Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

we went bit off topic their, but good see a lot people try to buy irish when they can.

probably a quiet month for now, January will be crazy for deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Will be interesting seeing if this wind powered charger will cope with keeping my phone alive long enough to finish an audax.

Ships to UK only but works out about €10 using Parcel Motel.

Oh, and damson jam for my sambos please...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

Anyone got a CRC voucher that they are not using? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

This looks like a good deal. Argon TT frameset for £330 (about €400).

Postage to S. Ireland is an eye-watering £250 (yeah...two hundered and fifty!) but postage to Belfast (I'm thinking collection at Parcel Motel or some such idea) is a much more reasonable £6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭Ryath

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    This looks like a good deal. Argon TT frameset for £330 (about €400).

Postage to S. Ireland is an eye-watering £250 (yeah...two hundered and fifty!) but postage to Belfast (I'm thinking collection at Parcel Motel or some such idea) is a much more reasonable £6.

Spotted that before alright and have been tempted but I couldn't find the seat post for sale any where online. Assume stockists here could get one for you imagine its pretty pricey. How much of a issue is not having the inner guides for the cables?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Cycle Surgery are the latest retailer to offer the Garmin Edge 500 plus HRM and cadence for £187.49. Their shipping charge to Ireland though seems to be £15 but it's free to "most parts of" the UK so Parcel Motel might be an option. Might also be worth enquiring in local Irish branches of Cycle Surgery though - they honoured one of the UK offers before for me, though that was for something quite cheap so a very different scenario.

Edit: Apparently a new Edge, possibly to be called Edge 900 is due out early next year, which might be part of the reason for the reductions in existing Edge units recently. Though the new one sounds like an alternative to the 800 rather than the 500, if BikeRadar are to be believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Chariot trailer sale at SJS Cycles. We've had a Chariot Cougar 1 for about 3 years now and would highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭enas

doozerie wrote: »
    Chariot trailer sale at SJS Cycles. We've had a Chariot Cougar 1 for about 3 years now and would highly recommend them.

I'll buy one of them then. At £549.99 from £569.99, it's a real bargain. (Just joking, it's just funny that it's the model with the crappiest discount.)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Just in case people are potentially buying from Wiggle, their current offers are:

Extra 10% off when you spend £99 (10EXTRA)
    Extra 12% off when you spend £249 (12EXTRA)
    Extra 15% off when you spend £349 (15EXTRA)

Offer ends December 11th at 2pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Ryath wrote: »
    Spotted that before alright and have been tempted but I couldn't find the seat post for sale any where online. Assume stockists here could get one for you imagine its pretty pricey. How much of a issue is not having the inner guides for the cables?

60 euro more to have it shipped, including seat post, from HERE - even at that it's an outrageous shipping cost, and that's only a cursory googling job.

uberwolf wrote: »
    60 euro more to have it shipped, including seat post, from HERE - even at that it's an outrageous shipping cost, and that's only a cursory googling job.

I got a quote from Parcel Motel to have the frame 'collectable' at their Finglas depot for a tenner. So thats a total of about €18 total shipping to Flnglas (£6 to Belfast and €10 to P.M.) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I got a quote from Parcel Motel to have the frame 'collectable' at their Finglas depot for a tenner. So thats a total of about €18 total shipping to Flnglas (£6 to Belfast and €10 to P.M.) :D

aye, but still no seat post...

my 60 euro extra was rrp on ebay (i.e. no shipping) and included shipping from the other place, so now we're only 40 euro apart and seat post included (and presumably the internal cable guides) which would be worth spending the extra 40 euro (and if more than one of us went in, the shipping from the states would be cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

A lot of the ebay sellers deliberately charge outrageous shipping fees as ebay doesn't take as much of a percentage of the sale - the seller may not negotiate on a cheaper shipping option in some cases

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

According to the Parcel Motel website there should be no extra charge for collecting an oversize parcel from their Finglas depot (as long as it's under 35kg). It should be covered by the standard €3.50 charge.

If you want it delivered to any address in Ireland this should only cost an additional €10.50!

According to the Parcel Motel website there should be no extra charge for collecting an oversize parcel from their Finglas depot (as long as it's under 35kg). It should be covered by the standard €3.50 charge.

If you want it delivered to any address in Ireland this should only cost an additional €10.50!

As far as I know, this charge is because the initial PM address is the Belfast site (to avail of 'internal' UK postage rates) and the extra tenner is to get it to Finglas given that it is oversize (though not overweight). I'm not sure , TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spokesman

Hi, came across a nice bargain in Debenhams in Cork City. A 4 DVD Limited edition Le Tour De France box set. dvds on bernard hinault, eddie mercx, marco pantani, bartali,coppi dvd and jacques anquetil dvd. five and half hours long in total, and only 8:40 euros. Well worth it, and still a few left.:D

uberwolf wrote: »

From what I can figure out that site is not legit. Have googled a good bit looking around best price I can find now is a 2012 model for €750 delivered in the UK so would have to use parcel motel. There was a 2011 from another shop in uk for a bit over €600 but I can't seem to find it anymore. There is cheaper ones in the US but with customs and extra for delivery are no better value. I'm going ring around to see if I get a price for a seat post. Anyone with any opinions on the cable guides I assume its just a matter of feeding new cable through the frame fidley but doable.

Any other options?
    Ribble seem like good value but by the time you add a fork seat post, headset, brake calipers and levers its not far of the price of the 2012 argon.

Planet X have some carbon orbea frames at the moment older models but seem like good value
    http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/c/q/frames/orbea_frames
    €520 for the road frame with a fork
    €650 for TT frame with fork and seatpost
    +€20 for delivery
    I'm tempted.

From what I can figure out that site is not legit. Have googled a good bit looking around best price I can find now is a 2012 model for €750 delivered in the UK so would have to use parcel motel. There was a 2011 from another shop in uk for a bit over €600 but I can't seem to find it anymore. There is cheaper ones in the US but with customs and extra for delivery are no better value. I'm going ring around to see if I get a price for a seat post. Anyone with any opinions on the cable guides I assume its just a matter of feeding new cable through the frame fidley but doable.

Any other options?
    Ribble seem like good value but by the time you add a fork seat post, headset, brake calipers and levers its not far of the price of the 2012 argon.

Planet X have some carbon orbea frames at the moment older models but seem like good value
    http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/c/q/frames/orbea_frames
    €520 for the road frame with a fork
    €650 for TT frame with fork and seatpost
    +€20 for delivery
    I'm tempted.

I doubt that they are not legit. All their contact details are there, full postal address and phone number. I cannot locate the premises on Google streetview, but it could very easily be checked out, I think. Also, they have close on a quarter-million feedbacks on eBay, 99.7% positive. As always with eBay though........buyer beware !

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Do they have it in your size?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

spokesman wrote: »
    Hi, came across a nice bargain in Debenhams in Cork City. A 4 DVD Limited edition Le Tour De France box set. dvds on bernard hinault, eddie mercx, marco pantani, bartali,coppi dvd and jacques anquetil dvd. five and half hours long in total, and only 8:40 euros. Well worth it, and still a few left.:D

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_106010748299_-1

if your not near a debenhams

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭dewindygap

Thanks for that spokesman, just ordered it online (Debenhams) for same price plus free p&p

Ooops, too slow.

I doubt that they are not legit. All their contact details are there, full postal address and phone number. I cannot locate the premises on Google streetview, but it could very easily be checked out, I think. Also, they have close on a quarter-million feedbacks on eBay, 99.7% positive. As always with eBay though........buyer beware !

Not referring to rutland cycles they are legit alright. The one in uberwolfs link sale-bikes.com is in Indonesia and is a scam
    http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-bikes/sale-bikes-com-823510.html
    Loads more if you google
    CaoimH_in wrote: »
    Do they have it in your size?
    Yea rutland have a small as well. Anyone any opinions on the orbeas?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spokesman

dewindygap wrote: »
    Thanks for that spokesman, just ordered it online (Debenhams) for same price plus free p&p

Ooops, too slow.

Your welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

nice one xmas viewing sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

Sorted for dvds, online order and free delivery, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

guys CP67 will get you 10% off on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭eoghan84

thanks for saying about the DVD. I was just wondering who the commentators of it would be? Is it Liggitt?

• Advertisement

eoghan84 wrote: »
    thanks for saying about the DVD. I was just wondering who the commentators of it would be? Is it Liggitt?

Yes. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement