Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Well look what the cat dragged in..

L81YKVQ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Zyzz wrote: »

Christ on a bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

1335298036781_3013300.png

There's also basically no chance of anyone else ever getting a KOM now between Enniskerry and Laragh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Ah here, some of us want to ride them roads. They'll be all wore out Ryan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Can anyone reccomend a good Cablecutter at a decent price?

Someone recommended the Pedros one but e35 is a bit painful for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Can anyone reccomend a good Cablecutter at a decent price?

Someone recommended the Pedros one but e35 is a bit painful for me...

Any of the knipex snips work as cable cutters.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

DHL says my frame's been in their sorting depot in the UK for nearly 24 hours now. WHY HASN'T IT MOVED?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

stetyrrell wrote: »
    DHL says my frame's been in their sorting depot in the UK for nearly 24 hours now. WHY HASN'T IT MOVED?!?

No wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

They do it to fuck with you... My group set was aaaaages in the UK before getting here -wheels from China came quicker! ;)

• Advertisement

No wheels?

Just going to use the wheel set off my old frame for now until I can afford an upgrade next month.

I wouldn't mind if it was coming from China or the states, but it's only moved from Liverpool to East Midlands airport and got stuck.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

From Mark Cavendish's Facebook
    Well i think the apple juice looks far from appetising for me tonight... And I'm not taking the piss. Did that once already today. ‪#‎standup‬

Cav is absolutely the boss.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

From Mark Cavendish's Facebook

Cav is absolutely the boss.

Pretty disgusting thing to do, he's only a sportsman at the end of the day. It wasn't a spur of the moment thing either, this scumbag had loads of time to think about how much of a scumbag thing it is to throw pee over someone.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

So you don't believe in cycling anymore, I present to you something you really can believe in: Nigerian soccer.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

So you don't believe in cycling anymore, I present to you something you really can believe in: Nigerian soccer.

If that's a genuine attempt at match fixing, and not just some form of protest, it's been orchestrated by possibly the most idiotic people alive. Couldn't have just gone for a nice 2-1 loss, but instead had to conceed a goal every minute and a half.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Couldn't have just gone for a nice 2-1 loss, but instead had to concede a goal every minute and a half.
    Someone on a phone at both matches telling them how many goals they needed, when one scored, the other scored. Catch 22, if they didn't fix their match or make it obvious, they wouldn't be able to show that the other team was match fixing.

I think this is relevant here:
    online_package_tracking.png

Although I've had times when I'm tracking something and the site has been teling me all day that it's 1,000km away and then comes a knock on the door from the postman with my package...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Question for the masses. Like most I get a bit annoyed at people breaking red lights but have you ever rolled up beside a rider today and said it to him?

This morning I did. Coming through harrolds x and onto the canal a guy well into his 40's cruised through 4 or 5 red lights. I rolled up along side him and said "you know red lights apply to bikes as well" the respone "will you ever go and f**k off and don't be tellin me how to ride a bike"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Question for the masses. Like most I get a bit annoyed at people breaking red lights but have you ever rolled up beside a rider today and said it to him?

This morning I did. Coming through harrolds x and onto the canal a guy well into his 40's cruised through 4 or 5 red lights. I rolled up along side him and said "you know red lights apply to bikes as well" the respone "will you ever go and f**k off and don't be tellin me how to ride a bike"

Your reply should've been.....

"I feckin' brilliant at ridin' bikes - ask yer Ma" :D

Ass for myself I was stopped by the local gendarmerie in Santry yesterday for not using the cycling lane on the path just north of Northwood.

I pointed out that it was no longer compulsory and the Guard asked me since when.

"Since last October" says I.

"Well are you not worried about your safety"

"No"

"Well we'll remind you of that when we're scraping you off the road"

Most disappointing part was that they were Traffic Corps - I thought they would have been a bit more savvy.

It must be a northside Garda thing. We're always hearing about them stopping cyclists for various non-infractions, complaining about bike races, etc. I've never once had the Gardai stop me on the southside. Once I had an oncoming patrol car flash me cos my lights were too bright and then had a little chuckle to themselves when they realised I wasn't a motorbike.

Jawgap - that's pretty much the exact reason why I don't waste my time trying to correct the behaviour of other cyclists. A mouthful of abuse is about the most pleasant reaction I would expect. It's a waste of breath.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

seamus wrote: »
    Jawgap - that's pretty much the exact reason why I don't waste my time trying to correct the behaviour of other cyclists. A mouthful of abuse is about the most pleasant reaction I would expect. It's a waste of breath.

It is but sometimes you can't help it. Three people went through a red at Donnybrook Bus station last night (heading towards Donnybrook), pootling along quite slowly. I couldn't resist, I just chirped up, "Be careful there, the light is red" (At this stage I was holding up traffic as I couldn't move out tilll the passe which is fair enough). The guy in the middle shouted back that it wasn't red when they started crossing. To which I replied, "I know, it was yellow, like it was for the few secs before you crossed".

I didn't actually care that much, what I cared about was the cars behind me have a fairly short light sequence and if they weren't paying attention, they might speed up and clip one of them. Not the cyclists fault (Green means proceed if it is safe to do so, not gun it) admittedly but having "It wasn't technically my fault" printed on their headstone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I often see people selling used cycling shorts and others asking to borrow gear like shorts and skinsuits for events. I'm amazed that someone would happily wear shorts that someone else's sweaty bollocks and crack has been all over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

el tel there is a magic device called washing machine :p

seamus wrote: »
    It must be a northside Garda thing. We're always hearing about them stopping cyclists for various non-infractions, complaining about bike races, etc. I've never once had the Gardai stop me on the southside. Once I had an oncoming patrol car flash me cos my lights were too bright and then had a little chuckle to themselves when they realised I wasn't a motorbike.

I think it's a Santry Traffic Corps thing - I've been stopped by them and given a leaflet on proper lighting up and hi-viz (along with an RSA vest thingy) - despite having two very bright lights on the front, a hi-viz gilet and reflective band on the helmet.

Yesterday, I had a little laugh to myself when I caught them up at the lights at Sportslink and an artic comes trundling out of the industrial estate and turns right - the driver with the mobile phone squashed between his chin and his shoulder, and not s stir from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Jawgap wrote: »
    I pointed out that it was no longer compulsory and the Guard asked me since when.

In any other business when rules, regulations or whatever that affect your daily work get changed you'll get a mail about it, a document stuck onto your desk or at the very least something stuck on a notice board, you might even be expected to make yourself aware of it.

How do gardai get informed (or not) of basic law changes ?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    In any other business when rules, regulations or whatever that affect your daily work get changed you'll get a mail about it, a document stuck onto your desk or at the very least something stuck on a notice board, or at least it would be expected that you'd make yourself aware of it.

How do gardai get informed (or not) of basic law changes ?

I've family in the Guards and they've told me there's all kinds bulletins and courses - but I suppose you're relying on people to read stuff that's circulated and pay attention during briefings.

I took it from his opening line (and tone) and his subsequent change of tack that he didn't know the law had changed, rather than him giving me advice about where was safer or trying to 'bluff' me into not cycling on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

AstraMonti wrote: »
    el tel there is a magic device called washing machine :p

I don't care how they might be cleaned, some skid marks and stains are indelible. Even when they are only in the mind :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

el tel wrote: »
    I often see people selling used cycling shorts and others asking to borrow gear like shorts and skinsuits for events. I'm amazed that someone would happily wear shorts that someone else's sweaty bollocks and crack has been all over :(

As long as they are not Greg LeMonds ones from the 86 tour I'm happy enough :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Red Light jumpers are incredibly childlike and smug.

On more than one occasion I've had a telling off or smart remark from someone old enough to know better for stopping at a light and 'blocking' their path.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Yes. Crossing the Canal coming up towards Hollis Street a year or so ago. Chap in his mid 30's, on his way to work, jumped past a few of us waiting at the lights, lashed through the red, missing a women and her small child at the crossing by an inch. I caught him a few metres up the road and said (calmly enough) that he was giving the rest of us a bad name. He went ballistic, screamed at me and got very abusive. I told him to back off in no uncertain terms and he took flight. Belted across the road, jumped up on the pavement and proceeded to cycle on the path all the way up to the Maternity Hospital, around the corner where he narrowly missing a Pregnant lady.

I don't bother saying anything now TBH. Leave the muppets to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement