Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Bombing

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

Jonny7 wrote: »
    I have a pressure cooker, it wuold easily fit in my backpack. Subjective.

No not really, there are 2 pictures showing before and after the blast beside the bin, look at the size of the package, it's not in any backpack and it wouldn't fit into any of the backpacks the patsies were carrying.
    You mean the "patsies" who have been reportedly (by the whole ****ing city of Boston) been throwing grenades and shooting at police, killing one officer and wound another critically?

No not by the WHOLE ****ing city of Boston, by a few police and FBI, there's reports they had assault rifle's and robbed a shop.
    Why would the bombers be carrying assault rifles around and stay in the same area?
    What about reports one suspect captured, then he's dead, a naked man arrested, as I said watch one story contradict the one before......

Why would you be entitled to this information? they are trying to catch the perpetrators not you.

If they want the publics help, they release information. They aren't infallible.

I never said I'm entitled to anything, you said I wasn't privvy, I said either were you, just you believe what your spoon fed without question, as I said I'm a skeptic, especially when it doesn't make sense and holes start to show up in the stories getting lapped up.

And Alex Jones claims the same, 40-odd minutes after the bombs went off. He's just asking questions that's all. We all know it's complete nonsense though.

I didn't make any claim 40 minutes after anything and I'm not Alex Jones.

I'm asking about the bomb beside the bin, which i posted pics of before and after of, it's too big to fit in a backpack and ISN'T in a backpack, it's on the outside of the barrier in front of a large crowd, with what is reported to have been inside it, it would take 2 hands and a lot of effort to put it there, pushing through the crowd, placing it over the barrier, getting the hell out of there..............while the police are looking for explosives.

MarathonBombBefore_1712309a.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgDzywFgBmMv7-rs7LAkZmfYhm6S27XIC63CEiZU1b67ASXgvUFg

If you have any sense of scale use it....

As I said earlier watch one story contradict the one before.............

411 On Sunil Tripathi, Named By Police As Suspect In Boston Marathon Bombings (PHOTOS)

http://globalgrind.com/news/411-sunil-tripathi-missing-brown-university-alleged-suspect-boston-marathon-bombings-photos

Now he's not a suspect....

UPDATE 7:30AM EST
    Sunil Tripathi is not a suspect. Although he was mentioned by the Boston police on their scanner as the person they were looking for, we have learned that in fact Sunil is not wanted by the police in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings.

UPDATE: 6:00 AM EST
    Despite reports from the police scanner that confirmed Tripathi was, in fact, the person who they believed to be the second suspect, NBC News reported that the missing Brown University student is not a suspect.
    NBC's Pete Williams conflicting report:
    "Authorities say these people came from overseas... had overseas military training [and have] been here about a year," NBC's Pete Williams — the most reliable source through a chaotic week in Boston — reported Friday, citing multiple sources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭thiarfearr

MonaPizza wrote: »
    Putting their faces on tv so soon would, (in my feeble little mind at least) cause them to run faster.

If they are forced to move faster, they have less time to plan and think and might be more likely to make a mistake?

And are you really asking why people suspected of bombing a fun family/charity event like a marathon would be considered violent and dangerous? They've injured over 100 people

The guy in the white cap was identified as Sunil Tripathi, the guy in the black cap was either shot dead or died from a blast, depending on what and where you read....

Now Sunil Tripathi is not a suspect, yet they still haven't caught who they earlier named as Sunil Tripathi, have they found Sunil Tripathi who's been missing since March 16th, if not how do they know it's not him now?

As I said watch one story contradict the one before.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭whatstherush

stuar wrote: »
    The guy in the white cap was identified as Sunil Tripathi, the guy in the black cap was either shot dead or died from a blast, depending on what and where you read....

Now Sunil Tripathi is not a suspect, yet they still haven't caught who they earlier named as Sunil Tripathi, have they found Sunil Tripathi who's been missing since March 16th, if not how do they know it's not him now?

Where exactly is the contradiction? There was a misidentification of one of the suspects. Did the police/FBI actually name Sunil?
    Can you show link from an official source naming Sunil Tripathi and then subsequently clearing him?

Maybe the situation is still very fluid. Reedit etc.. have caught about ten different bombers at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

No not really, there are 2 pictures showing before and after the blast beside the bin, look at the size of the package, it's not in any backpack and it wouldn't fit into any of the backpacks the patsies were carrying.

Can you explain why you are calling them patsies, what information do you have?
    No not by the WHOLE ****ing city of Boston, by a few police and FBI, there's reports they had assault rifle's and robbed a shop.
    Why would the bombers be carrying assault rifles around and stay in the same area?

It's the whole city of Boston, there are people who are witnessing the events, tweeting, people taking pictures, everyone is listening in on police scanners.

It's very easy to sit there and question everything.

It's going to be quite another to have to actually explain all these events with an alternative "conspiracy" theory.

Even at this stage it appears that the two suspects have been found heavily armed at MIT, engaged and killed a police officer, been chased, one of them has either been killed or blown himself up and the other is still the subject of a huge manhunt.

This is happening right now.
    What about reports one suspect captured, then he's dead, a naked man arrested, as I said watch one story contradict the one before......

It's breaking news. There is plenty of speculation and rumour as events are literally breaking live.

The naked man has not been determined to be either suspect.
    I never said I'm entitled to anything, you said I wasn't privvy, I said either were you, just you believe what your spoon fed without question, as I said I'm a skeptic, especially when it doesn't make sense and holes start to show up in the stories getting lapped up.

Yeah don't do that thanks.

It's a belief mindset. Certain people believe it's a conspiracy from the very start and go about seeking holes and discrepencies, anything that undermines the "official story". So it can validate their own paranoia of authority or over-cynicism of the US/Israel/NYPD/whoever
    I'm asking about the bomb beside the bin, which i posted pics of before and after of, it's too big to fit in a backpack and ISN'T in a backpack, it's on the outside of the barrier in front of a large crowd, with what is reported to have been inside it, it would take 2 hands and a lot of effort to put it there, pushing through the crowd, placing it over the barrier, getting the hell out of there..............while the police are looking for explosives.

If it's the bomb, then it's been placed there by someone.

I am looking for confirmation that it is one of the actual bombs, information is still sketchy at the mo, can anyone confirm?

Nothing is confirmed because it's breaking news. It's a fluid, changing situation, there has been much rumour and speculation and misidentification because no one has all the facts right now.

This is the nature of breaking news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

It's confirmed as "Boston bomb suspects Russians living in US". Not Chechens as real Chechens are good and they fire their bombs in Russia, in metros and airports. And western supports their bombs in Russia. So this two will not be called Chechens in any western media. Just Russians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

If you have any sense of scale use it....

It was simply wild media speculation that suggested that particular bag was the bomb bag. Do you only believe the medias take on things when they fit what you want to believe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Anynama141

As I said earlier watch one story contradict the one before.............
    Do you think that is natural that the situation could be confusing with lots of different rumours and leaks being reported that turn out to be incorrect/false leads?

Why would this NOT happen in a case like this, do you think? What do you feel should be preventing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Anynama141 wrote: »
    Do you think that is natural that the situation could be confusing with lots of different rumours and leaks being reported that turn out to be incorrect/false leads?

Why would this NOT happen in a case like this, do you think? What do you feel should be preventing it?

It's win/win for CTers. Either the first story is right and it's a total cover up, or the first story is wrong, and hey, guess what, it's a cover up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Standman wrote: »
    It was simply wild media speculation that suggested that particular bag was the bomb bag.

But wild speculation is what drives some people.

Looking at footage of the bombs going off it's clear that the bomb was not outside the railings.

Honestly some people who are dedicated to 'getting to the truth' and 'seeing through the lies' aren't very good at actually figuring things out for themselves are they?

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Anynama141

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Looking at footage of the bombs going off it's clear that the bomb was not outside the railings.

Honestly some people who are dedicated to 'getting to the truth' and 'seeing through the lies' aren't very good at actually figuring things out for themselves are they?

It makes it difficult to 'see through the lies' when you've already decided that it's a false flag attack as soon as you hear about it. Top tip: extraordinary claims require extraordinary proofs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Ohh here we go AGAIN, let's get this clear for you, there were 2 bombs, 1 exploded behind people, the other exploded in front of the barrier.....

Take a look at the photographic proof, now are you saying this bomb went off behind the people.....

Before the blast.....AGAIN!

article-2310200-1954E0EE000005DC-204_964x578.jpg

After the blast....AGAIN..

bostonbombingafter101.jpg
    Notice the barriers blown back towrds the pavement, not out on the street which would be the case had it gone off behind the barrier.

From a better vantage point...

boston-bombing-crime-scene-day-3-17april2013.jpg

Notice the black bomb mark right beside the bin, at edge of pavement almost on street which isn't in first photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭thiarfearr

zom wrote: »
    It's confirmed as "Boston bomb suspects Russians living in US". Not Chechens as real Chechens are good and they fire their bombs in Russia, in metros and airports. And western supports their bombs in Russia. So this two will not be called Chechens in any western media. Just Russians.

The Chechens have already tried to distance themselves from the bombers,
    Alvi Karimov:
    "The suspects in the Boston crimes have no relation to Chechnya". He says "according to preliminary information" the family moved "many years ago from Chechnya to another region of Russia".

"Then for a long time they lived in Kazakhstan, and from there moved to the US, where family members obtained residency," Mr Karimov said. "So the persons concerned did not live in Chechnya as adults, and if they became 'bad apples' then it's a question of who was educating them."

Maybe the Russians did it, they've falsified bombings before attributed to Chechnya as a pretext to the Second Chechen War.

Ohh here we go AGAIN, let's get this clear for you, there were 2 bombs, 1 exploded behind people, the other exploded in front of the barrier.....

Take a look at the photographic proof, now are you saying this bomb went off behind the people.....

Notice the barriers blown back towrds the pavement, not out on the street which would be the case had it gone off behind the barrier.

Notice the black bomb mark right beside the bin, at edge of pavement almost on street which isn't in first photo.

So if that's the bomb, perhaps someone pushed it under the barrier or just let it drop over the barrier, I mean think about it.. it got there somehow.

Pretty much like the black backpack to the very right of the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'm not usually much of a conspiracy theorist and it's a bit ghoulish to be second guessing ongoing events where people have died but the story just doesn't add up right now. It's like they really didn't think their thing through.

a) With any common sense you would know the amount of CCTV there is in a place like Boston and, furthermore, the amount of people wielding camera phones, enhancing surveillance exponentially. This wouldn't matter if you were a suicide bomber as you'd be dead but the perpetrators obviously planned to live on for whatever reason. Baseball caps and shades don't help a whole lot.

b) Why would anyone in this case stay in the area after the act? Wouldn't the idea be to get far out of the area as quickly as possible when the possibility of being identified was at it's lowest?

c) Wouldn't you have money, resources and a legitimate excuse to do just that? Would you rob a shop to gain money and risk bringing attention upon yourself?

The whole thing smacks of the most haphazard, naive and short term planning. It's like no one could really be that stupid, could they?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭whatstherush

You don't know that item outside the railing is the bomb, its just your speculation. This pic shows the same scene (no flags in both as opposed to bomb nearer finish line)and is nearer the time of the bomb because the young child that died is shown. It shows the suspect and a bag.
    CbotmNk.jpg. As for the railings lying out the way it could easily being pulled that way by rescuers, you can see in the vid of bombing at finish, that rescuers were pulling them anyway just to get them out of the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ohh here we go AGAIN, let's get this clear for you, there were 2 bombs, 1 exploded behind people, the other exploded in front of the barrier......

So the cops decided to lie about the type of bags used despite knowing that there would be loads of photos and footage of the scene?

To what end?

Just as well you're here to figure it all out though isn't it?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

So the cops decided to lie about the type of bags used despite knowing that there would be loads of photos and footage of the scene?
    About that, is there any footage at all that I can see that shows them doing anything at all incriminating at the race. Not interested in anything the BostonFBI claim. This is afterall the same group that enabled and protected their agent Whitey Bulger and his Winter Hill Mob to establish their criminal empire and to carry out sadistic murders and torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

the elder [dead] suspects mother, in an interview just now on cnn, claims that he was being controlled by the fbi for the past 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

was watching CNN the other night (wed) and they had reports that they had a suspect a guy wearing a white cap, that they say may already be known to the FBI.

Watching CNN there about 30 mins ago and the suspect's mother was on the phone saying that they were good guys and that the FBI already knew about them and she implied that there were being watched...

Then there was a guy in the on a call a 'homeland security chief' and he said they didn't know them at all... weird...wonder will the FBI come out and say that they knew them..?

looking at the 19 yr olds twitter page he was into rap music and quoted lyrics from rap songs and such, weird if he was a devout islam but maybe not I don't know..

That is certainly plausible. Especially given that the family arrived as Muslim asylum seekers,
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/08/fbi-terrorist-informants
    Ever since 9/11, counterterrorism has been the FBI's No. 1 priority, consuming the lion's share of its budget—$3.3 billion, compared to $2.6 billion for organized crime—and much of the attention of field agents and a massive, nationwide network of informants. After years of emphasizing informant recruiting as a key task for its agents, the bureau now maintains a roster of 15,000 spies—many of them tasked, as Hussain was, with infiltrating Muslim communities in the United States.

In addition, for every informant officially listed in the bureau's records, there are as many as three unofficial ones, according to one former high-level FBI official, known in bureau parlance as "hip pockets."

The bureau now maintains a roster of 15,000 spies, some paid as much as $100,000 per case, many of them tasked with infiltrating Muslim communities in the United States.

The informants could be doctors, clerks, imams. Some might not even consider themselves informants. But the FBI regularly taps all of them as part of a domestic intelligence apparatus whose only historical peer might be COINTELPRO, the program the bureau ran from the '50s to the '70s to discredit and marginalize organizations ranging from the Ku Klux Klan to civil-rights and protest groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

briany wrote: »

b) Why would anyone in this case stay in the area after the act? Wouldn't the idea be to get far out of the area as quickly as possible when the possibility of being identified was at it's lowest?

they had some guy on from an auto shop saying that one of them had his car already in his shop and was looking to get it out of the shop asap.

the elder [dead] suspects mother, in an interview just now on cnn, claims that he was being controlled by the fbi for the past 5 years

That would make sense, along with all the other people under FBI control.

To what end?

Just as well you're here to figure it all out though isn't it?

Yes probably.....you could never imagine to search for yourself, could you!

Documents, blown case provide rare look into FBI terror stings
    Karen Greenberg in The Washington Post, April 14, 2012

The blown Pittsburgh sting and the voluminous court records from the 2010 case have provided rare insight into a tactic used increasingly by the FBI since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, in which suspects are monitored almost from the beginning of plots and provided with means to help them carry them out.

The targets in such stings have included the Pentagon and the U.S. Capitol.

“I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that there would have been no crime here except the government instigated it, planned it and brought it to fruition,” said U.S. District Judge Colleen McMahon at the sentencing of four men from Newburgh, N.Y., convicted on terrorism charges. She added, “That does not mean there was no crime.”

http://law.fordham.edu/faculty/26061.htm

Federal Court Rebukes FBI For Lying To The Court About Surveillance Records
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/benkerschberg/2011/05/05/federal-court-rebukes-fbi-for-lying-to-the-court-about-surveillance-records/

FBI Sanctioned for Lying About Existence of Surveillance Records
    https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/05/fbi-chastised-court-lying-about-existence

Fake terror plots, paid informants: the tactics of FBI 'entrapment' questioned

Critics say bureau is running a sting operation across America, targeting vulnerable people by luring them into fake terror plots
    Even more shocking was that the organisation, money, weapons and motivation for this plot did not come from real Islamic terrorists. It came from the FBI, and an informant paid to pose as a terrorist mastermind paying big bucks for help in carrying out an attack.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/nov/16/fbi-entrapment-fake-terror-plots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

I try not to get sucked into terrorist plots but alway get the feeling it's not just another foreigner blowing stuff up or killing someone ,
    To me there's always a bigger picture maybe I'm easily led I don't know but to be honest he really doesn't seem like a fanatical freak to me maybe he's a really could actor
    But no friends had anything bad to say about him ,
    Again I don't know what to think people have died and people also need to look at the bigger picture

If you've nothing to loose you go out in a blaze off glory
    He's scared and knows he will probably be shot on sight even if he was standing naked arms in the air ,
    He needs to get away and tell his side of the story before he gives himself up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement