Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**MOD NOTE UPDATED**Limerick woman complains about living in 3 bed house with 4 kids

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

So this is from that fornicatin' yer wan was on about last week that we were giving out about?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

mod

Okay, people, can we tone down the aggressive name-calling of this woman, please?

I understand that it's an emotive subject for many of you, but there's no need for outright name-calling.

/mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

WindSock wrote: »
    No I am not trolling, no I never said all 4 with one on the way were accidents. I already stated perhaps some were planned, perhaps she got pregnant on the pill (yes and it happens....often) perhaps she is ignorant of getting pregnant with the pull out method (yes,a lot of people still think this works...)

I don't know the circumstances of the woman that she is soon to have 5 kids in a house that she deems unfit for raring them in. And neither does anyone else but it seems easier to condemn her and hurl abuse before considering them.

Then people here are saying they want a 5 bedroom house in Killiney, then others complaining that she wants to stay in Moyross. So she's damned if she does/doesn't

Either way, the pitchforks are a truely alight in this one.

that is the funniest load of cobblers i have read on AH - well done sir
    if you really believe ANY of that then i just give up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

dj jarvis wrote: »
    but she is looking for A EXTRA ROOM

OMG!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

I don't think anyone's said anything like that.
    I've just seen some posters quite reasonably suggesting that some of the hatred expressed in quite disgusting terms from people who don't know her is a bit unseemly, and a poor way of debating.
    Though unfortunately, such a level of "discussion" is all-too common around here lately.

It really is. Boards seems to be in decline in my opinion. Maybe not in numbers but in quality. Shocked at some of the comments left here.

I don't think anyone's said anything like that.
    I've just seen some posters quite reasonably suggesting that some of the hatred expressed in quite disgusting terms from people who don't know her is a bit unseemly, and a poor way of debating.
    Though unfortunately, such a level of "discussion" is all-too common around here lately.

yea they have , in 2 posts so far , go back and read it

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Borboletinha

Just trying to see where the moral outrage is coming from in here and what the woman is expected to do if she get pregnant.

5 times????:eek: This reminds me of that film idiocracy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

maybe they are just frustrated key board warriors its the online equilvilant of driving by a stanger and hurling abuse pathetic really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

that is the funniest load of cobblers i have read on AH - well done sir
    if you really believe ANY of that then i just give up

Believe? No I am suggesting very likely possibilities for pregnancies, wanted or not.
    But feel free to give up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

I cant understand the mindset of people who are defending this womans behaviour. She has 4 children and another on the way and according to herself she and her children are living in a dangerous enviroment. Where is the personal responsibility? Of course contraception doesnt always work so the onus is on her to use multiple contraception to make sure an unwanted pregnancy does not occur. This is not an outlandish idea, many people have to do this myself included due to strong medication I have to take for a long term illness. If I were to become pregnant while taking this medication any baby I would have would have serious abnormalities. I would never choose to put a child of mine in this situation so when it comes to contraception we as a couple are ultra responsible. Nothing from stopping this lady been the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

mconigol wrote: »
    It really is. Boards seems to be in decline in my opinion. Maybe not in numbers but in quality. Shocked at some of the comments left here.

Afterhours does not equal boards.
    There is a whole world out there........... go explore......... http://www.boards.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Believe? No I am suggesting very likely possibilities for pregnancies, wanted or not.
    But feel free to give up anyway.

But surely someone, doctor, nurse, midwife sat her down and explained the facts of life to her after the first time?

& there's lots of other different types of contraception other than the pill/condoms she could have been using

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

yea they have , in 2 posts so far , go back and read it

Am I feck reading the whole thread again to find two posts I'm not convinced exist!

Even if I believed such posts were to be found, I hardly think 2 posters makes a brigade.

5 times????:eek: This reminds me of that film idiocracy...

Is that the same film where people decide I believe all 5 of her kids were accidents and think that she is worse than Hitler and should be shot, have her gash soldered up, etc because it is her sole purpose in life to live in a big free house at everyone elses expense?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

micropig wrote: »
    What would be your final solution?
    Godwinned

Forced labour camps. Punned.
    Larbre34 wrote: »
    For ADHD read boldness. I know education professionals who dont believe in it

And just as many do believe in it.
    *I know some lovely people from Moyross aswell, not brandishing everyone

I'd say Makiomi is the only poster here strong enough to brandish everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

Some of the comments in this thread just took my breath away. :eek::eek:
    Whatever people feel about this woman and her story,why resort to name calling and abuse.
    Is it the only way that people can express their feelings on the issue?.
    So many people myself included are really struggling at the minute and yes when you see a story like this it can make your blood boil but to descend to the level of some of the posts here does nobody any favours.
    Does it make people feel better about their own situation to take out their frustration about their own lives on a total stranger?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

mikom wrote: »
    Afterhours does not equal boards.
    There is a whole world out there........... go explore......... http://www.boards.ie/

True. AH was one of the most popular forums though (maybe not any more?) so I think it's a pretty good barometer for the site in general.

I've just got tired of the whole thing recently. Maybe it's just me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Maybe she planned some, maybe not...maybe there are even more sinister circumstances. I don't know and neither does anyone else in here baying for her gee to be sewn shut and to never have sex again.
    All because she has requested better conditions to bring her kids up in. There is hardly a shortage of empty shells to move into.

those ****ing aliens at it again ,implanting their seed in our women.damn them damn them all to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

As usual the " oh poor lamb - comes from a deprived background " brigade come charging in on their high horses

lets get one thing straight , no one argues that if the house was sub standard , or dangerous then straight away she should have re furb work done ,
    but she is looking for A EXTRA ROOM , when either the 13 month old should be in her room or in a bunk bed - it is that simple

truly the stupidity of some people fails to astonish me - along with the plebs sticking up for this rubbish ,
    i know of at least 3 family's that are living in what could only be described as flea pits who have been waiting YEARS to be re homed , yet this woman feels she is entitled to waste space and time over her want of more space ???
    she wants a bigger house ??? SO DO I - but im not putting my hand out and stamping my feet

she has water , electricity , heating , walls and a roof - compared to some in this banana republic she is on the pigs back

this is why she is getting dogs abuse

knowing when to keep your mouth shut is a skill some people should learn

I never really understood the use of the last line on the internet. I mean, if this simply applies to all people who disagree with us, and then of course applies with regard to us from all people we don't agree with.....

you see what I'm getting at here?

Just strikes me as the last gasp of a dying argument.

But surely someone, doctor, nurse, midwife sat her down and explained the facts of life to her after the first time?

& there's lots of other different types of contraception other than the pill/condoms she could have been using

Surely? Who knows, maybe the first one was planned...maybe not. Maybe she didn't get the talk, maybe they didn't reiterate that the pill doesn't work with antibiotics, maybe her fella thought the pull out method was savvy, maybe she was forced...this is getting into sinister territory now...but not unlikely....

But all I am doing is saying there are a world of possibilities out there for her to have 5 kids but loads of people here have already decided she has because she wants a bigger gaf and is completely irresponsible without considering anything else.

Am I feck reading the whole thread again to find two posts I'm not convinced exist!

Even if I believed such posts were to be found, I hardly think 2 posters makes a brigade.

please , you said no one did say it , 2 did , you make sure your facts are correct - and trust me they do exist , its in black and white

as for a brigade - the brigade INCLUDES the two that made those posts , i was making the point about the usual suspects who will defend ANYTHING

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

please , you said no one did say it , 2 did , you make sure your facts are correct - and trust me they do exist , its in black and white

as for a brigade - the brigade INCLUDES the two that made those posts , i was making the point about the usual suspects who will defend ANYTHING

At the risk of being pedantic, I said I didn't think anyone had said such a thing.

I never really understood the use of the last line on the internet. I mean, if this simply applies to all people who disagree with us, and then of course applies with regard to us from all people we don't agree with.....

you see what I'm getting at here?

Just strikes me as the last gasp of a dying argument.

sorry , i was making the point that the woman should have kept quiet , not the posters , i apologize for the misunderstanding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Surely? Who knows, maybe the first one was planned...maybe not. Maybe she didn't get the talk, maybe they didn't reiterate that the pill doesn't work with antibiotics, maybe her fella thought the pull out method was savvy, maybe she was forced...this is getting into sinister territory now...but not unlikely....

Unplanned pregnancy - implant in arm to stop another by doctor &
    Mandatory bird & bees chat in the labour ward:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

knowing when to keep your mouth shut is a skill some people should learn

I can think of another body part this one could do with keeping closed...

How about you present the evidence for the 'facts' you are asserting exist instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Thanks for the times
    That you've given me
    The memories are all in my mind
    And now that we've come
    To the end of our rainbow
    There's something
    I must say out loud

You're once twice
    five times a lady
    And I love you
    Yes your once twice
    five times a lady
    And I love you
    I love you................. and your local authority gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,415 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Salt001 wrote: »
    Some of the comments in this thread just took my breath away. :eek::eek:
    Whatever people feel about this woman and her story,why resort to name calling and abuse.
    Is it the only way that people can express their feelings on the issue?.
    So many people myself included are really struggling at the minute and yes when you see a story like this it can make your blood boil but to descend to the level of some of the posts here does nobody any favours.
    Does it make people feel better about their own situation to take out their frustration about their own lives on a total stranger?.

No, but its easy to see why people would be pissed off, we are all being caught for extra taxes with more on the way, for alot of us a holiday is a thing of the past, mortgage repayments are becoming a nightmare but despite all that we didn't start popping out kids left right and centre and expect the taxpayer to provide us with everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Yes the abuse is sickening but this is AH after all.

But my god how times have changed. I was brought up in the leafy middle class suburbs of Dublin - one of 7 + Mum & Dad - 9 people in a 4 bed house. Did we feel underprivileged? Not at all. Did anyone provide any support for free ? Not at all.

Does she deserve abuse? ........No one deserves abuse.

Is a rethink needed about how resources are allocated in society?....absolutely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

But all I am doing is saying there are a world of possibilities out there for her to have 5 kids but loads of people here have already decided she has because she wants a bigger gaf and is completely irresponsible without considering anything else.

You are right. Its possible. Highly unlikely but possible

Now given that no one on either side of the 'argument' knows the real facts about her life. People have to make presumptions in order to express an opinion.

What would you say was the most likely?

(a) your hypothesis
    (b) she was either irresponsible in having 5 kids or did so deliberately to milk the system