Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 johnphillips

Just a note to say hello to all. This thread made me register on boards.ie.
    Some fascinating watches and stories.

Keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Having posted photos of my recent acquisitions, I splashed out about £15 on a watch box. I thought a 12 spacer would be more than enough but I think I'll have to buy another one at some stage. 2 of the watches - the smaller ones are not really mine.

Thought maybe you'd like to see my collection. I'm not a flipper and my buying is sporadic. My recent acquisitions probably cost about as much as nearly all the other watches combined.

I can attach the photo but not sure how to make it appear other than as a URL. Usual apologies for the poor photo quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Having just acquired a new (for me, really second-hand) Omega, I can say I think your collection is pretty impressive. Particularly like the GP (bottom row, second from left): looks like some type of world timer?

FdP
    Marcusm wrote: »
    Having posted photos of my recent acquisitions, I splashed out about £15 on a watch box. I thought a 12 spacer would be more than enough but I think I'll have to buy another one at some stage. 2 of the watches - the smaller ones are not really mine.

Thought maybe you'd like to see my collection. I'm not a flipper and my buying is sporadic. My recent acquisitions probably cost about as much as nearly all the other watches combined.

I can attach the photo but not sure how to make it appear other than as a URL. Usual apologies for the poor photo quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭893bet

A serious collection for a 15 quid box!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

very nice pen too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

very nice! With apologies to "Jaws"....I think we are going to need a bigger box!
    First shout when you are flipping the IWC :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

IWC third from left bottom I mean! Lovely collection though, seriously.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sorry if I got all previous here M, but I grabbed and tweaked your pic, so the passersby can have an instant peek...
    29lh8yc.jpg
    Very nice collection Sir. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Great collection above there very jealous! :)
    My Seiko, Bought this in 2009 and wear it everywhere so has a few scratches,
    have not had too change the battery yet though! :)

Having just acquired a new (for me, really second-hand) Omega, I can say I think your collection is pretty impressive. Particularly like the GP (bottom row, second from left): looks like some type of world timer?

FdP

Yes a GP ww.tc which I bought at auction in late June; if you look back a few pages, you'll see a much better photo of it. It was a bargain and I'm waiting on a custom strap for it.
    893bet wrote: »
    A serious collection for a 15 quid box!

Funny how I was skimping ont he box, bought it on Amazon with a watch repair kit which I don't really need but I've stored the watch boxes etc in a storage unit with the related tools.
    rwbug wrote: »
    very nice pen too

A MontBlanc Nikolaj Meisterstuck in platinum and green malachite. I got it for a 1/3rd of retail price maybe 10 years ago. I saw one sell second hand recently for £800. I don't use it that much these days, it used to be a daily use pen.

TedR wrote: »
    very nice! With apologies to "Jaws"....I think we are going to need a bigger box!
    First shout when you are flipping the IWC :-)

Not a hope. I've had that 9 years and will be keeping it (and the others).
    Wibbs wrote: »
    Sorry if I got all previous here M, but I grabbed and tweaked your pic, so the passersby can have an instant peek...
    Very nice collection Sir. :)

Thank you for embedding the photo but I think it's all flattery on your part - there are only two watches there that you would actually wear!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Love Panerai and iwc watches , by a mile my favourite in that box. omega 2nd from left lovely too serious collection :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

Yet again another steinhart addition to my collection. This is the Nav B Uhr 47mm with the Unitas 6497 Hand Cranker!
    It's a big watch. Wears pretty big too!

2j4sso9.jpg
    sfbgb7.jpg
    fdc8wj.jpg
    f3x0kl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Am Busy trying to do the math on all these...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Thank you for embedding the photo but I think it's all flattery on your part - there are only two watches there that you would could actually wear without looking ridiculous!!!
    Fixed your post for you. :)

gold type right, silver top left, maybe gold bottom right, but I'd look like I'd stolen it. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    ]gold type right, silver top left, maybe gold bottom right, but I'd look like I'd stolen it. :D[/SIZE]

The one on top right is a 34mm 1961 Omega Seamaster which I think would wear well on your small wrists.

The SS Aqua Terra on top left is a 41.5mm and I think might wear a little large on you. The JLC is also very thick due to the alarm bell inside it.

The second one I thought you'd wear is the 1984 DJ on the bottom left.

Those two are the ones that aren't mine to wear.

Am Busy trying to do the math on all these...

You'll. never get it right; the only one I paid full price for was the Seamaster which cost me £1,050 in 1999.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

atsbury wrote: »
    Yet again another steinhart addition to my collection. This is the Nav B Uhr 47mm with the Unitas 6497 Hand Cranker!
    It's a big watch. Wears pretty big too!

It's practically a clock!
    Thanks for posting. I like steinhart, they seem to be a lot of watch for the money, but a little big.

bbbbb wrote: »
    Thanks for posting. I like steinhart, they seem to be a lot of watch for the money, but a little big.

Practicalities, wartime pilots need(ed) watches with large dials so that they are easily visible. If you think 47mm is big, take a look at my Railmaster DSL, it's 49.2mm. Only wearable by humongous monsters like me.

bbbbb wrote: »

Its a massive watch! At 47mm you can see in the pics, its the width of my wrist!
    Probably a little oversized, but i like it. Steinharts are an amazing timepiece. I have two others, both of which are 44mm which is a nice size. The quality of these however is amazing. Plenty of bang for the buck? as they say?
    The Nav B uhr 47mm (pictured) has a power reserve from a full wind of 48 hours, which is pretty amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I had a 47mm Russian pilot watch - can't remember the brand. It was a big watch but grand to wear, apart the large crown that dug into the top of my hand.

Damnit, now I want to buy a pilot watch again.

• Advertisement

Eoin wrote: »
    I had a 47mm Russian pilot watch - can't remember the brand. It was a big watch but grand to wear, apart the large crown that dug into the top of my hand.

Damnit, now I want to buy a pilot watch again.

I have the very same problem with my 47mm. The diamond crown digs deep!

have one of these on pre order

Magrette GMT

magretterGMT_zps4476b640.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

That Magrette above is similar to the new IWC Aquatimer, but possibly even nicer. And a lot cheaper too.

In Germany the other day, I bought this from the guys at chrono-lounge. They're based in a small town (think Tuam and divide by two, but add sunshine), and have only an office. Nice guys though, and willing to negotiate. I've also ordered the crocodile strap from them at a price that would make you realise just how much profit mainstream shops are making on all this...

So far, so very pleased with it. Fits well for a 44mm, and great lume. Also has the date function that I really (really) wanted, which ironically I had set to the wrong date for the first two days I had it.

Sorry, should have said, it's a Speedmaster 9300 co-axial chronograph...but you already knew that...

DSCF9113_zps53f7ccd5.jpg

DSCF9104_zps9af87ff5.jpg

DSCF9095_zpsbbceba5f.jpg

T it's a Speedmaster 9300 co-axial chronograph...but you already knew that...

Damn...Thought I was in the Selling thread and this was up for grabs

Stunner

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Its a bit of a Fiesta compared to some of the Ferraris on here! :D

Casio claimed that I broke the winder on the Edi-face, even though it was in warranty they wanted 55 pounds to fix something which was obviously faulty, so I have a perfect Edi-face with a broken winder :(

ANYWAY, this is the new buy.

Guess Rigor.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm slowing warming up to watches, and as an ex-scientist, I want to understand what I'm getting into. In the meantime, I vary between two "fashion" watches that I like for their clean dials, and masculine features. Hopefully, I plan to have made a serious purchase in the next year, along these lines.

A Kate Spade Brooklyn Chronograph. Paid approx $120 at an outlet. RRP circa $300

1yru0099_1.jpg?_ex=300x300&s=2&r=1

A Tous Drive Aluminio. Purchased for about $250 retail in the US.

foto-producto-2751.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

Been away from the forum for a while and also haven't bought anything new in nearly 2 years. I was supposed to pick up a Dornbluth 99.1 2 years ago but had to cancel that.

This is not going to be everyone's cup of tea with the yellow but I'm very happy with it. I had my eye on it for a few years and got it with a 25% discount as the Aquatimer lineup is changing so had to pick it up.

IWC Aquatimer 2000 Yellow

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

As you can see I like diving watches.

4.jpg

And big heavy watches. Breitling is 48mm and 153g, IWC is 44mm and 145g.
    5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Here's a lume shot stolen from ablogtowatch
    lume.jpg

There's a great macro photo of it here. My crappy photography skills don't do it justice.
    http://wallpaperswide.com/iwc_aquatimer_2000-wallpapers.html

I'm lovin the yellow myself. Gorgeous watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

stunner, really like those,

strap change mech is cool too, and it looks good on rubber aswell

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

My 2nd new purchase arrived this morning;

Krug Baümen Adventurer 1920KM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement