Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords CC Club League

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

RT66 wrote: »
    Anyone here know what time is this on Wednesday?

It usually 6:30 sign on for a 7:00 start and suspect it'll be quite strict because of the amount of daylight.

Limited to 85 btw (some fecking chance you'll get 85 loopers who want to do a hillclimb though ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

RT66 wrote: »
    Anyone here know what time is this on Wednesday?

7pm ish is the usual kick off with sign on from half six I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Frontpage of website updated with details. If summat is wrong, let me know.

There is a low barrier on the car park entrance. Be careful of your precious steeds.

www.swordscc.com

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Last man was off at 8.11 last year;)

We had around 60 signing on that night - with another 20-30 members this year (and probably quite a few non-members turning up) who knows how many will be there on Wednesday. I think they'll move to 30s gaps if there are many more than last year

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Raam wrote: »
    Frontpage of website updated with details. If summat is wrong, let me know.

There is a low barrier on the car park entrance. Be careful of your precious steeds.

www.swordscc.com

It says Swords CC Number required, what exactly is that please?

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »
    It says Swords CC Number required, what exactly is that please?

A race number. They are assigned at sign on. Keep it for the season if you are a member.

A race number. They are assigned at sign on. Keep it for the season if you are a member.

Thanks ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Weather forecast not too good for the next few days, plenty of rain, great news. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Just want to clarify something. There is no sign on fee for the Tuesday

I'm running a separate intro event with personalised and guided commentary, you can get on my bus 5 minutes after the 'official' club tour departs, there'll be entertainment on board and all will receive a 10% discount meal voucher.

10 euro's per person only.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

greenmat wrote: »
    Weather forecast not too good for the next few days, plenty of rain, great news. :mad:

From met.ie's forecast for Wed...
    "Rain clearing followed by heavy showers"

isn't that just plain rain:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

I'm running a separate intro event with personalised and guided commentary, you can get on my bus 5 minutes after the 'official' club tour departs, there'll be entertainment on board and all will receive a 10% discount meal voucher.

10 euro's per person only.

Im actually offering a more personalised intro event as well -

For 1 lucky person each week I will sell the back seat on my tandem bike, the lucky payee will see the route with commentary pointing out not only the turns, correct line and drags but more importantly the different places where I nearly passed out , nearly puked and got dropped

For this I am only charging 20 per spin

**Meal included - choice of gel or soggy figroll

please state your flavor preference of gel before hand

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

isn't that just plain rain:confused:
    Sounds like particularly wet rain to me. The good news is that there will be a northerly gale blowing making it not only wet, but very cold rain ;)

Actually, I'm forecasting no rain at all, and the wind to be abating during the event. The question is does that help or hinder? Is an early or late slot best?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

More importantly Beasty what will you be wearing?

RobFowl wrote: »
    More importantly Beasty what will you be wearing?
    You could probably guess, but don't spoil the surprise .... (it will be a previously unseen, on me at least, outfit)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Just out of interest, Beasty, what are you wearing now?

I have about fifteen minutes before the missus gets back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Beasty wrote: »
    You could probably guess, but don't spoil the surprise .... (it will be a previously unseen, on me at least, outfit)

Probably depends on which way the winds blowing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

Sadly work has kyboshed my involvement in tonights Hill Climb, my debut is shelved for a week!

Sadly work has kyboshed my involvement in tonights Hill Climb, my debut is shelved for a week!

We will be sure to "tip some gin" on the hill for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Likewise. Still stuck in work. :(

• Advertisement

Jesus, they just don't make new club members like they used to! Falling before the first fence!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

remember guys push pull and if you can raise a sprint at the line you have not left enough on the hill ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bbolger

Fine evening, great conditions for it.

Not as many turned up as was planned, about 40 odd there.

Any idea who won/what the winning time was?

bbolger wrote: »
    Fine evening, great conditions for it.

Not as many turned up as was planned, about 40 odd there.

Any idea who won/what the winning time was?

The winning time was 3:54 I think and 2nd, 3rd and 4th were 4:12, 4:13 and 4:14

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Well done to everyone who turned up. A great evening for it... So nice i had to slow down to enjoy the nice weather to the max!! ( my excuse for my miserable time! :) )

RobFowl wrote: »
    The winning time was 3:54 I think and 2nd, 3rd and 4th were 4:12, 4:13 and 4:14

And the slowest time, for those of us who were aiming low but got caught up in work?

4:30 for me which is an improvement of 20 seconds on last years time. Happy with that especially after I changed to a full double from the compact. Strava says I did it in 4:25 so I'm going to split the difference and go with 4:27 (rounding the 1/2 second down!)

Edit: My garmin says I did it in that time along with Strava.

Well I'm guessing Raam and Mr Skeffington were in the placings then. 4m 51s for me, 27 seconds ahead of last year, but the course was around 20m shorter (pretty much the same as we did in 2010). Couldn't have asked for better conditions, and I think there were a lot of fast times.

Looks like one or two were deceived by the finishing line again though, thinking it was around the Ardgillan Gates and easing off until "encouraged" to go a bit further ...

The Strava segments do not accurately reflect the course (and I didn't register because of where I started and stopped the Garmin), except for a private one I've set up. I beat my previous best by a couple of seconds, but reckon I could have gone a bit faster if I had not pushed so hard at the start

That was quite painful. Still coughing up crap.

• Advertisement

That was quite painful. Still coughing up crap.

+1 and I just copped that I'm eating ice cream after having my dinner! Not smart me thinks but still nice!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement