 from the WWF payroll. That $110m figure sounds absurd. An ECW invasion angle with a Vince Russo-run WCW would likely have been terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Jericho is starting to grow on me.. Listened to loads recently, Jake Roberts, McIntyre, Eve Torres, Christian, Edge/Heyman, Zack Ryder.. Always good interviews, seems like he had a lot more personal interaction with them than Austin, so the conversation can stray off course.

I remember he had a segment a while ago about the worst cover songs ever.. I think Fozzy - SOS should be added to that list. One of the best pop songs ever murdered in the cheesiest possible fashion. They are Nickelback level bad.

JR tends to talk to younger wrestlers like he's their dad.. Or a coach. Doesn't bother me but seems to turn a lot of people off.

Been listening to John Pollock's excellent G1 rundown and think I'll check them out on uStream. Only really familiar with Japan through podcasts but the little I've seen looks great. On a hiatus from WWE at the moment.. Not digging Rollins, Reigns etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,571 ✭✭✭✭briany

The latest Jericho podcast with Christian and his former loan officer 'Snooks' is bizarre but hilarious.

I heard Russo is appearing on Ross's podcast. Is that still happening?

Recently listened to Ken Shamrock on Austin and Ronda Rousey on Ross.

Shamrock's starts off very carny, full of stuff about how he would be in the top 10% of UFC fighters in terms of conditioning and skill. Then there's a detailed rundown of his miserable childhood followed by stuff on his Japan experiences with Pancreas and UFC. His WWF run will have to wait for an ep. 3

Rousey is a decent interview but Jim Ross is an embarassment. Total creep as per usual. I was a bit surprised that UFC let her do the interview considering the sleazy direction which Ross takes his interviews with
    women.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

So behind as I said but have heard horror stories about about Sting on Jim Ross's show and Jim Ross on Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling.

Jim Ross quote from the Rousey interview:

(after Ronda says her post-fight meal is naked buffalo wings with hot sauce and blue cheese)
    "Now, those wings are naked, but you're clothed? ... The next big commercial is with Ronda eating naked wings"

Ronda awkwardly laughs it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

rovert wrote: »
    So behind as I said but have heard horror stories about about Sting on Jim Ross's show and Jim Ross on Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling.

The Sting one is incredibly dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

gimmick wrote: »
    The Sting one is incredibly dull.

I seen people raving about it on twitter and I thought the exact same.

I've learned now not to believe any hype surrounding his podcasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Thought it was awful JR loves the sound of his own voice not to mention 5 minutes talking about the size of a old wrestler's penis while Sting was clearly laughing very awkwardly.

Also rambling on and on about the same stuff every show we get it you don't like the style in ROH you don't have repeat it every single show.

• Advertisement

Has Goldberg had any wrestling guests on so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Has Goldberg had any wrestling guests on so far?

No, but his podcasts are getting a little more interesting because he's answering wrestling questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

austin with ricky morton was good

Rather spectacular rant from Roddy on his latest podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Highly recommend Heyman on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani. Covers a lot of Brock/MMA stuff aswell as WWE stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I kind of liked Roddy Pipers interview with Jeff Hardy mainly because it cut quick straight to the interview and I didn't have to listen to adds and drivel for 10mins, Listened to Sean Waltman and Johnny Fairplay , Disco Inferno is on MLW this week so I see what he's like, I hear Vince Russo has a podcast too

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Forgot that Piper had a podcast. I listened to a couple, but he was so nuts and bonkers I just zoned out.

Jesse Ventura has a podcast now. I think Jesse is great so I will be giving this a listen.

Oh btw it's called We The People with Jesse Ventura

• Advertisement

Not sure about a Jesse podcast. There has just been so much nonsense from him over the last few years. In fact, I wouldn't even call it nonsense, people are entitled to their opinion and I'm pretty tolerant of other peoples opinions. The problem is, Jesse is just so strong with his it often leads to arguments. I don't know if I can be dealing with that on a train ride. Now if he wants to bring on a wrestler just to shoot the **** about the 80's, I'm all for that.

Jesse actually talks a lot of sense about 90% of the time - take his comments on his podcast re Cuba, immigration, drones, Iraq etc. The other 10% of the time when he goes on about 9/11 and that is a bit much, which I dont take seriously, but overall he is worth listening to.

Chris Jericho was his first wrestling guest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Jesse might be decent. He won't get sucked into the Bischoff, Scott Hall, Kev Nash, Jim Cornette guests like every other podcast and he'll have proper mentals on. Could be good.

Ringbelles - a podcast that interviews women's Wrestlers finally put together an index of all their interviews. May not be some people's bag but it is a great podcast for several reasons. Lee one of the hosts is a real radio host so it is broadcast quality all the way round. Both hosts are at ease talking to Women until a lot of podcasters. :P In terms of interview subjects the Women tend to be more interesting than the men as Indie's Women' Wrestling is so marginal and part time so they have crazier stories and outside interests and jobs. Instead of stay usual male interviewee tropes Wrestling in the backyard with their brother/friends or playing College football but failing to go Pro.

http://ringbellesonline.com/podcasts/

Of local interest:
    Two interviews with Rebecca Knox (Becky Lynch)
    http://ringbellesonline.com/2011/04/24/wow-podcast-20-special-flashback-interview-with-rebecca-knox/
    http://ringbellesonline.com/2012/10/23/fight-like-a-girl-rebecca-knox/

The first was her first interview after her head injury after COMPLETELY disappearing from the public eye. The interview was equally praised to the high heavens and kind of slagged as she was as mad as box of hammers on it. Some people said she was still recovering from her head injury a narrative makes sense as she is far more even keel in the second interview five years later which takes place after her first match back in Wrestling.

Katey Harvey is very likable and has impressive ambition:
    http://ringbellesonline.com/2013/06/16/my-name-is-katey-harvey/

^ thanks for that, added them on Stitcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Chael Sonnen on this weeks Jericho is great. But then I could listen to Chael all day. He is great.

Bully Ray on Jim Ross was pretty good too as stream rolled Jim Ross's interruptions.

So I checked out the Jesse Ventura podcast... loved it. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Here's hoping he keeps it up.

Enjoyed Foley on austins podcast. I'm a big foley fan though and have heard most of the stories before but liked the 2 lads laughing togethar.

Not a huge mma fan but thought Chael Sonnen on jericho's podcast was great!

Also thought the 2 Rhodes brothes on jericho's podcast was great!

Not a big fan of jr's podcast but enjoyed the bully ray interview.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    Ringbelles - a podcast that interviews women's Wrestlers finally put together an index of all their interviews. May not be some people's bag but it is a great podcast for several reasons. Lee one of the hosts is a real radio host so it is broadcast quality all the way round. Both hosts are at ease talking to Women until a lot of podcasters. :P In terms of interview subjects the Women tend to be more interesting than the men as Indie's Women' Wrestling is so marginal and part time so they have crazier stories and outside interests and jobs. Instead of stay usual male interviewee tropes Wrestling in the backyard with their brother/friends or playing College football but failing to go Pro.

http://ringbellesonline.com/podcasts/

Of local interest:
    Two interviews with Rebecca Knox (Becky Lynch)
    http://ringbellesonline.com/2011/04/24/wow-podcast-20-special-flashback-interview-with-rebecca-knox/
    http://ringbellesonline.com/2012/10/23/fight-like-a-girl-rebecca-knox/

The first was her first interview after her head injury after COMPLETELY disappearing from the public eye. The interview was equally praised to the high heavens and kind of slagged as she was as mad as box of hammers on it. Some people said she was still recovering from her head injury a narrative makes sense as she is far more even keel in the second interview five years later which takes place after her first match back in Wrestling.

Katey Harvey is very likable and has impressive ambition:
    http://ringbellesonline.com/2013/06/16/my-name-is-katey-harvey/

Thanks again for sharing this. Only got around to listening to Rebecca's interview today. There's a bitta difference between the first and second one.

Choice quotes:

"...flopping around like (an untrained) WWE diva"

On her job as flight attendant: "I didn't like it,maybe that's because I don't like flying".

She seems like such a lovely person.

Advertisement