Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

***League of Ireland Bets***

St. Patricks –v- Dundalk – 7.30pm (Live on RTE2)

Top of the table clash! Both teams lie on the same amount of points with only goal difference separating them.

Dundalk have sold 1,300 tickets, with more expected to turn up at the home gate! For the League of Ireland that is a huge away support.

On the injury front for St. Pats; Stephen Maher (8, 1) is injured, Greg Bolger (26, 0) is suspended and Killian Brennan (23, 8)/Shane McFaul (13, 1) are both doubtfuls. That’s possibly 4 out of Pats 8 first team midfielders. Dundalk not missing anyone of real notice.

Both of these teams are nine games unbeaten in the league. Dundalk have won 8 and drawn 1, while St Pats have won 5 and drawn 4.

Dundalk and St Pats have met twice already this season with Dundalk winning 2-1 on both occasions.

Keep an eye inplay before placing bets in my opinion, Dundalk DNB could be LARGE if rball suggests. Also to note Tomas Connolly loves giving out cards and penalties!

Dundalk DNB @ 7/4 (Coral)
    Dundalk Win @ 14/5 (365 and BetVictor)
    Pat Hoban Anytime (Dundalk) @ 2/1 (PP)

Derry City –v- Bray 7.45pm – Derry have been very poor lately, but likewise with Bray. Derry 8/11 could be a decent bet. The last time Derry lost to Bray in the League was in 2008.

UCD –v- Sligo Rovers 7.45pm – Sligo know a win could bring them up to within 2 points off 2nd or 3 points off 1st depending how Pats/Dundalk finishes. They’ll want to make this match show they still mean business and will go out to destroy UCD.

Shelbourne –v- Bohs 8pm – Can’t tip in this at all, head and heart are too much into this one.

Not much value in the 1st Division, Waterford and Athlone should win but at no great prices.

Quick write up as I'm in work.

Really fancy St. Pats tonight, a win tonight could leave them 6 points clear (granted Dundalk play tomorrow).

Researched this last night but can't remember the key points, one that I do remember is this season H2H, Pats have won all 3 games to nil, and covered the -1 euro handicap twice. I hate win to nil bets normally btw.

Pats away form hasn't been great, but Bray are struggling badly lately. They can cause a threat up front with Akinade and Jason Byrne but they've been kept at bay lately.

Pats to win nil @ 11/10 (PP)
    Pats -1 euro @ 10/11 (PP)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,499 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

1-3.....good call on the -1....95th min goals are sometimes the best:)

Pity Akinade done me over on the win nil!

Mostly not much team news as of yet.

Bohemians -v- Derry City - 7.45pm
    Bohs off the back of a 3-0 win against Shels will want to further themselves from relegation but they face one of the Leagues most inform away sides this season.

Derry have won 9 and drawn 1 out of 13 away League games this season and is the main reason for them being in 4th place.

Bohs have just won 4 games and drawn 2 out of 13 home League games this season.
    Bohs haven't beaten Derry in the League since 2009, losing the last 6 H2H's.

Derry @ 11/10 (PP) is good value, better value is with the new market available in the way of Derry to win and Both teams to score @ 16/5 (PP).

Cork City -v- UCD - 7.45pm
    Not much stands out with these, Over 3.5 goals @ 6/4ish could be worth an eye in play. Both these sides love scoring and conceding.

Dundalk -v- Limerick - 7.45pm
    A must win for Dundalk if they're to keep up the title chase, 6 wins in a row at home in the League against a Limerick side who've lost their 5 out of their last 6 away games.

Dundalk are 6 points behind Pats, but have this game in hand. Pats are better off by 14 goal margin, so Dundalk will be looking to bag a few.

Dundalk -1 asian @ evens

Sligo Rovers -v- Shelbourne - 7.45pm
    Sligo need a win to keep up the pace up at the top of the table, while Shels sit bottom. Added to Shels injury least is captain and backbone to the team Glen Cronin, while attacking midfield Hanlon is doubtful.

Nothing but a Sligo dominance in this match, odds are dire.

Shamrock Rovers -v- Drogheda Utd - 8pm
    A "replay" of last Saturdays League Cup Final in which Shamrock Rovers won 2-0 takes place. Rumours of unrest in the Drogs camp and well Rovers should do the job against them again.

Shamrock Rovers with 7 wins, 5 draws and 1 loss at home this year in the League.
    Drogheda with 3 wins, 7 draws and 4 losses away this year in the League.

Eyes in play will be on Rovers win @ 8/11 and -1 asian @ 5/4

Not much at all I like in the First Divison tomorrow, things getting way to nervy there. Eyes will be on inplay though.

Muggy Treble:
    Shamrock Rovers win & BTTS
    Cork City win & BTTS
    Derry win & BTTS
    45/1 (PP)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

Mostly not much team news as of yet.

Bohemians -v- Derry City - 7.45pm
    Bohs off the back of a 3-0 win against Shels will want to further themselves from relegation but they face one of the Leagues most inform away sides this season.

Derry have won 9 and drawn 1 out of 13 away League games this season and is the main reason for them being in 4th place.

Bohs have just won 4 games and drawn 2 out of 13 home League games this season.
    Bohs haven't beaten Derry in the League since 2009, losing the last 6 H2H's.

Derry @ 11/10 (PP) is good value, better value is with the new market available in the way of Derry to win and Both teams to score @ 16/5 (PP).

Cork City -v- UCD - 7.45pm
    Not much stands out with these, Over 3.5 goals @ 6/4ish could be worth an eye in play. Both these sides love scoring and conceding.

Dundalk -v- Limerick - 7.45pm
    A must win for Dundalk if they're to keep up the title chase, 6 wins in a row at home in the League against a Limerick side who've lost their 5 out of their last 6 away games.

Dundalk are 6 points behind Pats, but have this game in hand. Pats are better off by 14 goal margin, so Dundalk will be looking to bag a few.

Dundalk -1 asian @ evens

Sligo Rovers -v- Shelbourne - 7.45pm
    Sligo need a win to keep up the pace up at the top of the table, while Shels sit bottom. Added to Shels injury least is captain and backbone to the team Glen Cronin, while attacking midfield Hanlon is doubtful.

Nothing but a Sligo dominance in this match, odds are dire.

Shamrock Rovers -v- Drogheda Utd - 8pm
    A "replay" of last Saturdays League Cup Final in which Shamrock Rovers won 2-0 takes place. Rumours of unrest in the Drogs camp and well Rovers should do the job against them again.

Shamrock Rovers with 7 wins, 5 draws and 1 loss at home this year in the League.
    Drogheda with 3 wins, 7 draws and 4 losses away this year in the League.

Eyes in play will be on Rovers win @ 8/11 and -1 asian @ 5/4

Not much at all I like in the First Divison tomorrow, things getting way to nervy there. Eyes will be on inplay though.

Muggy Treble:
    Shamrock Rovers win & BTTS
    Cork City win & BTTS
    Derry win & BTTS
    45/1 (PP)

Honestly you could go Dundalk -2 tonight , in 3 games v's Limerick this season we have hit the net 8 times ,
    plus we need to boast our goal difference bigtime

baddebt wrote: »
    Honestly you could go Dundalk -2 tonight , in 3 games v's Limerick this season we have hit the net 8 times ,

Dundalk got found out against Pats, while Limerick are just off the back of a confident 2-0 win against Rovers. Dundalk will win, so -1 asian will be a refund minimum.

Pat hoban missed tonights match for dundalk (groin injury)
    my dundalk at -2 looking quite pathetic now
    "mon the town"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Took Sligo to score 3 or more goals at 6/5 tonight in Powers

Did same with Dundalk - 1 and Cork v UCD BTTS treble

Added Longford to above for a 2 euro four fold also just can't remember the odds.

Good luck with any bets going all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Took Sligo to score 3 or more goals at 6/5 tonight in Powers

Did same with Dundalk - 1 and Cork v UCD BTTS treble

Added Longford to above for a 2 euro four fold also just can't remember the odds.

Good luck with any bets going all.

Stung tonight. One goal short for my main bet. Hope others had better luck.

• Advertisement

Dire night for the most part.

Short and sweet as I'm wrecked.

Dundalk -v- Derry City - 7.45pm
    Avoiding game, Dundalk are bottling it and Derry are hit and miss. Could be a game for goals, keep an eye in play. Over 2.5 goals looks nicely priced.

Limerick -v- Bohemians - 7.45pm
    Both teams hitting a bit of form, Bohs two wins have been against a very poor Shels side and what I'm told was a shocking performance from Derry. While Limericks two wins were against in form Shamrock Rovers and Dundalk.

Limerick @ 11/10 (BetVictor)

Sligo -v- Cork - 7.45pm
    Cork are dire away from home, 15 away League games with just 16 points.
    Sligo are decent at home, with 14 home League games 9 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss.

Sligo know a win will push them closer to keeping second place and closer to possibly making a late run for the title. This game will have goals imo.

Sligo -1 asian @ evens

Shamrock Rovers -v- Bray - 8pm
    This should be a rape job, Rovers on good form and have the chance to go to 4th tomorrow if they can win by 3+ goals.

Having watched Bray play St.Pats on Thursday it's clear to see why they're 2nd last, Pats totally dominated them till the last 15/20 mins. Pats had so many chances they didn't take, chances Rovers will.

Rovers -1 normal @ 20/21 (Boyles)

Shelbourne -v- Drogheda - 8pm
    A must win for Shelbourne, while Drogheda are supposedly in some turmoil. Drogheda supposedly haven't been able to pay wages and since their manager said he won't be staying on for next season they've lost all 3 matches.

Granted Shelbourne have been dire this season, and in particular the last couple of games. Shels are hopefully welcoming back Hanlon, Kelly and Bayly, all starting 11 players who were greatly missed in the past 2 matches (Hanlon played one of them). While Drogheda have 4 players suspended, all first team 11 players, two defenders and two midfielders.

Shelbourne @ 5/2 (Ladbrokes) has to be worth a few quid, I personally won't be touching it as money making/losing is far from what I want from this game!!!!

David Cassidy, Alan Byrne, Derek Prendergast and Shane Grimes are the suspended players btw.

Avoiding game, Dundalk are bottling it and Derry are hit and miss. Could be a game for goals, keep an eye in play. Over 2.5 goals looks nicely priced.

!
    bottling it me arse , players simply too tied , most of the team barely made it off the pitch V's Limerick on friday night.............the disadvantage of having a very small squad

beat Derry city tonight and we are all but Gauranteed European football next season (good incentive for one last push...........then we can concentrate on the cup)
    Home win tonight by 2 goals

Home win tonight by 2 goals

Rule 1 of betting, bet with your head not your heart. Remember Friday you said the below?

Rule 1 of betting, bet with your head not your heart. Remember Friday you said the below?

yep I love a few quid on that one ,
    just think with the added incentive tonight , of gauranteeing europe , meaning some players would get a rest in the remaining , heart says 2-0 , head says 3-0.

buy the way , rwally hope shel's sock it to the drogs tonight

Limerick -v- Bohemians - 7.45pm
    Both teams hitting a bit of form, Bohs two wins have been against a very poor Shels side and what I'm told was a shocking performance from Derry. While Limericks two wins were against in form Shamrock Rovers and Dundalk.

Limerick @ 11/10 (BetVictor)

Sligo -v- Cork - 7.45pm
    Cork are dire away from home, 15 away League games with just 16 points.
    Sligo are decent at home, with 14 home League games 9 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss.

Sligo know a win will push them closer to keeping second place and closer to possibly making a late run for the title. This game will have goals imo.

Sligo -1 asian @ evens

Shamrock Rovers -v- Bray - 8pm
    This should be a rape job, Rovers on good form and have the chance to go to 4th tomorrow if they can win by 3+ goals.

Having watched Bray play St.Pats on Thursday it's clear to see why they're 2nd last, Pats totally dominated them till the last 15/20 mins. Pats had so many chances they didn't take, chances Rovers will.

Rovers -1 normal @ 20/21 (Boyles)

Shelbourne -v- Drogheda - 8pm
    A must win for Shelbourne, while Drogheda are supposedly in some turmoil. Drogheda supposedly haven't been able to pay wages and since their manager said he won't be staying on for next season they've lost all 3 matches.

Granted Shelbourne have been dire this season, and in particular the last couple of games. Shels are hopefully welcoming back Hanlon, Kelly and Bayly, all starting 11 players who were greatly missed in the past 2 matches (Hanlon played one of them). While Drogheda have 4 players suspended, all first team 11 players, two defenders and two midfielders.

Shelbourne @ 5/2 (Ladbrokes) has to be worth a few quid, I personally won't be touching it as money making/losing is far from what I want from this game!!!!

Some great winners there, pity Shels fecked away a 2 goal lead! :mad: Didn't look like a peno for Drogs and there was a blatant handball before their 2nd goal.

yep I love a few quid on that one ,
    just think with the added incentive tonight , of gauranteeing europe , meaning some players would get a rest in the remaining , heart says 2-0 , head says 3-0.

buy the way , rwally hope shel's sock it to the drogs tonight

You proven me wrong, fairplay for keeping the push going and enjoy Europe.

We destroyed Drogheda in the 1st half but couldn't make it count! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Some great winners there, pity Shels fecked away a 2 goal lead! :mad: Didn't look like a peno for Drogs and there was a blatant handball before their 2nd goal.

You proven me wrong, fairplay for keeping the push going and enjoy Europe.

We destroyed Drogheda in the 1st half but couldn't make it count! :mad:

Did Drogheda look like a team that had packed it in to you?

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Did Drogheda look like a team that had packed it in to you?

Hard to tell, we dominated at the start, gradually let them back in. We started hoofing it, then they got their dodgy peno and then we went into freefall!

With only a handful of games left to play teams are looking to make their marks!

Derry City -v- Shelbourne - 7.45pm
    Derry have just 3 points out of their last 6 matches. While Shelbourne go into this needing to get at least a point, but only picking up 1 point in their last 6.

I'm avoiding this game, this match has my heart talking over my head! Again, like last Monday, I won't be touching this match personally.

St. Pats -v- UCD - 7.45pm
    A win for Pats will move them 6 points clear at the top with just 3 games to play, a position they'll love to be in come 9.30pm!

In the 3 H2H's in all competitions this season, Pats have won all 3, scoring 10 goals and conceding 0.

Simple and straight forward bet.

St. Pats -1 normal @ evens (General)

Mervue Utd -v- Cobh Ramblers - 7.45pm
    Mervue are just one point off the play off place, granted it's rumoured that the club will be pulling out of the League of Ireland but the determination will still be there from the players to possibly make a name for themselves.

Cobh are dire away from home, with not one win away from home. Mervues home form is decent.

Mervue -1 asian @ 7/10 (Bet365)

Waterford -v- Salthill - 7.45pm
    3rd place play last place. Waterford lie level on points with Longford for the play off place. The main thing here is, Waterford are 7 goals behind Longford. But the different is Longford have to play Athlone last game of the season, while Waterford play Cobh. Regardless though, Waterford will want to close the goal difference gap.

Waterford -2 asian @ evens (Bet365)

Finn Harps -v- Athlone - 8pm
    Athlone on serious form but may be zoned out after winning the League last weekend. Would avoid this match unless inplay stats are good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭salmon1

With only a handful of games left to play teams are looking to make their marks!

Derry City -v- Shelbourne - 7.45pm
    Derry have just 3 points out of their last 6 matches. While Shelbourne go into this needing to get at least a point, but only picking up 1 point in their last 6.

I'm avoiding this game, this match has my heart talking over my head! Again, like last Monday, I won't be touching this match personally.

St. Pats -v- UCD - 7.45pm
    A win for Pats will move them 6 points clear at the top with just 3 games to play, a position they'll love to be in come 9.30pm!

In the 3 H2H's in all competitions this season, Pats have won all 3, scoring 10 goals and conceding 0.

Simple and straight forward bet.

St. Pats -1 normal @ evens (General)

Mervue Utd -v- Cobh Ramblers - 7.45pm
    Mervue are just one point off the play off place, granted it's rumoured that the club will be pulling out of the League of Ireland but the determination will still be there from the players to possibly make a name for themselves.

Cobh are dire away from home, with not one win away from home. Mervues home form is decent.

Mervue -1 asian @ 7/10 (Bet365)

Waterford -v- Salthill - 7.45pm
    3rd place play last place. Waterford lie level on points with Longford for the play off place. The main thing here is, Waterford are 7 goals behind Longford. But the different is Longford have to play Athlone last game of the season, while Waterford play Cobh. Regardless though, Waterford will want to close the goal difference gap.

Waterford -2 asian @ evens (Bet365)

Finn Harps -v- Athlone - 8pm
    Athlone on serious form but may be zoned out after winning the League last weekend. Would avoid this match unless inplay stats are good.

Great call

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

Unreal Gav cheers mate!

Easy....

this weekend
    Drogs
    Bohs (yes against my dundalk fc , must win for bohs , nothing game for a very very tired dfc )
    Pat's
    17/1 accum
    the bet is on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Bohs (yes against my dundalk fc , must win for bohs , nothing game for a very very tired dfc )

We can no longer finish bottom, Bray dropping points at any stage guarantees us safety from the play off, should be job done from here. Could still be a bet but a 0-0 draw with neither team being too bothered just as likely.

i know , but a win will most definitely put bray to bed

The 1st Division comes to a close tonight before the play off, with 3 teams in with a shout to make the playoff. While in the Premier there are still places to be decided in the last few games.

Derry City –v- Shamrock Rovers – 5pm
    A bad home side against a bad away side. Both teams are fighting it out for 4th place as it could prove to be a European spot (if Sligo win the FAI Cup Final).
    Derry have just 6 points from their last 5 games, while Rovers have 12 from their last 5.
    Derry are missing a few first team players due to injury, suspension and international call ups. Rovers only missing one player of relevance.
    This is a really dodgy match betting wise in my opinion. But I think Over 2.5 goals at EVENS looks the bet.

Drogheda Utd –v- UCD – 7pm
    A win for UCD will all but secure them a place in next seasons Premier Division, while Drogs have little or nothing to play for apart from pride. Hard match to call, but I’ll be keeping an eye in play, Drogheda will be looking to win there next 3 matches and get a bit of form together before they play in the FAI Cup Final at the start of November.

Bohemians –v- Dundalk – 7.45pm
    Sligo just 1 point behind Dundalk and putting pressure on, Dundalk will want to win here and pick up a few goals incase 2nd place goes to the wire come the 25th October. (they’re 11 goals off on Sligo).
    Dundalk have played 14 times away – winning 10, drawing 1 and losing just 2.
    Bohs have just won 4 times at home this season, drawing once and losing 9.
    Eyes will be on Dundalk win at 10/11.

Athlone –v- Longford – 7.45pm
    Athlone will want to finish their season on a high, no better than beat your local rivals and lifting the trophy all in one day. This is a must win for Longford to get a play off spot though.
    Longford have been hit with a big injury list, last week Longford Town coach, Chris Deans had to stand in at centre-half against Wexford Youths and looks likely to have to do the same tonight.
    Athlone have just lost once at home all year, while Longford have just won 4 times on the road.
    Hard match to call, but eyes will be on Athlone win at 2/1.

Cobh Ramblers –v- Waterford – 7.45pm
    Cobh with nothing to play for, Waterford need a win for the play off. By First Division standards there’s a huge crowd from Waterford going over to Cobh. Running out of time for a full write up but my eyes have been on Waterford -1 euro all week.
    Waterford -1 at EVENS is the bet of the day!

Wexford –v- Mervue Utd – 7.45pm
    Wexford had thought their time in the League of Ireland was up, when their stadium went into administration last week (owner Mick Wallace), until Irish international invested money to secure it’s safety. On the other hand, Mervue Utd won’t be playing in the League of Ireland next season, with a “Galway FC” replacing them and Salthill.
    Weird match, no idea if Mervue will bother pushing to get a play off place, but the players may do in order to get them noticed so they have a club to play for next season. This is an inplay match. Wexford at 3/1 looks possibly overpriced.

Salthill –v- Finn Harps – 7.45pm
    Meaningless game, avoiding it.

Well that was a disaster, bets will be minimal from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

On the over 2.5 goals on the Bray vs limerick game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Bray v Limerick
    Limerick 29/20
    Limerick & over 2.5 goals 5/2
    Limerick goals over 1.5 6/5
    Bray no wins in 14 league matches, Limerick have put at least 3 goals past them in the last 4 meetings.

Advertisement