Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Hi all were can I get 8GB ddr3 ram for less than 35e.

Here :D

€35 exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

Eboggles wrote: »

€35 exactly.

€ 43.05
    Including VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Eboggles wrote: »

€35 exactly.

Showing up as 43..

Showing up as 43..

I'm a fool, didn't see the grey Ex-Vat writing. Still the cheapest though, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

How about €40.43 ?

Here

And here if you have time to spare

• Advertisement

Ballyv24 wrote: »
    How about €40.43 ?

Here

The Dabs one is laptop RAM, but good find on the eBay one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Its also nice to support a Irish company. So what if it is €3 more expensive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You'd have to pay for delivery with dabs for that price range anyway, so memoryc still wins again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Ballyv24 wrote: »
    How about €40.43 ?

Here

Good find on the ebay ram, but very skeptical as I dont recognize the brand.

Also thanks for the replies guys, love you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

http://www.dabs.ie/search?q=ssd%20samsung

Still coming up at 81.99 but when you try to check out it comes up at 107.46 have emailed them (again) about this but am still waiting for a response.

I have now received an email from them explaining that the price in the checkout is the price you will be charged, so they are apparently not for sale at the 81.99 as on the website. Shambles!!

• Advertisement

With some luck, the prices will fall in a few days. Dabs have previously had special offers just in some newsletters (I didn't get emailed that one actually) and then follow up a week or two later with a mainstream cut. Except if it's a pricing error. Since the drives have been going up with other sites, I'm wondering if it is actually a mistake.

Edit: I hadn't heard of that RAM brand either. Apparently ETT = Effectively Tested Dram. So you could be getting any brand or just some non branded ones from a major line. Their translations need a bit of work. It could be perfectly fine, but you'd be taking a bit of a risk buying it. Feedback seems good and RAM is less troublesome than the DDR1 days with high density RAM that didn't work in many boards, but there's more tricks around these days with fake memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

Do you guys think if I give you the direct URL from the email it will work for you?

Ryan451 wrote: »
    Do you guys think if I give you the direct URL from the email it will work for you?

It is working fine now, they had a problem with the checkout but it is sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I emailed dabs yesterday cause I was also getting the error with the €107 at checkout.

they replied today and told me to try again, and it works now, but I'm also getting a delivery charge of €7.53 so I asked them again what the story was. waiting on a reply.

if they get this working for me I'll order a few if anyone is genuinely interested (and unable to avail of it) as long as you cover your postage?

....and its gone again. not only did it disappear, but it removed itself from my basket when it did it. :mad:

I thought dabs did free delivery over €75? did I imagine that?

somewhat related, all the cheap Samsung 256gb models have disappeared from online too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ConanRTTG

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    ....and its gone again. not only did it disappear, but it removed itself from my basket when it did it. :mad:

I thought dabs did free delivery over €75? did I imagine that?

somewhat related, all the cheap Samsung 256gb models have disappeared from online too.

SSD prices are going back up. There was an article on Overclock.net the otherday about it. I'll try link when I get home from work. If you can get that working again tho I'd genuinely take one. In desperate need! Should have pulled the trigger when they were dropping like flies!

ConanRTTG wrote: »
    SSD prices are going back up. There was an article on Overclock.net the otherday about it. I'll try link when I get home from work. If you can get that working again tho I'd genuinely take one. In desperate need! Should have pulled the trigger when they were dropping like flies!

Is working fine for me now. 81.99 + 7.53 delivery charge (i can live with that).

Right, ive got them at €82 again. if anyone is interested, ill be placing my orders tonight after work, for anyone who isnt online now. it'll be around 11pm.

Ill post them out, insured/registered if you prefer, or snailmail. whichever youd be willing to pay for. they usually come in a little box and weigh nothing, so it shouldnt cost more than a few euro i think.

ConanRTTG wrote: »

I can't see overall market prices going up tbh. Last I heard Intel are going to be dropping prices in August to bring their prices in line with the already dropped competition.

I can't see overall market prices going up tbh. Last I heard Intel are going to be dropping prices in August to bring their prices in line with the already dropped competition.
    256gb SSD's have gone up €20 in the last 2 days.

• Advertisement

256gb SSD's have gone up €20 in the last 2 days.
    Two days doesnt mean a whole lot in terms of overall market prices.

amazon.png?force=1&zero=0&w=725&h=440&desired=false&legend=1&ilt=1&tp=all&fo=0

If you look at the 256 Crucial M4 for example, there is lots of short-term price rises along the way. But the overal trend is downward.

Fair enough if there is something actually happening in the market (chip shortage etc) to make prices rise. But I havent heard anything yet and I can't find the link eamon mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Bought one with 2x Zalman ZM-F3 case fans to bump up the price for free delivery.

Was tempted to buy a mechanical keyboard, for the free delivery. Pair of case fans is much more sensible. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ConanRTTG

Right, ive got them at €82 again. if anyone is interested, ill be placing my orders tonight after work, for anyone who isnt online now. it'll be around 11pm.

Ill post them out, insured/registered if you prefer, or snailmail. whichever youd be willing to pay for. they usually come in a little box and weigh nothing, so it shouldnt cost more than a few euro i think.

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

L wrote: »
    Dabs VIP Sale Deals are now active.

Just got myself a Crucial M4 256gb for €160.

There's also a Samsung 830 128gb for €82

Not sure what else is about but those are very solid prices.

Can't seem to get the SSD to show up at that price, anyone explain how? It's showing at €202 for me at the moment

L wrote: »
    Dabs VIP Sale Deals are now active.

Just got myself a Crucial M4 256gb for €160.

There's also a Samsung 830 128gb for €82

Not sure what else is about but those are very solid prices.

Link doesn't give the discounted prices, but if you are already signed up with them and click through the email, it works. I think it's time to get myself a 256GB drive. Now... should I get get a 128GB for that creaky old netbook too...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Monotype wrote: »
    Link doesn't give the discounted prices, but if you are already signed up with them and click through the email, it works. I think it's time to get myself a 256GB drive. Now... should I get get a 128GB for that creaky old netbook too...

i just payed 200eu for 256gb. at 160eu i am tempted to get one more to swap my 60gb OS corsair one...

^^^ That's gluttony! :D

i just payed 200eu for 256gb. at 160eu i am tempted to get one more to swap my 60gb OS corsair one...

Would you take 40eur for your 60gb ??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

how do i get the knocked down price sales? theyre coming up at 100 and 200 euro respectively for me when people here are saying when signed in theyre 80 and 160.

really annoying me. at those prices think ill get one of each ^^

• Advertisement

Advertisement