Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

MrSparkle wrote: »
    This is not going to be everyone's cup of tea with the yellow but I'm very happy with it. I had my eye on it for a few years and got it with a 25% discount as the Aquatimer lineup is changing so had to pick it up.

You joking, right? The yellow along with the orange one, are the best looking IWC divers IMO. Unfortunately, the orange one comes in chronograph version only, so the yellow would be my pick as well, while the new ones are trully hideous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

My Stowa finally arrived last week - as per previous what watch should I buy? :)

Many thanks for the recommendation guys, Ive been very very chuffed with it - so much so, herself is letting me wear it right away (supposed to be a wedding present :pac:)

Very happy with the strap (colour is a good bit lighter in person), and the case size is grand on wrist imo - thanks again Zagato for letting me try yours for size :)

Coupla pics..!

orangefront.jpg

orangecrown.jpg

orangeback.jpg

hand1.jpg

Lume attempt :P
    lumecloser.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

Cyrus wrote: »
    stunner, really like those,

strap change mech is cool too, and it looks good on rubber aswell

Yep the strap change mech licensed from Cartier is very cool. I'll look into getting a rubber strap for it also. Great to get it with the bracelet as it's apparently very expensive on it's own.

m4r10 wrote: »
    You joking, right? The yellow along with the orange one, are the best looking IWC divers IMO. Unfortunately, the orange one comes in chronograph version only, so the yellow would be my pick as well, while the new ones are trully hideous.

Yeah definitely, the yellow and black is my favourite from the diver range from IWC.

I tried on 3 of the new Aquatimers yesterday and I don't like them. The price is gone up also, they were asking for 5k for the entry level Aquatimer.
    http://www.iwc.com/en/collection/aquatimer/IW3290/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Wossack wrote: »
    My Stowa finally arrived last week - as per previous what watch should I buy? :)

Many thanks for the recommendation guys, Ive been very very chuffed with it - so much so, herself is letting me wear it right away (supposed to be a wedding present :pac:)

Very happy with the strap (colour is a good bit lighter in person), and the case size is grand on wrist imo - thanks again Zagato for letting me try yours for size :)

Coupla pics..!
    [/URL]

congrats, welcome to the Stowa club

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Got this strap for my girlfriend, but I think I'd enjoy it more :)

316900.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

have one of these on pre order

Magrette GMT

magretterGMT_zps4476b640.jpg

dont see these on their website...where you getting it from DP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

TomCo wrote: »

316900.jpg

good swap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    dont see these on their website...where you getting it from DP?

Linky

http://www.magrette.eu/web-store/magrette-watches/p-1/

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭aldark

v. nice, what is that - omega?

Honestly haven't a clue.

The dial is totally sterile and there are no identifying marks on the movement. From reviewing images of different movements it seems to use a AS984 which taking the style into consideration dates it to the 40's.

Lugs are drilled through and from the faint marks on the caseback it looks to have been on a NATO at some point in the past.

It's one of my favorites, I just wish I knew what it was!

• Advertisement

Here's a Seiko SNKE63K1 on a leather NATO. Got this one a few months ago but I hated the metal bracelet so much I couldn't bear to wear it. Cost me €38 on ebay, strap was another €20 odd.

Day window is in both Arabic and English.

317441.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭aldark

I was thinking that it looked like a 6b/159 but I'm sure there's an earlier version with small seconds. Timefactors had a black faced www hommage - also with an as movement, but I much prefer the cream dial.
    Honestly haven't a clue.

The dial is totally sterile and there are no identifying marks on the movement. From reviewing images of different movements it seems to use a AS984 which taking the style into consideration dates it to the 40's.

Lugs are drilled through and from the faint marks on the caseback it looks to have been on a NATO at some point in the past.

It's one of my favorites, I just wish I knew what it was!

aldark wrote: »
    I was thinking that it looked like a 6b/159 but I'm sure there's an earlier version with small seconds. Timefactors had a black faced www hommage - also with an as movement, but I much prefer the cream dial.

It does have some similarities, but most watches from that era with a sub second dial look quite similar. I haven't found anything which looks exactly the same.

I posted a thread on it over here but didn't get much of a response.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/help-identify-sterile-watch-1044494.html

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Latest arrival, was planning on a diver but saw this one and had to have it.

IMG_6119_zpsd23eaa66.jpg

HDMI wrote: »
    Latest arrival, was planning on a diver but saw this one and had to have it.

Lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭DailyBlaa

Have three which I use on a daily basis depending on what I am doing.

27xqa9i.jpg

Picked up these two off ebay today:

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭Ryath

DailyBlaa wrote: »
    Have three which I use on a daily basis depending on what I am doing.

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/27xqa9i.jpg Picked up these two off ebay today:[/img]$_12.JPG$_12.JPG

Really like that bottom Seiko any idea what's the model number? Can find the ebay add and others with what appears to be the same case's but the dials are very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭DailyBlaa

Ryath wrote: »
    Really like that bottom Seiko any idea what's the model number? Can find the ebay add and others with what appears to be the same case's but the dials are very different.

It was posted today so as soon as it arrives will takes some pics and see what the exact details are. Liked the style, normally dont go for non-circular faces but liked the look of this and was cheap enough.

DailyBlaa wrote: »
    It was posted today so as soon as it arrives will takes some pics and see what the exact details are. Liked the style, normally dont go for non-circular faces but liked the look of this and was cheap enough.

yes. always like that shape "TV" i think they call it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

My Vostok Amphibia arrived today. I like it very much, but I am going to have to get a few links removed.

14708267609_e8f2342cca_z.jpg

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    My Vostok Amphibia arrived today. I like it very much, but I am going to have to get a few links removed.

My advice about the strap...remove a few links and then remove the strap and bin it...not great straps at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

My advice about the strap...remove a few links and then remove the strap and bin it...not great straps at all :D

Agreed - but I'll leave it for now until I figure it out. I much prefer link bracelets to fabric/leather.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

A mesh strap could look quite nice on that; I find them very comfortable too. Edit: something like this maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ballyrhy86

Orient Defender:

g2ZKU1nl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭emo72

very nice orient^^^^^ lovely colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

Absolutely delighted with this new arrival :) Hamiltion Intra-Matic.. Modern reincarnation of the 60's classic!

Inside the new Intra-Matic is the well known ETA 2892-2 movement with automatic winding. It is a highly reliable caliber, with a 42-hour power reserve and like the original Büren caliber, it is very thin, allowing for a very thin case. At its thickest point (the center of the domed crystal), the watch measures 9.76 mm thick, and at the edge of the case, it measures a mere 6.48 mm.

Clean lines, display back, nice movement plus I have never had a Hamilton in the collection meant this ticked a lot of boxes for me when I'm trying to justify another watch in the collection :P

Not my pics but will post some once I get a chance..

Hamilton-Top-View-Black-Glass_DxO_DxO-X3-thumb-960xauto-19697.jpg

Hamilton-Intra-Matic-CLose-Up-X3-thumb-660x440-19698.jpg

Hamilton-Intra-Matic-Side-Shot_DxO-1-X3-thumb-660x440-19700.jpg

Hamilton-Intra-Matic-caseback_DxO-1-X3-thumb-660x440-19706.jpg

Hamilton-Intra-Matic-Wristshot_DxO-1-X3-thumb-660x440-19702.jpg

P1010070-X3-thumb-660x440-19708.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That just screams classic style H. Lovely watch.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I can't compete with that beautiful Intra-Matic, but to keep the Hamilton theme going, I picked up a Khaki Field Auto 42mm a few weeks ago. The dial is charcoal rather than black, and goes quite well with the dark green strap. Not keeping spectacular time (about -20s/day), but I can live with that.

02a5e3cf-8787-4f8b-8ed6-ebc8665e4543.jpg

43327D96-778A-42CD-9F00-BB1160439342.jpg

Also picked up the Seiko 'Dracula' Monster, and put it on a Hadley Roma leather strap. Keeps excellent time (+2 or 3s/day when on the wrist).

E46EFD64-A232-4A6C-A51E-0EE06744F846.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I bought this old Tag Heuer, I am delighted with it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I was just given this as a present...

318838.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement