Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another "Freeman on the Land" Conspiracy Loon gets locked up for contempt of court

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

the_syco wrote: »
    It's basic power. If they had to ask us what to do at each and every day, I doubt they'd get anything done.

I suppose you are right. We don't need to know what they are doing, let them just carry on making our decisions for us. Oh, you are happy enough with this, yeah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=i_v-nddlAbk

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

darkhorse wrote: »
    I suppose you are right. We don't need to know what they are doing, let them just carry on making our decisions for us. Oh, you are happy enough with this, yeah?

Can we get about six million sources for that complete bollocks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

That was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

If you don't like someone, or some organisation it's fashionable to accuse them of being part of the Freeman movement in an attempt to discredit them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

If you don't like someone, or some organisation it's fashionable to accuse them of being part of the Freeman movement in an attempt to discredit them.

Yeah, I see what you mean. But most people don't hang the thing they call an attempt to discredit them on their own front doors.

The level of doublethink here is unreal.
    The document in the image below hangs on Ben Gilroy’s front door, and is called the “Removal of Implied Right of Access”.

https://peopleforeconomicjustice.com/removal-of-implied-right-of-access/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Not being condescending... it really sounds like that man needs professional help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

dafuq was that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

MadsL wrote: »
    Yeah, I see what you mean. But most people don't hang the thing they call an attempt to discredit them on their own front doors.

The level of doublethink here is unreal.

https://peopleforeconomicjustice.com/removal-of-implied-right-of-access/

I was wrong. He would appear to be a full on lunatic freeman after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,467 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I must read a bit more into this DDI and Freemanism - it sounds very impractical.
    However one has to admit bad (if not illegal) decisions have been made and indeed many people have managed to get away with these bad decisions over time.
    I don't believe it requires a complete turn of logic to what I know of DDI and Freemanism to resolve the issues we have in politics in this country.

There isn't a need to throw the baby out with the bathwater tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

I normally call someone i dont like a kunt but your post has shown how behind the times I am so from now they will be known as 'freemen kunts'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

Wouldn't agree that it's "fashionable" to call someone a Fremen, although it does seem to be fashionable to spout the Fremen Woo ... but it's a lot easier to make the "accusation" stick if they actually are part of the Fremen "movement", or at the very least they associate with them have deployed their techniques on many occasions.

As for darkhorse's video, "Bumrag na hÉireann"?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

This whole thing is nuttier than a squirrels sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

If this is not a candidate for a Legendary Boards thread I don't know what is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Having Gilroy defenders coming on here saying he has nothing to do with freeman gibberish is like the shinnerbots proclaiming that Gerry Adams was never in the IRA.

kippy wrote: »
    I must read a bit more into this DDI and Freemanism - it sounds very impractical.
    However one has to admit bad (if not illegal) decisions have been made and indeed many people have managed to get away with these bad decisions over time.
    I don't believe it requires a complete turn of logic to what I know of DDI and Freemanism to resolve the issues we have in politics in this country.

There isn't a need to throw the baby out with the bathwater tbh.

Is there any link at all between DDI and Freemanism at all except for the fact that this "loon" mentioned in the OP happens to be part of both? Surely a freeman doesn't want to be part of any democracy, direct or otherwise and just wants to go his own way?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,467 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Is there any link at all between DDI and Freemanism at all except for the fact that this "loon" mentioned in the OP happens to be part of both? Surely a freeman doesn't want to be part of any democracy, direct or otherwise and just wants to go his own way?
    I've no idea tbh,
    From the very basis of what I know both appear to be completely against any form of community and responsibility. Well perhaps DDI may not be, but it would depent on it's implementation.
    As I said I plan on reading up on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Have a look at this, and note 1:59 and 3:39, if you didn't already see it, which I would find it hard to believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Mrcj8hpNS6w

Except he spouts the same nonsense as them.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I've no idea tbh,
    From the very basis of what I know both appear to be completely against any form of community and responsibility. Well perhaps DDI may not be, but it would depent on it's implementation.
    They may claim to be against community and responsibility, but I bet they would be the first ones to bleat and complain if they didn't get hospital treatment when they need it, or the gardai didn't respond to a 999 call.

They cannot have it both ways. They cant be free market entrepreneurs in the good times, and free men with no responsibilities the minute it goes bad.

I've no idea tbh,

Direct democracy could potentially be more restrictive and have more rules than what we have now depending on the mood of the people involved

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

benway wrote: »
    He also offers his services as an advisor on there, apparently charging €400 a pop, or so I'm told:

If that's true, it seems a lot less than any of the TDs in government would claim in expenses, and does the public see much benefit from all their travelling around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

So what you're saying is "Freeman" is the new "hipster"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    So what you're saying is "Freeman" is the new "hipster"?
    They were free before it was cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

If that's true, it seems a lot less than any of the TDs in government would claim in expenses, and does the public see much benefit from all their travelling around.

Oh, true enough. Although for not a huge amount more you could get trained legal professionals, who would probably be more useful to you in a court case than a TD, as opposed to Ben who ... as we have established ... hasn't a rashers and causes people more harm than good.

Although I'm sure Ben is only itching to pick up a TD's expenses and will cosy up to anyone he thinks will help him. Just looking at Ben's denial of Fremenry on Primetime there ... he's clearly bluffing, as in so many other things.

Similarly, there's those pesky Christian Solidarity links, now being denied.

Seems to me that Ben's trying to have it every way - use the wingnuts while they're useful to him, but deny it all to the hilt when questioned.

I have been thinking about this for a while now (5 minutes) and I need to change my name. From this moment forth you are to refer to me as ......

Strawberry of the field that contained the fruit and the cows Milkshake

Oh, and in true freewoman style, boards.ie must pay my internet bill just for the privilege of having me here.

Am I doing it right? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Thread not as much fun when there's no one arguing back.

Where's Biggins!?! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I have been thinking about this for a while now (5 minutes) and I need to change my name. From this moment forth you are to refer to me as ......

Strawberry of the field that contained the fruit and the cows Milkshake

Oh, and in true freewoman style, boards.ie must pay my internet bill just for the privilege of having me here.

Am I doing it right? ;)

You need to have a seal too. Thats the key

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Thread not as much fun when there's no one arguing back.

Where's Biggins!?! :D
    Talking to his solicitor. :D

Ooops! I had a toy seal when I was a nipper, called him Cecil. Will that do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Ooops! I had a toy seal when I was a nipper, called him Cecil. Will that do?

A great seal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement