Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Saorview receiver ($7.40 delivered)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

How long are the orders taking for people? Nearly six weeks since mine was dispatched and no sign of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cranium

Ordered mine Feb 1st. It was dispatched Feb 2nd and I got it sometime around Feb 10-14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Crap, just realised I got it sent to an alternate address. Silly me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Neither Intel nor AMD work for me! x86 W7 Pro on Intel i3 370M and amd64 W7 Pro on AMD X4 955. Works on x86 Ubuntu on AMD Athlon Neo II.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Ferrakins

thanks for this OP, i ordered last week, I dont even need it lol but for that price u couldnt go wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 slikvik

Hi,

I've signed up as I'm having the same problem with the device in Win 7 64 bit.

However I MAY have a solution.

I extracted the bundled driver to get access to the raw 64bit drivers. The driver (11.10.19.1) is actually unsigned so this maybe the reason the setup routine doesn't install it. Anyway, I installed this manually and the system now goes through the detection process fine! Unfortunately I don't have any reception near my 64bit PC so I was wondering if you guys could give it a go?
    1. Click Update Driver on the devices properties.
    2. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
    3. Click "Let me pick from list of device..." <- important.
    4. Click "Have Disk" and browse to the folder with the 11.10.19.1 driver in.
    5. It will pop up with a warning about this being unsigned, click Install anyway.
    6. When the PC restarts you MUST hit F8 and select the option to disable driver signing. This has to be done every reboot but providing you guys can confirm the driver works I will put the effort in to try and create a signed version of it.

Please let me know if it works!

ALSO...

I have included another slightly older version that I found on the web (10.2.3.2) which IS signed but seems to go through the detection process a bit slower so it may not be working (again I cant tell as I have no reception). You may want to give this a try too so just follow the same instruction 1-4 above.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3pwe4ed79dcg441

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Still no channels found in WMC, although it doesn't take hours any more, at least :P

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

I tried extracting the drivers aswell. I think it was installing the 32-bit driver by default. When I extracted it I got 2 exes: DriverInstall32.exe and DriverInstall64.exe so I just ran the second one to install the correct driver. Don't need to disable driver signing that way. Still can't get any channels though.

I got it working on my brother's laptop (win 7 x64) though the picture kept freezing. On my computer, when I scan on the correct frequency with BlazeDTV I get 100% signal strength and 10% quality and 0 channels found. I got one of these and tried with rabbit ears but that didn't help at all. I guess my problem is just a poor signal at the back of the house where my computer is.

Just to let you know that the 11.10 driver I uploaded here does work! I crudely attached a better aerial and 7MC scanned channels and works fine. If you install this driver it goes through the channel scan nice and quick but if you still don't get any channels you probably need a better aerial. I'll try and make a signed version of it now.

@Rockn You are right that the DriverInstall64.exe does install the same driver. The reason I didn't include it in the upload was because I like to point directly to the .inf file so I know what I'm getting. It also still brought up the same unsigned driver warning and requires the F8 disable method. I've verified this on another PC...

11661643_capture2.png
    [11.10.19.1 - Not Digitally Signed]

Anyway, I'll post back if I manage to sign the driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

I did something similar a few weeks back and it worked as you described (installed correctly, allbeit manually, and scanned nice and fast) but I still got no channels so I assumed it was just that I was too far away and I gave up hope.

What kind of aerial did you use and what exactly did you do?
    Could you take a little photo of it perhaps? Might give this pos another go.. :)

• Advertisement

@slikvik That's strange. My driver is signed. Seems to the same one, file size and everything.
    it9135.jpg

I'll attach it here.

I've just installed your version and it is indeed signed! Final piece of the puzzle solved. Cheers.

On further investigation it seems that the catalog for yours is different to mine (and possibly others here). The certificate contained within the catalog is identical (and working) but it's the catalog that makes sure that the driver file is a match.

Anyway, to anyone still having problems, use the driver that Rockn has kindly provided, use my instructions (steps 1-4) if you get stuck, and make sure you use a proper aerial.

In answer to your aerial question Vertakill, I simply unscrewed the antenna from the aerial (may only be possible on my model) and temporarily taped my main aerial cable to it. :P

Kind Regards

Slikvik

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thephantom1

cheers for the alert. can't pass this one up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Hi Just read your post about signed drivers for win 7 64 bit as i have win 7 32 bit would really appreciate it if you could post the signed win 7 32 drivers

Kind Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 8,669 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Right... I'm ready to fire the thing out the wiondow... Using a HP Pavillion db6 with windows 7 64bit and nothing on this thread has helped... Any suggestions or should I give it away to somebody who needs a paperweight? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I installed Rockn's driver. We have lift-off on my win7 x64 machine finally! :)

Rockn wrote: »
    On my computer, when I scan on the correct frequency with BlazeDTV I get 100% signal strength and 10% quality and 0 channels found. I got one of these and tried with rabbit ears but that didn't help at all. I guess my problem is just a poor signal at the back of the house where my computer is.
    Found an old signal booster (one of these) and can finally get channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Nollog

I done bought the antenna from aldi a week or two back.
    I need to have it positioned on it's side, but I get a pretty good signal.
    Finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Right... I'm ready to fire the thing out the wiondow... Using a HP Pavillion db6 with windows 7 64bit and nothing on this thread has helped... Any suggestions or should I give it away to somebody who needs a paperweight? :p

Any time ye want to throw it my way I will catch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

I'm pretty sure half of us having so many problems with these pieces of sh!t just have bad reception which would be rectified with a proper antenna.

Where do I get one of those antenna's linked anyways (are aldi still selling them?) ? I don't even want it that much anymore (I have Sky) but I just want to 'beat' it as it's beaten me so far as I can't get a single channel.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Vertakill wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure half of us having so many problems with these pieces of sh!t just have bad reception which would be rectified with a proper antenna.

Where do I get one of those yokes linked anyways? I don't even want it that much anymore (I have Sky) but I just want to 'beat' it as it's beaten me so far as I can't get a single channel.. :)

Beaten by an antenna... leave your IT skills at the door! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cranium

Works now on my: Dell Latitude E6510(64bit) running Windows 7 (intel core i7) using Rockn's uploaded driver zip-file & slikvik's instructions.

Cheers folks! :D
    slikvik wrote: »
    I've just installed your version and it is indeed signed! Final piece of the puzzle solved. Cheers.

On further investigation it seems that the catalog for yours is different to mine (and possibly others here). The certificate contained within the catalog is identical (and working) but it's the catalog that makes sure that the driver file is a match.

Anyway, to anyone still having problems, use the driver that Rockn has kindly provided, use my instructions (steps 1-4) if you get stuck, and make sure you use a proper aerial.

In answer to your aerial question Vertakill, I simply unscrewed the antenna from the aerial (may only be possible on my model) and temporarily taped my main aerial cable to it. :P

Kind Regards

Slikvik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

Working for me too!

Dell Latitude 6410 Core i5 64 bit Windows 7

Used Rockn's driver. Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I seem to have got the driver installed, it's scanning at the minute but seems to be taking ages, is that normal? The aerial is fairly tiny for Donegal tv-use, which might be the problem. It's got to 10% after about 10 minutes there.

TPD wrote: »
    I seem to have got the driver installed, it's scanning at the minute but seems to be taking ages, is that normal? The aerial is fairly tiny for Donegal tv-use, which might be the problem. It's got to 10% after about 10 minutes there.

There is either bad reception in your area or the driver is not installed properly / wrong version of it. Did you try the driver posted a few posts back?

It was working great for me in Waterford City. I am in the heart of Wexford (Ballymurn) right now and the little aerial picked up all Saorview channels within 10 minutes. I was well surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Anybody tried one with a mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

moonboy52 wrote: »
    There is either bad reception in your area or the driver is not installed properly / wrong version of it. Did you try the driver posted a few posts back?

It was working great for me in Waterford City. I am in the heart of Wexford (Ballymurn) right now and the little aerial picked up all Saorview channels within 10 minutes. I was well surprised.

Cheers, got that driver installed now, searching complete in a few minutes. Finding no channels here though, will try a few different areas and a different aerial.

oldguysrip wrote: »
    My one worked in windows 7 home premium right out of the box, i selected ignore when the errors came up. The issue I had was trying to source the connectors from standard co-ax to the mini version. I ordered a bunch of them and it works fine now.

I have a few connectors left if anyone wants them. €10 incl P&P pm me if you want one.

How much did you buy them for? If i wanted one i could buy one for €1.74 incl P&P on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Used Rockn's drivers also

works great now now on Win7 64bit - Asus EB1501P (Nettop with Intel Atom and Nvidia Ion)

I use a small indoor antenna and it can be a little flakey depending on the weather (antenna works great with my TV for Saorview 99% of the time but it only works 75% of the time with this USB stick - must get it hooked up to roof antenna soon)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 mutunas

does anyone get it work on windows 7 32 bit?
    it works ok with the driver 11.10 on win7 64bit but can't find any drivers for win7 32bit.

any help?

thanks in advance

Advertisement