Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freemasons

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Anyone wishing to find out more on the subject should read Juri Lina's excellent books on the subject, in particular Under the Sign of the Scorpion:

I'm sure Lina's books are excellent, they do get glowing reviews from sites like Stormfront under the heading "Books Recommended for White Nationalists", while another of Lina's books claims that "Masonry is Judaism for Gentiles." Your other favourite source Oleg Platonov is a holocaust-denier, or maybe he's a serious historian too?

I'm guessing you think that there's a link at some level between Judaism and Freemasonry as well??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

A group to make contacts.
    Nice one Sacksian, just because I'm not a fan of Masonry I must be a Nazi. Typical argument of media-brainwashed people with little mental capacity for an intellectual debate. If this is all you bring to the table you are better off having one of these retarded skit-offs under a youtube video.

Nice one Sacksian, just because I'm not a fan of Masonry I must be a Nazi. Typical argument of media-brainwashed people with little mental capacity for an intellectual debate. If this is all you bring to the table you are better off having one of these retarded skit-offs under a youtube video.

I think I have enough mental capacity for a debate, thanks! I took what you said and I looked online for Juri Lina books and almost all of the discussion is about him not liking Jews, am I wrong?

Most people who are fans of his work agree that he's talking about Jews:
    This film (In the Shadow of Hermes) is based on Juri Lina’s epic work Under the Sign of the Scorpion. Although Lina doesn’t openly name the Jew in this film, instead invoking the term “freemason,” it is still a very good overview of communist atrocities in Russia/Eastern Europe that have been swept under the rug by the Jewish re-writers of history. Lina does name the Jew in his book though.

Is that right?

So, this article on his book "Under the Sign of the Scorpion is from a guy who, like yourself, seemed to enjoy it. Does it not seem that Juri Lina isn't a massive a fan of Jews? Is he not just rehashing the (long discredited) Protocols?
    Juri Lina claims that the USSR was ruled by Jewish gangsters. Soviet "anti-Semitism" was the spin they put on their gang wars. Marxist ideology was a smokescreen. Josef Stalin was a Jew who spoke Yiddish and married Jewish women.
    Like Lenin, another Jew (who died of syphilis) Stalin was also bisexual. (pp. 284-286). These are the freaks the Illuminati bankers put in power.
    "This symbolized the struggle of the cabbalistic Jews against their enemies," Lina writes. "There is no devil according to the Talmud. Satan and God are united in Yahweh."

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Sacksian wrote: »
    I'm sure Lina's books are excellent, they do get glowing reviews from sites like Stormfront under the heading "Books Recommended for White Nationalists", while another of Lina's books claims that "Masonry is Judaism for Gentiles." Your other favourite source Oleg Platonov is a holocaust-denier, or maybe he's a serious historian too?

I'm guessing you think that there's a link at some level between Judaism and Freemasonry as well??

Anyone with the most basic understanding of both masonry and Judaism would know that there is a "a link at some level between Judaism and Freemasonry". Evidently, you don't. So instead of making clueless accusations about books you haven't read and people you have never heard of and googling "Juri Lina" + anti semitism why don't you actually read the books yourself and make your own mind up?

• Advertisement

Anyone with the most basic understanding of both masonry and Judaism would know that there is a "a link at some level between Judaism and Freemasonry". Evidently, you don't. So instead of making clueless accusations about books you haven't read and people you have never heard of and googling "Juri Lina" + anti semitism why don't you actually read the books yourself and make your own mind up?

I think there are entirely benign links between Judaism and Freemasonry.

I don't know of any sinister ones, other than the ones rehashed on sites that perpetuate anti-semitic canards. The same sites which contain detailed reviews of Lina's books. Definitely a link there alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

A money making group.
    Anyone with the most basic understanding of both masonry and Judaism would know that there is a "a link at some level between Judaism and Freemasonry". Evidently, you don't.
    To be fair, the fact that Freemasonry uses Old Testament stories (and admits, amongst other faiths, Jews) isn't really a link between Judaism (as such) and Freemasonry. Nor is it indicative, as CarlowBruiser would have it, that Freemasonry is linked to Communism, or as his sources (including Lina) maintain, that Communism is a result of a conspiracy of Jews and Freemasons.
    So instead of making clueless accusations about books you haven't read and people you have never heard of and googling "Juri Lina" + anti semitism why don't you actually read the books yourself and make your own mind up?
    I have to say, my mind was close to made up after Linas' introduction pointed out how astrology is at the basis of his thinking. My confidence in his ability as a journalist was further eroded by his inability to check his sources (as above), but I think his crowning achievement was his ability to make outrageous statements like " Inbreeding probably played a big role in making Vladimir Ulyanov-Lenin so perverted: his extreme aggressiveness was hereditary and he was born with substantial brain damage, he had several nervous breakdowns, three strokes and was bisexual. He was also a psychopath.(page 91 & 92)" Although he hasn't substantiated any of his statements, I'm particularly fond of the last one (although I like the 'so perverted' bit too!), and find myself wondering if Lina made this assessment based on his 'knowledge' of Lenins' horoscope after discovering that "We have all been led to believe that Vladimir Ulyanov was born in Simbirsk on the 22nd of April 1870. According to the latest enquiries, however, his date of birth had been changed to that date. <...> Both Lenin and Stalin wished to prevent their true natures being revealed by the aid of horoscopes. (page 90)"

The word Jew appears 1206 times in the book by the way, and Lina variously links Jews to devil worship, world domination, the Inquisition, incest, the Illuminati, Freemasonry, the Jesuits, the murder of Leopold of Austria, the French Revolution, the Knights Templar, the assassination of Lincoln, etc etc. BY the time you get to the end you'd be amazed to discover that anyone who did anything of consequence in the whole of history was not a Jew. I think it's not unreasonable to think, based on his book, that Lina has issues with Jews.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Absolam wrote: »
    To be fair, the fact that Freemasonry uses Old Testament stories (and admits, amongst other faiths, Jews) isn't really a link between Judaism (as such) and Freemasonry. Nor is it indicative, as CarlowBruiser would have it, that Freemasonry is linked to Communism, or as his sources (including Lina) maintain, that Communism is a result of a conspiracy of Jews and Freemasons. .

Who are you trying to fool? We BOTH know, you more than that the first 3 degrees of Freemasonry are based on the Talmud and the Torah - Soloman's Temple, Hiram and so on.

A money making group.
    Who are you trying to fool? We BOTH know, you more than that the first 3 degrees of Freemasonry are based on the Talmud and the Torah - Soloman's Temple, Hiram and so on.
    Nobody. That's why I said "the fact that Freemasonry uses Old Testament stories (and admits, amongst other faiths, Jews) isn't really a link between Judaism (as such) and Freemasonry". The degrees aren't based on the Talmud and the Torah; stories from the Old Testament, which is based on the Torah, are used in the degrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Jews were actively involved in the beginnings of Freemasonry in

America. There is evidence they were among those who established

Masonry in 7 of the original 13 states: Rhode Island, New York,

Pennsylvania, Maryland, Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia.

A Jewish Mason, Moses Michael Hays, helped introduce the Masonic Scottish Rite in America. Hays was also Deputy Inspector General of Masonry for North America in 1768, and Grand Master of Massachusetts from 1788 to 1792. Paul Revere served under him as Deputy Grand Master. There were several other Jews who held the title of Deputy Inspector General of Masonry in the late 1700’s:

Jews had also been involved to a small extent in the formation of

modern Freemasonry in the early 1700’s in England.

Light is an important symbol in both Freemasonry and Judaism.{13}

One of the Jewish holidays is Chanukah, called the Festival of

Lights, commemorating the victory of the Jewish people over those

who had made the practice of our religion a crime punishable by

death around 165 B.C.E. (B.C.E. stands for Before Common Era, and

is used in the Jewish religion as the equivalent of B.C.). Light

is also an important symbol in Masonry, representing the Divine

spirit, religious freedom, and rededication of the Temple in

Jerusalem and of the spiritual Temple within us all.

One of the fundamental symbols of Masonry is the Temple of Solomon and the Second Temple, which also figured as the central part of the Jewish religion. King Solomon, one of the greatest figures in Jewish history, is also one of the most important figures in Masonic rituals.

http://www.masonicworld.com/education/files/mar05/freemasonry_and_judaism.htm

• Advertisement

A money making group.
    enno99 wrote: »
    Jews were actively involved in the beginnings of Freemasonry in America. There is evidence they were among those who established Masonry in 7 of the original 13 states: Rhode Island, New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia.
    Eh, yes, there are and were Jewish Freemasons, I would have thought that was pretty clear from the thread so far. So some of those involved in introducing Freemasonry in America would have been Jewish. A rather tiny proportion compared to the amount of Christians, but substantially more than the number of Muslims. That really reflects nothing more than the religious composition of the free settlers in the colonies at the time though..... I can't really see why you attach significance to the fact that there have been Jewish Freemasons who held particular positions in Freemasonry, surely it would be more significant if there weren't?
    Jews had also been involved to a small extent in the formation of modern Freemasonry in the early 1700’s in England.
    Again, as above. Do you think Freemasonry should have excluded Jewish people for some reason?
    Light is an important symbol in both Freemasonry and Judaism.
    Is there a culture/philosophy/symbolic system/religion in which light isn't an important symbol? Light would appear to be pretty much universally significant?
    One of the fundamental symbols of Masonry is the Temple of Solomon and the Second Temple, which also figured as the central part of the Jewish religion. King Solomon, one of the greatest figures in Jewish history, is also one of the most important figures in Masonic rituals.
    Also a rather significant figure and building in Christian and Muslim religions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Considering the foundations of these organisations like religions and societies with secrets, could it be more likely that the roots of these groups are more based in Egypt and their culture which spread to other areas(tower of babel?) and infected/created other cultures based off these ideas?
    I do se a lot of similarities with religions and different faiths.
    Judaism and chirstianity seem to share the same paradigm. is it a question of the chicken or the egg? Maybe not, but I am rusty on this stuff...
    Which makes me wonder suddenly... what are we talking about again? lol
    Maybe it's just too early in the morning for me :)
    Oh right, it was the foundations of Freemasonry right?

Then my first thoughts are Egyptology. Which includes Solomons story?
    I am also always very aware of the name IS RA EL and its links with Egypts ancient culture.

A money making group.
    Torakx wrote: »
    Considering the foundations of these organisations like religions and societies with secrets, could it be more likely that the roots of these groups are more based in Egypt and their culture which spread to other areas(tower of babel?) and infected/created other cultures based off these ideas?
    You might want to be a bit more specific? I don't think there are any extant religions with foundations in Egypt; I know some will argue that Judaism originated in Egypt but it's far from proven. Freemasonry (which is what I assume you're referring to when you say societies with secrets) can trace its' roots back to Scotland and England; any further is entirely speculative. The tower of Babel is generally believed (and I stress believed) to have been in Mesopotamia which is a bit of way from Egypt...
    I do se a lot of similarities with religions and different faiths.Judaism and chirstianity seem to share the same paradigm. is it a question of the chicken or the egg? Maybe not, but I am rusty on this stuff...
    I think it's a fairly safe bet to say Judaism came before Christianity, so what Christianity and Judaism share, came from Judaism. Except, perhaps, the idea of using a symbol to denote religious affiliation, which I heard somewhere came from Christianity to Judaism....
    Then my first thoughts are Egyptology. Which includes Solomons story? I am also always very aware of the name IS RA EL and its links with Egypts ancient culture.
    A more likely initial origin would be the stone mason guilds of medieval England; it's not as romantic or mystical but it's much easier to tie to the early records of the organisation. I'm more inclined to the mundane explanation for the word Israel too; 'clever' transliteration from Egyptian to Hebrew or Aramaic is probably a bit of a suspect method for establishing cultural links.

Hmm a tiny portion compared to Christians and yet responsible for setting up Freemasonry in over half of the states
    seems to be a driving force behind Freemasonry in US bringing Scottish rite etc were they something to do with KKK

A money making group.
    responsible for setting up Freemasonry in over half of the states seems to be a driving force behind Freemasonry in US bringing Scottish rite etc were they something to do with KKK
    That's a pretty big leap; how did you get to 'responsible for' from 'among those'? It hardly amounts to a 'driving force' when you're 'among those' in only half the states, does it, even leaving aside the rather massive presumption you appear to be making that the Jewish members were some sort of coherent group? And then a huge leap out of nowhere to 'were they something to do with KKK' is a bit of a non sequitur don't you think?

That's a pretty big leap; how did you get to 'responsible for' from 'among those'? It hardly amounts to a 'driving force' when you're 'among those' in only half the states, does it? And then a huge leap out of nowhere to 'were they something to do with KKK' is a bit of a non sequitur don't you think?

why were they not among those in the other 6 then
    Scottish rite KKK

A money making group.
    why were they not among those in the other 6 then
    To be clear, are you suggesting that because there were Jewish people in one place, and not in another, they somehow 'are responsible' for what happens where they are, despite being 'amongst' others?
    Scottish rite KKK
    I'm afraid you'll need a few more words for that to be coherent...

I'm afraid you'll need a few more words for that to be coherent...

http://bit.ly/1nLjO4f

nah they are just fine

A money making group.
    http://bit.ly/1nLjO4f

nah they are just fine

Nope, googling three words does not a coherent statement make I'm afraid. A lazy one, I'll grant you, but not a coherent one.

Really? And there's me thinking you made your mind up four years ago...

Really has it been 4 years (and no mention of me having a sit down with a masonic sponsor);)
    That was one of my first posts here. so you trawled through my posts and still neglected to address the one where I showed freemasons involvement in the PEF ( you know if you dig deeper you can find the lodge numbers and how much they donated )

Hollywood ,Freemasons,pedophiles ,satanists
    perhaps it might worth a deeper look to see how connected they really are ?
    I will post here if I find anything interesting

Good men better :rolleyes:

Good to know that you are agree with the junior warden being ostracised from the lodge because he wouldent kowtow to the others who were on the side of the convicted child abuser

here is another example

On the other side of the argument, there have been high-profile examples of Masonic officers fighting corruption. During the Operation Countryman inquiry in the 1980s, it was a Masonic detective chief superintendent, John Simmons, who secretly tape-recorded his brother mason, Detective Chief Inspector Phil Cuthbert, boasting of his villainy and of the involvement of other senior officers in taking bribes and setting up armed robberies. However, Simmons was later ostracised by his lodge, while Cuthbert continued to be welcomed, even after he had been convicted and jailed for three years.

It seems there is no place for good men only good freemasons in Freemasonary

• Advertisement

I think a middle ground can be found there.
    It's not that masons are all bad and keep only bad guys( I must presume).
    I think it's that they insist on keeping their secrets, whatever they are, and to betray a brother is to possibly betray an oath.
    So while one may have been corrupt, the other betrayed his brother/s and oath/s.
    Freemasons are made up of all sorts. What I think they have in common is the oaths they take to protect each other.
    Which is probably why people don't want them to be in positions of power anymore. They have a secret oath which may or may not conflict with other responsibilities to state and community.
    If it's not secret, I wouldn't mind seeing it. I don't remember if any lodge has published it's oaths.

A money making group.
    Really has it been 4 years (and no mention of me having a sit down with a masonic sponsor);)
    I'm afraid you're responding to a post on a different thread, which leaves you a little out of context here (though it's understandable that you would be too embarrassed to want to continue posting on the other thread).
    That was one of my first posts here. so you trawled through my posts and still neglected to address the one where I showed freemasons involvement in the PEF ( you know if you dig deeper you can find the lodge numbers and how much they donated )
    Please don't concern yourself on my behalf; it was hardly trawling I just looked for your first post about Freemasonry.
    Now, perhaps you'd like to explain your point about the PEF? As I recall, you were attempting to persuade us that Freemasonry is a sect/cult which is a forerunner of Zionism (in its' classical sense) and shares its' ideologies, and that Freemasons were responsible for 'covering up' the Ripper murders. But the best you could manage was a man who was a Freemason was pivotal to the development of proto Zionism, which obviously pre dated Zionism. And you never did tell us why you seem to be so disdainful of the PEF?
    Hollywood ,Freemasons,pedophiles ,satanists perhaps it might worth a deeper look to see how connected they really are ?
    I will post here if I find anything interesting
    Brilliant! If you put them all together it implies there is something that connects them, right? Because you don't know of anything, so implying there is something is a good way of making it look like there's something without having to prove anything. It's a cunning ruse, I'm sure no one will ever see through it.
    Good men better :rolleyes:Good to know that you are agree with the junior warden being ostracised from the lodge because he wouldent kowtow to the others who were on the side of the convicted child abuser
    Again, you're kind of out on a limb here because you're replying to a post on a different thread. This one, where you kind of overplayed your hand. You may recall it; I didn't actually say I agreed with the junior warden being ostracized from the lodge because he wouldn't kowtow to the others who were on the side of the convicted child abuser (it's wrong to tell porkie pies about what people said, but it's silly to tell them about what people wrote, because it stays written), I said I liked the comment "Obviously these men, the accused and his father, have no understanding of what Freemasonry is to be about. "
    here is another example On the other side of the argument, there have been high-profile examples of Masonic officers fighting corruption. During the Operation Countryman inquiry in the 1980s, it was a Masonic detective chief superintendent, John Simmons, who secretly tape-recorded his brother mason, Detective Chief Inspector Phil Cuthbert, boasting of his villainy and of the involvement of other senior officers in taking bribes and setting up armed robberies. However, Simmons was later ostracised by his lodge, while Cuthbert continued to be welcomed, even after he had been convicted and jailed for three years.
    So, why are you unhappy that there are Freemasons who oppose wrongdoing? You keep bringing it up, and it would seem to me that it's a good thing that they would oppose wrongdoing?
    It seems there is no place for good men only good freemasons in Freemasonary
    Is there are any chance you can back that up some way? Only, you've just given two examples of good men in Freemasonry, who would also be considered good Freemasons. You've also given examples of bad men in Freemasonry, who you'd imagine most people (and Freemasons) would say are bad Freemasons. You kind of seem to be arguing against yourself?

I
    'm afraid you're responding to a post on a different thread, which leaves you a little out of context here (though it's understandable that you would be too embarrassed to want to continue posting on the other thread).

On the contrary this thread is about freemasons how could a post pertaining to freemasons be out of context
    Please don't concern yourself on my behalf; it was hardly trawling I just looked for your first post about Freemasonry.
    Now, perhaps you'd like to explain your point about the PEF? As I recall, you were attempting to persuade us that Freemasonry is a sect/cult which is a forerunner of Zionism (in its' classical sense) and shares its' ideologies, and that Freemasons were responsible for 'covering up' the Ripper murders. But the best you could manage was a man who was a Freemason was pivotal to the development of proto Zionism, which obviously pre dated Zionism. And you never did tell us why you seem to be so disdainful of the PEF?

Oh its all there if you want to see it
    Brilliant! If you put them all together it implies there is something that connects them, right? Because you don't know of anything, so implying there is something is a good way of making it look like there's something without having to prove anything. It's a cunning ruse, I'm sure no one will ever see through it

how clever of me :cool:
    Again, you're kind of out on a limb here because you're replying to a post on a different thread. This one, where you kind of overplayed your hand. You may recall it; I didn't actually say I agreed with the junior warden being ostracized from the lodge because he wouldn't kowtow to the others who were on the side of the convicted child abuser (it's wrong to tell porkie pies about what people said, but it's silly to tell them about what people wrote, because it stays written), I said I liked the comment "Obviously these men, the accused and his father, have no understanding of what Freemasonry is to be about. "
    So, why are you unhappy that there are Freemasons who oppose wrongdoing? You keep bringing it up, and it would seem to me that it's a good thing that they would oppose wrongdoing?

No you didnt did you ;)

Is there are any chance you can back that up some way? Only, you've just given two examples of good men in Freemasonry, who would also be considered good Freemasons. You've also given examples of bad men in Freemasonry, who you'd imagine most people (and Freemasons) would say are bad Freemasons. You kind of seem to be arguing against yourself?

And both were shown the door
    and the bad guys got to stay

I think a middle ground can be found there.
    It's not that masons are all bad and keep only bad guys
    ( I must presume).
    I think it's that they insist on keeping their secrets, whatever they are, and to betray a brother is to possibly betray an oath.
    So while one may have been corrupt, the other betrayed his brother/s and oath/s.
    Freemasons are made up of all sorts. What I think they have in common is the oaths they take to protect each other.
    Which is probably why people don't want them to be in positions of power anymore. They have a secret oath which may or may not conflict with other responsibilities to state and community.
    If it's not secret, I wouldn't mind seeing it. I don't remember if any lodge has published it's oaths.

Surely the instance I gave where the good man was ostracised for being good the rest of the lodge went along with it knowingly that makes them complicit
    you can hardly call them good men ?

Surely the instance I gave where the good man was ostracised for being good the rest of the lodge went along with it knowingly that makes them complicit
    you can hardly call them good men ?

I guess what I mean is that there is I'm sure room for good men among masons, just not good men who put their virtue before the brotherhood.
    So the good and bad men seems to sit to the side for me(or on the same side) and the brotherhood circumventing both good and bad as a higher authority is the issue.
    In another situation a "bad" mason might break his oaths while doing something good or bad and possibly get expelled.
    I believe this happened in Scotland with a group abusing a young girl along a beach. The mason/s involved were supposedly expelled from the order or lodge etc.

So if both good and bad people are accepted, the common factor seems to be that they all are tied to this oath.
    Until I know exactly what the oath is, I couldn't say what they are giving up to that society. What seems apparent is that they are accepting all males who are willing to give up a part of themselves for a higher power.
    Be that their "soul", mind, body, free will, loyalty till death/expulsion etc

I think focussing on the fact they accept people who break the law and are up to no good is moot. It is well established they accept all types who have been caught doing all types of things, as have others outside of this society, like the other churches who also hide their black sheep.
    So just another church with it's hands dipped deeply into politics and business.

Anything else like illuminatti or child abuse, I couldn't say is a done thing all over. More like a subset of masons taking advantage of their positions, like priests have done in the past. Then getting expelled or moved on if they have dirt on someone or have some sort of use somewhere.
    At least thats the best case scenario I can figure off the topof my head.
    I won't bother with the worst, it would give Absolam ammo to try goad me into a long winded conversation on semantics that might just waste both our energy. :D
    I must be getting too old to be dancing around issues lol
    Or maybe more likely I found a new home with philosophy ;)
    Highly reccomended for all people questioning or interested in conspiracy theories or looking into these things and questioning ethics, morales and intentions etc.
    I have been learning tosit on the fence more and more, and I find that my questions and answers even more sothan before come without any judgement really, which I hope allows me to see clearer than I would have even a year ago.

Damn.. I wrote a crap load there, sorry haha

A money making group.
    On the contrary this thread is about freemasons how could a post pertaining to freemasons be out of context
    Because you're replying to a quote from a different thread? Replying to the quote on the thread it's from would be in context.
    Oh its all there if you want to see it
    Yes, I saw it then and I've seen it now, it hasn't changed, which is why I'm asking the question.
    how clever of me :cool:
    Yes, I imagine that's what you thought.
    No you didnt did you ;)
    No, I didn't. Since you knew that, and still posted that I did, it really does reflect poorly on the integrity of your other posts as well...
    And both were shown the door and the bad guys got to stay
    Eh, no. In neither story you've presented did the 'good men who are good Freemasons' get 'shown the door'.
    In your first story the 'good man who is a good Freemason' specifies that the bad Freemason was, in fact, shown the door.
    In your second story we only have the non Masonic authors' account (Nick Davies, who has been repeated on many conspiracy websites, despite presenting no evidence whatsoever) of what happened in the Masonic Lodge, for which he provides no evidence, only his opinion. I wonder why he didn't cite a source for his supposed knowledge of events he couldn't have witnessed?

A money making group.
    I guess what I mean is that there is I'm sure room for good men among masons, just not good men who put their virtue before the brotherhood.
    I'm not sure why you imagine there is no room for men who put their virtue before the brotherhood; there's no reason in Freemasonry not to put virtue first (as nebulous a concept as that may be). Given t he millions of Freemasons around the world who join expecting to be treated as good men desiring to become better men, it would seem that discovering they must put brotherhood before virtue would mean many millions leaving the fraternity immediately. Yet they don't?
    In another situation a "bad" mason might break his oaths while doing something good or bad and possibly get expelled.
    I can't really imagine a situation where a Mason might break his oaths whilst doing something good and get expelled? Maybe you can expand on that idea a bit?
    So if both good and bad people are accepted, the common factor seems to be that they all are tied to this oath.
    Surely the common factor is that they're people? Freemasons are not infallible, nor have they mystical powers, so inevitably it will turn out that some candidates who are believed to be 'good' will be in fact 'bad'. But the selection takes place before any oaths are taken, so the oath cannot be a common factor?
    Until I know exactly what the oath is, I couldn't say what they are giving up to that society.
    The oaths have been discussed previously on this thread (and others on Boards, this one was particularly good), and of course there are myriad variations available for perusal online. However, suffice to say in the modern Irish Constitution oaths nothing is 'given up' to the society. The oath does not even include a requirement to 'give up' membership dues.
    What seems apparent is that they are accepting all males who are willing to give up a part of themselves for a higher power.Be that their "soul", mind, body, free will, loyalty till death/expulsion etc
    Why does that seem apparent? I have certainly never given up anything of myself for any higher power; neither soul, mind, body, free will, or loyalty til death/expulsion. Or anything else.
    I think focussing on the fact they accept people who break the law and are up to no good is moot. It is well established they accept all types who have been caught doing all types of things, as have others outside of this society, like the other churches who also hide their black sheep.
    Sorry, but I don't think that it's well accepted at all. Freemasonry quite clearly states what it looks for in candidates, and whilst we may sometimes fail to divine the true nature of a candidate, we deliberately try to avoid accepting the sort of 'types who have been caught doing all types of things'
    So just another church with it's hands dipped deeply into politics and business.
    But not a church.
    And discussion of politics is not allowed.
    And use of the order for business is not allowed.
    So, not at all, really?

Eh, no. In neither story you've presented did the 'good men who are good Freemasons' get 'shown the door'.
    In your first story the 'good man who is a good Freemason' specifies that the bad Freemason was, in fact, shown the door.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ostracised
    Verb 1. ostracize - expel from a community or groupostracize - expel from a community or group
    banish, blackball, cast out, ostracise, shun, ban
    expel, kick out, throw out - force to leave or move out; "He was expelled from his native country"

My postings to The Burning Taper have been scant lately. I've had business and personal issues to deal with, and frankly, lately my interest in Freemasonry has waned a bit.

It's now been over a year since I was ostracized by my “brothers” in my local blue lodge. Only a couple have I kept in touch with, and they were friends before I was a Mason.

As I was thinking of writing this article — about how I feel today about Freemasonry — I read an email backchannel that was sent by a Mason out West to a blue lodge secretary and to the Grand Master of Texas, informing them that one of their members had recently been arrested in a sting operation involving solicitation of sex from a minor.

That brought back memories of my experiences in my own blue lodge in 2005, when a member pleaded guilty to sexual exploitation of a minor in my hometown.

As then-webmaster of our lodge's website, I posted the news online (pursuant to Georgia Masonic Code, which states that information of that sort should be publicized to show the community that the lodge doesn't tolerate such behavior), and met with a torrent of criticism from my lodge brothers saying, “You can't put that online!” They didn't want the lodge, or the child exploiter's father, a Past Master, “embarrassed.”

As Junior Warden, it fell to me to “be in charge” when the lodge finally voted — remorsefully, as if it was the lodge's fault — to bring charges of unmasonic conduct against the brother who was by then a registered sex offender.

As JW, I signed the paperwork that led to the Masonic trial. The offender, and his Past Master Big-Shot-in-Town father took offense at me personally for having written up the charges, though I had never even met either one of them. Neither had attended a lodge meeting in years.

The full story can be found in parts 1-4 of “Small Town Freemasonry.”

Eventually, in a great imitation of Don Corleone, the father succeeded in having bogus charges of unmasonic conduct threatened against me. He even attended the meeting where another Past Master (who is in line to be Georgia's Grand Master in a few years) stood and accused me of unmasonic conduct for posting the information online. No official charges were ever filed, just threatened, to keep me “in line” until my term as Junior Warden officially ended in December, 2005.

Though of course advancement to the next chair is not guaranteed, here in the South, it's virtually assured. I've seen some most unqualified men advance to the East just because “it was his turn.”

Naturally, before all this happened, it was assumed I would become Worshipful Master when “my turn” came.

But at the election last December, I was unceremoniously dumped from the line by a vote of 27-4. The Godfather and the Heir to the Grand Master's Chair had called in their markers... brothers I'd never seen showed up to vote against me. (I'd missed only two meetings in three-plus years; I knew all the “regulars.”) I was also “deposed” as Director of Masonic Education, a position I'd held with pride for a couple of years. I was replaced by a “team” that could be controlled — a pig farmer who thinks of himself as a minister of God, and a new brother I had helped raise about two months before. I can only imagine the education those two have provided this past year since I've been gone.

It was a given that the Powers That Be didn't want me to come back to lodge meetings after that, and so I haven't.

Tuesday, December 11, is another election, the one I'd looked forward to for years, the one where I would most likely have received the honor of serving as Worshipful Master for 2007.

Ain't gonna happen.

I assume the Powers That Be (unaffectionately remembered as Jubela, Jubelo and Jubelum, plus Big Daddy and his pal Bro. Heir to the Grand Master's Throne) are still running things at the lodge, making sure they have their yes men in the Chairs and on their committees.

Same as it ever was.

“Making Good Men Better,” my ass. More like “Making Good Men Stop Attending.”

Image: The state of Masonry in the southern United States today — empty and devoid of any real meaning

http://burningtaper.blogspot.ie/2006/11/why-ill-never-be-worshipful-master.html

some replies from other masons

Big City FellaFriday, December 01, 2006 4:46:00 PM

I must say that you are right. I am a Mason of the Grand Lodge of New York.

In the institution I have found everything from the trite to the disgusting. Individual Blue Lodge officers and others that steal money, Grand Lodge cronies and insiders that skim millions from real estate deals, and dues, a fetid hostility to youth and diversity, a sort of reverse classism (most Lodge folks tend to come from "lower working class" backgrounds), misuse of charitable entities (and Brotherhood fund monies that support them)...

For all of these egregious sins, it is the petty sins, such as pushing young men away, effective segregation, filling up Camp Turk slots with GL leaders' grandchildren and children, giving money and "jobs" in the Lodge and charitable endeavors to children and cronies, the general abscence of healthy, across the board tangible efforts at mutual support, etc.

I am not disgruntled with Masonry, and I am not an ex-Mason. I am disgruntled with the awful sort of people who have taken over some part of our institution.

Tubulcain420Thursday, November 30, 2006 4:25:00 PM

Yes, Brother, sad indeed!
    I myself,with about 4 or 5 other brethren havrun into the same mentality in our neck of the woods.
    It really is disheartening......
    And the statement I can't stand is" oh, just wait , and a cuple of masonic funerals will go by and these people will be gone", well, that is un masonic and BS. Why, because only anointed lemmings fill in when that happens and status quo ensues.
    bleak future

ENKIMASONSaturday, February 02, 2008 2:15:00 AM

THIS IS B.S. ANTIMASONS ALREADY SAY WE RITUALLY MOLEST CHILDREN. WE DON'T NEED THIS! I FEEL THAT MOLESTING MASONS SHOULD BE KILLED BY THE BRETHREN. ONE DAY, THEY JUST DISAPPEAR. THERE ARE THINGS A MASON JUST DOES NOT DO. OF COURSE WE KNOW WHAT WOUNDS WILL BE FOUND ON THE BODY, DON'T WE? MORE THAN THE TONGUE SHALL BE REMOVED! MASONRY OCCURRS IN THE "GRAY AREA" OF LIFE, WHERE SOMETIMES A COP MIGHT LET US SLIDE FOR FRATERNAL REASONS. HOWEVER THE BALANCE SHOULD BE A HIGHER PENALTY THAN THE PROFANE RECIEVE FOR SUCH DISGUSTING OFFENSES THAT WILL FUEL ANTIMASONRY FOR DECADES! A DEMON REALLY HAS ENETERED THE LODGE,THE DEMON OF IGNORANCE!

In your second story we only have the non Masonic authors' account (Nick Davies, who has been repeated on many conspiracy websites, despite presenting no evidence whatsoever) of what happened in the Masonic Lodge, for which he provides no evidence, only his opinion. I wonder why he didn't cite a source for his supposed knowledge of events he couldn't have witnessed?

Do you have evidence to the contrary
    Because if you dont

You see the conundrum here. We have an award winning and respected investagitve journalist (as far as I can tell)
    who wont reveal his sources which I think attests to his integrity
    And we have You

A money making group.
    And you can see how that has a different meaning from 'shown the door'?
    Do you have evidence to the contrary
    Because if you dont
    I refer you to Russell's Teapot.
    You see the conundrum here. We have an award winning and respected investagitve journalist (as far as I can tell) who wont reveal his sources which I think attests to his integrity And we have You
    Not really, I can't see a conundrum. You have an unsubstantiated story which refers to events that could only be witnessed by someone who was not the author, yet the author doesn't even claim to have a source; he just presents his statement as a fact. He may have more integrity than every other journalist in the world rolled up into one; but he has not presented anything to show his story is true (nor has he even implied he has any). And you have me, who will happily acknowledge any factual evidence presented. Then we have you. So here's a little test; another story.
    John Simmons and Phil Cuthbert (who was never convicted of any crime) both went back to their Lodge, made up and became fast friends, everyone had tea and crumpets and lived happily ever after.
    Both of these stories are entirely unsupported by evidence. The fact that you are prepared to believe one rather than the other says more about you than the stories I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

And you can see how that has a different meaning from 'shown the door'?

Your not embarrassed to post that

Advertisement