Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,724 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I'm beginning to think you've no evidence that god created the universe, JC.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

koth wrote: »

Oh I'm sure he'll find some eventually. You just have to have a little faith. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

J C wrote: »
    When a person kills another person it may be many things including self defense or murder. When God kills it is justice.
    Is it also justice when violence is done by people who think they're operating under instructions from the deity?

For example, the appalling Canaanite genocide?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

When a person kills another person it may be many things including self defense or murder.

When God kills it is justice.

So what about when innocent people are killed in natural disasters, which if God created beautiful sunsets, means he also created earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, drought etc.

Even if good, innocent, Christian people die in those natural disasters, created by God... Is that God's justice?

Oh they had to be guilty of something, otherwise god wouldn't kill them. Even the kids who die at birth. They must have done something just horrible in the womb. J C seems to think they thoroughly deserve it, anyway. And we know he's right, because he keeps telling us so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

When a person kills another person it may be many things including self defense or murder.

When God kills it is justice.

How exactly was the untimely death of my cousin at the age of 23 justice? What possible justice could have been involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭swampgas

dlofnep wrote: »
    How exactly was the untimely death of my cousin at the age of 23 justice? What possible justice could have been involved?

This is where my dear old Dad would fall back on "divine mystery" - i.e it doesn't make any sense to us, but God has a brilliant (if rather obscure) plan that explains everything. Utter bollox of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

swampgas wrote: »
    This is where my dear old Dad would fall back on "divine mystery" - i.e it doesn't make any sense to us, but God has a brilliant (if rather obscure) plan that explains everything. Utter bollox of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Here is a former Atheist who investigated the evidence ... and discovered Scientific proof for God ... enjoy ... :D

We are all going to physically die ... and it is a result of our common ancestors (Adam abd Eve) freely deciding to introduce sin and death into the Universe.

• Advertisement

We are all going to physically die ... and it is a result of our common ancestors (Adam abd Eve) freely deciding to introduce sin and death into the Universe.

So my cousin died because Adam ate an apple? Is that your logic? I have never seen anyone so deluded in my entire life.

So my cousin died because Adam ate an apple? Is that your logic? I have never seen anyone so deluded in my entire life.
    They didn't eat an apple ... the 'ate' of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ... i.e. Satan's system of occult knowledge.
    ... and less of the ad hominem remarks ... please.

Just make your point about the issues we are discussing ... and leave the personal comments out.

I can equally say that I find you to be so deluded by your materialism ... that you believe in miracles ... like the spontaneous production of life ... but I stick to the argument ... and I don't comment on the logical faculties of my opponents.:eek::D

They didn't eat an apple ... the 'ate' of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ... i.e. Satan's system of occult knowledge.

Well, this Satan chap sounds like a much more reasoned person than your God.
    I can equally say that I find you to be so deluded by your materialism ... that you believe in miracles ... like the spontaneous production of life ...

I don't proclaim to know for certain how life began, you do. That's the difference.

Here is a former Atheist who investigated the evidence ... and discovered Scientific proof for God ... enjoy ... :D

Well that was a waste of time, as I expected. But then again it is a group of creationists nattering away unchallenged. Nowhere do they state or display any evidence for god.

Just for those who are curious, the following people are in the video:

Michael Behe a supporter of ID who has a Phd in biochemistry.

Gullermo Gonzalez who has a BS in Physics & Astronomy and a Phd in Astromony.

Jonathan Wells who has a Phd in Molecular and Cell Biology as well as one in Religious Studies. He denies the link connection between HIV and AIDS btw.

William Lane Craig who has BA in communications and two MAs, one in religion and the other in church history.

Jay Richards holds a BA in political science and religion.

Scott Minnich who is an associate professor in microbiology.

Stephen Meyer has a degree in physics and earth science.

And Lee Strobel who has a degree in journalism.

The video mistakenly says that evolution is the theory for how life started, so they're off to a bad start when they aren't aware of abiogensis.

They also mention the Kalam Cosmological Argument, which I posted a video which addressed that idea.

During the video they repeatedly say that things in the world/universe point to a creator/designer. But they fail to present one iota of evidence.

So to sum up, JC posted a video to waste an hour of peoples time. He has posted the same crap himself over the lifetime of this thread. For some reason, a youtube video is supposed to win us over. Even if it is lacking almost entirely in any scientific substance.

In summary, JC still hasn't posted any evidence of the universe being created by god.

I know, I'm know shocked too :rolleyes:

but I stick to the argument ... and I don't comment on the logical faculties of my opponents.:eek::D

Both of those claims are untrue. Do you EVER get tired of lying?

Well that was a waste of time, as I expected. But then again it is a group of creationists nattering away unchallenged. Nowhere do they state or display any evidence for god.

Just for those who are curious, the following people are in the video:

Michael Behe a supporter of ID who has a Phd in biochemistry.

Gullermo Gonzalez who has a BS in Physics & Astronomy and a Phd in Astromony.

Jonathan Wells who has a Phd in Molecular and Cell Biology as well as one in Religious Studies. He denies the link connection between HIV and AIDS btw.

William Lane Craig who has BA in communications and two MAs, one in religion and the other in church history.

Jay Richards holds a BA in political science and religion.

Scott Minnich who is an associate professor in microbiology.

Stephen Meyer has a degree in physics and earth science.

And Lee Strobel who has a degree in journalism.
    The video is a tour de force of the evidence for a Creator ... and the contributors have the range of professional backgrounds to deliver it ... and they have done so successfully ...
    ... but, because your materialism is absolute ... you refuse to accept the physcal evidence ... and instead you continue to delude yourself that materialistic miracles can occur ... and you roll up in a foetal position and stick your fingers in your ears and repeat the mantra that 'it is true that molecules can spontaneously arrange themslves into Man ... and therefore a hurricane can spontaneously produce trains, planes and automobiles ... and the occasional Human!!!':):D
    ... and therefore no intelligence is allowed in your worldview!!!:eek:

Less of the ad hominems please.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Mr. Boo

... but, because your materialism is absolute ... you refuse to accept the physcal evidence ...

Enough of the self contradiction too. It doesn't help with your complete lack of any argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

"Darwinism and its atheistic implications" about 5 minutes into the video.

Don't need to watch any more when they start this horse ****

Do you think he's enough of a laughing stock for some sort of J C-based meme posters?
    Nothing flashy, just something like:
    Claim you never insult people

Looney_Tunes_-_Roadrunner.gif?v=1

Insult them anyway

• Advertisement

The video is a tour de force of the evidence for a Creator ... and the contributors have the range of professional backgrounds to deliver it ... and they have done so successfully ...
    ... but, because your materialism is absolute ... you refuse to accept the physcal evidence ... and instead you continue to delude yourself that materialistic miracles can occur ... and you roll up in a foetal position and stick your fingers in your ears and repeat the mantra that 'it is true that molecules can spontaneously arrange themslves into Man ... and therefore a hurricane can spontaneously produce trains, planes and automobiles ... and the occasional Human!!!':):D

point out where in the video they provide the evidence then.

they spend the best part of an hour displaying a terrible lack of scientific understanding.

the irreducible complexity part was especially painful to watch. using a mouse trap to illustrate their lack of understanding of evolution and then declare that somehow debunks evolution.

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    ... and therefore no intelligence is allowed in your worldview!!!

dlofnep
    Less of the ad hominems please.
    I wasn't using an ad hominem ... you don't accept that the universe and life originated through the appliance of intelligence ... or do you?

... the irreducible complexity part was especially painful to watch. using a mouse trap to illustrate their lack of understanding of evolution and then declare that somehow debunks evolution.
    ... the truth can be painful ... but it will set you free.

... the mousetrap only consists 4 irreducble parts ... living systems have them by the thousands.

... the mousetrap only consists 4 irreducble parts ... living systems have them by the thousands.

thanks for proving my point about creationists not understanding evolution.

All you have to do is replace the word "truth" with "work", and you have the slogan for Nazi death camps. Therefore, J C is a Nazi. QED, [UNNECESSARY-WORD-DELETED].

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Mr. Boo

So?

Analogies, apt or not, are not proof of anything. It's your way of simplifying something you want to understand, but don't or won't. Just like inventing a god instead of questioning things.

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C
    ... but, because your materialism is absolute ... you refuse to accept the physcal evidence ...

Mr. Boo
    Enough of the self contradiction too.
    ... but it isn't self contradictory ... its just ironic ... that Materialists don't have physical, i.e. material. evidence for their origins beliefs ...
    ... yet Theists have physical evidence for the actions of a transcendent creative entity AKA God.

I guess you don't ever get tired of lying.

... but it isn't self contradictory ... its just ironic ... that Materialists don't have physical, i.e. material. evidence for their origins beliefs ...
    ... yet Theists have physical evidence for the actions of a transcendent creative entity AKA God.

excellent, so we can expect you to post your proof shortly.

• Advertisement

skregs wrote: »
    "Darwinism and its atheistic implications" about 5 minutes into the video.

Don't need to watch any more when they start this horse ****
    Best not to watch any more ... if you don't want to lose your faith in Atheism.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement